Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Created In God's Image And Likeness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Created In God's Image And Likeness (2935 Views)

LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? / In Deed We Are Created In God's Image And Likeness. Beautiful Handmade Of God / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

I keep telling you that you are as useless to Nairaland as the K in Knowledge. You could try engaging someone for a change and stop being a nuisance.

You actually believe you low life can summons me into a thread and have me do your bidding?

Get behind me satan.
And I keep on laughing

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

Sit down and run through your mind, is any female in your entire family called by that name? No, why? because it's for smart girls not for dumb bitches from the Peyer bloodline.
Getting funnier

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
iamgenius:
1) It's a foolish Ideology that humanity is created in the Image of God.
2) No one knows the Image of God but He claims to have ears, legs, eyes. His hearing, seeing, legs is not like that of any of His creations. Come to think of it, will God be a male or female, if His eyes were to be like ours(let's assume it's bigger than ours) it means He will only see what is in the front and see not what is behind. We have intestines, which is only available to animals that only eat for digestion. Such a blasphemy against God Almighty is a reprehensible claim which must be strongly shun and avoided.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
iamgenius:
1) It's a foolish Ideology that humanity is created in the Image of God.
2) No one knows the Image of God but He claims to have ears, legs, eyes. His hearing, seeing, legs is not like that of any of His creations. Come to think of it, will God be a male or female, if His eyes were to be like ours(let's assume it's bigger than ours) it means He will only see what is in the front and see not what is behind. We have intestines, which is only available to animals that only eat for digestion. Such a blasphemy against God Almighty is a reprehensible claim which must be strongly shun and avoided.
sharap dia.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Gracelilian:
Please friends help me to understand the followings:
Question
1. What does it mean that humanity is created in the image of GOD?

2. What is the image of GOD?

3. What does that have to do with our every day living?
If i were you, I'd report these skun.ks derailing your promising thread.

I would've contributed to your thread, but the urchins came at me with insults.

Reports us all.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

If i were you, I'd report these skun.ks derailing your promising thread.

I would've contributed to your thread, but the urchins came at me with insults.

Reports us all.
Bipolar disorder is disturbing you.

Kindly check who the OP is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:

Kindly check who the OPENING is
Hahahahahahaha. Little smelly skun.k who thought he could score a point at insulting me by posting his prostitute sister's pictures online. Yes, you are Bipolar free.

Ignoremodeactivated. Your armpits smells from there to here, i need fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hahn,ND co

MAKE UNA come laugh óò.

That moment when the frustration is REAL, you will quote the wrong person to post wrong message.

View the screen shot below.
Analice107 quoting iamgenius

1 Like

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:
Hahn,ND co

MAKE UNA come laugh óò.

That moment when the frustration is REAL, you will quote the wrong person to post wrong message.

So? This is a grand slam for your brainless head abi?

Make sense once in a while. Yes i made a mistake, what are you going to do about it?
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
And it's funny here the more.

After insulting iamgenius on page zero, she further came to insult him for quoting him wrongly

2 Likes

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by geoworldedu: 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:

Kindly check who the OP is
grin
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

So? This is a grand slam for your brainless head abi?

Make sense once in a while. Yes i made a mistake, what are you going to do about it?
What's happening?

The mods!!, they haven't landed yet oo
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6032623_4692055steadylaughgif53f52dbdfcedef5aa4e7ca0802ad639d_gifb94706db6ae0188855c763dc6f1d170f
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by adepeter2027(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hahahaha she met the wrong Peter tonight.....
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by hopefulLandlord: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
this is sad and pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by makydebbie(f): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

Hehehe, thanks girl. See? i dont even know his moniker, yet i'm accused of being best at this. Seriously i hardly remember to call on them.

The other Mod was called, then i remembered I was insulted too so called a Mod too, but didn't even know his Moniker. hahahaha.

Don't mind them jare, they think they're smart. grin
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by hahn(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:
Hahn,ND co

MAKE UNA come laugh óò.

She just needs somewhere to dump her frustration cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by Humanistme: 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:
Hahn,ND co

MAKE UNA come laugh óò.

ha ha ha many are mad..... cheesy
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by hahn(m): 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Humanistme:

And they seem to be roaming on nairaland cheesy grin
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Humanistme:

But you are roaming to and fro Nairaland like satan on earth.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. (Looking for what to steal, who to kill and destinies to destroy).
Job:1:7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by hopefulLandlord: 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Man created god in his own image and likeness

5 Likes

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2017
@Adepeters2027, lets answer your question here.

I said, no man can be renewed in Christ and still fall off or reject Christ. And you wanted to understand how.

