Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB (41980 Views)

Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / IPOB Press Release: Judge Runs Away After Proscribing IPOB / On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by holatin(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
StainlessH:

My Heart Beat!
mehn you re a badoo
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by holatin(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
uncleade:
Probably, a question for my grandma of yours .
egbadun sir
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by scantee(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Signed only on paper but in our heart we are still matching forward for what we believe in.

The sun rise!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:
mehn you re a badoo

I'm a married man oh, don't spoil me oh!
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
agarawu23:
Okay

Its high time these jobless iPod touts get sense.
Online chest beaters angry
Why do they want to declare online chest beaters as terrorists if our opinion don't count.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by bewla(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

That stupid dummy director had the audience he needed. Instead of him to sieze the opportunity and initiate d dialogue process.

He was busy living like a god. Everybody bowing to him.

U want to break up and u make enemy of every other person

I watched the f00l telling his audience not to attend a church with a Yoruba GO.

What do you expect from a man who failed in life. Life to him is just an experiment. (Something like let all of us die and start all over)

Instead of visiting all leaders across the Country pushing true federalism and also adding that secession is his preferred option and also making his demands known at every opportunity. He is busy spreading hate speech like a f00l he is.

You did not push for sovereign national conference.you did not allow Governors, Senators and House of two members from the region to sign an agreement to protect Ibo's interest or be voted out by ur massive supporters.

Even if you have your Biafra, won't there be diplomatic relations with other neighbouring countries ? Rude arrogant eediot

If you bathe with salt during the Ebola crisis dnt blame those who support Kanu. You are also an idiot. Just that they are the reigning idiots..
u get my teeth wide open
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Naruto87(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
lastmessenger:
Ipob are not terrorist. Only FG think they are but we all know the truth.
which is? ipob is only getting what they deserve, imagine going bus by bus just to kill any northerner, killing a police officer and burning properties, declaring ur own country and also insulting the country which u reside in.
based on what they have done, they should be lucky that the fed govt. has decided to attack only ipob and not start "ethnic cleansing" which will be the worst.
thanks to KANU the most people in the country are beginning to dislike Igbo which is a sad thing for me. may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by awa(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is not the problem in Nigeria and it amuses me that we keep railing on and on at him and his group. Kanu is a manifestation of a problem. He is filling in a lacuna, one created by years of our collective denial and dishonesty. He is what those in the medical field will call, a symptom. A symptom is just an indicator to a problem, malfunction or dysfunction. The truth is, take Kanu away and someone else, maybe much more radical will replace him. Why? Because we have failed to address the reason he is even in our faces in the first place. A smart and thinking president/government will understand the above before acting like a starved Hyena.

Why is there an agitation for secession? Why do we have an increasing score of people cry out daily for a division? What is the root of the Biafran agitation? Is there marginalization? If yes, in what ways? How can it be solved? What are our options? Address these issues and the symptoms takes care of itself. Beautifully, symptoms help in the diagnosis of a problem. Kanu is a necessary symptom. I keep saying this. You can't cover a beautiful carpet on a termite fested floor. Why are the termites in your room in the first place? Why is water leaking through your roof? What are the root issues of what is manifesting?

On a very personal basis, I'm indifferent to a call for secession or a call for unity. Historically and all round, my indifference is justified. In whatever angle you look, I'm a minority and that places me at the mercy of others. Go figure! And while I can laugh in oil, that even places me at a worse position.

And truth be told, this is the most divisive government (at the federal level) I will ever experience in Nigeria. Add insensitive to it too. And this is me being very kind with words. Anyone who denies this one fact, I have no words.

If I was the IPOB leader, I will understand that nations are sovereign for a reason and I will also understand the territorial-jealousy that comes with that. What will I do if I want to secede? I will explore my options, first through the instrumentation of the law and where I absolutely have none, I will damn the consequences, equip my men and get ready to face the music that comes with insurrection and disruption of an already protected territory. Security, both internal and external is the first reason we even have governments. Cue in man's social contract. Anything can be done using the cover of security, legal or not. And yes, the law will back this.

