Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai (30761 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Challenges Court Order Declaring IPOB Terrorist Organisation / Ipob Terrorist Demonstration Today In Abia State - video / Arewa Youths Urge UN To Label IPOB Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by melejo(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

and @ nwabobo

Once this news is confirmed true that Kanu is dead, forget One Nigeria.

They will be no dialogue and Buhari's region will be the new theater of terror.

Pls pray harder for it.
I reject this news in it's entirety
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by 22Mikey: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2017
By WOLE SOYINKA......

The Ibos want Biafra The North wants Ibo's exit The Yorubas want Ibo's exit The Ibos are saying "we have investments in your areas and cannot leave them" And the fight is being cooked. Amongst all these, the President is in London Governors are sharing bailout funds Workers’ salaries are not paid Government officials have their children schooling abroad Ministers and senators are looting The poor Hausa man is riding Okada The poor Ibo man is riding Okada The poor Yoruba man is riding Okada The poor Hausa man sleeps under the bridge as Alamajiri The poor Yoruba man sleeps under the bridge as Alaye The poor Ibo man sleeps under the bridge as agbero It is pertinent to note that the poor from all ethnic groups in Nigeria have everything in common and so is the rich. Do not allow the agitation of an Ibo man who lives in UK or USA for Biafra cause the killing of the Ibo man in Adamawa. The rich hate us that much. Do not allow the Alhaji whose children are living abroad to persuade you to go and start killing on the street of Kaduna. The problem in the country is not the agitation of any ethnic group but the unity of the elite and the disunity of the masses. How many times have you taken your agitation to question your local government Chairmen? Why have you not asked your Governors through agitation how they spent bailout fund? Why have you not agitated against that government official whose mansions you go to beg for help? Sad to note; All the Governors love themselves All the past Presidents love themselves All the senators love themselves All the top government officials love themselves All the looters love themselves Why can't you and I love ourselves? Why cant we combine efforts and fight them? Why do we fight ourselves? Why do we allow them the freedom we don't have? Remember; a good Nigeria is better than a good Arewa, Oduduwa or Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by steppins: 10:34am On Sep 19, 2017
The BMC crew is nowhere to be found. They avoid threads like this.
Omenka, abeg upload that your shifting goal post picture you used in the other thread.
I want to use it here. Buratai has shifted again.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Ofeakwu(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2017
Below is my response to a friend who sent to me a compilation of the purported hate speeches by Maazi Nnamdi Kanu. I suppose that compilation has been making rounds in social media. I, therefore, decided to post the response here so that people can also see the "other side of the coin."

Compilation of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches.

The above from you on purported Nnamdi Kanu's hate speeches refers. My response is as follows.
I condemn and I am against violence - be it verbal or physical. Even at homes, verbal violence from many women has led to very sad and tragic events in the lives of their husbands, though, most often, unreported.

I personally did not hear Nnamdi Kanu say those things ascribed to him and, I am not sure you did either. However, let us assume he did say them and more. Those statements were not made out of Love and, actually, they are full of hate and, so, condemnable.

However, have we asked, what could have led to a man making such hated-filled statements? Remember, nothing happens for nothing.

Secondly, when were those statements made - before or after he came into the country? From my own understanding, most of those statements were purportedly made by him before he entered this country - in the early stage of his agitation - and apparently, that was his own way to gain attention of the public to his course.

Those statements are, also, the basis for his arrest immediately he entered this country, his incarceration for nearly 2 years, and his current trial at federal high court for treasonable felony. Has the court found him guilty? Why not allow the court process to run its course?

Now, let us look at this issue from another perspective. Remember the story in the bible of two sons their father sent on an errand as narrated by Jesus Christ. While one promised to carry out the assignment from their father, the other one said he will not do it. However, it eventually happened that the one who promised to do it later mocked their father by deliberately not doing the assignment, while the one who initially refused happened to be the one who carried out same assignment. Of course, the glory and praise went to the second guy.

