Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,380 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? (16784 Views)

Hello Guys: Don’t Marry Career Women / Some Professions That Will Likely Lead You To Divorce. / Lecturers V Pastors:who Is More Prone To Female Seduction & Harrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by temmythe(f): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2012
This can’t be true! Or can it? According to Forbes magazine journalist, Michael Noer it is. He says that career women who make over $30,000 a year are more prone to divorcing their husbands because they are financially independent. This makes some sense tongue. He also said that some of these career ladies might find someone at the office they like more than their husband’s. The last reason I found extremely silly. lipsrsealed

Point: Don't Marry Career Women
By Michael Noer
How do women, careers and marriage mix? Not well, say social scientists.

Guys: a word of advice. Marry pretty women or ugly ones. Short ones or tall ones. Blondes or brunettes. Just, whatever you do, don't marry a woman with a career.

Why? Because if many social scientists are to be believed, you run a higher risk of having a rocky marriage. While everyone knows that marriage can be stressful, recent studies have found professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat and less likely to have children. And if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it. A recent study in Social Forces, a research journal, found that women--even those with a "feminist" outlook--are happier when their husband is the primary breadwinner.

Not a happy conclusion, especially given that many men, particularly successful men, are attracted to women with similar goals and aspirations. And why not? After all, your typical career girl is well educated, ambitious, informed and engaged. All seemingly good things, right? Sure … at least until you get married. Then, to put it bluntly, the more successful she is, the more likely she is to grow dissatisfied with you. Sound familiar?

Many factors contribute to a stable marriage, including the marital status of your spouse's parents (folks with divorced parents are significantly more likely to get divorced themselves), age at first marriage, race, religious beliefs and socio-economic status. And, of course, many working women are indeed happily and fruitfully married--it's just that they are less likely to be so than nonworking women. And that, statistically speaking, is the rub.

To be clear, we're not talking about a high school dropout minding a cash register. For our purposes, a "career girl" has a university-level (or higher) education, works more than 35 hours a week outside the home and makes more than $30,000 a year.
http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/23/Marriage-Careers-Divorce_cx_mn_land.html

what do you think, House?
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
temmythe: This can’t be true! Or can it? According to Forbes magazine journalist, Michael Noer it is. He says that career women who make over $30,000 a year are more prone to divorcing their husbands because they are financially independent. This makes some sense tongue. He also said that some of these career ladies might find someone at the office they like more than their husband’s. The last reason I found extremely silly. lipsrsealed

in more ways than one
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
temmythe: This can’t be true! Or can it? According to Forbes magazine journalist, Michael Noer it is. He says that career women who make over $30,000 a year are more prone to divorcing their husbands because they are financially independent. This makes some sense tongue. He also said that some of these career ladies might find someone at the office they like more than their husband’s. The last reason I found extremely silly. lipsrsealed

When a woman is promiscuous what do you expect of her?

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by AtheistD(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
So finance plays a major role in women divorcing men.... hmmmm!!!

Why bother getting married in the first place. The women marry for the comforts and benefits only to divorce the men when they have gained all they can. Men are getting shortchanged in marriage.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by MrsChima(f): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
Let borrow this logic for a minute....

Do you think a poor woman who has nothing to show nor give will divorce her husband or the hand that is feeding her I am not saying poor women WILL NOT DIVORCE their husband but it can happens if the marriage is bad enough but unlikely.

The woman has the mean to leave her husband if he is cheating on her, threatening her life, or alienated her. I don't see any reasons why she would stay if she can support herself even without alimony/child support.

Once poor women who are in bleeped up marriages find a mean to an end...they would too divorce their husbands. It is about having that dough and courage to do so.

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by AtheistD(m): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Let borrow this logic for a minute....

Do you think a poor woman who has nothing to show nor give will divorce her husband or the hand that is feeding her I am not saying poor women WILL NOT DIVORCE their husband but it can happens if the marriage is bad enough but unlikely.

The woman has the mean to leave her husband if he is cheating on her, threatening her life, or alienated her. I don't see any reasons why she would stay if she can support herself even without alimony/child support.

Once poor women who are in bleeped up marriages find a mean to an end...they would too divorce their husbands. It is about having that dough and courage to do so.

A common statement amongst women. "Only divorce when you are financially comfortable" hmmmm.... undecided
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by MrsChima(f): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Atheist:-D:

A common statement amongst women. "Only divorce when you are financially comfortable" hmmmm.... undecided

That's not what I said. Don't make up shit. I am financially sound and I AM STILL WITH MY HUSBAND.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by AtheistD(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

That's not what I said. Don't make up shit. I am financially sound and I AM STILL WITH MY HUSBAND.

Of course you are my dear wink

However, if you did want to leave him, you would not do it until you are financially stable/comfortable.

What a load of nonsense. How is Mr Chima meant to sleep at night shocked

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by MrsChima(f): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Of course you are my dear wink

However, if you did want to leave him, you would not do it until you are financially stable/comfortable.

What a load of nonsense. How is Mr Chima meant to sleep at night shocked

I AM FINANCIALLY STABLE AND STILL WITH MY HUSBAND. If I want to leave...I would have left YEARS AGO.

Are you on your period

7 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
No wahalla if you have a way out. Moni make iron float grin Imagine a man beating his wife who is a doctor (which does happen). Eventually she will say I do not have to tolerate this and her money will establish her in a safe environment. The poor housewife who has no resources must stay or face hunger. Look at every country where women gained more education and financial equality. As their rights increased, so did divorce. Husbands can no longer mistreat their wives and expect them to tolerate it. It is a new day, and marital respect must be mutual.

