Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (46916 Views)

Tenant In Shock After Lagos Landlord Passed Toilet Pipe Through His Apartment / Olu Okeowo's House: Man Shocked After Visiting His Friend’s Mansion In Lagos / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by GeneralOjukwu: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2017
userplainly:
any man that builds a house in the village while his children were born and raised in city is a wicked n heartless man who only thinks about himself, same useless thing my dad did, sold our bungalow which we grew up in the city and build one in the village, said we should all move home when our lives are planted in the city, our dreams, plans and education.. we refused n he left alone to marry another young wife after having seven grown ups....... niccur still lives in his small crib while we r thriving here, last I heaed from him was that we abandoned him in the village n we living luxurious life in the city.... my advice " think about the future of ur kids" village will not be developed for the next 30 years

Don't know how to start this post...

PLEASE forgive him, he's still your dad. Without him, you couldn't have been born.

Never pay evil with evil. Your hatred of him is palpable and plain to see.

Success is the best revenge as they say...

When you now show kindness to a former enemy, he would then understand the folly of his actions

I learnt somewhere that God blesses such actions even more...you can replace any friend but you can't replace your Dad

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by elbuzzy(m): 6:56am On Sep 19, 2017
Ur uncle most be an igbo man simple
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2017
Ashley86400:

Oh sorry for my dumbness, Mr Smartest.
Silly schmuck!

I'm Ibo, by the way. So this ain't tribal.

If u r Igbo (not Ibo) that makes it an even dumber question. OF COURSE THE UNCLE IS IGBO. WHAT ELSE CAN HE BE. Duuh
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 7:11am On Sep 19, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Don't know how to start this post...

PLEASE forgive him, he's still your dad. Without him, you couldn't have been born.

Never pay evil with evil. Your hatred of him is palpable and plain to see.

See, u never knew your dad was on NL. Don't be fooled. The above is your dad speaking!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by ayamprecious: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
I must confess I dont know the section to post this. But I have a serious question I must ask.
Is it necessary to have a house in the village when you spend most of your life outside the village? My uncles hardly visit their mansions in the village. Other people are just occupying the property. They only come back once in a blue moon. They can just breeze in and breeze out tomorrow.
My question now is, is it not better to have that mansion in the city, than rent an apartment in the city. You are a tenant in the city in one poor make-shift house, but own a duplex in the village that is empty. Is it even economically wise? It baffles logic and common sense. Dont give me that shity excuse about Home town and burial.

M sure u are satisfied that all your post are making fp,

U complained of friend having 10 carry over
Another one your uncle
Another family tearing apart

It looks like you are used to unfortunate people

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Queenlovely(f): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2017
ayamprecious:

M sure u are satisfied that all your post are making fp,
U complained of friend having 10 carry over Another one your uncle Another family tearing apart

It looks like you are used to unfortunate people
Na you get your mouth. Fire on. Abi Na free wifi? Type on
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by DaudaAbu(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2017
cashlurd:
I have always pointed this same thing to everyone who cares to listen. It's a very insane idea. Living in a rented apartment in the city and having so many rooms vacant in ur duplex at the village. And it's saddening that igbos do this a lot. They believe building a house in the village is a big accomplishment. The money I will use to build a duplex in the village which I know is a once in a while abode, I will use it and do so many landed property investments in the city

I have this idea that i will buy property anywhere i find myself. Many people will never go back to their village even after retirement, because i'm sure no child born in the city will follow his parent back to the village at this times and age.

Build a place where you are working, and probably rent out a portion. Use the rent to build something in the village. Its win win

When you are working and making money and you are not enjoying the fruit of your labour. You are waiting only to die and go to occupy the mansion permanently?

If you are already dead it doesnt matter were you are buried. I can be cremeted for all i care

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Chukazu: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2017
my uncle spent 100k to built mansion in the village, around 1980's .

fast forward 2013 he needed to renovate same house in readiness for my grandmother's burial and ended up spending more than 5million naira for renovation .

that simply means the house was actually a liability and not an assets.
there is nothing wrong in developing one's village by building ,but with what mindset, I noticed that people usually build to make one statement which is ..."I HAVE ARRIVED"

my take is ,instead of building a mansion in the village with no economic value; am sure every state has a city center, why not build in the city center so as to make it a revenue generating assets? you can even generate enough revenue from it to now build in the village

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by GeneralOjukwu: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

See, u never knew your dad was on NL. Don't be fooled. The above is your dad speaking!

wink

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by OmoManU: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2017
dingbang:
I rather build a hospital in the village than build a house that I won't visit for 300 days

No, u r a genius. kiss #nohomo
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Abagworo(m): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
I must confess I dont know the section to post this. But I have a serious question I must ask.
Is it necessary to have a house in the village when you spend most of your life outside the village? My uncles hardly visit their mansions in the village. Other people are just occupying the property. They only come back once in a blue moon. They can just breeze in and breeze out tomorrow.
My question now is, is it not better to have that mansion in the city, than rent an apartment in the city. You are a tenant in the city in one poor make-shift house, but own a duplex in the village that is empty. Is it even economically wise? It baffles logic and common sense. Dont give me that shity excuse about Home town and burial.

