Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (56985 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by TINALETC3(f): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by DanielsParker(m): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Damn long.. I'll read after..
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Onedibe1: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
I didnt nid to read ur post be4 commenting bt am sure he has duped u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
You don enter one chance cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nobodysmanrob(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by 0m0nnakoda: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
You have enrolled in a course and paid the fees for the Ist semester. handouts which I suggest you study very well so that you get an A
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by wilsonm(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
tongue
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
LifeofAirforce:
You don enter one chance relationship.

How could you give huge sum of money to a man who's not even engaged to you talkess of marrying you?

Some women sef

Dude ha played a smart one on you .

Chai!! 500K is the huge sum of money? Okay oh
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by efighter: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
chynie:

Is your brain paining u? undecided u cant even praise her for giving him in the first place.
issues like this is why girls don't give guys financial support until they are rightfully married.
if she has lost her trust in him, then don't blame her, something caused it

But guys can girls random girls money?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Hadeyinkah: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm, am short of words
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=Immee post=60684352]Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company. Things are working well between us since the relationship started untillrecently when wehadsomebusiness deals together (myopinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by fixedhollies(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
What is bad in d guy stipulating d actual time of paying back... they are nt married yet! Y d change of attitude. Unna wey no get 200k 4 account dey condem d girl. It is obvious d guy hasnt bn dat commited financially. Coz if he had done something greater dan dat... she wnt be bothered.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Bibi294(f): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.
Is it that illiterate guy?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by seangy4konji: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
very funny
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by abbaapple: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
[s][/s]
Immee:

[s][/s]

Proudly #AlphaMale
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by missyadorable(f): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sharp Naija guy has duped you!

He promised to do introduction soon and marry you next year,so that you will feel relaxed and secured to give him such amount of money.

You are lucky you didn't transfer N1million.

Dude might just be using your money to marry another lady!

Relationship is scam!

Either woman scam man or man scam woman

Use your head.How can you give such money to a lover?

Well,hope you learn your lessons.

Next time,Dont show a man that you have money,not such amount of money.
Else same will repeat itself..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by soberdrunk(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Any lady that has 5million naira to invest in my failing' business, feel free to contact me, me i will marry you........ angry

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Bizibi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nairalanders and insults,can't you guy's just write something without putting stupid, bitch......

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:

My dear, I'm first of all sorry you're in the situation you're in. But just 500naira can settle this situation.Simple, communication is key in relationships and when there's a lack of genuine communication, it is not unusual for one party to become unsettled. While your bf ought to be the one that should give you updates, you can also make the first call my dear. Perhaps something went wrong, and he's ashamed of communicating with you.

The money can be lost but you can preserve your relationship. Call him, or send him an SMS saying i don't know what's happening between us, if there's a problem honey please let me know. I'm worried about us, our communication has become bad, and i'm unsettled about us. If it's the business issues, if there's a problem, we can talk about it. I don't want you to handle any pressure you're in all alone, don't be selfish about keeping your struggles to yourself. Please honey get in touch, you can win your bf back and reap the rewards on the long run. Please don't be quick to imagine even though it is warranted. Give him the benefit of a doubt.

People are capable of good as much as they are of bad, so let's not always be fast to imagine people in the bad light ( i.e. you have been defrauded ). you said it yourself, he's good, intelligent, knows his stuff, perhaps he ran into murky waters...Hear from him, go see him and save yourself from the misery of his silence...abeg

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by bamasite(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Matters of the heart are not for the lily hearted