The moral of the above story is that, despite all the hate speeches attributed to Nnamdi Kanu, neither himself nor his IPOB group has harmed anyone nor destroyed anything in all their rallies and activities (more than 300 rallies, as reported) worldwide. He and the group are not armed with even a catapult, neither have they physically attacked anyone.

If you have instances of violence attributed to Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB, please, list them out same way you listed out those alleged hate speeches by him.

I will not go into other numerous and equally condemnable hate speeches by other Nigerians which abound, for which non of the authors of those speeches has been arrested not to talk of prosecution. Rather, let us match this undisputed reality of non-violence on the part of Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB group, despite the purported hate speeches, with another undisputed reality from those who never made any hate speech.

Consider these :

1) Nnamdi Kanu was twice granted unconditional bail by federal courts but denied release - remember that President Buhari swore then that over his dead body will he release him.

Hate Action.

2) Unarmed IPOB members, within a school compound in Aba, singing and praying, were shot to death by Nigeria security forces -army and police.

Hate Action.

3) IPOB members, gathered in a Church at Nkpo, Anambra state, were shot to death by Nigerian soldiers.

Hate Action.

4) People rejoicing on the inauguration of Donald Trump as President of USA at Port-Harcourt were shot at by Nigerian soldiers, some killed, many injured.

Hate Action.

5) Gideon Akaluka was not only taken from a Nigerian Police custody, he was killed and, in addition, beheaded and his head used to parade a Nigerian city on a spike. Not only was no one convicted for this, Sanusi, who was linked to this crime is today an Emir.

Hate Action.

6) A woman simply advised a youth not to do his ablution in front of her shop since he may be obstructing her shop from potential customers. She was accused of blasphemy by this youth and others, killed and, beheaded. The perpetrators of this crime were all set free because the state government withdrew the case from court.

Hate Action.

7) Another woman was preaching early in the morning. She was attacked and killed. Till today, no arrests, no prosecution. Her crime? Preaching christianity.

Hate Action.

cool Agatu massacre, Nimbo, Delta Monarch, Plateau, Taraba and, Southern Kaduna killings by marauding fulani herdsmen, stoutly owned up and defended by known MIYETI Allah officials, their umbrella organisation. No arrests, no prosecutions.

Hate Action.

9) Arewa youths not only asked Igbos to leave their region, a treasonous declaration, they repeatedly reaffirmed this openly and, unlike Nnamdi Kanu that is standing trial for his own statements, these so-called Arewa youths were not even invited to any police post, not police station, police division, police hq, or by dss, to explain why they should issue such treasonous declaration.

Hate Action.

10) Has anyone been arrested for the hate song against the Igbos circulating in the north?

Hate Action.

11) While IPOB members are being mowed down for asking for a referendum, el-rufai payed money to fulani herdsmen after one of the many southern kaduna senseless and heartless butcheries.

Hate Action.

12) Till today, no northerner has been arrested and charged for sponsoring boko haram. Remember that kabiru Sokoto was arrested in a northern state government guest house.

Hate "Inaction."

13) The top ranking police officer, who was dismissed from the force for aiding the escape of same kabiru Sokoto, was recalled, reinstated to his position, and quietly retired.

Hate Action.

14) The fundamental human rights of El-Zakzaky has been denied him till today. Remember, he is a human being like you and I.

Hate Action.

15) In keeping with his 97% and 5% policy on treatment of Nigerians, President Buhari's first top appointments totalling 48 had no Igbo person from the SE region.

Recall, also, that in a diverse and heterogeneous country like Nigeria where we still have Arewa Consultative Forum, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, Ijaw People's Congress, and Oodua People's Congress, with each organisation looking and speaking out for and on behalf of their region, Igbos have no representation during National Security meetings.

Love Action?

16) The SE region is the only region with 5 states and the total number of Local Govts in the region probably equals that of Kano and Jigawa put together. Considering the "feeding bottle" system in Nigeria, does this not amount to
Hate Action?

