Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23667 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by SIRTee15: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
FxMasterz:

You captured it.

Many of her views are coloured with Christian doctrines which no Muslim would accept. Vanessa7 cannot say it anywhere in a Muslim gathering that the Holy Spirit lives in her, or that she is being atoned by the blood of Rams. Even Antichristian would disagree with her. In short, she's neither a Christian nor a Muslim. She's just trying to be something, mostly taking a position to justify herself for forsaking Jesus. Was Jesus real to her? Of cause He was. She can't deny that? Did Jesus die? Of cause she knows He did? Did Jesus resurrect? Of course, she has witnessed the power of His resurrection live and direct except what she wrote up there are outright lies as I have earlier assumed.

With all the little things I know about the Quran; how Allah does not know that Mariam the sister of Aaron is different from Mary the mother of Jesus, how Allah does not know that there was no Samaritan whatsoever in the days of Moses, how Allah does not know that Jacob and Israel are the same person, and many more such avoidable blunders. How can she prove to me that the Quran is the pure word of God? Infact, I'm earnestly seeking genuine answers because I don't know how these issues can exist in a so called book dictated by God, and the adherents keep following even without the answers.

She's really struggling. Obviously she entered that religion because of the tag Mrs, nothing more.
Now she has realised what other Muslim converts also later realise. Islam is shallow and lack substance.

All to Islam is believe in one God and follow a false prophet whose character can only be defended and sustained thru threat, violence and intimidation.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by LikeAking: 1:21am On Sep 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

She's really struggling. Obviously she entered that religion because of the tag Mrs, nothing more.
Now she has realised what other Muslim converts also later realise. Islam is shallow and lack substance.

All to Islam is believe in one God and follow a false prophet whose character can only be defended and sustained thru threat, violence and intimidation.

Allow the op breath..
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by SIRTee15: 2:26am On Sep 01, 2023
LikeAking:

Allow the op breath..

Are u alright?
Someone is sinking and u saying she should drown further.
Did u read her post I quoted. Does that look like a Muslim to u...
Has it occured to u it may actually be a cry for help.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

I tell you bro.

To understand Venessa7, we must first see through the stages she must have passed through before arriving at her current destination. These are the most likely stages:

1. Prolonged marital delay leading to frustration.

2. Decided to marry a Muslim since no Christian was looking her way.

3. Became a Muslim by marriage, not through conviction or any definite encounter.

4. Began feeling guilty of abandoning Jesus.

5. Couldn't bring herself to leave the marriage.

6. Began rationalizing things for self justification through self deceit, irrational extrapolations and defective reasonings.

She was first in a state of confusion and guilt. Moved from there to a state of self-suggestion telling herself that she'll make heaven after trying very hard to see and put God in Islam. I can say with utmost confidence that her idea of heaven is not Islamic but Christian. She's hoping to make the Christian heaven, not the Islamic heaven of the 72 virgins.

When you keep telling your mind a lie, it would soon look like truth through continuous reinforcements. That's the stage she is now. May she find deliverance because once you go far in self deceit, demons must eventually take over, making you to strongly believe the lies you've been telling yourself. The goal is to make you a sure candidate of hell.

Vanessa7, do the blood of Rams you kill in Islam truly wash away your sins? The blood of Rams is better than the blood of Jesus who made one eternal sacrifice to save all who come to God through Him?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by LikeAking: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

Are u alright?
Someone is sinking and u saying she should drown further.
Did u read her post I quoted. Does that look like a Muslim to u...
Has it occured to u it may actually be a cry for help.

Which help can u offer to her, if she is truly in need.

Allow her breath…
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by RelevantSolutio(f): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2023
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque, I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison

Wow.

This is really Great.

Islam Encompasses More People Who Are Genuine To Themselves, Because Islam doesn't Tolerate Evil Offenders.

However, Many Christians will continue With Their Evil Acts And They Stay Hypocritically About it Under The Umbrella That They Are Covered By GRACE.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by RelevantSolutio(f): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2023
FxMasterz:

I tell you bro.

