Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723252 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blessedolamide: 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hello Dr in the making,

Drop your mail or send a PM, will send you a contact.

Cheers!!!
TeejayTCD:
Dear Colleagues,

I have been following this thread for the past two months. I applied for a PhD study visa for study at TCD and got the Visa approved in 3weeks and a day. I am on a paid stipend by SFI. I arrived Dublin on the 19th of November, late but didnt matter since my course is totally research-based. I never thought I'll need Nairaland to help, but I sure do now.

The cost of living here is totally outrageous and the rent is something else. I am presently in the Generators Hostel in D& and need to relocate to a more permanent and cheaper shared accommodation for the time being until I begin to get access to my stipend. Any help will be appreciated, also any body with good character and preferable a PG student may contact me so we figure out a way out.
Thanks.
Tunji

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
TeejayTCD:
Dear Colleagues,

I have been following this thread for the past two months. I applied for a PhD study visa for study at TCD and got the Visa approved in 3weeks and a day. I am on a paid stipend by SFI. I arrived Dublin on the 19th of November, late but didnt matter since my course is totally research-based. I never thought I'll need Nairaland to help, but I sure do now.

The cost of living here is totally outrageous and the rent is something else. I am presently in the Generators Hostel in D& and need to relocate to a more permanent and cheaper shared accommodation for the time being until I begin to get access to my stipend. Any help will be appreciated, also any body with good character and preferable a PG student may contact me so we figure out a way out.
Thanks.
Tunji

Damn... This accommodation of a thing is soooo scary..u people are getting us scared ooo... chai

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Humble11: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
Segunagagu:

Damn... This accommodation of a thing is soooo scary..u people are getting us scared ooo... chai

Dublin is an expensive city

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by moe0164: 12:26am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello Guys, I'm sorry I seem to be asking about this a lot. But, has anyone ever gotten a study visa for Ireland with 6k euros or 7k out of the whole tuition? I mean for schools that don't require full payment before visa. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 1:25am On Nov 23, 2018
Humble11:

Dublin is an expensive city
Kai..na wa oo
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2018
moe0164:
Hello Guys, I'm sorry I seem to be asking about this a lot. But, has anyone ever gotten a study visa for Ireland with 6k euros or 7k out of the whole tuition? I mean for schools that don't require full payment before visa. Thanks

Definitely YES!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Humble11: 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
Another admission from Griffith College Dublin, Msc in Big data management and analytics
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Joliverqueen: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Guys with experience in the house, pls how easy and fast it is to emigrate from Ireland to Canada,USA or Australia after one's masters program. I have seen icasng wrote that its a stepping stone to other countries.

Cc. Icasng, dotcomnamename,pristine888,partnerus.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Humble11: 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
Joliverqueen:
Guys with experience in the house, pls how easy and fast it is to emigrate from Ireland to Canada,USA or Australia after one's masters program. I have seen icasng wrote that its a stepping stone to other countries.

Cc. Icasng, dotcomnamename,pristine888,partnerus.

Visa is not to get when you are resident in these developed countries
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
Their is a place they call Hazelwood student Village you can go there to rent a shared room it's 450 euro per month and you pay 350 deposit. It's very good and conducive or you mail this woman she is in charge lesley@smithbutlerestates.com other Nigerians too can book it rather than book in host 350 for 5 days
TeejayTCD:
Dear Colleagues,

Thanks.
Tunji

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
abuhusna1:
Their is a place they call Hazelwood student Village you can go there to rent a shared room it's 450 euro per month and you pay 350 deposit. It's very good and conducive or you mail this woman she is in charge lesley@smithbutlerestates.com other Nigerians too can book it rather than book in host 350 for 5 days
that terrible to share a house or a room to 400 euro ....that crazy not even a single room

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
that terrible to share a house or a room to 400 euro ....that crazy not even a single room
That is the general problem in Ireland people in UK said you can have a room to yourself with 400 euro but here you will live far to get single room for 400. Rent collect all my hard earned money here. If anyone know somebody that can accommodate him or her please link up with the person ooo even if he dey do somehow to you grow tough skin except the person push you commot else you will be working to make landlord rich
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
Asapant:
Congrats to everyone that has gotten their visa.

