Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723110 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ola9292(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
abuhusna1:

Your agent won chop your money cos even the embassy requirement is that you pay 6k euro from your tuition and the cheapest university here is 10k euro
So don't fall victim
thanks so much bro, are there jobs available for students?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sohoo123: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know how long it takes DBS to issue visa letter ?? I paid part school fees since on the 25th of October and got issued a receipt on the 31st of October.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mychellin: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

Certainly not possible. The best you can do is get money to pay house rent which is on the high side if you are in Dublin and then little extra as stipend. That is feeding, transportation and the rest. It all boils down to your spending habits. But the truth is, you can't use such proceed from part time work to pay for school fees. However, during vacation period, I will agree one can save quite reasonable amount of money since it's 40 hours a week but I don't think one can pay school fees out of it. Trust me, the cost of living is quite expensive here. It takes one to be extra disciplined in spending to save something reasonable.

@partnerus,
With your experience currently, what can you say about getting a job after programme there. Is there hope for reasons to stay back and to recoup fund with all academic stress experienced in Ireland.

Pls share your mind on this.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
mychellin:

@partnerus,
With your experience currently, what can you say about getting a job after programme there. Is there hope for reasons to stay back and to recoup fund with all academic stress experienced in Ireland.

Pls share your mind on this.
Whatever I write now is solely my own opinion.

To your question I will say YES there are great hopes of staying back on graduation. First we all know we have 2 years extra on graduation to work full time of 40 hours a week. Secondly, my current course of study in on the skilled occupation list which is currently in high demand here. That is not to infer that I don't know that there is racial discrimination against black applicants but seriously with sheer determination, you will get a job. Also I work part time in a hotel and I was told by my supervisor on options to stay black which hitherto o was oblivious of. I cant start typing all that here on the internet. So to your question, I would Yes there are great hopes of staying back hrre. But the truth is, it all boils down to the individual. What are your life goals? Can you stay focused when you get here and face wwhwt exactly brought you here? Or you would go for endless partying and clubbing? It all depends on the individual. If you know your root and also have it at the back of your mind that to whom much is given, much is expected, then you will work towards it. But seriously there are several options one can take to stay back but I can't start typing that here.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
hustla:

Yeah I was asking about the vacation period when you can work 40 hrs or more.

How do you plan on paying for yours then or you had all your fees before you left?

... And im thinking of Going for an undergraduate course
This is not meant to discourage you. But seriously I don't see the possibility of you paying the rest balance of your tuition even working 40 hours a week. The reason is that even during those periods, you have loads of assignments to attend too and hence you can't even doo 40hours in reality. Also, the cost of living here in Dublin is very much high. My brother, you can only feed, cloth, pay sundry bills and of course save extra little if you can but I don't see the possibility of such converting your school fees in reality. To even think it's an undergraduate course you are going for makes it even hard. If it were masters, you can bear the pains and make stringent sacrifice for a year. But I don't see gleam of hope on that too. So the truth is, you can't pay tuition with part time work here while schooling except you want to go into illegal acts and be assured Garda police are quite effective here to smoke you out in no distant time.
Please advise us o
Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus

Oh boy
Se person no go stay in country like this..cos if you can't work for 1 year and be able to save fees, then that's insane
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
hustla:
partnerus

Oh boy
Se person no go stay in country like this..cos if you can't work for 1 year and be able to save fees, then that's insane
If you are talking about after you graduate, YES one can start saving reasonable amount cause you are given 2 years post study work visa which is enough to recoup whatever was spent in the course of study.

But if you mean, recouping your money while schooling, then I am sorry you cant. It's as simple as that cause the cost of living here is pretty high. It's better felt than explained though.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

To your question I will say YES there are great hopes of staying back on graduation. First we all know we have 2 years extra on graduation to work full time of 40 hours a week. Secondly, my current course of study in on the skilled occupation list which is currently in high demand here. That is not to infer that I don't know that there is racial discrimination against black applicants but seriously with sheer determination, you will get a job. Also I work part time in a hotel and I was told by my supervisor on options to stay black which hitherto o was oblivious of. I cant start typing all that here on the internet. So to your question, I would Yes there are great hopes of staying back hrre. But the truth is, it all boils down to the individual. What are your life goals? Can you stay focused when you get here and face wwhwt exactly brought you here? Or you would go for endless partying and clubbing? It all depends on the individual. If you know your root and also have it at the back of your mind that to whom much is given, much is expected, then you will work towards it. But seriously there are several options one can take to stay back but I can't start typing that here.
is Msc international bussiness on the shortage skills ?it not expressly state d
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

If you are talking about after you graduate, YES one can start saving reasonable amount cause you are given 2 years post study work visa which is enough to recoup whatever was spent in the course of study.