To understand Venessa7, we must first see through the stages she must have passed through before arriving at her current destination. These are the most likely stages:

1. Prolonged marital delay leading to frustration.

2. Decided to marry a Muslim since no Christian was looking her way.

3. Became a Muslim by marriage, not through conviction or any definite encounter.

4. Began feeling guilty of abandoning Jesus.

5. Couldn't bring herself to leave the marriage.

6. Began rationalizing things for self justification through self deceit, irrational extrapolations and defective reasonings.

She was first in a state of confusion and guilt. Moved from there to a state of self-suggestion telling herself that she'll make heaven after trying very hard to see and put God in Islam. I can say with utmost confidence that her idea of heaven is not Islamic but Christian. She's hoping to make the Christian heaven, not the Islamic heaven of the 72 virgins.

When you keep telling your mind a lie, it would soon look like truth through continuous reinforcements. That's the stage she is now. May she find deliverance because once you go far in self deceit, demons must eventually take over, making you to strongly believe the lies you've been telling yourself. The goal is to make you a sure candidate of hell.

Vanessa7, do the blood of Rams you kill in Islam truly wash away your sins? The blood of Rams is better than the blood of Jesus who made one eternal sacrifice to save all who come to God through Him?

Are you trying to let us know that The Blood of One "Jesus" That Existed in History is Responsible For The Eternal Sacrifice To Save All of Humanity ?

What is The Blood Saving Humanity From ?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
vannessa7:

First of all, there is blood atonement in Islam, when you give birth to a new baby you MUST kill a ram for the naming ceremony on the eight day, if you don't have money you will do it later but give your child name on eight day but you will still kill the ram, during our Eid festival we kill ram or one of the specified animals for celebration but not fish, when you go for Hajj in Mecca each person must kill a ram at a specific time over there during the Hajj.
Now, that said, I will have you know that the more sin the more blood that is required to atone for it. There is a lot of sin wherever grace abound and that's why Christianity require a human blood, Islam however purifies it's followers through the word of God and thats why there seems to be less blood required.

Islam is not actually about good works but about holiness obtained by praying five times daily using the word of God in the Quran, the word of God is mighty, sharper than any two edged sword, especially the Quran which is purely the word of God, no man's opinion in it whatsoever, that is why we revere the Quran because the word of God is God, we don't handle it anyhow and the Quran is also so alive that if you handle it anyhow you will know by yourself very soon because of what you will see, it is not like the Bible where grace of Jesus Christ has made the anger and judgement of God to be tempered down but grace leads to corruption because the devil have a free hand to operate.

Anyway because a genuine Muslim pray using the word of God 5 times daily, crams and recite the Quran which is the pure word of God regularly, performs all the physical cleansing of the body as ordained by Islam using the name of God, he fast Ramadan and also many other specified fasting in Islam, he pays his zakat or sadaka and also obey some simple Islamic injunction such as don't eat pork and don't expose your body, etc, he becomes holy and continues to be holy basically because of the word of God he reads during his five daily prayers and also crams carry the mighty power and presence of God, this make him lose appetite for many sin because the spirit of God comes to live in him, that is why when you go to real Islamic settlement you will find crime rate to be very low. I know many christians don't think Muslims have the holy spirit because I was shocked too to feel the mighty presence of the holy spirit in Islam but genuine Islam is full of the Holy spirit of God.

We also ask for forgiveness of sin verbally without telling God to look at the holiness of another person in order to forgive us as christians do which make their soul redundant, why will your soul be purified when all you need is the holiness of Jesus Christ, instead any evil living in that soul flourish because grace covers him too, it's only when the anointing of the holy spirit is brought down which is actually the power and presence of God during some programs that such evil might leave the soul but it will soon come back due to grace in Christianity, this presence and power of God is always available in Islam you don't need special programs to experience it.

