Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57066 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Linux007(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
Damilaresimon25:
You don't mind loosing him and your well planned marriage, all you want is your MONEY.. Like seriously

dats weird to me though....

He refused to pick your calls because he knows u are always gonna request for your money whenever u call, not sitting him down to ask what d problem is.

This is the realest answer, i remember some time ago, i was owing a friend some amout of money, i dread answering his calls not that am playing planks or not wanting to pay up, i simply dont know how to tell him i dont have his money yet. I just simply send a text and ask him to b a little patient. I think same thing applies here.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:
Dear immee,

I go marry isn't the same as I don marry. You ladies will never learn. You're lucky you gave him just half of the money, I'm sure you gave him the money based on fiancé things.

As a woman, next time use your head and not your heart. Unluckily for you,you aren't my sister.I for help you collect the money.

My advice,report him to the nearest police station. I hope you've tangible evidence to prove you have him such amount.
If she did a bank transfer then her account statement for the month would be evident in her bank or transfer alert.

Nice comment, BTW.

Cc: Immee. That's if he denies. grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
rosalieene:

exactly my sister.

nothing a LAdy does is good in the eyes of this guys.

Everything a guy does, good or bad is always good.

most of them, it reflects in their character offline.
they don't waste time to criticize a LAdy

this are the kind of guys every lady should flee from.
They are the kind every lady should use hot abuse to finish

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

I am really suprised you got such amount of likes for this judgy and callous statement. Even with the education and everything most tend to skip/ignore the civilized atitude/morals of the western world. A smart and wise person doesn't jump into conclusion. My advice to op: Dont ever borrow ANYONE money you cant afford to give out for free or lose. Money causes RIFT even between married couples.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

How can one establish communication without picking calls?Look, there's no need making this lady feel she is all guilty of some sort...

According to her,he doesn't call or communicate like he use to?what changed?Money?Common guys, if he doesn't have the money yet,why can't he communicate that to her in a more appropriate and matured way like how lovers should?

I fvckin love you. Finally! Someone with sense. kiss

Op, you must get your money back oooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
His company will NOT become hers after marriage. His company is his company unless she becomes a shareholder.

Ninethmare:
You said he is your fiance and you guys are planning for marriage
you borrowed him some money to help in revitalising his company.
Now the question is have you asked him how business is moving? he maybe having some problems...
You are all after ur money not knowing that after ur marriage with him the company is also urs
Now see what you are going to do...
Stop talking about ur money for now and try to know how the business is going.
Build the love again
Focus on your marriage
After marriage then you can skin him alive if you want.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by cymontempler: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
@Immee. Give me the guys contact... Let me have a chat with him. After which I may assist him to refund you the money.

Only on one condition, that you stay away from him and never to go into any relationship with him. Because you have stated here that you are ready to sacrifice the relationship for your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:
His company will NOT become hers after marriage. His company is his company unless she becomes a shareholder.

Smart... smiley wink wink
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

You don't know me. Can we meet up in Lagos? Within one month, i will give you your financial worth..Life, if i no do am, i go deactivate this account

I just tire for you oooo.... Calm down bro undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by obytex(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
U will make heaven
TheRealestGuy:

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Perhaps he felt into more financial troubles?

Perhaps it's the typical syndrome, people can collect but releasing is hard for them....perhaps he has made the money back but doesn't want to refund it....but something is wrong, he seem to have forgotten, he has 500k more to collect...
His whole attitude stinks of rotten fish. She needs to follow him with iron hand. Forget all those saying she should give him time because they'd do worse if they were in her shoes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:

I just tire for you oooo.... Calm down bro undecided

brotherly wetin i do now again?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by missjane: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
OP you lost me as soon as u said he is your boyfriend and intended spouse.. u didn't even lend him the money. You 'INVESTED' into your fiances business and because he had a small setback (which maybe the witches from ur village following your money) may have attributed to causing, the only thing u are after is ur 500k. In business n investments if u were expecting to share the lumps of profits by weekly dividends you must also accept the losses that come wit it too..you never ever force someone u invested in their business to return ur lump sum that way it's not done..your boyfriend may have turned a cold shoulder because u went back on ur initial agreement of putting one million, u said u would have put all if u had token..then someth happened. U held ur money back..nne honestly u r wicked. Truth be told. The man may have realized that ur type is only for better not for worse hence d loss of interest..
You also said u don't mind loosing ur relationship for 500k. Don't worry u will loose it and maybe wen u reach 60 years as a spinster u will realize that even $1m can't purchase a good man in d market..
Well done..your life, your choice..

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sanchez01: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Exactly. What changed? Why is he no longer picking her calls?
Pride, love. His pride must have been bashed. It is possible that she might have harassed him to the point that all of their discussions centred around the money in question. He must have grown tired of explaining time and time again, promising to pay when he can. She might not be interested in those and wants her money back and wouldn't mind going to his place on the day she is off just so she could get her money since the interest isn't forthcoming.

She clearly doesn't mind if the relationship comes to end all because of the money. What changed? I believe without a doubt that her greed and insensitivity opened the dude's eyes. Money is always temporary.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by NowisGod109(f): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
missyadorable:

I wonder oooo

The babe no wise..She exposed her financial position to the guy.what she doesn't know is that being a financially independent and comfortable lady in Nigeria is a major disadvantage.

Naija men can rant all they can on social media about hating dependent ladies and preferring independent ladies but in reality,its the opposite.
They actually prefer ladies who present themselves as broke,needy thus massaging their male ego as they provide.
once you come acting all so made and independent,they will see you as a meal ticket,chop you,run you down and use your money to enjoy with another girl who shows them that "needy,brokeness"....