Without sounding too simplistic and without sounding too academic, the agitations of IPOB can be realised without sacrificing lives or playing into the hands of a mad government. A well structured, articulate and thought-out agenda will fix this. I know this.

I want to reference the Constitution, and I also want to reference the Armed Forces Act for and against the Operation Python Dance, but the thing is, I am tired.

The constitution expressly provides rights and liberties to citizens and especially that of expression, but that right is not absolute or without exceptions. We should never forget this. The other truth is, there are many loopholes in law and one can take advantage of it.

While we shout and kick against Kanu, let us not ignore the reason he has sprouted, strongly and boldly. Time is running out. The solution or fix to these issues is not just political, like many of us are positing. We need a holistic approach to it. Nothing less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by monex(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

That stupid dummy director had the audience he needed. Instead of him to sieze the opportunity and initiate d dialogue process.

I watched the f00l telling his audience not to attend a church with a Yoruba GO.

What do you expect from a man who failed in life. Life to him is just an experiment. (Something like let all of us die and start all over)

Instead of visiting all leaders across the Country pushing true federalism and also adding that secession is his preferred option and also making his demands known at every opportunity. He is busy spreading hate speech like a f00l he is.

You did not push for sovereign national conference.you did not allow Governors, Senators and House of two members from the region to sign an agreement to protect Ibo's interest or be voted out by ur massive supporters.

Even if you have your Biafra, won't there be diplomatic relations with other neighbouring countries ? Rude arrogant eediot

If you bathe with salt during the Ebola crisis dnt blame those who support Kanu. You are also an idiot. Just that they are the reigning idiots..

... and these are terrorists activities The word terrorism is banded with ease in Nigeria these days. Serves IPOB right though but hatred for igbos is blinding a lot of you.
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by holatin(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
StainlessH:

I'm a married man oh, don't spoil me oh!
abi na u I go beg not to spoil me
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by BlackBaron: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Criticised IPOB in the past especially with the hate speeches at the beginning and some of their modus operandi. Kanu for starters started out extremely vile and distastefully to almost all major tribes bar none.
While I do not accept its proscription relative to much criminal groups like the 'militant arm' of fulani herders.

I believe IPOB should also study separate groups in the past such as 'ETA' which progressively moved from non violence to violence. Killing and burning a police officer and police station respectively is a tendency of a group probably trying to tip over to get more attention from the government. The government too typical of excesses of security agencies ignored their rules of engagement and wrongly killed quite a number of people.

Does Nigeria need restructuring? Fuccking yes. however, it needs to start from us we having gained enough wisdom and electing the right people who can push our agendas collectively than this batch of rogues who ignore promises as soon as in power.
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by nwachiabiama100: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
hoopLA:

You set the ball rolling with your id1ocy. I'm only indulging you in your favorite pastime, which is making yourself look stup1d.

Now prove that the UN and co have condemned it. Afterall, isn't the president in New York for the UN general assembly? If the UN was condemning it, don't you think he would have backtracked on going there, given that he would certainly face backlash of some sort?

But simple logic escapes that flat entity you claim is your head all because Nnamdi Kanu has influenced you.

And you wonder why people call you folks pigs.

And sick in the head and far removed from reality is anybody who thinks that Buharis attendance in UN general Assembly meeting is a testament to the fact that the world and its governing bodies do not condemn his innumerable atrocious dispositions.

Waste is such a person's education.

Brainwashed and irredeemable slaves of Hausa Fulani who see nothing wrong in anything whatsoever their master does.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
Thank you General for standing firm behind your soldiers.

