Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? (49525 Views)

Share Any Of Your Experience About Culture Shock In Nigeria / South Africa Culture Shock: 2 Scantly Dressed Women, Different Public Reactions / Shock As Men Steal Meat From Lions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Swanzi(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:

I ain't like that so it means am telling you the truth. Don't be fooled by that girl trust me.. Its very obvious she is not who she claims to be and am laughing at all the fools who keep following her up and down like sheep's.

Which normal person will intentionally spew false krap about their own country. Its only fake people that to so. Same thing with that kwame guy who was actually a south African pretending to be a ghanaian. Anyways 2 be honest if she wants to pretend to be an alien from space idgaf but as long as she keeps spewing fake trash about my country I will continue to call her/him/it out. Mtchew

Royal pearl I believe u owe makydebbie
An apology cos as far far as I can remember
She's been loyal soldier for Ghana,guess this
is a case of mistaken identity.. peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
I like seeing guys cook, it becomes a competition for me to get better.
oh wow, that's nice to know but in my opinion women will always cook better than men.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
oh wow, that's nice to know but in my opinion women will always cook better than men.
Well, my late friend in Nigeria, her brother cooks better than all the ladies in the house. I think it's subjective, it depends on the person. Don't be surprised that you may cook better than me, it's goggle I always look up to BTW. wink
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Well, my late friend in Nigeria, her brother cooks better than all the ladies in the house. I think it's subjective, it depends on the person. Don't be surprised that you may cook better than me, it's goggle I always look up to BTW. wink
LMAO, I refuse to believe that!!! google kitchen helps you cook what exactly?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
LMAO, I refuse to believe that!!! google kitchen helps you cook what exactly?
How to prepare shitor is also on goggle. embarassed
I told you I'm a fan of intercontinental dishes. smiley
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by buzzmania(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalPearl:
Anyways how have you been?
Good.You?
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by leathalbeast: 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
How to prepare shitor is also on goggle. embarassed
I told you I'm a fan of intercontinental dishes. smiley
don't worry I will be glad to learn intercontinental dishes from you.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
leathalbeast:
don't worry I will be glad to learn intercontinental dishes from you.
Lol, great. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by buzzmania(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
All those times I fought for Ghana here the bitch never noticed. She should stop masturbating on my mention. I really hate bullies.
Hmm! Don't even know how to go about this.All I know is you both Ghanaians.Even though you may not be a 'thoroughly bred' Ghanaian due the fact that you grew up amidst Nigerian's who's influence you can't just discard, you still defend the motherland no matter what.I honestly can't tell exactly where this mix up began but I'll urge you both to let it slide and start anew. Peace out
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
buzzmania:
Hmm! Don't even know how to go about this.All I know is you both Ghanaians.Even though you may not be a 'thoroughly bred' Ghanaian due the fact that you grew up amidst Nigerian's who's influence you can't just discard, you still defend the motherland no matter what.I honestly can't tell exactly where this mix up began but I'll urge you both to let it slide and start anew. Peace out
Okay dear. I was really pissed this morning but I guess I feel better now. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by buzzmania(m): 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay dear. I was really pissed this morning but I guess I feel better now. kiss
Cool but try not to let the internet dictate your emotions.Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
buzzmania:
Cool but try not to let the internet dictate your emotions.Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Was annoying this was coming from a Ghanaian who knows nothing about me even on NL. Okay darl, advice taken. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by buzzmania(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Was annoying this was coming from a Ghanaian who knows nothing about me even on NL. Okay darl, advice taken. smiley
Good night
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by makydebbie(f): 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
buzzmania:
Good night
Sleep tight.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Basic123: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Amarabae:
why these pathetic obsession with igbos all the time,
should i call it inferiority complex?
if you are really a graduate,you need to return ur certificate back to the school,
gosh nollywood is real life to you,
where in Igboland do the do that?
If a widow want to barb her hair to honour the late husband,its her choice,
drinking of which corpse water? What kind of dumb lie is this?
Shame!
Bigotry is a disease,go cure yourself
Igbo and cry cry grin