Seems Irish embassy barely deny visa. Almost erryone sharing goodnews about their successful visa application.
Unlike Canada and the U.S thread.

However the people that have gotten to ireland, share your experience so far. The city at night, Lectures, food, transport, part-time jobs.

Thanks.
To be truthful, ireland is totally bleeped... i am in ireland everyday and the cost of living here is something else. To get GNIB appointment na GOLD, took me 3 months to get mine and still bills must be paid,Rent like 800 euros and above if you want to stay by yourself, don't get me wrong you can get for 500-700euros but u go tire to find. How much do u earn 9.55 euros an hour and only required to work for 20 hours a week with tax to pay around 2-5%. Transport a week in dublin about 20 euros,feeding never join. There are menial jobs eg, warehousing and picking fruits about 10euros per hour, if you go there u go see men with red passport still dey do warehouse jobs & the next day body go wan break, other jobs kitchen porter, cleaner, waiter etc. racism na another level especially in my house, things i don't do they go report to landlady. December dey come now for someone to work 40hrs, no time sef to go hustle join because exams is in January, u choose to do well in exams or work 40hours. I feel if u earn above 180k in Nigeria as a bachelor or spinster, no need to leave that job, i made a mistake ever coming here, na canada sure pass but since i am here, i will make good use of it.

Don't ask me about the 2 years, 3 people who finished from griffith college 1 Msc Accounting and finance, 2 International Business, don return back to Nigeria as no job show after the 2 years.

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

To be truthful, ireland is totally bleeped... i am in ireland everyday and the cost of living here is something else. To get GNIB appointment na GOLD, took me 3 months to get mine and still bills must be paid,Rent like 800 euros and above if you want to stay by yourself, don't get me wrong you can get for 500-700euros but u go tire to find. How much do u earn 9.55 euros an hour and only required to work for 20 hours a week with tax to pay around 2-5%. Transport a week in dublin about 20 euros,feeding never join. There are menial jobs eg, warehousing and picking fruits about 10euros per hour, if you go there u go see men with red passport still dey do warehouse jobs & the next day body go wan break, other jobs kitchen porter, cleaner, waiter etc. racism na another level especially in my house, things i don't do they go report to landlady. December dey come now for someone to work 40hrs, no time sef to go hustle join because exams is in January, u choose to do well in exams or work 40hours. I feel if u earn above 180k in Nigeria as a bachelor or spinster, no need to leave that job, i made a mistake ever coming here, na canada sure pass but since i am here, i will make good use of it.

Don't ask me about the 2 years, 3 people who finished from griffith college 1 Msc Accounting and finance, 2 International Business, don return back to Nigeria as no job show after the 2 years.
Haaaaaaaaa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

Bross Weldon ,,

Please I want to ask about the guys that left after their msc due to no work, are they single?
Also, I think the 2years post study just started 2017,does it mean they have exhausted the two years and no work either,
What is faith of married parsons trying to reunite??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2018
Biakwa:

Bross Weldon ,,

Please I want to ask about the guys that left after their msc due to no work, are they single?
Also, I think the 2years post study just started 2017,does it mean they have exhausted the two years and no work either,
What is faith of married parsons trying to reunite??

a)They are single young guys
b)i don't know much about married people trying to unite, but from people say its only after the course completion and u are gainfully employed, earning above a specified amount, then u can import or take your partner.
c)they stayed in the country working menial jobs to survive, they couldn't continue health wise because of the stress in their laborer jobs, they left Ireland after much search for a better accounting job.

Please don't get me wrong, people get jobs in PWC , EY, KPMG,AMAZON, Facebook etc even before graduation, it depends either u registered for ACCA or you came out with a 1st class when your result been converted, then chances are high you get the job.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

Bro which school are u?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Segunagagu:

Bro which school are u?

GRIFFITH
When they are doing their marketing, it will be like na heaven u want to enter, nobody will tell u about the housing issue till u come here, nobody will tell u about the GNIB and re-entry visa till u come

They will paint it like u have entered milk and butter.