Abeg, where's yellow paw paw cheesy
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by baralatie(m): 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
monex:

... and these are terrorists activities The word terrorism is banded with ease in Nigeria these days. Serves IPOB right though but hatred for igbos is blinding a lot of you.
there is no hatred for Igbo rather it is the likes of KANU and ipob that is spewing hatred against other Igbo's who do not believe in the Biafra and other tribes within the sovereignty of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by brownhawk: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:
I have one troubling question, let say I have 3 girlfriend and I saw a pant in my room, how will I know who owns the pant so I can return it without compromising my self.
guy just set the pants on fire and throw them away or bury them far away and if any of the girl comes to ask for it. just tell her u didn't like the color and it was messed up by food ingredients after she left and you've gotten her a new colored one.

seriously,have three new pants ready to be returned
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Yorobastard(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:
I have one troubling question, let say I have 3 girlfriend and I saw a pant in my room, how will I know who owns the pant so I can return it without compromising my self.

grin throw the pant away lol or call them to ask if they left something in your room
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by brownhawk: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
monex:

the igbos made people hate them. their natural arrogance and hate is unacceptable
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by drTOO: 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

You did not push for sovereign national conference.you did not allow Governors, Senators and House of Rep members from the region to sign an agreement to protect Ibo's interest or be voted out by ur massive supporters.

This guy just spoke my mind.
Even if you want secession, there are codes of conduct, and hate speeches ain't one of them. GBAM !!
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Ofeakwu(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

You did not push for sovereign national conference.you did not allow Governors, Senators and House of Rep members from the region to sign an agreement to protect Ibo's interest or be voted out by ur massive supporters.

[img]
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

[/img]
AntiWailer:
That is the way to go...

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by reuben79: 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
i always said it dat igbos ve no sense......only wat dey ve is pride

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by OjukwuWarBird: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
awa:
Nnamdi Kanu is not the problem in Nigeria and it amuses me that we keep railing on and on at him and his group. Kanu is a manifestation of a problem. He is filling in a lacuna, one created by years of our collective denial and dishonesty. He is what those in the medical field will call, a symptom. A symptom is just an indicator to a problem, malfunction or dysfunction. The truth is, take Kanu away and someone else, maybe much more radical will replace him. Why? Because we have failed to address the reason he is even in our faces in the first place. A smart and thinking president/government will understand the above before acting like a starved Hyena.

Why is there an agitation for secession? Why do we have an increasing score of people cry out daily for a division? What is the root of the Biafran agitation? Is there marginalization? If yes, in what ways? How can it be solved? What are our options? Address these issues and the symptoms takes care of itself. Beautifully, symptoms help in the diagnosis of a problem. Kanu is a necessary symptom. I keep saying this. You can't cover a beautiful carpet on a termite fested floor. Why are the termites in your room in the first place? Why is water leaking through your roof? What are the root issues of what is manifesting?

On a very personal basis, I'm indifferent to a call for secession or a call for unity. Historically and all round, my indifference is justified. In whatever angle you look, I'm a minority and that places me at the mercy of others. Go figure! And while I can laugh in oil, that even places me at a worse position.

And truth be told, this is the most divisive government (at the federal level) I will ever experience in Nigeria. Add insensitive to it too. And this is me being very kind with words. Anyone who denies this one fact, I have no words.

If I was the IPOB leader, I will understand that nations are sovereign for a reason and I will also understand the territorial-jealousy that comes with that. What will I do if I want to secede? I will explore my options, first through the instrumentation of the law and where I absolutely have none, I will damn the consequences, equip my men and get ready to face the music that comes with insurrection and disruption of an already protected territory. Security, both internal and external is the first reason we even have governments. Cue in man's social contract. Anything can be done using the cover of security, legal or not. And yes, the law will back this.

Without sounding too simplistic and without sounding too academic, the agitations of IPOB can be realised without sacrificing lives or playing into the hands of a mad government. A well structured, articulate and thought-out agenda will fix this. I know this.

I want to reference the Constitution, and I also want to reference the Armed Forces Act for and against the Operation Python Dance, but the thing is, I am tired.