17) The total capital budget for the entire SE region in this year's budget is about N27 billion, while NC has about N207 billion in same budget.

Love Action?

18) Are you aware that the gas pipeline that feed Lagos industries from oil and gas fields in neighbouring SS region totally excluded SE states and cities? Remember that SE, unarguably, has the highest number of Indigenous industries in Nigeria.

Hate Action.

19) Of course, I am sure that you are fully aware that the neighbouring seaports at Port-Harcourt, Calabar, Warri, and the inland port at Onitsha have been rendered comatose, while Lagos ports are the only ones working. In-fact, Badagry seaport is already being developed. This is despite the known fact that over 70% of businesses in the Lagos ports are done by SE and SS indigenes.

Hate Action.

20) Do I need to bring up the fact that despite the devastations wrecked on the SE region during the war, there has been no concrete steps towards rebuilding the bombed and destroyed infrastructures more than 47 years after cessation of open hostilities. Meanwhile, even with boko haram still very much active in NE, the NE development commission is already in place with several billions budgeted for their activities. SE development commission? Sorry, represent the bill next century. Another
Hate Action.

21) Do I need to bring up the case of the entrance examination cut-off marks, where Abia and Anambra states, despite the total disruption in the education of their children for 3 long years and the destruction of their schools during same period of war foisted on them, has higher cut off marks than even Lagos state, the most urbanised state in Nigeria and, other SW states despite their priding themselves as pace-setters in education in Nigeria?

Bringing this point home, it means that that Abia and Anambra child in the Community Primary School, built through the sweat of his / her parents, since Nigeria war planes bombed the one they had before, needs to do better than that Lagos child in the many upper class private schools that adorn Nigeria's economic power house in same examination to gain entrance into same school. Bros, think-am naa!
Is this not Hate Action?

Aaahhh! This is getting too long and I need to stop.

Fact remains that for each purported hate speech from Nnamdi Kanu, there are many hate actions committed and being committed in this country, especially, against Igbos and the SE region that cry to high heavens for justice. This is why Nnamdi Kanu is gaining grounds by the day.

Be very clear that I do not support Hate in any form - be it speech or action - no matter who is guilty of it. I am for LOVE among all mankind. #copied#

It is also important that we ask why such vitriol from Nnamdi Kanu and, why he is gaining so many followers in-spite of the reported hate speeches. Judging things from one prism does not give an overall view of the object or issue.

Let me conclude by saying that there can not be Peace and Love where there is No JUSTICE.

A Call For Referendum is NEVER A Call For War. If there is Justice And Equity in Nigeria, no one will pay any attention to the likes of Nnamdi Kanu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by sanpipita(m): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2017
Viergeachar:

Are you a learner

Yorubas will NEVER be caught flatfooted. Sure, some Yorubas will hail Sai Baba and get rewarded, it doesnt mean they support him from their hearts; many more will stand for justice.
Osinbajo must remain loyal to PMB!
Nevertheless, we won't stop calling for restructuring.

Oh they are snitching on buhari while claiming to be loyal, why not come out and confront buhari openly must they act like snakes.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by twanson(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Chai, I Swear! Nigeria Is Now The New Thearter Art Full Of Incoherent Drama Script...
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2017
sanpipita:

Oh they are snitching on buhari while claiming to be loyal, why not come out and confront buhari openly must they act like snakes.

Aren't some ones already confronting him openly

Must we put all our eggs in one basket

Come on, Yorubas are smarter than that. cool
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by steppins: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Don't compare Yorubas and Igbos

Our reactions aren't similar

Ever wonder why Obasanjo called for dialogue

Remember who the Igbos are

We don't forget
You don't know why Obasanjo called for dialogue?
The old cunning bastard will use this in the future. He knows Buhari can never sit in the same table with Kanu and by saying this, he'll look like he wanted to avert the disaster earlier on.
If Obasanjo was still the president, he'll never engage in any dialogue with anyone.
Yorubas are cunning and dangerous. Trust them at your own peril.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

''Yorubas can face the aboookis alone anytime, anyday'' - grin,gringrin,gringrin,gringrin,grin.

