Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,375 members, 7,868,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

My Gf Has A Problem With Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Gf Has A Problem With Guys (938 Views)

That My Yeye GF Has Come Again Oo. See What She Told Me / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) / Ladies Attitude When Breaking Up With Guys!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Godmother(f): 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2010
She is 25 and has never been in a relationship.Each time a guy asks her out she turns him down, even if she really likes him.There is this guy right now whom she likes a lot, but she has made up her mind that when and if he asks her out she is going to turn him down.

I asked her if she is scared of relationships and she said no.I am beginning to wonder if the problem is not psychological.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by yme1(f): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
she is scared of dating either she wants to admit it or not
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by omega25red(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
maybe she is a lesbian and just covering up, or she has a deep rooted fear of dating because of her religious beliefs or she just enjoys mastrubating by her sefl grin
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Godmother(f): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2010
I dont think she is a lesbo even though I can never vouch for a person 100 percent, to a large extent I know she is not.As for her masturbating, that's a possibilty but she herself must know that that wnt help her in the long run
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by 3ndy(f): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
omega25red:

maybe she is a lesbian and just covering up, or she has a deep rooted fear of dating because of her religious beliefs or she just enjoys mastrubating by her sefl grin
not lesbian type,
i actually do d same my self,
it's neither psycological,
simply we do distrust men, well d once she's been with or she's seen maybe they didn't give her a sense of woman, or protection like for me, so i tend 2 turn them down after d first or rather second date.
actually she should just go for one and hope 4 d best
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by omega25red(m): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
Godmother:

I dont think she is a lesbo even though I can never vouch for a person 100 percent, to a large extent I know she is not.As for her self-servicing, that's a possibilty but she herself must know that that wnt help her in the long run
well then maybe she is one of the few visonaries in nigeria who have finally figured out that you dont have to be married with kids for your life to be fufilled undecided then again she might have hiv (god forbid) which might make her not want to put herself out there due to all the negatives that comes with that
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
@poster
isnt she suppose to be your friend? well why dont you simply ask her WHAT MAKES HER TURN THESE GUYS DOWN?
what is it that she is so scared of? what kind of man, person could make her change her mindset? is it who they are or WHAT they are(men)? maybe she is scared of being hurt? maybe scared of not being good enough?

the list is endless but you have to ask questions and hope that she opens up to you and let you know where the problem lies, hoping that someone can help. . . . . . . . . . . . . there is definitely a problem somewhere especially if she finds the guys attractive.

the longer she waits to confronts her demons, the harder it will be to get on with "normal" life.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by ravenzord(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
isnt she suppose to be your friend? [b]well why dont you simply ask her WHAT MAKES HER TURN THESE GUYS DOWN?[/b]what is it that she is so scared of? what kind of man, person could make her change her mindset? is it who they are or WHAT they are(men)? maybe she is scared of being hurt? maybe scared of not being good enough?

the list is endless but you have to ask questions and hope that she opens up to you and let you know where the problem lies, hoping that someone can help. . . . . . . . . . . . . there is definitely a problem somewhere especially if she finds the guys attractive.

the longer she waits to confronts her demons, the harder it will be to get on with "normal" life.

I think the poster already has, but if the friend hasn't admitted the problem to herself, then she won't be able to admit it to her friends, no matter how close they are.

@ OP; As Mr brownjay has said, she has to be willing to confront her demons first of all, if she doesn't think there's a problem then she won't see a reason to try to solve anything. As her friend you heve to let her see that she has a problem, then help her seek personal and professional solutions to the problem.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Enockia(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
3ndy:

not lesbian type,
i actually do d same my self,
it's neither psycological,
simply we do distrust men, well d once she's been with or she's seen maybe they didn't give her a sense of woman, or protection like for me, so i tend 2 turn them down after d first or rather second date.
actually she should just go for one and hope 4 d best

dat's not a very nice thing to say
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Mhismole(f): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2010
this is very simple.
she simply hasnt found a need to.
i mean, who wants to deal with men's unnecessary wahala?
like some previous thread said, its really not by force to get into a relationship.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by galatico(m): 10:27am On Mar 04, 2010
She might have been raped before !!! I suggest you take her for counseling !!!
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by 3ndy(f): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2010
Enockia:

dat's not a very nice thing to say
maybe not,
but that's not my fault, it's somehw impossible 2 find a nice nigerian guy, that's 4 me who live in italy,
4 d nigerians in nigeria don't really know but i guess that the way u behave in ur country doesn't defere 4rm u behaviour in the country u move to,
so, i haven't still change my mind. tongue
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by iz2much: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2010
i no fit shout
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2010
Pleeeese link me with her. I think i've FINALLY found a trust-worthy wife! Hope she turns down intimacy with guys too, not just dating. I've always thought that only this sort of woman (and frigid women too) can be trusted not to stray when married.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by 3ndy(f): 9:15am On Mar 05, 2010
pro01:

Pleeeese link me with her. I think i've FINALLY found a trust-worthy wife! Hope she turns down intimacy with guys too, not just dating. I've always thought that only this sort of woman (and frigid women too) can be trusted not to stray when married.
i beg to defer,
that's an awkward way of thinking, if a woman get's all she needs from her husband and loves him very much then there's o way in hell she's gonna betray him,
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by poro: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2010
its just the fear of getting hurt, but hw can a swimmer be scared of the pool, no risk no lesson, but dont rush her she will get there when she is ready
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2010
3ndy:

i beg to defer,
that's an awkward way of thinking, IF A WOMAN GETS ALL SHE NEEDS FROM HER HUSBAND and loves him very much then there's o way in hell she's gonna betray him,

What makes you think you can find ALL you need from one single human being? People have to forgo or sacrifice some desires for life itself to be possible. But women always want to eat their cakes and have it! Is it 'cos you want to leave room for and/or pre-create justifications for your likely infidelity that you gave the proviso "IF a woman gets all she needs, "? So when your husband sooner or later (by virtue of his naturally imperfect humanity) becomes incapable of meeting ANY of your numerous material, physical, psychological, emotional or social needs, you would have found a 'cogent' reason to jump into the arms and bed of another man!!! You thus presuppose that you (and your fellow women) are perfect like Christ, so you should derserve god-like perfection in return; any inadequacy on the man's part therefore entitles you to meet that need in another man.

This is truly appalling. Is there any hope to find a loyal and understanding wife? Pleeese.
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by Godmother(f): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2010
pro01:

What makes you think you can find ALL you need from one single human being? People have to forgo or sacrifice some desires for life itself to be possible. But women always want to eat their cakes and have it! Is it 'cos you want to leave room for and/or pre-create justifications for your likely infidelity that you gave the proviso "IF a woman gets all she needs, "? So when your husband sooner or later (by virtue of his naturally imperfect humanity) becomes incapable of meeting ANY of your numerous material, physical, psychological, emotional or social needs, you would have found a 'cogent' reason to jump into the arms and bed of another man!!! You thus presuppose that you (and your fellow women) are perfect like Christ, so you should derserve god-like perfection in return; any inadequacy on the man's part therefore entitles you to meet that need in another man.

This is truly appalling. Is there any hope to find a loyal and understanding wife? Pleeese.

You definately cant find all you need from one person.No one is perfect, even me writing.The thing is that if the person you are with can make you happy to a reasonable degree then that goes
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2010
AHH FINALLY it seems we are growing up in naija to realise that all these marriage bull aint gonna cut it!
its not for everyone, she just may happen to be the type.

BUT

that is one thing, one the other hand she may just be messed up upstairs, esp if she is the type who then crosses 30-35 then gets beefed up against the world cos she aint married (u know all this hyde and jekyll personalities) in one breath she wants conformity and the pleasures that it sometimes brings, and at the same time she cannot cope with the thought of being hooked.

bottom line is, sorry to say, she is wired badly upstairs and she need help badly and quickly too. HAVENT U HEARD, NO PAIN, NO GAIN. THE GOOD THINGS (SWEET THINGS) IN LIFE COME WITH PAIN!! FCK, SH*T, PEE, MESS, LOVE, CHILDBIRTH ETC ETC ETC grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by earthrealm(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
A SHIP IS VERY SAFE IN THE HARBOUR RIGHT?, we all know the answer to this question, but lets ask ourselves.is that where/what a ship is designed for,
a big NO NO, aship is designed to sail the waters, not sit still in the harbour,

most cases of this i hv heard is either

1.the chic is a virgin
2. she has been r-ape-ed b4, [hate that friggin word despoil!!! n self service= mas-tur-bation!!!---seun take note!!!!!]
3.she is a lesbo,
4.she is a weirdo
5. cos of her beliefs
6. she hasnt found the right dude, [but u gotta hv a few dates naa b4 u know if the guy is right or not]

the theories too plenty abeg, its her life, let her live it the way she wants to, no b force say she go date b4 im marry!!, some peeps actually get married without dating
Re: My Gf Has A Problem With Guys by 3ndy(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
pro01:

meeeennnn wotz ur probz, did anyone betray u??
my if was a generical IF,
i mean, when u're satisfied with ur hus and wife, u won't definately run in some others hands, either u're perfect or not, and u definately ar NOT tongue

re
eithe

(1) (Reply)

Need Sum Advice: / Guys With Nails / My Friend Just Broke Up With Somebody I'm Attracted To.what Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.