The constitution expressly provides rights and liberties to citizens and especially that of expression, but that right is not absolute or without exceptions. We should never forget this. The other truth is, there are many loopholes in law and one can take advantage of it.

While we shout and kick against Kanu, let us not ignore the reason he has sprouted, strongly and boldly. Time is running out. The solution or fix to these issues is not just political, like many of us are positing. We need a holistic approach to it. Nothing less.

God bless your wisdom

1) What fuels the call for Biafra.?

2) How can those things be addressed.?

unfortunately, Buhari is surrounded by idiots both online and offline
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Ofeakwu(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:
what of if it is a test by one of them
"what if" not "what of if"
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by patval(f): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
Successdude:
• Saraki calls for due process in declaring separatists terror group, Buratai back tracks
• Northern govs embark on peace mission to S’East, S’South
• Wike, Ikpeazu assure of Nigeria’s unity, Aba curfew relaxed

By Olawale Olaleye in Lagos, Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt, Damilola Oyedele, Paul Obi in Abuja, Mohammed Aminu in Sokoto, Emmanuel Ugwu in Umuahia and Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/19/buhari-takes-heat-off-nigerian-army-signs-proclamation-proscribing-ipob/
Chaii I always shake my head at the way BMC crew gives themselves false hope and erection on the issue of proscription of IPOB. Their pretence or shallow knowledge of freedom fighting never allow them realise that ANC which is ruling party in South Africa today was once declared a terrorist organization and their leader Mandela was declared wanted. The case was the same with Mugabe and his party and the nature of these two movements were armed struggle in the form of guerrilla warfare.
IPOB being a nonviolent but declared a terrorist organization further affirmed the stark illiteracy of buhari which the international communities does not want to align with by condemning the proscription.
In the history of struggle for self determination in Africa, once an agitating group is proscribed, it shows that their autonomy is in the offing.
sarki,omenka,madridguy,ngeneukwenu(Loretta onochie) and co, I recommend "African policy" by William tordoff to correct your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
This is a Welcome development
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by UduMgbo1: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
This is a Welcome development
[/s]
Ipob remains a peaceful organisation
kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Enice(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:
go to the market, buy 3 of that same pant and give them one each. The girl that owns the pant would ask you "why are you giving me my pant as a gift" you will say " you left it in my house and I feel that is the easiest way for me to ask you to pull off your clothes." The others will thank you and also you know.
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by thunderbabs: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Na Kanu gangan who should be proscribed.

He will sit in a duplex while the gullible ibo boiz gets arrested and flogged koboko naked on the street by the Army.. undecided

Those ffg kanu like mumus suffer for themselves not for biafra.....You dnt need violence in this century to press ur agitations.....
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by burkingx(f): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
shamack:
Nice move,,,,to the wrong group

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by monex(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
brownhawk:
the igbos made people hate them. their natural arrogance and hate is unacceptable

i agree they can be quite loud. Hatred however is not their prerogative. We all do. A lot of us have igbo friends in real life but use the safety of online anonymity to reveal our true hatred for other tribes.

It took time for me to challenge the Igbo stereotypes i was told while growing up.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by deebrain(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided undecided

IPOB news has actually made Nigerians forget this Govt has not achieved anything

cheesy cheesy

Epic.
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by edupedia: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
caesaraba:
wink Master class. This is beautiful. The next is to place the Kanu guy on the same wanted list as Shekau and place a bounty on his head.We must clamp down on ALL terrorists in this country.

....they are lucky it is not a military regime the Cow's papa and mama who are lead liars should be in an underground dungeon by now....brainless eediots!..
Re: Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB by Larben: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
holatin:

Throw away the pant and lay the matter to rest. if it is useful it will not be forgotten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 57th Birthday By Cutting His Cake At Midnight / Bandit Leader, Dogo Gide, Marries Off 11 Girls As Kebbi Fails To Pay Ransom / Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.