Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship (571 Views)

Love Is Ruining My Life Please I Need Advice / My Ten Year Struggle With Sex Addiction Is Ruining me. / Help Help Facebook Is Ruining My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by teebiggs(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
You may think that your little flirtations with your crush from high school are no big deal, but the truth is that some partners don’t like that behavior. Whether you’re in a long-term relationship or married, Facebook, and the Internet in general, can be sources of temptation and drama.

With one in three marriages ending because of an online affair, social media is playing a big roll in the reason people divorce. And the problem with social media is that the evidence is right there unless you’re smart enough to delete your tracks, of course.

From jealousy to creeping in on their partner’s social media accounts to divorce because of online behavior, below are six ways social media is ruining your relationship.

1. Most Couple Say Social Media Is A Source Of Jealousy And Danger

According to a brief research that was carried out by an american researcher, 15 percent of people say, social media is absolutely dangerous to their marriage, while 16 percent can point their fingers to Facebook as causing jealousy in their relationship. The threat is so real that 14 percent of adults admit to combing through their partner’s social media accounts looking for evidence of cheating, virtual or otherwise.

2. Facebook Usage Is The One Reason Couples Fight

As the McKinley Irvin study found, it’s not just what a partner does on social media liking every photo of their ex, maybe?, but the amount of time they spend on it. When it comes to the biggest arguments in couples about social media, the complaint is always how much time a partner wastes on it.

Whether it’s because of Facebook usage or a partner’s behavior on it, for 25 percent of couples Facebook causes a fight at least once a week. People are fighting about it so often, that Facebook leads to confrontation in one in seven married couples, forcing the discussion of divorce to come up

3. Most Couple Keep Their Social Media Passwords From Their Partner

While marriage is supposed to be about everything, for a third of social media users, keeping their passwords private from the prying eyes of their partners is a must. The study also found that one in 10 of adults admit to hiding certain posts or message from their partners on Facebook.

4. Most Couple Have Secret Social Media Account

For those who are just tired of hiding their behavior on social media from their partner, getting really sneaky is the best way to go. It’s that group, eight percent of adults, who just have a secret social media account all together. At least that way they can’t feel bad about hiding posts or changing their password every other day to really make sure their partner is clueless, right?

5. Most Couple Doubt Their Relationship Because Of What They’ve Found On Facebook

According to the study, one in five people have found something on Facebook regarding their partner that has made them feel uneasy in their relationship. But despite that less than half of spouses confront their spouses about their discovery.

6. Majority Of Lawyers Use Social Media Evidence In Divorce Case

As McKinley Irvin points out, what a partner shares on online can also be shared in a courtroom during a divorce case. In fact, 81 percent of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers have used social media as evidence in cases, with the top three being state of mind while being on social media, communications on it, and the time and place of said events.

Read more >> https://www.onlinenaija.com/6-ways-social-media-ruining-realationship/

Re: 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Social media helps runz girls like me find true love and money kiss

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin

We have this saying "HOW YOU GET HIM IS HOW YOU LOSE HIM"

In this generation most of us met someone or our partner thru social media cheesy So, any couple shud spend less time on social media once you are already married juz to avoid these nasty circumstances...juz saying wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Facebook has been very helpful to me. Helps me to find out a lot of things people won't tell me on a normal day.
Re: 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by jericco1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
Not true
Re: 6 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Well some people found love on Facebook so there's some advantage to it as well.

(1) (Reply)

A Guy Need To Struggle To Make Easy Life For His Future Family / She Hates My Beards....should I Dump Her? / Love!!! Exclusively Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.