Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again (6460 Views)

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? / UBA Bank Downsizes / Zenith Bank Downsizes - 600+ Employees Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by abbeynism(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
I believe Intercontinental bank Personnel managers should be sacked for what many are complaining about - poor services, inability of the cashiers and other staffs.

it seems they are bias in recruiting staffs.

, but expect more corruption from banks soon.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by kemisuga(f): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by hackney(m): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
The Nigerian banking system in general is a heap of dirt anyway.

They do not do any real investments but depend on large deposits from oil companies
and individuals.

They simply engage in 'legal' pyramid schemes where they pay withdrawals with new deposits and
hope it continues forever.

they text customers and charge them for it, they also charge you for withdrawing your own money.

Nigeria just gets things wrong all the time especially if it requires a bit of grey matter.
shame.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by CHAIRMAN1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2010
I once worked for them,
Thank God i left on 'time'.
That place is a real mad house, unrealistic targets for both the staff and the bank
Let Stanbic take over abeg.
Intercontinental Sucks
GTB Rocks
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by sirp2007: 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
Nothing last 4ever.bad times for those sack but good times are coming again.For those sacked workers rejoice & re-focus,ur life is more than the bank.The ill wind sweeping accross the country will stop someday & employment will come in torrent again.
JUST CURIOUS WAS THIS NOT THE SAME BANK THAT TOOK AERIAL PHOTO OF JB SEEKERS SOME 2 ,3 YRS BACK
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by Finecat(m): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2010
There will not be a bank with the name "INTERCONTINENTAL BANK" again by the end of the year. They will be swallowed by a foreign bank.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by busoye19: 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2010
The 1182 victims have already been sacked. Check today (2nd March) dailies for details.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2010
yes o
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
Here we go again! Labour market don dey over laboured o.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by antonafro: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2010
Why do people in Nigeria always use the word "SACKED" when people are laid off?

Employees are SACKED in cases of gross misconduct or other negative acts while at work.

They are made REDUNDANT when an employer cant afford their services any more, which is obviously the case here. Any school kid in the UK, USA, etc knows this.

'Being sacked' is a very disparaging statement - while I'm not a spokesperson or customer of this bank, I dont relish in the misfortunes of others. None of us should.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by cvibe: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2010
Too bad!
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by manony: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2010
Why are other banks like GTB, diamondbank not sacking workers? It only shows the problem is not with sanusi, the problems is with past management of the bank, management who took the lives of their staffs and the money of the depositors for granted
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by uchenageme(m): 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2010
manony:

Why are other banks like GTB, diamondbank not sacking workers? It only shows the problem is not with sanusi, the problems is with past management of the bank, management who took the lives of their staffs and the money of the depositors for granted

Guys pls reason well, they say he who pays the piper dictates the tune
Sanusi appointed new management staff for the "rescued" banks
So does it not imply that these banks are being micro managed by the same man who is now giving the directives to those banks not to give any further loans to customers and to sack most of their staff
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by latepa(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2010
they're free to sack everyone in Intercontinental Back that's their own bizz, i just feel sorry for the workers that's all
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by chelseabmw(m): 12:54am On Mar 03, 2010
banks don kill many people this year alone
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by suxes2005(m): 7:51am On Mar 03, 2010
Men, dis is bad enuf.

Wat is d main prob of dis bank self?
Some1 tell me somefin

SHALOM
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by unclenna(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2010
any of the affected staff in inter that leaves in p-town shd contact me. i can show him where he can invest and make returns for his family. for p-town staff only. 08065946231. or xtracash2010@yahoo.com. i feel for them.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by beeman80: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2010
This is so bizarre. What on earth is NLC doing? Why should innocent people be made to suffer for some incompetent good for nothing bosses mistakes? If you ask me, the down sizing should be done within the circle of the bosses only, so that they are more careful with people's hard earned money starched up in their volts.This is grossly unfair.My heart really goes out to the 1200. sad
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by usbcable(m): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2010
when I and others were given our letters last year december 18,
i wished deep down in ma heart that this mess should end there,alas was i wrong again.

I just hope thats the end to the horror movie,mainly because of my loved one still in the bank.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by akintun: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2010
i heard it was drivers and security officers they sacked.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by seunspice(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2010
I hope my friends there are safe.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by jaxxy(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2010
what is d dfference btw soludo and sanusi? one creates employment the other creates unemployment, yet wat has he really achieved by all this? the banks are stil not stronger rather dey have bcom weak. to me soludo is far way a better and intelligent person cos he wud have corrected any anormalies in the banking sector with out causing all this crisis sanusi is causing and watching as he reforms ruins lives of thousands of people and he doesnt know how stop or check the mass laying off. this man is clearly not smart.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by MAYOWAAK: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
antonafro:

Why do people in Nigeria always use the word "SACKED" when people are laid off?