What I first noticed immediately I hitted this thread were igbo making mockery of yorubas especially amala and ewedu when igbo oha is exactly human faeces.one was even saying they are not educated at all.A yoruba guy now retaliated you started cryinggrin

by the way,what do igbo have that people will feel inferior to?,Everyone know the chest beating tribe that always claim 70% of other tribe achievement on social mediagrin
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Basic123: 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
deedeedee1:

Nobody force you to wat Amala. If you dont like it then shut your dirty mouth! We Yorubas love it.
This is how you ebowls insult people then begin to cry victim later.
Yoruba people have never cared if you like their food. Just dont insult them in the Cyber Space.
Ehn,those guys are very stupid.And if you find out very well he is probably typing from Ibadan or lagos.He has never gone to his village for the past 10yrs for the fear of being killed by village people in enugu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by iamord(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2017
RoyalPearl:
Anyways how have you been?
I know you to be a peaceful and loving person. keep calm and. let's not digress from the one corner grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by RoyalPearl(f): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
iamord:
I know you to be a peaceful and loving person. keep calm and. let's not digress from the one corner grin
grin tongue kiss kiss but I must admit I don't get this one corner craze. If I hear another one corner song again I will lose my mind. Ghanaians paa cry
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 24, 2017
farellstone:
imagine, someone wrote what was a culture shock to her, and you are saying it is not shocking (sic). Are you her?

she's a silly attention seeking girl. And to think her own culture shock ' is a wedding without jollof'. She's now attacking someone else. Girls sef
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by GODWINGODSON(m): 11:52am On Mar 18, 2019
I was really surprised when I saw women riding motorcycles here in Nsukka, heard it was common practice in the south-east. Am used to it now.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Fatherofdragons: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
Yorubers and their love for that blackish looking thing called amala together with that their greenish disgusting soup ewedu.

Those people just don't know how to cook good looking delicacies unfortunately.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just alluring! smiley
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by KGBEAST(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
Boyooosa:
Father, test running his daughter before finally giving her out
Where?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by labani06(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
FemiEddy:

my brother, in the north, Na lepers dey do d Kulikuli o, with deir hands.........I doubt if dey hav changed
God will punish you with this your blatant lies.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by labani06(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
Dalek:
love this, the abokis that sell this are blessed. grin
Hausa traditional candies
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by FemiEddy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
labani06:

God will punish you with this your blatant lies.
Am sorry, was told, didn't confirm, and that's stupid of me, will edit now, u can enlighten me tho
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by labani06(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2019
FemiEddy:

Am sorry, was told, didn't confirm, and that's stupid of me, will edit now, u can enlighten me tho

God will bless you for rejecting the lies from your accompany .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by philfrey08: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
gnykelly:
THE IBO HEREDITARY SYSTEM

what is the worth of a woman : in ibo tradition, an unmarried woman has no right in her fathers property. not even a say.

even when married and she never give birth to a male child she will not be allowed to inherit her husband property.

the female gender is seen as an object of satisfaction and if she doesn't meet up she is thrown out with contempt.

at their marriage the female gender is seen as a commodity that need to be sold her value tally with the things that the family had spent on her. if she had a degree education her bride price is of higher value. than those without education.

in the Ibo culture when a man cheat it is easily overlooked. but the case of a woman will invoke the curse of god and eternal damnation.

I see this things first hand during my service in the eastern part of the country.

I am of the feeling that the Ibo tribe need reorientation on civil ways of taking care of the child and not to see her as just an object because it is affecting the self-steem of an average ibo lady.

This is a BIG FAT LIE!!
This is only for the small enclosed settlement you were in.... Please dont generalise
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Ndipe(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
jericco1:
Mehn it's Bulgaria o, where you nod ur head up & down to emphasize 'no' and shake ur head sideways for 'yes'

That would be a culture shock.
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2019
baddooski
Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by baddooski: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
My immediate younger bro I game 200k to start a mini business to support himself in school told me bet9ja virtual took the money when I wanted to give him the remaining balance last week.

I wanted to take him to army barrack so he could be dealt with, but on a second thought I think it won't solve the issue.

I would like to ask, Is it possible to get rid of virtual completely if you are addicted to it?.

Cc. locust.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington / Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.