9 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by onlineadejoh(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nope
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
It's true...Career women tend to be less submissive

3 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by LongOne1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
@ Topic, it’s possible, still doesn’t mean I’ll marry a village champion though.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Alaafialoro(m): 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva: It's true...Career women tend to be less submissive
SECONDED
NB: ‘tend to be‘ not ‘are‘
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Long One: @ Topic, it’s possible, still doesn’t mean I’ll marry a village champion though.
The opposite of career women is not village women.

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by mrperfect(m): 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
There are chances of this.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Les: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
no tanks to I and Mrs chima! cool cool cool
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Orikinla(m): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Not common in Nigeria.
Most of the career women in Nigeria are actually the most faithful wives since they are too busy to even have time to mess around. Married career women in financial institutions and IT and oil companies in Nigeria have been good wives and mothers as well. There are some exceptions, but they still made up with their husbands.
Divorce is not common in Nigeria, because of the women are always at the receiving end of the Nigerian society and they are often stigmatized and ostracized.

6 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Kslib(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
True!!!
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
I'm disapointd at the responses so far.The post didnt say rich or poor women or financial security.It says career women.Career women are have one focus,drive and goal and that is not their family.It is their career.They hardly get married on time cos they believe marriage is gona affect their career and also the pride in them and an unquenchable desire to be independent make them marry late. They also achieve more status,money and grow up faster in corporate ladder. When married,they become irritable,unhappy and difficult to control by husbands who keep nagging at the hours spent nursing her career.She employs a house maid who end up making up for the emotional vacuum her continous stay outside attending to her career life create at home.The husband is left to satisfy his sexual,emotional, psychological needs outside.Many men who gets advised by friends start keeping extra mariagtal affairs and who says the madam career is not already tripping for the guyz at office whom she spent all her time with. Then just a matter of time an inevitable divorce.Since d woman is ok financially,bossy,busy,uncaring,proud she wil want a quick exit and freedom to face her career

9 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Orikinla: Not common in Nigeria.
Most of the career women in Nigeria are actually the most faithful wives since they are too busy to even have time to mess around. Married career women in financial institutions and IT and oil companies in Nigeria have been good wives and mothers as well. There are some exceptions, but they still made up with their husbands.
Divorce is not common in Nigeria, because of the women are always at the receiving end of the Nigerian society and they are often stigmatized and ostracized.

Fa Fa Fa Fowl...

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by alaoeri: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
With the little i have seen the write up is true to some extent meet these carrier women in Ikeja, take a trip to lekki & V.I enough rich single mothers over pompous, the way they even look down at men just because the world is at their feet ( association of wetin husband go do ), wetin man get wey i no get. The thing is also affecting some in the nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by gabriel212: 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
I had heard of it that Children from divorce home are prone to divorce in thier marriage.
N imagine someone( from a divorce home predicted) told me he is interest in contract marriage for only 2 children.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Les: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
maryjames9: I'm disapointd at the responses so far.The post didnt say rich or poor women or financial security.It says career women.Career women are have one focus,drive and goal and that is not their family.It is their career.They hardly get married on time cos they believe marriage is gona affect their career and also the pride in them and an unquenchable desire to be independent make them marry late. They also achieve more status,money and grow up faster in corporate ladder. When married,they become irritable,unhappy and difficult to control by husbands who keep nagging at the hours spent nursing her career.She employs a house maid who end up making up for the emotional vacuum her continous stay outside attending to her career life create at home.The husband is left to satisfy his sexual,emotional, psychological needs outside.Many men who gets advised by friends start keeping extra mariagtal affairs and who says the madam career is not already tripping for the guyz at office whom she spent all her time with. Then just a matter of time an inevitable divorce.Since d woman is ok financially,bossy,busy,uncaring,proud she wil want a quick exit and freedom to face her career
you are kinda correct sha..........................but keep ur disappointment to yourself!
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Mynd44: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Very wrong. Submission in women is a personal thing. It has noting to do with the financial status

2 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by safarigirl(f): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
True. Watched this doccie one time that attributed the cause of higher divorce rate in America to financially stable women. Career women tend to put their all in their careers rather than family. A financially stable woman has no need for a man because the core purpose men have in women's lives- to provide, has been tackled.

4 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by ektbear: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
Not a surprising conclusion. Makes sense that it was backed up by data.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by joanana(f): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
That's a lie from the pit of Hell!!! So because i have a career, my marriage will end cos of it? Its your choice, u either choose to keep ur home or leave it? Its your decision.

2 Likes

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
People need to stop confusing career women with feminists... undecided

A woman can have a great career and still be a good wife... However, a feminist with a good career would want to challenge the status quo, and the norm about 'male superiority' in the family - hence why most families fall apart...
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
Les: you are kinda correct sha..........................but keep ur disappointment to yourself!
Lol. Just summarised popular Nolywood and possibly Real life events. Aint a victim. Sorry.
Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mynd_44:
Very wrong. Submission in women is a personal thing. It has noting to do with the financial status
I never said it's not a personal thing but you have to understand that status can influence one's behavior. You can't compare an overly submissive housewife to a career woman.

1 Like

Re: Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
One of the reason for this is because most Men are just too demanding, because they have this stone-age mentality about marriage.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Male And Female Romancelanders (must See) / Have Any Ladies Initiated Sex And Gotten Rejected? / Black Is Really Beautiful.my Younger Sis Just Proved It Wit Dis Pic 18+.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.