He is wiser than those from Southeast that build on other people's land in a country where only your ancestral home is considered your place of origin.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2017
twinskenny:

Do u massage for men�

Oga mi, you too dey come dis side? grin
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:

davido. You dey funny oh. Chai. You remind me of my kid brother, always throwing tantrums to get what he want
savagery
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by tivta(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2017
cashlurd:
I have always pointed this same thing to everyone who cares to listen. It's a very insane idea. Living in a rented apartment in the city and having so many rooms vacant in ur duplex at the village. And it's saddening that igbos do this a lot. They believe building a house in the village is a big accomplishment. The money I will use to build a duplex in the village which I know is a once in a while abode, I will use it and do so many landed property investments in the city

You obviously are too young and have not read the full story of the Civil War
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by jaychubi: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:

Many ppl are like dt it's financial illiteracy
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by ayamprecious: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:

Na you get your mouth. Fire on. Abi Na free wifi? Type on

Abi na me get mouth ooo, I just wonder how u are so related with unfortunate people
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2017
Haven't stayed in my countryhome for 2 straight weeks and haven't spent a cumulative of 35 days there since it was completed in 2013, but I have a fulfilment I have a house in my hometown.

Some things are just for social fulfilment.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by UDIOK: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
Lets see the pics of the house in the village first and the make shift in the city before comparative response

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by sabiboy65: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:

Village land and city land is it the same thing A city land is 5 times more expensive. He could have even inherited the.land from his forefathers. So cut the Nigga some slack. He who wears the shoe knows where it punches the most.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Ashley86400: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

If u r Igbo (not Ibo) that makes it an even dumber question. OF COURSE THE UNCLE IS IGBO. WHAT ELSE CAN HE BE. Duuh
This is your lame attempt at a diss.
Abeg, run along. .
This conversation is over.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by sarutobie(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2017
Only non igbos or igbos of the indomie generation will ask why an Igbo man will first build a house in his native land before anywhere in another Man's land...you people will NEVER learn! A few months ago igbos were given an ultimatum to vacate the north yet you still ask such rhetoric questions??
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by GetMeRight: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2017
Flashh:
See as this girl carry another person matter for skull.
Actually, we can all use this to make a better decision when it is our turn.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by bigpicture001: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2017
brother....leave your uncles life aline and build yours....stop judging his decision..thats what he believes is best foe him...so quit judging,him
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by djon78(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2017
Well the one you have in your village is your lot on the earth. This is just like my Dad, built 15 bedroom mansion in the village with several sitting rooms, and the funny thing is that we are only 2 males almost all my Sisters are Married, and My Brother lives oversea. I only enjoy the place during 2 weeks Xmas holidays.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Johnlenoxx: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
[. Is your uncle from abiriba??quote author=Queenlovely post=60594860] I must confess I dont know the section to post this. But I have a serious question I must ask.
[/quote]
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
czarina:
Oga, I said my own, say ur own and leave my mention alone grin
We are meant to mention whoever grin
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by czarina(f): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
chisco82:

We are meant to mention whoever grin
I see grin
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ashley86400:

This is your lame attempt at a diss.
Abeg, run along. .
This conversation is over.

Wao you are taking this very serious.
It's not a diss at all. It's attempt at sort of joke.
You r a very serious person
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jarus:
Haven't stayed in my countryhome for 2 straight weeks and haven't spent a cumulative of 35 days there since it was completed in 2013, but I have a fulfilment I have a house in my hometown.

Some things are just for social fulfilment.

Two straight weeks? You mean years?
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
djon78:
Well the one you have in your village is your lot on the earth. This is just like my Dad, built 15 bedroom mansion in the village with several sitting rooms, and the funny thing is that we are only 2 males almost all my Sisters are Married, and My Brother lives oversea. I only enjoy the place during 2 weeks Xmas holidays.

Ver common in Igbo land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / 10 Most-expensive Luxury Real Estate Locations In Nigeria / Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.