Ask ur father about military crackdown on yorubas during Abiolas detention.

And pls atop being delusional, yorubas didn't restore democracy in any way.

What makes you think you are older than me Na wa o!

@bolded
The crackdown was on Yoruba-led NADECO (National Democratic Coalition) and not Yorubas.
Nevertheless, Abiola and most NADECO activists outlived Abacha and democracy was restored with Obasanjo elected as president.
If Yorubas did not restore democracy, who did
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by ivolt: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2017
ideologies:
If KANU has a good lawyer, FG & military won't escape ICC

That stupid boy called tonyebarcanista is write another foolish article

Buhari is a big Coward, why send Northern governors if his actions were right,

So many educated illiterates, you could have at least educate yourself on the ICC statute of Rome.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by sweetilicious(f): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2017
I knew GOD will never allow the wicked go unpunished.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by cytell56: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2017
nwabobo:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai on Monday evening stated that the Defence Headquarters did not declare the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB a terrorist organization in the country.

Speaking during the official launch of Operation Python Dance II in Abakaliki, the Army Chief who argued that what the Defence Headquarters did was a pronouncement on IPOB added that the statement of the military gave room for the right steps to be taken on the matter.

According to Buratai, the action of the Federal government concerning IPOB was right and that the military did not over step its bound towards the protection of lives and properties in the country.

“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se. But this has given room for the right step to be taken. I think the government is doing the right thing.

“It is not that we are overstepping our bounds. We are still within the limits. And I ensure you that what the military said was to set the ball rolling and to bring the awareness to the public that this is what this organization is all about. I’m happy that the government has done the right thing right now.”

General Tukur Buratai further assured the people of the Southeast that the Army will abide by the rule of law and rules of engagement in carrying out the Exercise Egwu Eke II which kicked off on Saturday in the region.

Also during a courtesy to Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state who was represented by his Deputy, Dr. Kelechi Igwe, the Chief of Army Staff noted that the exercise was targeted at improving the security situation of the zone which according to him, was very strategic to the security of the country.

According to him the exercise will help to bring about the much needed peace and security and also be used to train the Military in basic internal security.

“They army have taken into cognizance the security of the people in deployment of it’s personnel for the operation”.

He said the army in carrying out the operation will liaise and work with other security agencies in the region.

“The army is very sensitive to the cultural norms of the people and will abide by all the rules of engagement and code of conduct that have been laid down which is quite in tandem with the Constitution,” he said.

According to him, some of the activities of the exercise will include Patrols, indoor battle exercises, Civil-Military cooperation activities like medical outreach, sanitation, donation of books to schools etc.

He therefore appealed for understanding as it is just an exercise to help improve security of lives and property within the zone.

Governor Umahi promised that the people of the state will cooperate with the army throughout the duration of the exercise.

He noted that the first edition of the operation last year was peaceful and successful and urged the military to carry out the exercise with high sense of discipline that the Nigerian Military is known for.

He urged the Military to pay more attention to the state’s border with Cross River while carrying out the exercise which he said have been decimated by boundary clashes.

http://thenationonlineng.net/army-ipob-terrorist-organisation-buratai/amp/a/

IPOB's in trouble
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2017
Viergeachar:

What makes you think you are older than me Na wa o!

@bolded
The crackdown was on Yoruba-led NADECO (National Democratic Coalition) and not Yorubas.
Nevertheless, Abiola and most NADECO activists outlived Abacha and democracy was restored with Obasanjo elected as president.
If Yorubas did not restore democracy, who did

This is not about age, but from ur utterances, u sound like u we're born after Abiolas election.... thus u need to ask ur parents.