Calculate it
Income : 9.55 * 20hrs * 4weeks = 764
tax (2-5%) :
Expenses
Accomodation - 400-450-500
light- 20
bus only - 80
with tramp - 40
feeding - 80

With this u can do ur calculation for 40hrs and see if it suites u

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

GRIFFITH
When they are doing their marketing, it will be like na heaven u want to enter, nobody will tell u about the housing issue till u come here, nobody will tell u about the GNIB and re-entry visa till u come

Calculate it
tax (2-5%) :
Expenses
light- 20
bus only - 80
with tramp - 40
feeding - 80

Na wa ooooooo
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

a)They are single young guys
b)i don't know much about married people trying to unite, but from people say its only after the course completion and u are gainfully employed, earning above a specified amount, then u can import or take your partner.
c)they stayed in the country working menial jobs to survive, they couldn't continue health wise because of the stress in their laborer jobs, they left Ireland after much search for a better accounting job.

Please don't get me wrong, people get jobs in PWC , EY, KPMG,AMAZON, Facebook etc even before graduation, it depends either u registered for ACCA or you came out with a 1st class when your result been converted, then chances are high you get the job.

Thanks,

If one is getting a job do they confirm the certificate from Nigeria or they. just make do with the Ireland certificate
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

GRIFFITH

Calculate it
tax (2-5%) :
Expenses
light- 20
bus only - 80
with tramp - 40
feeding - 80

So that means there is not even any means to socialize or something...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2018
For the guy complaining bitterly about life in Ireland , you can ask those living in central london.

I lived outside london for 5 years @ Hatfield to be precise, accommodation is 4 -5 bed house, my room costs £400 per month excluding bills. As at 2015, my friend in westminster london lived in a 4 bed shared house, her rent for 1 room was £750 excluding bills.

I had 18 -20 year old nigerian party freaks as flatmates, the ones who take your stew and finish the meat @ midnight when everyone was at work, library or sleeping, those who mess up toilet and you have to clean up after them.

If you have lived in Nigerian hostels, you probably would have encountered such.

You don't get anything on a platter in life , nothing is handed to you.
Brace yourself, grow up , sit yourself down and decide what you want to take away from Griffith / Ireland or the overall abroad pursuit.

As crazy as the UK is with no automatic graduate visa , some people are still getting their work permit legally without marrying EU/British Nationals.

Am not picking at you , you're entitled to your opinion but what you said today seems more of a rant than advise.

ICaSNg:
Moving on to serious matters!!!

Roll -Call and recap as we round up 2018 in the next few weeks:

1. If you have a masters degree and you are less than 40 years preferably less than 35 years with very good english language skills---- Please and please, check your occupation / field here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

And start your Canadian PR processing.

2. If you have a bachelor's degree or PhD , less than 35 years with at least 5 years professional work experience in what you studied at either bachelors/ HND /OND/PhD level and your occupation is on this list:

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

Start your Australian PR process. Please note: Australia removes occupations like 2 or 3 times a year , so carry out comprehensive research.

3. If you don't have access to funds of at least #7m , please don't apply to Ireland . This price estimate is for singles , if you're married , you should have way more.

4. If your parents are government officials e.g custom officials or entrepreneurs with no trading records, try and find a way to make the proof of funds legit if applying to Ireland. Else, just process UK- most of our partner universities now have 2 years masters program in the UK - 1 year masters degree and 2 year paid internship.

5. If you are married and what to study in Ireland, for the final time you can't go with dependents or family members. You are only permitted to do so if its a PhD program.

6. If your program will be for more than 1 year, you may have to renew insurance for each year.

7. New regulations for people currently studying in Ireland: If you want to visit Nigeria for holidays whilst your program is still in progress , kindly contact the GNIB for relevant travel permits. Ths however excludes those with British passport or American passports.

People should try as much as possible to conduct personal research and cost estimations.

No one is forcing anyone to travel to Ireland also note that people travel for further studies for different reasons.

While there lots of millionaires in Nigeria, some people have decided they want a better future for themselves and their family abroad while others feel they can't achieve their best potential in Nigeria.

ICaS and other contributors are only here to share our experience and provide guidance, decision is left to you.