The grace in Christianity comes through sacrifice on the cross while Islam is about obedience because we go to God directly without proxy or load of sin. Obedience is better than sacrifice. A Christian must carry a load of sin to qualify for grace, you must say you are a sinner and Christ died for your sin for you to be qualified for grace. Jesus himself said he came for sinner so if you are holy you don't need him, that's why a possessed person will continue to be possessed and never be completely delivered. Jesus is gentle so the demons and witchcraft powers remain whereas Islam will destroy them immediately you accept Islam and as long as you are a Muslim they will not have power over you because that grace and gentle anointing is not in Islam. The devil flees at the sight of Islam.

Christians however will be given time to be perfect by going through a wilderness experience because although they enjoy grace in this life, they will not see such grace in afterlife, no witch or wizard or familiar spirit will make heaven, you must allow the Holy spirit to destroy them here and that's why most people with serious warfare always receive call into ministry so they can have access to a higher presence of the Holy spirit in order to overcome because it's only holiness which is also the presence of God in ones life that brings permanent deliverance,

Islam brings you closer to God thus your warfare ends as soon as you accept Islam, the strongest pastor in Christianity is in the same category of holiness as a normal regular genuine Muslim who keeps himself and environment clean because dirtiness will nullify Islam in ones life because God will not stay in a dirty place or body. I think I've said enough. Lol

P S: when I talk about warfare I don't mean regular life challenges anyone might experience, I'm talking about darkness, being possessed with demons, witches, idols, familiar spirit, curses etc, because many of my Muslim brethren don't even know what all this mean because a genuine Muslim will never experience them unless you are dirty, it is normal to go through some life challenges but when the devil comes to live with a person, it is not normal , you need Islam.
Islam says that the Holy spirit is Jubril : is this true?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Ken4Christ: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
RelevantSolutio:

Are you trying to let us know that The Blood of One "Jesus" That Existed in History is Responsible For The Eternal Sacrifice To Save All of Humanity ?

What is The Blood Saving Humanity From ?

Only the blood of Jesus could meet the demand of justice for the following reasons;

1. He was born sinless. The gene of sin in every human born was not in Jesus. His life never came from the sperm of man.

2. He is the only human who lived a sinless life.

The very moment you receive Jesus into your heart, the guilt of sin is taken away. You become a brand new creation in Christ. Try it and thank me later. This life is real. Countless millions have been changed by Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2023
LikeAking:

Which help can u offer to her, if she is truly in need. Allow her breath…

I believe she's the one calling for trouble!

She already knows her former religionists and how they view the religion she's now following so if truly she doesn't want any trouble she could have kept it to herself but coming to social media to rub it in their face.

The truth is that all religionists always feel like calling on others to join them and that's what she's stylishly doing but then only one religion has what it takes to really convince intelligent, sincere and honest hearted individuals.

So it's not just what your preferred God say but the benefit that all in your neighbourhood will enjoy as you are practicing what your God says whether they worship your God or not!

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by uuzba(m): 6:39am On Sep 02, 2023
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque, I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison
You were never a commited Christian.
Christinity is the following of Christ, Jesus Christ.... NOT the following of pastors.
The pastors didn't give you result, and you were angry and left. You never followed Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MrPRevailer(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
vannessa7:

First of all, there is blood atonement in Islam, when you give birth to a new baby you MUST kill a ram for the naming ceremony on the eight day, if you don't have money you will do it later but give your child name on eight day but you will still kill the ram, during our Eid festival we kill ram or one of the specified animals for celebration but not fish, when you go for Hajj in Mecca each person must kill a ram at a specific time over there during the Hajj.
Now, that said, I will have you know that the more sin the more blood that is required to atone for it. There is a lot of sin wherever grace abound and that's why Christianity require a human blood, Islam however purifies it's followers through the word of God and thats why there seems to be less blood required.

Islam is not actually about good works but about holiness obtained by praying five times daily using the word of God in the Quran, the word of God is mighty, sharper than any two edged sword, especially the Quran which is purely the word of God, no man's opinion in it whatsoever, that is why we revere the Quran because the word of God is God, we don't handle it anyhow and the Quran is also so alive that if you handle it anyhow you will know by yourself very soon because of what you will see, it is not like the Bible where grace of Jesus Christ has made the anger and judgement of God to be tempered down but grace leads to corruption because the devil have a free hand to operate.

