Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? (49522 Views)

Share Any Of Your Experience About Culture Shock In Nigeria / South Africa Culture Shock: 2 Scantly Dressed Women, Different Public Reactions / Shock As Men Steal Meat From Lions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by buzzmania(m): 11:46am On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:
grin grin grin
cease fire grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by RoyalPearl(f): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2017
buzzmania:
cease fire grin
Anyways how have you been?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:

I am not getting worked up. If someone constantly spews fake trash about Nigeria all the time am sure you will say something about it.

If she spent most of her life in Nigeria as you say and she is not familiar with the Ghanaian culture then she must try to desist from making ridiculous and false comments wrt topics that she has no clue about.

This has been happening for so long and have not said anything. I guess this time around I wanted to put the record straight. I really don't see any harm in that to be honest. If someone keeps going about misleading people then surely its not a crime to set things straight is it?
even if she makes some claims which may be false according to you. it still doesn't mean she isn't Ghanaian.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:

Not surprised by all this uncouth and vulgar words from your mouth. Lmao talking about a jobless cretin when you spend your whole life on Nairaland. I didn't bother to read your ish cos I got put off by all the vulgar words.

If and when you continue to spew trash about Ghana and I happen to see it I will continue to call you out whether you like it or not.

Do have yourself a good day smiley cheesy grin smiley wink
Spare me your nonsense. You're here saying I say some stuffs about Ghana guys when I hardly talk about them. I don't even have a Ghanaian male friend to start with except classmates and family. I want to be believe this is a case of mistaken identity. Stop quoting me when you're not normal. No Ghanaian attacked me on this thread it's the abnormal one that'll so I'm not surprised. I've never spewed thrash about my country I'm not two-faced so I hope never to get a mention from you. Funny all those times I fought for the dignity of my country here you never noticed.
Keep your stupid wishes to yourself, you need it more.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:
grin grin grin. Honestly I am cool. You know I hardly comment on such stuff, even the time when she was spewing rubbish about Ghanaian men I didn't say anything. But some idiot went to make an idiotic comment misrepresenting Ghanaian culture and instead of she (the Ghanaian to set the record straight ) she is rather misleading Ppl more which kinda irked me.
I don't expect you to say anything when you're lying. Fool.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
buzzmania:
Come on! You girls should calm your tits down grin.No need to trade words over such a trivial issue. @makydebbie, royalpearl
All those times I fought for Ghana here the bitch never noticed. She should stop masturbating on my mention. I really hate bullies.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
why are you getting so worked up about this! she is a Ghanaian who has lived some part of her life in Nigeria, surely she will have some aspects of her that may look Nigerian-like but this doesn't prove she is fake. I have seen her defend Ghana several times even before we became friends. she is a Ghanaian so the earlier you accept it the better for you. until you bring any concrete proof that she isn't plz desist from that.
All those times I defended us here funny she didn't notice. And I'm very sure if I've used derogatory words about Ghana, you would've quoted me. Let her keep seeking attention since it pays her bills.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
All those times I defended us here funny she didn't notice. And I'm very sure if I've used derogatory words about Ghana, you would've quoted me. Let her keep seeking attention since it pays her bills.
don't worry about it. she will come around some day.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
don't worry about it. she will come around some day.
I won't be around when she comes and even if I'm, I really don't care. I'm happy about the Ghana friends I've here already. smiley
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
I won't be around when she comes and even if I'm, I really don't care. I'm happy about the Ghana friends I've here already. smiley
lol, have u already set off to Ghana?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
lol, have u already set off to Ghana?
No it was postponed. embarassed
I think mum said something about Saturday, but when I get there you'll definitely know.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
No it was postponed. embarassed
I think mum said something about Saturday, but when I get there you'll definitely know.
is your mom having cold feet about coming to Ghana?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
is your mom having cold feet about coming to Ghana?
My mummy that cannot wait. grin
Nah, it's something else keeping us. They're still looking for a school for my nephew. I hope they get the school for him today.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
My mummy that cannot wait. grin
Nah, it's something else keeping us. They're still looking for a school for my nephew. I hope they get the school for him today.
amen, coz the fufu is getting spoiled.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
amen, coz the fufu is getting spoiled.
It can't spoil pls. cry cry
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
It can't spoil pls. cry cry
lol, I will prepare banku for you.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
lol, I will prepare banku for you.
Can you cook? cheesy
I'll love banku with pepper tho. kiss
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Can you cook? cheesy I'll love banku with pepper tho. kiss
lol, with tilapia I guess!
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
lol, with tilapia I guess!
Yes and shitor. smiley
You didnt answer my question. sad
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Blackhawk01: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Can you cook? cheesy
I'll love banku with pepper tho. kiss

Be kissing another man oooo... Omo nna angry
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Be kissing another man oooo... Omo nna angry
Bad belle. sad
Gerrarahia!! angry
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Blackhawk01: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Bad belle. sad
Gerrarahia!! angry

cheesy grin cheesy

You've been caught and you're in trouble tongue

Screenshots cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Yes and shitor. smiley You didnt answer my question. sad
I think I can
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Blackhawk01:

cheesy grin cheesy

You've been caught and you're in trouble tongue

Screenshots cheesy grin
Come let's goan buy iceclim. angry
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
I think I can
That's nice. smiley
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
That's nice. smiley
you think so?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Fulaman198(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
I can't really say I have had culture shocks, except for the racism in America towards African people which was not a surprise to me as I do read the news and know what happens around the world.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Blackhawk01: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Come let's goan buy iceclim. angry

Mbanu! Buy and bring it. tongue
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Mbanu! Buy and bring it. tongue
angry angry
I'm not buying again. tongue
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
you think so?
I like seeing guys cook, it becomes a competition for me to get better.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Blackhawk01: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
angry angry
I'm not buying again. tongue

Iffa slap you, you wee go back to bed. undecided
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Iffa slap you, you wee go back to bed. undecided
I don sleep wake up sef. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington / Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.