Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling (27550 Views)

Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling / Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) / Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Iamthoney(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Taking a road trip in a commercial bus in Nigeria is usually skewed towards tedious or hilarious. It's surely an avenue to meet different types of people and today, we'll be taking a look at 9 types of people you will probably meet in a bus while traveling.

Let's go and don't forget to tell us the category you belong..

1. The Preacher

"Let someone shout Hallelujah" .. that's usually their first statement. The trip is usually long enough for a short service. So before you get to your destination, you guys would have done praise & worship, sermon, announcements etc.. some even add the offering session for you to support their ministry.

2. The Marketer

This set of people convert a cramped bus cabin into a moving Tejuosho market. They sell anything they lay their hands on from edibles and drugs to wears and gadgets. Their sugar-coated mouth can make you embark on impulsive buying leaving you stranded after spending your transport fare.

3. Mr Nigeria

This politician knows the past, present and future of Nigeria.. It's always easy for them to get a chat partner discussing various topics ranging from the birth of Nigeria to the corruption in the land.

4. Co-Pilot

They have one common attribute... they like to sit in the front seat while doubling as the driver's personal assistant and google map. They know how to tell the driver to overtake and maneuver but the interesting thing is some of them cannot even drive.

5. The Gentle One

You would only hear them speak twice throughout the trip. Their first word is "change" and the second one is "owa oo". Owa oo is used to tell the driver you've gotten to your bus-stop in Lagos.. what is it called in your state?

6. The Super Sleeper

These ones can sleep for Africa. Before the driver puts the bus in gear 1, they are already in gear 5. Some of them would have gotten to Ibadan before realizing they were meant to alight at Sagamu. Then you'll see them begging for transport fare to make it back to their actual destination.

7. The Warrior

Don't try the Floyd Mayweather in the bus. He/She is always ready to fight anybody on the slightest opportunity.

8. The Pilferer

Don't gawk yourself.. because if you do, you might end up looking for your money, phone and/or any other valuables you've got. Imagine a pilferer sitting next to a super sleeper. Lol.

9. The Smooth Smoocher

While the preacher is preaching and the pilferer is pilfering, the smoocher will be busy smooching silently. They always like the potholes and bumpy rides which helps them to tap some more current. This is one easy way to earn yourself a dirty slap in the bus. I remember an elderly man smooching a lady inside Edo Line on a Port Harcourt to Lagos trip way back.. She only gave the gist after the man alighted. Despite pricking the man's hand with her toothpick endlessly, he never gave up throughout the journey.

Do you have anything to add? or do you want to share your experience with us? Comment below

Finally, don't forget to tell us which categories you belong.

https://autojosh.com/6-types-of-people-you-will-meet-in-a-bus/

I can relate to all the aforementioned cos on countless occasions I have witnessed it all

NB: I ain't belong in any of the categories listed
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Prognose: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Macdawid:

shocked

Lol, i love clowns cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by armadeo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
femi4:
cry

All that's missing is a comma,
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by ariyebaba(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
AutojoshNG, your list is incomplete without STAFF ?
cheesy

the uniform men both serving and retired
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by mummyfrank(f): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
Those that fart they can mess for africa omg they will eat expire beans nd enter bus befor u know what is happening d whole bus will be smelling like rotten egg
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by chiochio1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
most of them are the deadly members of the one chance gang
KakiP:
why?

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by makydebbie(f): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Prognose:
Pls sir are you based in warri? Will you have a little time to spare for me?
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by dct07(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Taking a road trip in a commercial bus in Nigeria is usually skewed towards tedious or hilarious. It's surely an avenue to meet different types of people and today, we'll be taking a look at 9 types of people you will probably meet in a bus while traveling.

Let's go and don't forget to tell us the category you belong..

1. The Preacher

"Let someone shout Hallelujah" .. that's usually their first statement. The trip is usually long enough for a short service. So before you get to your destination, you guys would have done praise & worship, sermon, announcements etc.. some even add the offering session for you to support their ministry.

2. The Marketer

This set of people convert a cramped bus cabin into a moving Tejuosho market. They sell anything they lay their hands on from edibles and drugs to wears and gadgets. Their sugar-coated mouth can make you embark on impulsive buying leaving you stranded after spending your transport fare.

3. Mr Nigeria

This politician knows the past, present and future of Nigeria.. It's always easy for them to get a chat partner discussing various topics ranging from the birth of Nigeria to the corruption in the land.

4. Co-Pilot

They have one common attribute... they like to sit in the front seat while doubling as the driver's personal assistant and google map. They know how to tell the driver to overtake and maneuver but the interesting thing is some of them cannot even drive.