But if you mean, recouping your money while schooling, then I am sorry you cant. It's as simple as that cause the cost of living here is pretty high. It's better felt than explained though.

Hehehehe you seem to get some parts of my question wrong

Recouping can be done after, that shouldn't be a problem. My own major concern is being able to afford one year tuition (paying €10,000 schools fees for 1 year before leaving naija)... And then being able to make enough for the next year upon landing and getting some job

I mean if 1 year isn't enough for you to be able to work and save enough for the next year, then that's a tough situation
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Congratulations to all those that have been granted their visa. However, I deem it fit to give word of advise.
Nigeria's image here in Ireland is seriously battered. All thanks to few cladenstine Nigerians who have made it a choice to do illegal acts here capable of denting our image. That been said, I also want to thank particularly Nigerians with student visas here. They have portrayed themselves in positive light and this to me, is a positive step in the right direction towards redressing the severely dented image of Nigeria as a country.

In same vein, I wish to humbly appeal to my Nigerian compatriots planning to come down here for schooling or whatever purpose best known to them. There are lots of opportunities here. You can make it big if you work hard and be consistent in whatever legitimate endeavour you choose to embark on. The reason is Euro is high if converted to our local naira and I am using myself as case study. With your little hustle, it's worth reasonable amount when you send back home and you won't believe what you are able to save within a reasonable time at home even while schooling here.
Crime doesn't pay. Please shun acts capable of destroying our smeared image the more. Stay positive and strong even when faced with racist acts. I say this cause you definitely will experience it here. That one is certain but the truth is, don't let it deter you from forging ahead. Say to yourself, 'I can make it no matter what' . If possible, say this to yourself everyday. It will get you encouraged.
Please desist from credit card scam, drug smuggling and other acts which Nigerians are infamously known for here. It pains me at work my colleagues remember me that on daily basis about the ill things which Nigerians are wrongly known for here.
Pride yourself in your humble begining.
For those genuine serious minded students coming to ireland, I can volunteer to answer questions in respect to work here but seriously, there are lots of jobs here for students. Please always remember where you come from. If possible take pictures of loved ones with you back home and then position it by your bedside when you get here. That will serve as a constant reminder that your people back home are waiting for you.
Don't join gangs here of do what we Nigerians call 'follow follow'. There is life here and if you aren't focussed, you will loose out. Please Ireland isn't our home, Nigeria is. Always have it at the back of your mind that you will retire back home someday.
I will also advise that those that have been granted visa can come in groups by boarding same flight and booking for accommodation in any of the hostels. That way, you get to exchange ideas and reduce cost to the bearest minimum and above all, stay safe and strong as first timer. I am saying from experience. I came here all alone and it wasn't funny in the first two weeks for me. God bless the Nigerian guy I met in the hostel who holds a stamp 4 visa. He was more than a brother to me. But I am not saying you should trust everyone you meet easily but the truth is, there are still some exceptionally good Nigerians out there even on foreign soil.
Despite my busy schedule with school assignments and work, I have decided to respond to as much questions as I can as a give back to fellow nigerians planning to come here for study purpose. Guys over here helped me with information earlier this year while I was still in Lagos too and so I feel it's time to reciprocate same gesture. But be reminded that my responses are entirely my own opinion.

Once again, stay positive and strong.

I salute all!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
hustla:

Hehehehe you seem to get some parts of my question wrong

Recouping can be done after, that shouldn't be a problem. My own major concern is being able to afford one year tuition (paying €10,000 schools fees for 1 year before leaving naija)... And then being able to make enough for the next year upon landing and getting some job

I mean if 1 year isn't enough for you to be able to work and save enough for the next year, then that's a tough situation
I understand your plight bro but the truth is, it's not possible. The cost of living here is pretty much expensive. I would have given the nod if you were doing a master's program based on the fact that it's a year program. What can't kill you only makes you stronger. I would have said ok fine you can struggle for the one year while your master's program lasts but in this scenario, it's absolutely unthinkable.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

I understand your plight bro but the truth is, it's not possible. The cost of living here is pretty much expensive. I would have given the nod if you were doing a master's program based on the fact that it's a year program. What can't kill you only makes you stronger. I would have said ok fine you can struggle for the one year while your master's program lasts but in this scenario, it's absolutely unthinkable.

Will the Msc programme allow you stay back for 2 years also even though it is a 1 year programme?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:
Congratulations to all those that have been granted their visa. However, I deem it fit to give word of advise.