As we head into 2019, may it be our best year in all we desire for good in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 24, 2018
I read your post and ordinarily I would have chosen turn a blind eye to it but for sake of clarity to those intending to come study here in Ireland, it would be a disservice to them if I remain mute. In as much as I reckon with you on certain constraints you made mention of here, it is not enough to draw to conclusion that there isn't better prospects schooling here in Ireland. For the record, I am not on the pay roll of the Irish government and I am not in anyway holding brief for them. So also, my write up is entirely my own personal opinion based on experience here in Dublin.

The truth is, there is no where on planet earth where you get things on a platter of gold. Even in freetown, Serria Leone, nothing is free there too. While I agree with you that Dublin as a city may have it's down sides, but choose to see the good sides too. You are a product of your thought.

ACCOMMODATION IN DUBLIN.

Its no longer news that Dublin is the most expensive city to live in Europe. Irish times even confirmed that too but the truth is there are other affordable and decent accommodation you can live in which will cost you between 380 and 400 euros monthly here in Dublin. I am saying this cause I witnessed a friend settle for that. It is very tidy, organised and could be likened to private university hostels in Nigeria. I didn't go for that's cause I already got a place in Dublin before then. You made mention in your write up of paying exorbitant rent as high as 700euros or there about. Oga, what happened to the mantra which says 'cut your coat according to your size? Even in Nigeria, America, Ghana or anyway else in the world, there is social strata which everyone falls into.

Before you left Nigeria, I guess you were amongst those who believed that once you get to Europe, you will pick euros on the streets. I am sorry if reality is far different now. The truth is, I work tirelessly round the clock here and blending same with my studies too. I have a part time job and also picked a night based job without tax as a Valetta. No European will do such job so I picked it. I am proud of it cause it pays my bills and gives me something to save as well. Come to think of it brother, where in the world is life seamless? Is it Nigeria, America or UK? I have an uncle who schooled in the US and today is a journalist in Manhattan, NY. He hasn't sent anything back home. He keeps complaining just like you are doing now as well. Complain hasn't helped anyone. Hardwork pays. There are lots of opportunities here in Dublin. Please look round and you will start finding such opportunities. I for myself I already have a clear road map here. I am already thinking of what I will delve into once I graduate since I am not allowed for now to be self employed on a stamp 2 visa.

Is Nigeria any better? Why don't you cut your spending drastically and work real hard. I mean real hard. To me, every Nigerian student here is a brother. I am using this medium to extend my hand of fellowship to you. Come let me introduce you to the world of hardwork which pays. We can together structure your time, plan your expenses and discuss a whole lot. As in brain Storm and share ideas together. I laughed when I read your post about racism in the house you live. Yours is small compared to what I face here. I am the only black guy in my apartment and worst still from Nigeria. I no send them ooo...I use schooling and hustling as tactics to ignore them. Most times I come home in the middle of the night after work and leave quite early to school in the morning. So I hardly have time for them. The truth is, it's not easy here but there are lots of opportunities. I mean it bro. That your friends graduated and returned to Nigeria doesn't mean your story will be same. As our faces differs, so those our destinies.
If you personally want proof, I can show you how much I have been able to remit home barely studying here for less than 3 months. I mean I achieved such feet with hustling and above all God's grace.
Stay strong and positive bro. That's the Nigerian spirit. Our leaders have failed us. You can't afford to fail your own children too.
To other serious and hardworking Nigerians willing to survive legally here in DUBLIN, please feel free to get in touch with me once you get here. Again, it's not easy but with sheer commitment and determination you will make it here. I mean real big. I am using myself as case study. That's why I have no intimate friend here or any thing bothering me. I made it so so that I can face the real purpose why I am here.

Please see the opportunity abound anywhere you are. Opportunities lies everywhere. The time to grab it is now or never!!!