Employees are SACKED in cases of gross misconduct or other negative acts while at work.

They are made REDUNDANT when an employer cant afford their services any more, which is obviously the case here. Any school kid in the UK, USA, etc knows this.

'Being sacked' is a very disparaging statement - while I'm not a spokesperson or customer of this bank, I dont relish in the misfortunes of others. None of us should.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIX AND HALF A DOZEN?THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT PEOPLE HAVE BECOME JOBLESS.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by timely: 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
this is very sad.
i hope others will be prepared just incase.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by comcentury(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
The other day Bank PHB sacked over 1,500 staff ,no Intercontinental has sacked another set,what is going on,are we going forward or backward.I think we should all be aware that this is causing serious negative effect on these banks,I sincerely pray for all those affected that God will give them a better job.Amen
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by dammizz(m): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIX AND HALF A DOZEN?THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT PEOPLE HAVE BECOME JOBLESS.

Lwkmd!!! Leave vocabulary joo
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by kukute: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
This is very sad and quite unfortunate. You can imagine how many families and dependants would have been affected by another round of sacks. Incidentally the banks are not the only ones involved but theirs seems more pronounced because they are currently in the eye of the storm. I guess its a warning to those in the employee class to start thinking of what to fall back on or to explore the option of entrepreneurship. For those who are creativity inclined you can checkout Fashion Art and Creatives Academy. Below is info you might find useful

FASHION ART AND CREATIVES ACADEMY
Fashion Art and Creatives Academy is the vocational skills transfer arm of House of Henri which has trained over 1500 people. House of Henri is an integrated multi-division company focused on the creative industry. The fashion division of House of Henri won the Nigeria Best Fashion Designer for 2005/2006 of the Nigeria Fashion Show.

We currently offer training courses in Fashion Design, Bridals, Soft Furnishings and Interior Décor, Millinery, Jewelry Craft, Makeover Artistry, Photography, Events Decor and Modeling.

Our goal is to add value to people who want to start or grow a career in the Fashion, Art and Creative industries by imparting to them invaluable technical skills. The programmes prepare our students for careers in the local and global Fashion, Art, and Creative industries. With these skills they can start or grow a business as a means of livelihood or as an additional stream of income. In the event that they decide to further their education within or outside the country the skills learned can be used as entry level requirements to higher institutions and they would have been given a strategic leverage and head start that will make them excel. We also believe that beyond the typical white collar jobs, every man or woman should have a skill or learn a trade that they can fall back on at any point in time.

Our courses take a highly practical approach, focusing on extensive hands on exercises by our students. Our method breaks down sometimes difficult concepts into easy to learn steps bringing the student up to speed. We have been able to prove again and again through the success of our students that the knowledge and skill that takes up to four years to learn through the mentor-apprentice method that typically obtains in the industry, takes less than a year to acquire at Fashion and Art Academy . We also have best selling books on some of our courses published under the "Easy Learn" series that take our students step-by-step through the learning process.
For us to know your exact training needs and how you can be part of the Fashion Art and Creatives Academy kindly call us on 08023290830 or 01-8783390.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by antonafro: 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

There's a BIG difference mate - as an employer myself, I'd like to know why someone was SACKED before I'd take them on after an interview - being made redundant on the other hand is understandable.

MAYOWAAK why not put SACKED on your cv and see how far you'll get in landing a new job? That way we'll all know if there's a difference.
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by Bawses(m): 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
what a sad situation, i wonder what will happen to those laid off staffs.
As for me i don't need all these because i make serious money working from my house online.
If you are interested to be like me, go to www.libertyreserve.com and open up an account for free, after which you click on the link i use as my signature.
Am giving out this information for FREE!!!
Re: Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again by matrixme(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ hackney so, do you mean there's no surcharging for ATM withdrawals, transalert and unexplicable subtraction from balances (or you-are-the-one-banking-with-us, so we-can-do-what-we-like-with-your-money) in other parts of the world? What more can b said, if after celebrating 20 years of happiness, now time to throw sadness into people's lives? What a mess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mechanical Eng,chemical Eng Or Elect Elect??? / Why You Should Set Career Goals / Who Knows AC NIELSEN COMPANY? They Owe Us 5 Month Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.