As a lady,no matter how rich you are,pretend you are not.
Hide it,to avoid falling victim to scammers like this op's so called fiance.
If you have 2M in your account,give your man the impression that you have only 200k

Good one!

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ConcernedNL: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Be patient a little naa. Money doesn't just roll in after a major breakdown. Give him max a month so then you know he has totally failed in his promise. But till then you are only acting frantic

Patience.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Freeman59: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Foolish comment. Did you read where she said he wasn't picking up his phone anymore?

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

How can one establish communication without picking calls?Look, there's no need making this lady feel she is all guilty of some sort...

According to her,he doesn't call or communicate like he use to?what changed?Money?Common guys, if he doesn't have the money yet,why can't he communicate that to her in a more appropriate and matured way like how lovers should?

You clearly don't understand my comment.

1) I don't give a rat's ass about whether the guy hasn't explained it not. Wanting to end a relationship because of phone calls us stupid and not proper

2) don't jump to an issue that is irrelevant . When the guy is here we will address him. Ideally he should communicate the reasons why he can't pay but he is not here so I can't tell him that

3 as he is not here, she should make the right decision and not threaten to end a relationship because of a flimsy and highly horrible excuse
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by rosalieene(f): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:
They are the kind every lady should use hot abuse to finish
abi o
They are plenty on nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by olayinkai: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
HAAAAAAA

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by joepentwo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Probably the guy is reading d shit.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
I think both of you have to be blamed

From your comment, it's very obvious that you're somewhat selfish. Reason being that you actually invested in the business because of the interest you will get in return. But now, you're saying you want your money back without even the interest. Meaning that, you literally gave him the money for your own selfish interest too.

As for the guy, he messed up not because he wasn't able to fulfill his promises but because he has been dodging you. As a debtor, dodging someone you're owning money is a criminal offence. At least, he should give her reasons as to why uncertainties prevented him from paying back the money in installments.

From all indications, this relationship is already dead. Even if the guy pays you your money, he will surely move on with his life

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

His whole attitude stinks. She needs to follow him with iron hand. Forget all those saying she should give him time because they'd do worse if they were in her shoes.

I agree, his attitude stinks. Wanna know any human being, try them with money. Anyone faithful with money, you can entrust your life into such a person's hands. People will not mind to lose their soul for money. The guy is a terrible person to marry obviously, and God has spared her life from marrying such a tramp, until the guy fixes this attitude, he's a scum

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
rosalieene:

exactly my sister.

nothing a LAdy does is good in the eyes of this guys.

Everything a guy does, good or bad is always good.

most of them, it reflects in their character offline.
they don't waste time to criticize a LAdy

this are the kind of guys every lady should flee from.

The way they all of a sudden get blind when the fault is clearly from their side is nauseating. Bunch of irresponsible dickheads. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Not your fault, data is cheap, that's why you're...I'll spare you..

Never ever quote me till you die...

Assholé undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think both of you have one be blamed

From your comment, it's very obvious that you're somewhat selfish. Reason being that you actually invested in the business because of the interest you will get in return. But now, you're saying you want your money back without even the interest. Meaning that, you literally gave him the money for your own selfish interest too.

As for the guy, he messed up not because he wasn't able to fulfill his promises but because he has been dodging you. As a debtor, dodging someone you're owning money is a criminal offence. At least, he should give her reasons as to why uncertainties prevented him from paying back the money in installments

She didn't invest for interest Sir, but for love for her man...

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ninethmare: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:

Baby if i marry you
My house is ur house
My children are ur children
My money is ur money
and my business is ur business...

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Exactly. What changed? Why is he no longer picking her calls?

grin grin grin
The lady is not well calculative.I hope she takes the matter to the police as soon as she realize he is no longer communicating. I do owe ,but then when I see their calls ,I pick.Some will scream down their lungs,threaten to lock me up,but hey,no wahala.If its not a situation I can handle on phone,I pay a visit to my creditors.

My problem with this issue is just the lack of communication and the fact he is not trying to establish one.It doesn't matter if she is a lady,some men will also feel insulted.His idea of not trying to communicate yo me is a no no.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by NowisGod109(f): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
I'm sure all diz comments are from guys who haven't seen a girl like OP to dupe, saying op won't make a supportive wife, supportive my ass!...any guy wey dupe me na winch.. Hahahaha

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by takenadoh: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

I have a few questions?
does ypu Boyfriend watch or follow football and other sporting events, even though his club isn't playing?

2. Does he zone off suddenly and become sad on weekends and smtimes extremely happy and spend a lot.

3. Doea he hiss or sigh on his own for no reason?

Does he shout Alabi or Ikpeba?

Does he do sports betting?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ojlifa: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
so let me understand you,even a lame marriage cost more than 500k,he would spend it without complaining ,all the demand you hip,he would deliver it without complaining,if you want to start business he would cook up the money without complaining but once woman help you,man your life done finish.that is why i tell young men do not marry any woman,the days of wife material are gone what we have now are hustler ,they are not interest in family progress just to collect.well if am the guy i would take my time recover then pay her and end the relationship immediately because i know when things get bad she doesn't have my back rather she would be more concerned about only herself

ireneony:
do u think is easy to give out 500k..
why didn't he asked his friends or colleagues.
the lady try abeg.
has ur girl ever given u 20k?

not everyone is a giver.
The guy should at least appreciate her by returning her calls.
put urself in her shoes.

Fuuucvk marriage.
who marriage help.
I don't joke with my hard earned coins.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Assholé undecided

shiooor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Man Blasts Girl Who Asked Him For Money But Refused Him Sex Cos They Just Met / Mad Couple Making Out / If You Still Do These Things Then You Are Not Ready For Relationship Or Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.