[quote author=Bjrokenhear003 post=73244962]

Don't ask me about the 2 years, 3 people who finished from griffith college 1 Msc Accounting and finance, 2 International Business, don return back to Nigeria as no job show after the 2 years.[/qu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 1:15am On Nov 24, 2018
Bjrokenhear003:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 1:17am On Nov 24, 2018
If you hold bar and you don't need to work griffith may be good but if you want hustle and study stay out of griffith cos msc go to school Mon to Friday
Bjrokenhear003:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 2:55am On Nov 24, 2018
partnerus:
I read your post and ordinarily I would have chosen turn a blind eye to it but for sake of clarity to those intending to come study here in Ireland, it would be a disservice to them if I remain mute. In as much as I reckon with you on certain constraints you made mention of here, it is not enough to draw to conclusion that there isn't better prospects schooling here in Ireland. For the record, I am not on the pay roll of the Irish government and I am not in anyway holding brief for them. So also, my write up is entirely my own personal opinion based on experience here in Dublin.

The truth is, there is no where on planet earth where you get things on a platter of gold. Even in freetown, Serria Leone, nothing is free there too. While I agree with you that Dublin as a city may have it's down sides, but choose to see the good sides too. You are a product of your thought.

ACCOMMODATION IN DUBLIN.

Its no longer news that Dublin is the most expensive city to live in Europe. Irish times even confirmed that too but the truth is there are other affordable and decent accommodation you can live in which will cost you between 380 and 400 euros monthly here in Dublin. I am saying this cause I witnessed a friend settle for that. It is very tidy, organised and could be likened to private university hostels in Nigeria. I didn't go for that's cause I already got a place in Dublin before then. You made mention in your write up of paying exorbitant rent as high as 700euros or there about. Oga, what happened to the mantra which says 'cut your coat according to your size? Even in Nigeria, America, Ghana or anyway else in the world, there is social strata which everyone falls into.

Before you left Nigeria, I guess you were amongst those who believed that once you get to Europe, you will pick euros on the streets. I am sorry if reality is far different now. The truth is, I work tirelessly round the clock here and blending same with my studies too. I have a part time job and also picked a night based job without tax as a Valetta. No European will do such job so I picked it. I am proud of it cause it pays my bills and gives me something to save as well. Come to think of it brother, where in the world is life seamless? Is it Nigeria, America or UK? I have an uncle who schooled in the US and today is a journalist in Manhattan, NY. He hasn't sent anything back home. He keeps complaining just like you are doing now as well. Complain hasn't helped anyone. Hardwork pays. There are lots of opportunities here in Dublin. Please look round and you will start finding such opportunities. I for myself I already have a clear road map here. I am already thinking of what I will delve into once I graduate since I am not allowed for now to be self employed on a stamp 2 visa.

Is Nigeria any better? Why don't you cut your spending drastically and work real hard. I mean real hard. To me, every Nigerian student here is a brother. I am using this medium to extend my hand of fellowship to you. Come let me introduce you to the world of hardwork which pays. We can together structure your time, plan your expenses and discuss a whole lot. As in brain Storm and share ideas together. I laughed when I read your post about racism in the house you live. Yours is small compared to what I face here. I am the only black guy in my apartment and worst still from Nigeria. I no send them ooo...I use schooling and hustling as tactics to ignore them. Most times I come home in the middle of the night after work and leave quite early to school in the morning. So I hardly have time for them. The truth is, it's not easy here but there are lots of opportunities. I mean it bro. That your friends graduated and returned to Nigeria doesn't mean your story will be same. As our faces differs, so those our destinies.
If you personally want proof, I can show you how much I have been able to remit home barely studying here for less than 3 months. I mean I achieved such feet with hustling and above all God's grace.
Stay strong and positive bro. That's the Nigerian spirit. Our leaders have failed us. You can't afford to fail your own children too.
To other serious and hardworking Nigerians willing to survive legally here in DUBLIN, please feel free to get in touch with me once you get here. Again, it's not easy but with sheer commitment and determination you will make it here. I mean real big. I am using myself as case study. That's why I have no intimate friend here or any thing bothering me. I made it so so that I can face the real purpose why I am here.

Please see the opportunity abound anywhere you are. Opportunities lies everywhere. The time to grab it is now or never!!!

Don't get me wrong Mr,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion,
everybody came here to hustle not to pick money on the street of dublin

You are allowed to work this extent because of your timetable flexibility, how is it possible when u have classes 5 days a week and sometimes night tutorial join, can u work under such condition. I have friends in DBS who ball hard, one is currently in UK as i am speaking to u, one works more than 20 hrs a week and receives cash from other employer, one of very few cases that employer will pay cash. us in Griffith where is the time to do so or even go look for more jobs when u have assignment piling up with project which they insist we get a topic and write to submit next year January.