Nadeco was a yoruba pressure group n wasn't a national group, ur trying to convince urself that igbos followed yoruba to die uoandan while protesting against a man detained n later killed by his very own friends u must be joking.

Abacha died a very strange death,, All the generals became very scared of coup/taking over power.

From. nowhere nigeria slipped into democracy without ever fighting the military for it... Now use ur spiritual eyes n read in between the line.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Xkalaban(m): 11:11am On Sep 19, 2017
Viergeachar:
Wow

Even the almighty NA has started recanting...

Any tribe that is not backed by Yorubas in this country is in trouble. cool

Staunch criticism of the operation from prominent Yoruba leaders and the FG has softpedalled.

When will Igbos show appreciation to their big brothers - the Yorubas?

Where are their 'trusted' SS friends they so love to attach to

Asari Dokubo is incredibly silent despite his latest rantings and assurances to IPOB. What a coward!

It is u who get it wrong bro. Have u ever heard of Igbos fighting Yorubas in the history of Nigeria? I for one have not and I bear no grudges for Yorubas whatsoever. I also Know that my ppl don't. Instead I even have Yoruba friends that I'm cool with till date. It is u e-warriors that instigate the hatred & pockets of bigots here & there on both sides. Like it or not, ur suspicions shld be for those up north cos they're the ones who despise u and I for accepting westernization whole-heartedly. Shebi they've stated that restructuring isn't happening on their watch & the north won't cede power to any other region come 2019. I guess it's Igbos turn now to just siddon dey look as the drama unfolds.

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by anitapreeti(f): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2017
soldierdollar:

I doubt you know it's meaning

Awwwwwn
So touching
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by anitapreeti(f): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2017
BanevsJoker:

It's talk, not speech. It's comment, not statement. It's purple, not violet.

Yea right!!!
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

This is not about age, but from ur utterances, u sound like u we're born after Abiolas election.... thus u need to ask ur parents.

Nadeco was a yoruba pressure group n wasn't a national group, ur trying to convince urself that igbos followed yoruba to die uoandan while protesting against a man detained n later killed by his very own friends u must be joking.

Abacha died a very strange death,, All the generals became very scared of coup/taking over power.

From. nowhere nigeria slipped into democracy without ever fighting the military for it... Now use ur spiritual eyes n read in between the line.

Seems you are the one born after Abiola died hence your father told you fables as truth... grin

Otherwise, where did I say Igbos joined in the struggle? Didn't I say earlier that Yorubas don't need and have never needed the feeble help of the Igbos in facing aboookis
Abacha died a strange death; who were those making life difficult for him? Did Abiola outlive him or not?
Musa Yar'Adua and other pro-democracy northerners that died in the struggle, were they also Yoruba?
Nigeria slipped into democracy from nowhere indeed. mtcheeew
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Yet again, proudlyngwa, Myndd44, Fulanmafia and blues3K.

educate yourselves.

Nown that the president has done it officially, instead of all those sugar coating.
Hope you are happy now.

But you never answered the question. Did a group of people called IPOB gather to look for Hausas to terrorize.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by patval(f): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2017
BanevsJoker:

Actually, it already is. It's called Political Science.
lol......abegooo nobi my course of studyooo.
I think mass communication will best fit into it cos they are the one's construction events into speech.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Halo22: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2017
I have said it and will say it again, Buhari should look before he leaps because we are not in the military regime. Meanwhile, ICC awaits some of his men....Nonsense.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by 400billionman: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Nwodosis:
The reason Nigeria will never move forward! The wrong ones are in charge of running the country.
They are not terrorists, why were they murdered?

The wrong ones are in charge.