Anyway because a genuine Muslim pray using the word of God 5 times daily, crams and recite the Quran which is the pure word of God regularly, performs all the physical cleansing of the body as ordained by Islam using the name of God, he fast Ramadan and also many other specified fasting in Islam, he pays his zakat or sadaka and also obey some simple Islamic injunction such as don't eat pork and don't expose your body, etc, he becomes holy and continues to be holy basically because of the word of God he reads during his five daily prayers and also crams carry the mighty power and presence of God, this make him lose appetite for many sin because the spirit of God comes to live in him, that is why when you go to real Islamic settlement you will find crime rate to be very low. I know many christians don't think Muslims have the holy spirit because I was shocked too to feel the mighty presence of the holy spirit in Islam but genuine Islam is full of the Holy spirit of God.

We also ask for forgiveness of sin verbally without telling God to look at the holiness of another person in order to forgive us as christians do which make their soul redundant, why will your soul be purified when all you need is the holiness of Jesus Christ, instead any evil living in that soul flourish because grace covers him too, it's only when the anointing of the holy spirit is brought down which is actually the power and presence of God during some programs that such evil might leave the soul but it will soon come back due to grace in Christianity, this presence and power of God is always available in Islam you don't need special programs to experience it.

The grace in Christianity comes through sacrifice on the cross while Islam is about obedience because we go to God directly without proxy or load of sin. Obedience is better than sacrifice. A Christian must carry a load of sin to qualify for grace, you must say you are a sinner and Christ died for your sin for you to be qualified for grace. Jesus himself said he came for sinner so if you are holy you don't need him, that's why a possessed person will continue to be possessed and never be completely delivered. Jesus is gentle so the demons and witchcraft powers remain whereas Islam will destroy them immediately you accept Islam and as long as you are a Muslim they will not have power over you because that grace and gentle anointing is not in Islam. The devil flees at the sight of Islam.

Christians however will be given time to be perfect by going through a wilderness experience because although they enjoy grace in this life, they will not see such grace in afterlife, no witch or wizard or familiar spirit will make heaven, you must allow the Holy spirit to destroy them here and that's why most people with serious warfare always receive call into ministry so they can have access to a higher presence of the Holy spirit in order to overcome because it's only holiness which is also the presence of God in ones life that brings permanent deliverance,

Islam brings you closer to God thus your warfare ends as soon as you accept Islam, the strongest pastor in Christianity is in the same category of holiness as a normal regular genuine Muslim who keeps himself and environment clean because dirtiness will nullify Islam in ones life because God will not stay in a dirty place or body. I think I've said enough. Lol

P S: when I talk about warfare I don't mean regular life challenges anyone might experience, I'm talking about darkness, being possessed with demons, witches, idols, familiar spirit, curses etc, because many of my Muslim brethren don't even know what all this mean because a genuine Muslim will never experience them unless you are dirty, it is normal to go through some life challenges but when the devil comes to live with a person, it is not normal , you need Islam.

You just proved you know very little about Christianity.
Christianity/Jewish religion teaches strict obedience, purity, chastity, Morality, good works, prayerfulness, physical cleanliness. It is a law and a commandment from God.

But this does not replace the law of atonement. Even if you keep all the laws, you cannot be Holy in the sight of God. It is the blood atonement that makes you Holy. Being Moral is different from Holiness.
Holiness is meeting GOD's standard of righteousness. This is impossible with man.

Leviticus 11:17
GOD SPEAKING "For the life of the flesh [animal] is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Self-righteousness, Good works or praying 5 times daily CANNOT atone for your sins.

Grace is not to be abused.
Romans 6:1 "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer?"