Everybody knows the saying,cutting your coat to your size, what matters is, the place u stay how far is it from college, can u meet up with class, how far is it from work before you start saying cut your coat to your size.

we are two who stay in a room and i pay 450euros monthly on my part but if i leave here, how many mins to work, how many mins to school is what you will check. ARE THERE AVAILABLE JOBS TO DO, yes in some areas, how fast can i get another accommodation(DEPENDS ON HOW LUCKY I AM, MIGHT BE THE NEXT DAY OR 3MONTHS)

Its very hard to see a company that pays cash in dublin, all company pay into your bank account, why will i want to risk that and beat the immigration rules working more than 20hrs a week and don't get a renewal to hustle money i burnt here before leaving Ireland is the major concern if work no sure.

Racism is strong, very strong especially if u staying with psychopaths. I have friends in Canada and i know their hustle is very legit and within 6months they start importing cars to Nigeria etc, here u are working for the SYSTEM and only with little savings of 100 or 150 monthly while schooling, many people in my class haven't gotten a job and them complaining how will they pay their January rent.

Please I'm not saying this to spoil anybody business, most people need to be enlightened and for people here, if they have found away around the system, they can enlighten others as we are all brothers and sisters in oyibo land

IF U WORK MORE THAN 20HRS A WEEK, HOW DO U DO IT WITHOUT BREAKING UR VISA RULES ASIDES FOR CASH PAYMENT ?

YOU SEE GRIFFITH AND NCI, just stay away from both of them if u are not loaded, they will kill u with so much course work, as i am doing assignment i am typing this reply

6 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2018
partnerus:

ACCOMMODATION IN DUBLIN.

@partnerus the great motivator.. smiles.. nice one bro..I will send u a pm..

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2018
@partnerus please i sent you a pm
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2018
I am glad to read your response bro. Now there seems to be more positive response coming from it. Your initial write up was mere generalisation. The truth is I reside here in Dublin city and we tend to pay same amount of rent. Mine seems a bit slightly higher than yours for a shared room. Maybe I was fortunate to opt for DBS then. You guys schooling their ought to discuss with the PG program coordinator there in Griffith so that something can be done in that regards.

I feel your plight bro but I am not advising you or anyone here to break the provisions of their student visa. All I was emphasizing is that one takes due advantage of the opportunities that lies in whatever environment one finds him or herself. Talking about Canada, there are so many Nigerians there in Canada with masters who settled for taxi driving. The racist thing is everywhere. Once you are not a native of their country, its pretty difficult getting a suitable job that is in tandem with what you studied in school. The only edge I would say Canada has is it's easier to get permanent residence there. This is one area which Ireland needs to critically look at so it can harness the pool of diverse cultures it seems to enjoy presently and then over time, they can have second generation of blacks as Irish natives.

You initial post would ordinarily deter the faint hearted to pursue a career path here cause of your generalisation of Ireland whereas it has everything to do with your own school which seems not to avail you time to hustle and work simultaneously. However, I know it's hard getting jobs that pay cash but look out for odd jobs which Irish people won't do for any amount in the world. In it lies the answer to that which you seek. There are lots of opportunities here and that's the gospel truth. Even the cars you were talking about shipping from Canada, it's cheaper shipping a car from Ireland to Nigeria than from the former. You can do your research on that too. Car shipping constitutes the bulk of trade between Ireland and Nigeria. Mostly salvaged cars if you know what I mean. Also, we have edge in currency value over them in Canada. The list is endless. Both countries are good and please don't get me wrong. At least vacation is around the corner and so you can hustle properly. Even in DBS, chances are we won't hustle quite well this holiday period. The reason is exam starts this January. So every school has it's own odds but regardless of such, we have to keep up the hustle. Stay strong and positive. God bless your hustle here and above all, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Bjrokenhear003:

QQ
Don't get me wrong Mr,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion,
everybody came here to hustle not to pick money on the street of dublin

You are allowed to work this extent because of your timetable flexibility, how is it possible when u have classes 5 days a week and sometimes night tutorial join, can u work under such condition. I have friends in DBS who ball hard, one is currently in UK as i am speaking to u, one works more than 20 hrs a week and receives cash from other employer, one of very few cases that employer will pay cash. us in Griffith where is the time to do so or even go look for more jobs when u have assignment piling up with project which they insist we get a topic and write to submit next year January.