5. The Gentle One

You would only hear them speak twice throughout the trip. Their first word is "change" and the second one is "owa oo". Owa oo is used to tell the driver you've gotten to your bus-stop in Lagos.. what is it called in your state?

6. The Super Sleeper

These ones can sleep for Africa. Before the driver puts the bus in gear 1, they are already in gear 5. Some of them would have gotten to Ibadan before realizing they were meant to alight at Sagamu. Then you'll see them begging for transport fare to make it back to their actual destination.

7. The Warrior

Don't try the Floyd Mayweather in the bus. He/She is always ready to fight anybody on the slightest opportunity.

8. The Pilferer

Don't gawk yourself.. because if you do, you might end up looking for your money, phone and/or any other valuables you've got. Imagine a pilferer sitting next to a super sleeper. Lol.

9. The Smooth Smoocher

While the preacher is preaching and the pilferer is pilfering, the smoocher will be busy smooching silently. They always like the potholes and bumpy rides which helps them to tap some more current. This is one easy way to earn yourself a dirty slap in the bus. I remember an elderly man smooching a lady inside Edo Line on a Port Harcourt to Lagos trip way back.. She only gave the gist after the man alighted. Despite pricking the man's hand with her toothpick endlessly, he never gave up throughout the journey.

Do you have anything to add? or do you want to share your experience with us? Comment below

Finally, don't forget to tell us which categories you belong.

https://autojosh.com/6-types-of-people-you-will-meet-in-a-bus/

grin
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Prognose: 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
makydebbie:
Pls sir are you based in warri? Will you have a little time to spare for me?

Chei... I wouldn't have minded oh, but I'm currently at onitsha. Might hit warri next week though. What's up?
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by makydebbie(f): 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Prognose:

Chei... I wouldn't have minded oh, but I'm currently at onitsha. Might hit warri next week though. What's up?
Okay can I send a pm?
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Prognose: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay can I send a pm?
Go ahead.
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Crixina(f): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
kennygee:
I don't talk when I'm on a bus, I can't shout biko.
two things that will make me postpone a trip on a commercial bus

1. No headphone
2. Low battery

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Charles4075(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
deebrain:
Pray whenever The Gentle one is in your bus.

Thank me later.
I'm telling you my brother. They can steal, kill and destroy anything.

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Charles4075(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

That was How I was doing Co-Pilot the other day and threw away my remaining change out of the window thinking it’s the biscuit wrapper. cry

Lolzzzzzz, NTOOR

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Charles4075(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
edeboy:
hv experience all apart from the smoocher ; D
If you want to see them my brother, try night journey especially long distance. Sometimes, the lady initiates the program and the guy will give the closing sermon.

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by engrMikemd(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
ladyF:
The caller. They would spend the whole journey on the phone screaming at the top of their voices. angry

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
longest time
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Prognose: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay can I send a pm?

Replied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by femi4: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
armadeo:

All that's missing is a comma,
Olodo
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by EmperorZikky(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ninethmare:
I can't really understand cause i have never been in a public car
Ninethmare:
Ninethmare:
lies that blind,lienux
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Rozaytee: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
D ones i hate most are d marketer...marketing all kind of stupid herbs and drugs....dat can cure all d diseases in d world
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by hAlexandro(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
SirLakes:
angry angry

Lol, badt guys grin cheesy grin
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Queenserah26(f): 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
The gentle one wink
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Brunei1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
D ones I hate most are the inspectors..... They'll want to know what you've pressed, what you're pressing and what you're yet to press on your phone undecided .... Once you notice then, your hand go con heavy grin

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by reachycul(m): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
rosalieene:
Ayam number 5, The Gentle One cheesy
fine gal
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by armadeo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
femi4:
Olodo

I remember one, years ago......

The complete sentence would be I remember one day, many years ago.

It means she remembers an episode which happened years ago.

Ode..

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by munezo(m): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2017
You are on point OP, good job
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by jargo89(m): 12:15am On Sep 20, 2017
Narldon:

That was How I was doing Co-Pilot the other day and threw away my remaining change out of the window thinking it’s the biscuit wrapper. cry

Lol...That was crazy funny. I hope twast true tho....Lmffao
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by YomzzyDBlogger: 4:50am On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by lordpriso(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2017
seriousl...Hahaha u got them all.bt u dint mention the urinary tank...Who asks d driver to stop every 10 minutes 4 them to urinate
Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Rtopzy(f): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2017
Zeze06:
cry Practicing number 1 in Kaduna is a one way ticket to hell...
Which part of Kaduna do u base?

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling by Zeze06(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2017
Are you checking on me? If I tell you...

Rtopzy:

Which part of Kaduna do u base?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.