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Kokaine(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ninethmare:
You said he is your fiance and you guys are planning for marriage
you borrowed him some money to help in revitalising his company.
Now the question is have you asked him how business is moving? he maybe having some problems...
You are all after ur money not knowing that after ur marriage with him the company is also urs
Now see what you are going to do...
Stop talking about ur money for now and try to know how the business is going.
Build the love again
Focus on your marriage
After marriage then you can skin him alive if you want.
dude is not taking calls. bro as a lagosian i understand that part very well. it means something special.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Youngsage: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
hoihoihoihoihoi grin grin
it's a simple equation.
You work in a manufacturing company, so you are a manufacturer(as you have manufactured the 500k)
your bf works in a recycling company, so just wait for him, he will recycle the money back to the environment, as a recycler.
Gerrit? Yo wa! cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ireneony(f): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
My dear, if I understand you well, you gave him money few weeks ago.
The question I will ask you is, if he needs to solve the problem with a million naira, and you promised him such amount but ended up giving him 500K, have you found out if the half-help was enough to take him out of the problems? And i don't want you to be too money conscious, the truth is, you need to assess his present production status and if he's back to his feet.
Be a part of his problem, not just be all about getting your money back. He'll pay you back if you go through the process of healing in his production.
Like you mentioned, the business is lucrative and you were sure he has the personality to pay back your money. Try to find out what's wrong. Men tend to receded when broke or stressed. Be a friend indeed and in need, get to know.
do u think is easy to give out 500k..
why didn't he asked his friends or colleagues.
the lady try abeg.
has ur girl ever given u 20k?

not everyone is a giver.
The guy should at least appreciate her by returning her calls.
put urself in her shoes.

Fuuucvk marriage.
who marriage help.
I don't joke with my hard earned coins.

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
1) Women, your boyfriend is not your husband.

2) You gave a loan without documentation and signed agreement. This is a donation to him otherwise.

3) You'll never get the lump sum or near total of that loan. You'll settle for payments if you're lucky.

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Alariwo2: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Business and pleasure don't mix.. it never ends well

It's when issue of money comes up that you'll know the true nature of those you call friends or lovers.

@OP just keep it cool and pray he keeps to his words which I seriously doubt..
BTW do you have any legal documents to that effect or you just paid without signed agreement?

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by rosalieene(f): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee your greatest mistake was bringing this to nairaland.

You can see thAt some Guys here are coming for your head. they ignored the part Whr you said you are financially stable and don't demand. they refused to acknowledge the fact that ur guy hasn't been picking up calls if not for anything,

do you know why? you see, some guys here on nairaland don't usually see anything wrong in what their fellow guy did to a lady.

They will just make you feel bad.

someone said meagre 500k, forgetting that Alot of people will jump at ur feet if you dash them such amount.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by IamLEGEND1: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alright!

you know say money no be problem/
hommies on da block/ alright I'm back again
you know what time it is/
straight up/ hi whats up...

ɛdru anagu na ma brɛ kuraa/
me fri eguma na me dru fieaa/
ɛnsuo tɔ ɛwyia bɔaa/
ade sa na yɛ tu pumaa/
joo nanu nsuo sɛ champagne/
ɔyɛ azonto still I go maintain/
ah ɛbɛ tsi wo nti skin pain/
pɛ ɛdro bi num ne gai complain/

eh eh the way she dey be ma speck ooo/
this girl go dey kill me ooo/
(money no be problem)/
when I see am I dey mess ooo/
baby why u dey do me sooo/
(Obidiponbibi)
she dey mash up ma head ooo/
saa this girl go make I go kolooeee/
the way she dey be ma speck ooo/
this girl go dey kill mee, kill mee...
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Emarvel(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
100% TRUE,i agree with you

[quote author=Damilaresimon25 post=60695950]You don't mind loosing him and your well planned marriage, all you want is your MONEY.. Like seriously

dats weird to me though....

He refused to pick your calls because he knows u are always gonna request for your money whenever u call, not sitting him down to ask what d problem is.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
missyadorable:
Sharp Naija guy has duped you!

He promised to do introduction soon and marry you next year,so that you will feel relaxed and secured to give him such amount of money.

You are lucky you didn't transfer N1million.

Dude might just be using your money to marry another lady!

Relationship is scam!

Either woman scam man or man scam woman

Use your head.How can you give such money to a lover?

Well,hope you learn your lessons.

Next time,Dont show a man that you have money,not such amount of money.
Else same will repeat itself..

You are too absolute. There are lots of relationships scam but madam how sure are you?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Johnpsite: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:
may God bless u for saying the fact

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death / When A Relationship Wasn't Defined: Hilarious Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.