God required a Holy human blood to replace the animal sacrifices. THERE WAS NONE HOLY. Not even the great prophets.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 "Surely there is not a just man upon Earth that does good and never sins".

Therefore God sent his Word to become flesh and be that HOLY-Human who will make atonement for our souls.

You Muslims believe that the Word of God is God and God sent it down to Earth. And that it will actually SPEAK for Muslims in the judgement day.

But you find it hard to believe that God made that his Word flesh to make an atonement for our souls according to his Law, Leviticus 17:11?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
MrPRevailer:

You just proved you know very little about Christianity.
Christianity/Jewish religion teaches strict obedience, purity, chastity, Morality, good works, prayerfulness, physical cleanliness. It is a law and a commandment from God.

But this does not replace the law of atonement. Even if you keep all the laws, you cannot be Holy in the sight of God. It is the blood atonement that makes you Holy. Being Moral is different from Holiness.
Holiness is meeting GOD's standard of righteousness. This is impossible with man.

Self-righteousness, Good works or praying 5 times daily CANNOT atone for your sins.

Grace is not to be abused.
Romans 6:1 "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer?"

God required a Holy human blood to replace the animal sacrifices. THERE WAS NONE HOLY. Not even the great prophets.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 "Surely there is not a just man upon Earth that does good and never sins".

Therefore God sent his Word to become flesh and be that HOLY-Human who will make atonement for our souls.

You Muslims believe that the Word of God is God and God sent it down to Earth. And that it will actually SPEAK for Muslims in the judgement day.

But you find it hard to believe that God made that his Word flesh to make an atonement for our souls according to his Law, Leviticus 17:11?
Their Quran actually agrees that Jesus is the Word from God but denies that Jesus is God.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
RelevantSolutio:

Wow.

This is really Great.

Islam Encompasses More People Who Are Genuine To Themselves, Because Islam doesn't Tolerate Evil Offenders.

However, Many Christians will continue With Their Evil Acts And They Stay Hypocritically About it Under The Umbrella That They Are Covered By GRACE.
Man, you don't understand what grace is, do you?

You can't understand grace until you know how sinful sin is.

If someone poos in a plate, what amount of washing would your 3 year old daughter give to the plate that would satisfy you? No matter how she washes it, I bet you'll never ever eat from that plate.

We are God's plates. God's vessels. We're like that 3 year old. Sin is the poo in our plate. No amount of personal washing we do can satisfy God. Our self righteousness and good works are in vain.

Grace means, God does the washing Himself to His own acceptable standard, and then empowers us by His Spirit to live according to His will. Not by our own might but by His Spirit. That's Grace - God working lthrough me to do what I'm unable to do; to live a life I'm unable to live.

You'll agree with me that you may eventually eat from the plate if you do the washing by yourself to your standard and taste. This is the whole concept of Grace. This is Christianity.

'For by Grace are we saved through faith. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.'

CC:

Vanessa7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shegsman58(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
See op sha, when you were in christ, you were oppressed by demons but since you've left christ and have decided to join the ones demons, you still expect them to oppress you?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 1:04am On Sep 04, 2023
Matthew 12:36-37
But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Romans 14:12
So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God

Ecclesiastes 11:9
Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes. Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things.

1 Corinthians 3:13
each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work.

FxMasterz:

Man, you don't understand what grace is, do you?

You can't understand grace until you know how sinful sin is.

If someone poos in a plate, what amount of washing would your 3 year old daughter give to the plate that would satisfy you? No matter how she washes it, I bet you'll never ever eat from that plate.

We are God's plates. God's vessels. We're like that 3 year old. Sin is the poo in our plate. No amount of personal washing we do can satisfy God. Our self righteousness and good works are in vain.

Grace means, God does the washing Himself to His own acceptable standard, and then empowers us by His Spirit to live according to His will. Not by our own might but by His Spirit. That's Grace - God working lthrough me to do what I'm unable to do; to live a life I'm unable to live.

You'll agree with me that you may eventually eat from the plate if you do the washing by yourself to your standard and taste. This is the whole concept of Grace. This is Christianity.