But God will act film for them soon.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Viergeachar:

Seems you are the one born after Abiola died hence your father told you fables as truth... grin

Otherwise, where did I say Igbos joined in the struggle? Didn't I say earlier that Yorubas don't need and have never needed the feeble help of the Igbos in facing aboookis
Abacha died a strange death; who were those making life difficult for him? Did Abiola outlive him or not?
Musa Yar'Adua and other pro-democracy northerners that died in the struggle, were they also Yoruba?
Nigeria slipped into democracy from nowhere indeed. mtcheeew

U claimed Nadeco was a national group n not a Yoruba group.

Abacha ruled with iron fists n did every single thing he wanted till the very end, no one at any point make life difficult for him.
He killed n killed thru Mustapha n nothing happened so don't bring in that crap that u made life difficult for him.

''Nigeria slipped into democracy from nowhere indeed. mtcheeew"

Go and reread my statement again................ Use ur sense to figure out why all the army generals became scared of replacing Abacha.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by galaxy2020(m): 11:29am On Sep 19, 2017
....Are U confused Or a liar.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

U claimed Nadeco was a national group n not a Yoruba group.

Abacha ruled with iron fists n did every single thing he wanted till the very end, no one at any point make life difficult for him.
He killed n killed thru Mustapha n nothing happened so don't bring in that crap that u made life difficult for him.

''Nigeria slipped into democracy from nowhere indeed. mtcheeew"

Go and reread my statement again................ Use ur sense to figure out why all the army generals became scared of replacing Abacha.

NADECO was made up of Nigerians from almost every ethnic nationality but predominantly populated and led by Yorubas.

Abacha wanted to become life president - transmit from military to civilian president without leaving the army. He couldnt/didnt achieve that before he died as Yorubas withstood him to the end.

Jeremiah Useni was ready to take over from Abacha but the powers that be won't allow him. Instead, AbdulSalam was given double promotion from Major General to General at once so that he could take over as most senior officer with stern instructions to conduct elections within a year and handover to a Yoruba man. cool

I'm sure your father didnt tell you all that... grin
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by topyhanky(m): 11:38am On Sep 19, 2017
Fire on the mountain

War ..... Loading
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by HopeAtHand: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Nown that the president has done it officially, instead of all those sugar coating.
Hope you are happy now.

But you never answered the question. Did a group of people called IPOB gather to look for Hausas to terrorize.

That was what the news said.. that action is retaliatory. Don't get me wrong, I don't support it, but they never attacked anyone prior to the military attacking and killing IPOB members.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2017
HopeAtHand:

That was what the news said.. that action is retaliatory. Don't get me wrong, I don't support it, but they never attacked anyone prior to the military attacking and killing IPOB members.
Did the military attack anyone in Obigbo, did the military attack anyone in Aba before ipob attacked.
I have the videos of Igbos checking vehicles

In Umuahia, who attacked first, military or IPOB, I still have the videos.
Are you aware that mob action by organization called IPOB was made on banks, Aba south local government office and ariaria police station.

Who is IPOB to deny the military rights of passage, my brother that is an act of war. Forming a secret service within a country is an act of war.
Claiming to disrupt elections is an act of war.

But above all claiming you don't care what will befall other Igbos in the north as far as you get what you want is a genocidal attempt of terrorism.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Dare2Try(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
It high time prof wole soyinka come and lecture this idiot that wears khaki, what is the difference between pronouncement and declaration all the literature students in the house help me out
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Viergeachar:

NADECO was made up of Nigerians from almost every ethnic nationality but predominantly populated and led by Yorubas.

Abacha wanted to become life president - transmit from military to civilian president without leaving the army. He couldnt/didnt achieve that before he died as Yorubas withstood him to the end.

Jeremiah Useni was ready to take over from Abacha but the powers that be won't allow him. Instead, AbdulSalam was given double promotion from Major General to General at once so that he could take over as most senior officer with stern instructions to conduct elections within a year and handover to a Yoruba man. cool

I'm sure your father didnt tell you all that... grin

'' stern instructions to conduct elections within a year and handover to a Yoruba man''

Hand over to a yoruba man who had contested a primary election in pdp with an igbo man Now I see that we ere born in 1999 grin.

