Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47528 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2017
People dey ooo...
Leave other people make them talk their mind...no! grin grin
Ahbeg no quote me too, I no get strength.

Thread closed!

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Pojomojo: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
pocohantas:
People dey ooo...
Leave other people make them talk their mind...no! grin grin
Ahbeg no quote me too, I no get strength.

Thread closed!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by johnson232: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
explicite:

Well said...
u ve mentioned d problem here... and it's the ego... that I really agree with.... and truely this dude was wrong on all moral grounds... but what I will like to state is that... The wife had it coming and deserves what she got...
Nevrtheless, she deserving it doesn't give him the right to hit her.

thanks
@bold

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by johnson232: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
majekdom2:
when you are both angry, do you publicly calling him a pig. do you callhis joystick non functional in public. should your issues evolve to something similar. will you call your husband a pig? will you?codemn a woman that is ill cultured first , then condemn a man that hit her next.
@bold God bless u
The bold is the point
If the woman is cultured in the first place, the man won't hit her & everyone would be happy
But women keep evading this by excusing the wife excesses & jumping to blame the man
How God take create women
Very biased & selfish gender
That was why eve gave the forbiden fruit to adam, so she can evade the blame & shift it to Adam....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by lebete3000: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.

Imagine me being your hubby and calling you a monkey and a dirty pig.

How would you feel?

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by seangy4konji: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Abeg i no fit laugh..which one is its like your brain is shaking..lmao...
Linqsz:

It's like your brain is shaking

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
seangy4konji:
Abeg i no fit laugh..which one is its like your brain is shaking..lmao...

Yes Na!! If it wasn't, she for no talk that nonsense
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Pojomojo: 8:52am On Sep 22, 2017
All thi strash u girls are saying................ a woman with a bad mouth deserves a good slap

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by donodion(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Bullshit!!!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by sultan003(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
Evaberry:

I totally disagree

it will only take the holy Spirit for the man to be calm in the face of all the verbal abuse the woman is dishing out,what happens when the man tries to walk away and the woman goes after him for daring to walk away?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by potent5(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.
Damn!
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by billbonesmd(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2017
Superglue is cheap, kindly apply it if you have nothing meaningful to say.
Evaberry:

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2017
Evaberry:

hahahah oga why Na are you my mouth piece

flirt!!! angry

always laughing at zero-funny/ boring jokes

flirt..........a flirt with the most sexiest thighs ever...............

Masturbated 6 times yday just imagining my hands on ur thighs just 0.5 cm from ur honey pot embarassed
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.
This is why I love female doctors and engineers, they are intelligent, brilliant, understanding and every good thing you can look for in a wife, they can't even put up this show of shame because their profession goes with a prestige, the society see them as achievers especially for the ones doing well in their profession, they won't let one bad habit make the society feel otherwise. They don't depend solely on their husband for anything, they are goal getters, they settle issues amicably, they proffer good solutions to problems in fact, they are special breed.

If the man's wife was a doctor, she won't talk about his small dick and his performance in bed publicly because she will know the remedy to her husband's problems. An engineer wife will provide him a shoe when he works barefooted, there won't be a show of shame since they won't have time for time wasting talks. They don't have time for gossip, and every unnecessary things most female do and finally, they are respected by men. Marry a female engineer or a female doctor and you won't regret it.

This based on my rapport with females in both profession, I know many of them. Obviously there will be bad ones among them but they are not significant as the ratio of good to bad ones according to me is 10:1.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by SexXation: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2017
In life, it is never wise to judge someone when you don't know that person's history or story...this is a clear evidence of that. First thing people did was console the woman and rebuke the man, not even knowing what had transpired between them earlier. SMH.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Treasuredlove:
But sincerely, most of the people I see here commenting and disrespecting women makes me understand why some of their wives turn to parrot at home. You guys just drive her up the wall and she gets frustrated and talks and talks her frustration away...then you claim you married a spirit.
A little secret, very few women properly loved and respected behave like this. Na frustration cause am.
The op only saw the wife calling the man a pig...do u know if he sleeps with their maid? Just pointing out...you don't know what the genesis of the problem is, you just saw the result.
Bet u didn't read the part she was deriding his diick n his weak bed game...did u
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Veraatabeh(f): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
luminouz:
Oh shut d fvck UP!!! undecided
u re very stupid
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Veraatabeh(f): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dasshboard:

What is nice about this?
undecided
Dasshboard:

What is nice about this?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Veraatabeh:
u re very stupid
Will u shut d fvck up? undecided

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Veraatabeh(f): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
luminouz:
Will u shut d fvck up? undecided
wit ur stupid zombie face
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Veraatabeh:
wit ur stupid zombie face

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Veraatabeh(f): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
luminouz:
wink
luminouz:
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Veraatabeh:
wink
Can u just leave me alone now??
Thanks
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Veraatabeh(f): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Yeye they roll
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by safarifarms(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2021
Lalasticlala, I don't know if this has made front page before but even if it did I think it deserves front page again.

People need to know that it's not always the man that is at fault for every domestic voilence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Nanny Gets $121,000 Pay Check From Oppressive Nsobundu Couple / Woman Kept Her Baby In A Bag While Shopping / 5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.