'For by Grace are we saved through faith. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.'

CC:

Vanessa7
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2023
Explore2xmore:
Matthew 12:36-37
But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Romans 14:12
So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God

Ecclesiastes 11:9
Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes. Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things.

1 Corinthians 3:13
each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work.

Yes, we do the works, not by power nor by might but by His Spirit. The Spirit of God does the works in us. "Therefore, there's no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2.

'So, walk in the Spirit. Let the Spirit live out the life of God in you, and you shall not fulfil the deeds of the flesh.'

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13.

This is Grace.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shegsman58(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2023
Sin is deeper and spiritual than you think, that's why paul said who save him 4rm d body of sin... If anyone has taught u that water or something can cleanse your sin, they are deceiving u.
Grace gives us access to somethings by faith. Vanessa7 thinking that God would save u from oppressions and d likes bcoz of your holiness is wrong. Ur righteousness is like a filthy rag b4 him. All you need is faith in the works of christ on d cross and on his word. Stop seeking the face of pastor, those demons were only trying to drag you to sin when you were in christ and now that you are in sin, they have left u.... Besides the fact u have turn away from christ doesn't mean he will take the gift he gave u like that. The holy spirit is a gift and d fact that u are now in sin doesn't mean he will take his spirit away from you like that but i tell u its just a matter of time till u feel empty
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2023
The way you mislead people with your talk on grace implying they are not liable for their actions.

This is why I pointed out these verses to establish that the laws with regard to righteous conduct must be obeyed.

There's high risk of misunderstanding in the guise of not yet being under the control of the 'holy spirit'.

Individuals must for decide and determine to be upright then God will help. Just as the proverb that it's the child who raise his hands up seeking help that will be carried.

Submission and surrendering to the will of God while asking for the good yourself.

Allow Vanessa7 to grow in faith which is something that proceeds from God himself and no man can truly influence.

FxMasterz:

Yes, we do the works, not by power nor by might but by His Spirit. The Spirit of God does the works in us. "Therefore, there's no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2.

'So, walk in the Spirit. Let the Spirit live out the life of God in you, and you shall not fulfil the deeds of the flesh.'

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13.

This is Grace.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 11:42am On Sep 04, 2023
Explore2xmore:
The way you mislead people with your talk on grace implying they are not liable for their actions.

This is why I pointed out these verses to establish that the laws with regard to righteous conduct must be obeyed.

There's high risk of misunderstanding in the guise of not yet being under the control of the 'holy spirit'.

Individuals must for decide and determine to be upright then God will help. Just as the proverb that it's the child who raise his hands up seeking help that will be carried.

Submission and surrendering to the will of God while asking for the good yourself.

Allow Vanessa7 to grow in faith which is something that proceeds from God himself and no man can truly influence.

Everyone is liable and responsible for their actions. People would be rewarded for allowing God to work through them, and be condemned for disallowing God from working through them.

Go and read again all that I posted because you're saying very contrary things.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by DonXavi(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
d
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
RelevantSolutio:

Wow.

This is really Great.

Is this why Mohammed forgive your sin making him your God?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
TenQ:

Islam did not say so, Holy spirit is Rhu Allah in Islam which means spirit of God, The Quran says Jubril breathed the Holy spirit into the sleeve of Mary clothes and she conceived Jesus
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
vannessa7:

Islam did not say so, Holy spirit is Rhu Allah in Islam which means spirit of God, The Quran says Jubril breathed the Holy spirit into the sleeve of Mary clothes and she conceived Jesus
Aunty Vanessa,
You should be more knowledgeable than this o
1. Ruh is Islam mean Spirit

2. Ruh al-Qudus in Islam mean the Holy Spirit
Ruh-Allah does not exist in Islam

3. Allah breath the Spirit inside the vagina of Mary

Evidence
a. Jibril brought the news of a pure boy, but Allah breathe into Mary's Vagina .

Qur'an 19:19
"19. He said, 'I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy.'

b. Allah breathe into Mary's Fahjaha (vagina) of his spirit.