In same vein, I wish to humbly appeal to my Nigerian compatriots planning to come down here for schooling or whatever purpose best known to them. There are lots of opportunities here. You can make it big if you work hard and be consistent in whatever legitimate endeavour you choose to embark on. The reason is Euro is high if converted to our local naira and I am using myself as case study. With your little hustle, it's worth reasonable amount when you send back home and you won't believe what you are able to save within a reasonable time at home even while schooling here.!

ACCOLADES!!!

Thanks for taking time off to go deep on issues.

Wishing you success

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
hustla:

Will the Msc programme allow you stay back for 2 years also even though it is a 1 year programme?

Bros read through the thread .

Plus if you're above 23 years , its unlikely to get a visa to study UG program.

Thats 1st hand info from Irish embassy
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
God bless you partnerus for that long post up there
Didn't want to quote and spoil the thread

Many thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
ICaSNg:

Bros read through the thread .

Plus if you're above 23 years , its unlikely to get a visa to study UG program.

Thats 1st hand info from Irish embassy

Read all through the thread and didnt see this o
shocked

Oh boy, which way man go follow now?
And please, is it still 2 years for a 1 year msc programme?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:
Nigeria's image here in Ireland is seriously battered. All thanks to few cladenstine Nigerians who have made it a choice to do illegal acts here capable of denting our image. That been said, I also want to thank particularly Nigerians with student visas here. They have portrayed themselves in positive light and this to me, is a positive step in the right direction towards redressing the severely dented image of Nigeria as a country.

In same vein, I wish to humbly appeal to my Nigerian compatriots planning to come down here for schooling or whatever purpose best known to them. There are lots of opportunities here. You can make it big if you work hard and be consistent in whatever legitimate endeavour you choose to embark on. The reason is Euro is high if converted to our local naira and I am using myself as case study. With your little hustle, it's worth reasonable amount when you send back home and you won't believe what you are able to save within a reasonable time at home even while schooling here.
Crime doesn't pay. Please shun acts capable of destroying our smeared image the more. Stay positive and strong even when faced with racist acts. I say this cause you definitely will experience it here. That one is certain but the truth is, don't let it deter you from forging ahead. Say to yourself, 'I can make it no matter what' . If possible, say this to yourself everyday. It will get you encouraged.
Please desist from credit card scam, drug smuggling and other acts which Nigerians are infamously known for here. It pains me at work my colleagues remember me that on daily basis about the ill things which Nigerians are wrongly known for here.
For those genuine serious minded students coming to ireland, I can volunteer to answer questions in respect to work here but seriously, there are lots of jobs here for students. Please always remember where you come from. If possible take pictures of loved ones with you back home and then position it by your bedside when you get here. That will serve as a constant reminder that your people back home are waiting for you.
Don't join gangs here of do what we Nigerians call 'follow follow'. There is life here and if you aren't focussed, you will loose out. Please Ireland isn't our home, Nigeria is. Always have it at the back of your mind that you will retire back home someday.
I will also advise that those that have been granted visa can come in groups by boarding same flight and booking for accommodation in any of the hostels. That way, you get to exchange ideas and reduce cost to the bearest minimum and above all, stay safe and strong as first timer. I am saying from experience. I came here all alone and it wasn't funny in the first two weeks for me. God bless the Nigerian guy I met in the hostel who holds a stamp 4 visa. He was more than a brother to me. But I am not saying you should trust everyone you meet easily but the truth is, there are still some exceptionally good Nigerians out there even on foreign soil.
Despite my busy schedule with school assignments and work, I have decided to respond to as much questions as I can as a give back to fellow nigerians planning to come here for study purpose. Guys over here helped me with information earlier this year while I was still in Lagos too and so I feel it's time to reciprocate same gesture. But be reminded that my responses are entirely my own opinion.

I salute all!!!

Great guy,

I know you are the only one that can be down to earth.

BRAVO!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

Bro..I will be studying msc in management. Pls is it among the list of skilked occupation employment permit list?? I don't understand how that stuff works?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sohoo123: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sohoo123:
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know how long it takes DBS to issue visa letter ?? I paid part school fees since on the 25th of October and got issued a receipt on the 31st of October.
@partnerus pls any idea?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
partnerus:

I salute all!!!

This is actually Crap...Nigeria's Image Battered? You should stop accepting micro aggressions from these white people...I guess the irish people are 100% saints with no Criminals.....Whites will always brand foreigners..... if you are arab you are a terrorist, if you are from south america you are escobar...Anybody that commits crime will carry the consequence on HIS head..Nigeria's Image is INTACT!

