Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Facebook Can Lead To Divorce - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook Can Lead To Divorce (1777 Views)

Some Professions That Will Likely Lead You To Divorce. / Marriage Mistakes Women Make That Lead To Divorce. / Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by Rehana2: 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
He asked for power of attorney to look after our house in Spain, I gave him Spanish document for power of authority to deal with utilities instead, so he thought he could do as likes with Spain.  Then he told me leaving me and wants to remortgage London House and move out to get own place.  Said no went to lawyer refused to sign anything.  Meantime he found out not power of attorney in Spain.  Back in London caught out with the Facebook thing, all very sorry and sweet and lovely, explained  remortgage just for retirment investment.  I asked why not in joint names again then?  Gave in let him take his £100k our of London house and he's still going ahead with purchase.  As long standing wife guess I will have some rights to share of 'his' house should he predecease me.  Am going to register 'marital interests' with land registry here so he can't sell our current joint home in London.  But really not happy, he retracted the wants to leave me thing, and promises girlfriend off scene now.  Wants me to live with him in new house.  Chest pains and confusion with all this, after long years of marriage.  Always thought marriage was share everything, he earns more than I do so I guess he feels he has contributed more in the long term.  Stopped giving me housekeeping money when the kids were half way through school.  I have always worked but only earn half of what he gets each month.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by Rehana2: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Our house meaning I have always given him a third of my salary towards household matters. The remainder has gone to feed us all. He earns much more.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by ravenzord(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
Rehana2:

He asked for power of attorney to look after our house in Spain, I gave him Spanish document for power of authority to deal with utilities instead, so he thought he could do as likes with Spain. Then he told me leaving me and wants to remortgage London House and move out to get own place. Said no went to lawyer refused to sign anything. Meantime he found out not power of attorney in Spain. Back in London caught out with the Facebook thing, all very sorry and sweet and lovely, explained remortgage just for retirment investment. I asked why not in joint names again then? Gave in let him take his £100k our of London house and he's still going ahead with purchase. As long standing wife guess I will have some rights to share of 'his' house should he predecease me. Am going to register 'marital interests' with land registry here so he can't sell our current joint home in London. But really not happy, he retracted the wants to leave me thing, and promises girlfriend off scene now. Wants me to live with him in new house. Chest pains and confusion with all this, after long years of marriage. Always thought marriage was share everything, he earns more than I do so I guess he feels he has contributed more in the long term. Stopped giving me housekeeping money when the kids were half way through school. I have always worked but only earn half of what he gets each month.

So there are actually other issues, not just Facebook, thought as much. You and your husband need to go for counselling, you're obviously having marital problems.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by A40(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2010
@Rehana2
Are you sure you are 55? You sound more like a 15y.o teenie bopper wake up and smell the coffee baybee
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by fifi09(f): 2:54am On Mar 04, 2010
soki2ng:

hmm . two Words "Communication Break-down"
<< my Gf has my password, grin grin

I concur!

Rehana2:

He asked for power of attorney to look after our house in Spain, I gave him Spanish document for power of authority to deal with utilities instead, so he thought he could do as likes with Spain.  Then he told me leaving me and wants to remortgage London House and move out to get own place.  Said no went to lawyer refused to sign anything.  Meantime he found out not power of attorney in Spain.  Back in London caught out with the Facebook thing, all very sorry and sweet and lovely, explained  remortgage just for retirment investment.  I asked why not in joint names again then?  Gave in let him take his £100k our of London house and he's still going ahead with purchase.  As long standing wife guess I will have some rights to share of 'his' house should he predecease me.  Am going to register 'marital interests' with land registry here so he can't sell our current joint home in London.  But really not happy, he retracted the wants to leave me thing, and promises girlfriend off scene now.  Wants me to live with him in new house.  Chest pains and confusion with all this, after long years of marriage.  Always thought marriage was share everything, he earns more than I do so I guess he feels he has contributed more in the long term.  Stopped giving me housekeeping money when the kids were half way through school.  I have always worked but only earn half of what he gets each month. 
Wow… So sad.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by passionup: 11:19am On Mar 04, 2010
I think the man needs space and he does not know how to tell you. He is afraid of divorce and legal issues that comes with it. First, he wants to do away with you and continues with his attrocities. When a man is cheating and he still tells you he loves you, he has something up his sleeves. Moreover, why has he refused to accept u, he does not want u to view and know his friend list. So my dear woman sit up and don't close your eyes to those issues. At the end of the day you might be left in the cold. Beware.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by hatch: 11:27am On Mar 04, 2010
Regarding the question you asked : Can facebook lead to a divorce ?

My simple answer is maybe but lets face it,don't you think there are more issues in your life that needs ironing out rather than the facebook thingy. Considering your age (That is if it is true) I think you and your hubby should have crossed these kinds of bridges before.

Give it a rest about the facebook thing and try to sort out the gray areas of your lives. undecided
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by naijaswag1: 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
What do people even do on this FB self.Has it become a cult like thing?
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by smooooooth: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
which is more painful? the fact that your husband refuse to accept your friend request or the fact that you can getto see his gf's pics, and prolly send her silly mails. just let it go. you guyz are 55, i rily dnt know wats there to be jealous about. you shld feel sorry for his mistress that she has to deal with wats left of his shaft, after u have cruised it in the last 30years.
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by abrahym(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2010
Jwo o
Re: Facebook Can Lead To Divorce by MYLO(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
you just keep on trying one you gonna be surprise to see a friend request waiting for you on your page.
naija_swag:

What do people even do on this FB self.Has it become a cult like thing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Order Your Man Out Of Your Apartment In The Middle Of The Night? / The Secret Married Women Aren't Telling You Singles / How Much A Sacrifice Can You Make For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.