Qur'an 66:12
"And Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her vagina, so We breathed into it of Our spirit, and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient."

وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهَا مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَت بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهَا وَكَانَت مِّنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ

Transliteration:
Wa Maryama binti 'Imrāna allatī aḥṣanat farjahā fanafakhnā fīhā min rūḥinā waṣaddaqat bikalimāti rabbihā wa kutubihā wa kānat mina al-qānitīn.

Evidence that Fahjaha فَرْجَهَا mean vagina in the attachment. You may consult any Arabic dictionary if you please!

4. All Islamic scholars have been consistent that Ruh Al Qudus (the Holy Spirit) is Jibril.

Evidences :
1. " In this fatwa:
According to the Quran, the “Holy Spirit” (Ar-Ruh al-Qudus) is Jibreel (peace be upon him)."

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-the-scholar/muslim-creed/who-is-the-holy-spirit-in-islam/

2. "Summary of answer:
According to the Quran, the “Holy Spirit” (Ruh al-Qudus) is Jibril (peace be upon him). For more, see the detailed answer"

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/14403

I can give you more Evidences that in Islam, the Holy Spirit is Jibril if you want

My sister Vanessa, my original question remain the same:
I asked you this question because you still refer to the Holy Spirit as God's Spirit. In Islam, this is not true.

I come in peace and I expect your response. Thank you!

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2023
SIRTee15:

What I see here is extrapolation of biblical doctrines into Islam which is common among modern age Muslims.
However since u were once an ex Christian and now a Muslim, I would appreciate if u answer this question honestly.
We Christian believe Muhammed is a false prophet because he fails to fulfil the prophethood criteria according to the Abrahamic faith. He failed in most criteria.
Can u show me in the bible evidence that proves Muhammed is a true prophet of God, I'm talking of evidence not some subjective rationality.
It's ok if u produce koranic evidence so long as such can be seen in the biblical prophets.

Sorry I'm just responding to your post, I've been busy.
Actually I'm not going to say much, I will not quote any Bible or Quranic reference to proof Mohammed (SAW) is a prophet of God, why? Because my reverting to Islam is by divine leading, everything I have written and experienced are rooted in divine revelation because I have the gift, I hear and see regularly into the spiritual, I don't and won't do anything without clear divine direction. I am 7year old in Islam now and my only regret is not being a Muslim earlier, for a black man Islam is the most effective way to holiness because the black man has an history of deep idolatory which Christianity cannot handle, only Islam will permanently drive the devil away.

I will say this though, when I newly became a Muslim I was very sceptical about prophet Muhammad (SAW), I felt since he is not a saviour I should focus more on God, I still had Christianity complex, if not that my revelations were clear I felt Islam was below me, imagine with all my years preaching christ🤣,
but I was led to the power inherent in praying for him such as this (SAW) salalahu alehi wasalam, meaning may the peace of God be upon him. It is very powerful and a catalyst to answered prayers when a Muslim actually sit down to pray to God after salat. I used not to bother to say it but focus on praising God severally, I received the revelation clearly and I have confirmed it actually works, it is a command from God on every Muslim to pray like that for him, I was humbled when I received that revelation, so I don't need any other evidence to proof that he is a prophet of God, his lineage to Ismael son of Abraham is another proof, Almighty God will not abandon any seed of Abraham even if he is from a slave, he still carry the gene of Abraham. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
TenQ:

Anti Vanessa,
You should be more knowledgeable than this o
1. Ruh is Islam mean Spirit

2. Ruh al-Qudus in Islam mean the Holy Spirit

3. Allah breath the Spirit inside the vagina of Mary

Evidence
a. Jibril brought the news of a pure boy, but Allah breathe into Mary's Vagina .

Qur'an 19:19
"19. He said, 'I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy.'

b. Allah breathe into Mary's Fahjaha (vagina) of his spirit.

"And Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her vagina, so We breathed into it of Our spirit, and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient."

وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهَا مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَت بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهَا وَكَانَت مِّنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ

Transliteration:
Wa Maryama binti 'Imrāna allatī aḥṣanat farjahā fanafakhnā fīhā min rūḥinā waṣaddaqat bikalimāti rabbihā wa kutubihā wa kānat mina al-qānitīn.

Evidence that Fahjaha فَرْجَهَا mean vagina in the attachment. You may consult any Arabic dictionary if you please!

4. All Islamic scholars have been consistent that Ruh Al Qudus (the Holy Spirit) is Jibril.

Evidences :
1. " In this fatwa:
According to the Quran, the “Holy Spirit” (Ar-Ruh al-Qudus) is Jibreel (peace be upon him)."

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-the-scholar/muslim-creed/who-is-the-holy-spirit-in-islam/

2. "Summary of answer:
According to the Quran, the “Holy Spirit” (Ruh al-Qudus) is Jibril (peace be upon him). For more, see the detailed answer"

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/14403

I can give you more Evidences that in Islam, the Holy Spirit is Jibril if you want

My sister Vanessa, my original question remain the same:
I asked you this question because you still refer to the Holy Spirit as God's Spirit. In Islam, this is not true.

I come in peace and I expect your response. Thank you!

Suit yourself

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 12:18am On Sep 09, 2023
Therefore, there's no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2.

Highlighted from what you wrote implies your immunity from the law of sin and death?

Elucidate in simple English please.

FxMasterz:

Everyone is liable and responsible for their actions. People would be rewarded for allowing God to work through them, and be condemned for disallowing God from working through them.

Go and read again all that I posted because you're saying very contrary things.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 12:28am On Sep 09, 2023
vannessa7:

Suit yourself
Vanessa,
Why do you hate the truth so much?

Have I said anything without evidence from the Qur'an?

Have you been inoculated against the Truth?

I asked you:

If you had ever been born of God's spirit, God is waiting for you. Why would you throw away your salvation : why?

Mat 13:5-9:
"Some fell on stony places, where they had not much earth: and immediately they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundred times, some sixty times, some thirty times. Who has ears to hear, let him hear."

What is this sun that burnt you this bad?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Explore2xmore:
Therefore, there's no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2.
Highlighted from what you wrote implies your immunity from the law of sin and death?
Elucidate in simple English please.
The Law of sin and death referenced there is the Old Law of Moses which had death as the penalty for sin -- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20.. To be made free from the Law of Moses as an Israelite--- one born of the blood of Jacob --- is to be adopted in to a different Law which has power to release one from the yoke of the Old Law of Moses. The different Law that has that power is Jesus Christ, God's New Law in the Kingdom of God. Those who adopt Jesus Christ --- become born-again(born of water and born of Spirit) are released from the Old Law of Moses, into a new and lighter yoke and easier burden. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 12:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Is this physical death or eternal death?
Kobojunkie:
The Law of sin and death referenced there is the Old Law of Moses which had death as the penalty for sin -- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20.. To be made free from the Law of Moses as an Israelite--- one born of the blood of Jacob --- is to be adopted in to a different Law which has power to release one from the yoke of the Old Law of Moses. The different Law that has that power is Jesus Christ, God's New Law in the Kingdom of God. Those who adopt Jesus Christ --- become born-again(born of water and born of Spirit) are released from the Old Law of Moses, into a new and lighter yoke and easier burden. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2023
Explore2xmore:
Is this physical death or eternal death?
There is no such thing as Eternal death. Rather death is as defined by God in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 12:43am On Sep 09, 2023
According to Christian theology, the concept of being free from the law of sin and death is closely linked to the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Through his sacrifice and resurrection, believers are no longer condemned by their sinful nature but are offered the opportunity to live a life of spiritual liberty and eternal salvation.

Doea this mean before Jesus people could not repent and be forgiven? Or you could sin and not be liable because you follow Christ?

It appears incongruous

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / Lords Chosen Testimonies: Highway Robber Saved By God (Video, Photos) / Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.