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mychellin: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=partnerus post=72994108]
Whatever I write now ........

Thanks @partner for your insightful response

I specifically interested about life after the 2 yrs post study stay. As a married man, can I invite family over during the 2 yrs stay. What's the possibility or faith of getting stayed beyond the 2 yrs post graduate employment or even PR. Do we have people there that had gone through above stages.

I got offer for next yr for Msc mgmt practice and I need to plan ahead.

Pls help expanciate on above 2 critical questions base on your experience staying there. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
pristine88:

This is actually Crap...Nigeria's Image Battered? You should stop accepting micro aggressions from these white people...I guess the irish people are 100% saints with no Criminals.....Whites will always brand foreigners..... if you are arab you are a terrorist, if you are from south america you are escobar...Anybody that commits crime will carry the consequence on HIS head..Nigeria's Image is INTACT!

Bros , calm down. He shared his opinion.

Every country have bad eggs, for Nigerians we have a reputation you can take it or leave it.

I studied in the UK myself for 5 years and i have Nigerian colleagues who are absolutely a disgrace and then many others are good.

He gave his candid opinion but then its good you came to the conclusion that anybody who commits crime will carry the consequence.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=mychellin post=73005159][/quote]

I purposely shared the link to list of highly skilled occupations - check last 2 pages and carry out your personal research.

What the highly skilled occupation in demand list means is that if an employer intends to sponsor your work permit after your 2 years, priority will be given to people with degree, skills and work experience in those fields on that list.

However, after your 2 years worst case scenario you can move to Canada (if the express entry is still on , cos as it is it is valid till 2021) or you can take up a PhD program this permits you bring your family into the country and hopefully settle indefinitely.

That is my professional advice.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sohoo123:
@partnerus pls any idea?

What do you mean by visa letter?

Or you are referring to confirmation of payment?

DBS works strictly with Agents,speak to them
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
hustla:

Read all through the thread and didnt see this o
shocked

Oh boy, which way man go follow now?
And please, is it still 2 years for a 1 year msc programme?

From your comments , you are prepping for september 2019 intake if am correct?

As of today, 2 years work permit is still valid for masters and PhD graduates only. No one knows what the new law will be tomorrow .

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
ICaSNg:

From your comments , you are prepping for september 2019 intake if am correct?

As of today, 2 years work permit is still valid for masters and PhD graduates only. No one knows what the new law will be tomorrow .

Yes for September.

Okay thank you for the information
smiley
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
pristine88:

Lol it's true Bro.
Even in India, they know us wella.. But the problem is that they identify almost all black people as Nigerians so even if a Camerounian sold drugs, na Nigeria them go claim.

We really need to fix our image

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Segunagagu:

Bro..I will be studying msc in management. Pls is it among the list of skilked occupation employment permit list?? I don't understand how that stuff works?

Just Google SOL Ireland
It's easy to find
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 3:24am On Nov 16, 2018
hustla:

Lol it's true Bro.
Even in India, they know us wella.. But the problem is that they identify almost all black people as Nigerians so even if a Camerounian sold drugs, na Nigeria them go claim.

We really need to fix our image

brah i tire...ghana will commit they will say naija...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2018
ICaSNg:

Bros , calm down. He shared his opinion.

Every country have bad eggs, for Nigerians we have a reputation you can take it or leave it.

I studied in the UK myself for 5 years and i have Nigerian colleagues who are absolutely a disgrace and then many others are good.

He gave his candid opinion but then its good you came to the conclusion that anybody who commits crime will carry the consequence.

every country has a stereotypical reputation and if his so called colleagues keep bringing up ours then its more than caution...its like if every-time i meet a German i bring up issues of Hitler and the holocaust or a belgian and start talking about king leopold's genocide in congo how would they feel?its totally racist and if they do it to us, you shouldn't accept it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2018
ICaSNg:

What do you mean by visa letter?

Or you are referring to confirmation of payment?

DBS works strictly with Agents,speak to them

You confirmation of payment from DBS should sooth that purpose.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=mychellin post=73005159][/quote]

We have quite a few here that have stayed back upon graduation. Nigerian students coming enmass to school on Ireland to me, was a recent trend. The UK, US and Canada was the reigning thing not until Ireland introduced the 2 post study visa for masters graduate. If your course is among the highly sorted skilled occupation list and you make good grades, then I don't see why you cannot stay back here after securing a job. As for bringing your wife and children, you cannot do that now on a stamp 2 visa. Probably later on when you got a sponsorship visa from an employer only then you can bring your family here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.