NADECO was a yoruba pressure group, u we coming closer n closer to accepting that. Igbos weren't a Part of Nadeco, ifir old enough n if ur in the know, the yoruba till 2017 still accuse the igbos of being silent during the Abiola Saga that resulted in the northern masters of yoruba forcefully taking their mandate n Yoruba couldn't fight them ''u claimed u people can fight them n need no help''....... Same is still happening, Yoruba votes n leaders put buhari into power n he completely sidelined those leaders to the extent that Tinubu appears to have disappeared from nigeria completely.

Abdulsalami had no power to move nigeria into democracy, Useni was sidelined for being a northern Christian, Abdulsalami was preferred for being a Muslim, nothing special about that.

Nigeria didn't fight for democracy, it was handed to them the real powers that be, the ones that killed Abacha n sent the generals packing.

Ur gambari masters have bleeped yoruba Consistently for decades with no reply or even a small fight grin.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

'' stern instructions to conduct elections within a year and handover to a Yoruba man''

Hand over to a yoruba man who had contested a primary election in pdp with an igbo man Now I see that we ere born in 1999 grin.

NADECO was a yoruba pressure group, u we coming closer n closer to accepting that. Igbos weren't a Part of Nadeco, ifir old enough n if ur in the know, the yoruba till 2017 still accuse the igbos of being silent during the Abiola Saga that resulted in the northern masters of yoruba forcefully taking their mandate n Yoruba couldn't fight them ''u claimed u people can fight them n need no help''....... Same is still happening, Yoruba votes n leaders put buhari into power n he completely sidelined those leaders to the extent that Tinubu appears to have disappeared from nigeria completely.

Abdulsalami had no power to move nigeria into democracy, Useni was sidelined for being a northern Christian, Abdulsalami was preferred for being a Muslim, nothing special about that.

Nigeria didn't fight for democracy, it was handed to them the real powers that be, the ones that killed Abacha n sent the generals packing.

Ur gambari masters have bleeped yoruba Consistently for decades with no reply or even a small fight grin.

You are just trying hard be mischievous. embarassed

I said, not only Yorubas made up NADECO but that it was mostly populated by Yorubas and led by them. NADECO fought Abacha till the end. If they had kept quiet and accepted him, the powers that be wouldnt have interfered by sending Abacha to the great beyond and also the generals.

I never said Igbos were part of NADECO. We never needed Igbo support and we never would. Igbo support would always be jara anytime anyday whenever we have it.

I guess it took you some time to google Jeremiah Useni wink

The powers that be knew that Jeremiah Useni would become another Abacha which was why they sidelined him. smiley

Whatever Abiola lost, Obasanjo gained. And Yoruba is more Tinubu's interest. With 11 solid federal ministries in our hands, I don't think we are doing badly.
If Igbos had anything close, we wont be hearing of anything like Biafra at this time.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

You are just trying hard be mischievous. embarassed

I said, not only Yorubas made up NADECO but that it was mostly populated by Yorubas and led by them. NADECO fought Abacha till the end. If they had kept quiet and accepted him, the powers that be wouldnt have interfered by sending Abacha to the great beyond and also the generals.

I never said Igbos were part of NADECO. We never needed Igbo support and we never would. Igbo support would always be jara anytime anyday whenever we have it.

I guess it took you some time to google Jeremiah Useni wink

The powers that be knew that Jeremiah Useni would become another Abacha which was why they sidelined him. smiley

Whatever Abiola lost, Obasanjo gained. And Yoruba is more than Tinubu's interest. With 11 solid federal ministries in our hands, I don't think we are doing badly.
If Igbos had anything close, we wont be hearing of anything like Biafra at this time.
Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Donpenny(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
The dancing python just swallowed his own word (declaration). what a coward major general he his

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu / Senators Urhoghide & Akinyelure Dump PDP / Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.