Everybody knows the saying,cutting your coat to your size, what matters is, the place u stay how far is it from college, can u meet up with class, how far is it from work before you start saying cut your coat to your size.

we are two who stay in a room and i pay 450euros monthly on my part but if i leave here, how many mins to work, how many mins to school is what you will check. ARE THERE AVAILABLE JOBS TO DO, yes in some areas, how fast can i get another accommodation(DEPENDS ON HOW LUCKY I AM, MIGHT BE THE NEXT DAY OR 3MONTHS)

Its very hard to see a company that pays cash in dublin, all company pay into your bank account, why will i want to risk that and beat the immigration rules working more than 20hrs a week and don't get a renewal to hustle money i burnt here before leaving Ireland is the major concern if work no sure.

Racism is strong, very strong especially if u staying with psychopaths. I have friends in Canada and i know their hustle is very legit and within 6months they start importing cars to Nigeria etc, here u are working for the SYSTEM and only with little savings of 100 or 150 monthly while schooling, many people in my class haven't gotten a job and them complaining how will they pay their January rent.

Please I'm not saying this to spoil anybody business, most people need to be enlightened and for people here, if they have found away around the system, they can enlighten others as we are all brothers and sisters in oyibo land

IF U WORK MORE THAN 20HRS A WEEK, HOW DO U DO IT WITHOUT BREAKING UR VISA RULES ASIDES FOR CASH PAYMENT ?

YOU SEE GRIFFITH AND NCI, just stay away from both of them if u are not loaded, they will kill u with so much course work, as i am doing assignment i am typing this reply

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2018
abuhusna1:
@partnerus please i sent you a pm

Please leave me with your WhatsApp number here and I will email you. I don't have access to that email again. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2018
partnerus:
I am glad to read your response bro. Now there seems to be more positive response coming from it. Your initial write up was mere generalisation. The truth is I reside here in Dublin city and we tend to pay same amount of rent. Mine seems a bit slightly higher than yours for a shared room. Maybe I was fortunate to opt for DBS then. You guys schooling their ought to discuss with the PG program coordinator there in Griffith so that something can be done in that regards.

I feel your plight bro but I am not advising you or anyone here to break the provisions of their student visa. All I was emphasizing is that one takes due advantage of the opportunities that lies in whatever environment one finds him or herself. Talking about Canada, there are so many Nigerians there in Canada with masters who settled for taxi driving. The racist thing is everywhere. Once you are not a native of their country, its pretty difficult getting a suitable job that is in tandem with what you studied in school. The only edge I would say Canada has is it's easier to get permanent residence there. This is one area which Ireland needs to critically look at so it can harness the pool of diverse cultures it seems to enjoy presently and then over time, they can have second generation of blacks as Irish natives.

You initial post would ordinarily deter the faint hearted to pursue a career path here cause of your generalisation of Ireland whereas it has everything to do with your own school which seems not to avail you time to hustle and work simultaneously. However, I know it's hard getting jobs that pay cash but look out for odd jobs which Irish people won't do for any amount in the world. In it lies the answer to that which you seek. There are lots of opportunities here and that's the gospel truth. Even the cars you were talking about shipping from Canada, it's cheaper shipping a car from Ireland to Nigeria than from the former. You can do your research on that too. Car shipping constitutes the bulk of trade between Ireland and Nigeria. Mostly salvaged cars if you know what I mean. Also, we have edge in currency value over them in Canada. The list is endless. Both countries are good and please don't get me wrong. At least vacation is around the corner and so you can hustle properly. Even in DBS, chances are we won't hustle quite well this holiday period. The reason is exam starts this January. So every school has it's own odds but regardless of such, we have to keep up the hustle. Stay strong and positive. God bless your hustle here and above all, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Bro wat are u studying..hehehe...u should be an ambassador of Ireland to Nigeria. Loool

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.