Now, let me begin by saying this. To be re-newed means to make something afresh AGAIN.

The key word is 'AGAIN'. Why does it need renewing? What happened to it's former state? First of all it means, there was a former state which was better than what it became, hence it needs restructuring.

So, why does the soul of man needs transforming and renewing? It's becos the soul died.

But how does the soul (Consciousness) which is an eternal component of man dies?

The death of the spiritual entities is not the same as the death of the earthy entities. The death of the earthy entities causes us to cease to exists in the earthy realm. We disconnect from every activity taking place here. We are separated from those we love. Our bodies decay and vanish.

(A friend of mine is going to be buried today, 29 Sept 2017. He died in his sleep, he lived alone so no one knew he had died until 4days later.

A strong, agile and intelligent man, started decaying and smelling, that's how the living got to know he was gone). He is separated from us, but he is not dead, spiritually, No. there's another dead to die if he didn't receive the New Life which Christ offered while he lived.

To be Cont.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2017
Cc: @Adepeters2027

To understand what being renewed in Spirit means, we must first understand how we got to that state.

And this will also answers the Op.

Who are you? (Man).

Why are you created a man instead of a flower or an insect?

The Bible tells us that we are created in Gods image.

Question: What is the image of God?

Answer: The dictionary has told us that an image is an solid object, a statue, a figure of a man or animal we can see. And, Since we live in a material world, everything around us must be seen and felt, so we relate to these objects, for this is how we understand our world.

Hence; when we hear 'Image of God', the first thing flashing through our minds is a figure with a head, a body with hands, legs and all. But, is that what it is? No.

What then is the God?

Only one person has seen God so only him can tell us how God looks like, Jesus Christ (The God in human body).

John:6:46
No man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

And, the one who has seen the father said...

John:4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So, we see that God is Spirit yeah?

Now, who or what is a Spirit?

To be Cont.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Man created god in his own image and likeness
Very correct.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
@Gracelilian and Adepeters2027
What or who is a Spirit?
The Spirit is immortal: Meaning it lives for ever.
The Spirit is Invincible: Meaning it's indestructible.
The Spirit is Invisible: Meaning it can not be seen with physical eyes.
If God is a Spirit, then what is the image of God?
Immortality, invincibility, and invisibility.
If God created man in his image, who then is man?

1 Like

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by iamgenius(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

Very correct.
Òpònú, u are too blind to see what he wrote.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017
iamgenius:
Òpònú, u are too blind to see what he wrote.
You have no idea. I'm robing him down. i'll get to that.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by iamgenius(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2017
analice107:

You have no idea. I'm robing him down. i'll get to that.
God did not create us in His likeness, simple don't write rubbish again.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2017
@Adapeters2027.

So, if God created man in His Image, then it must necessarily mean that, man is primarily a spirit. He must then be immortal, invincible and invisible.

But, i can see and touch you.

Yes, you can.

Why?

because, although, a Spirit, I was created to live and function in a material realm called earth, Hence, I need an earthy component to enable me function in this realm. I needed flesh, a body, taken from this realm.

Genesis:2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The Lump of clay was never useful until God took the Spirit he had created and put in the lump of clay, the spirit activated the clay, and it became alive.

It could move, function and relate to and with his environment.

But, he had work to do. He was mandated to dominate, rule and take charge of his domain.

But, how could he do that without consciousness?

Now comes, the Likeness of God. God's creative abilities embedded in us.

Soul, Mind, emotions is our Consciousnesses.

The ability to relate, recognise, name things, recreate like God.

To be cont

2 Likes

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2017
iamgenius:

God did not create us in His likeness, simple don't write rubbish again.
How can you know that since we don't serve the same God.

Jehovah Elohim, means the God who creates.

Allah is not Jehovah. Get a grip.

1 Like

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2017
@AdePeters2027, Gracelilian.

Aside from administrating the earth, God created Man to have fellowship with us.

Most people think Fellowship is going to church, raising our hands to sing songs of praise to God.

Fellowship is very very deep. it transcends human comprehension. Anyone who understand what fellowshipping with God means, will understand what sex between two people means.

When we are told not to have Sex with someone who is not our spouses, we don't understand what happens in the spirit realm when our souls and spirits merges and becomes one. This is fellowship and few understand it.

And, this is why God created man, to have fellowship with him.

But...

Sin came in between and the fellowship got broken.

How did this happen?

T.B.C.

2 Likes

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2017
@Gracelilian.
Since God is a spirit, fellowshipping with Him must be done in Spirit right? Yes. that's why he also created man a spirit first before flesh.

The Spiritual Component of Man was what fellowshipped with God, but when man rebelled and declared independence from God, there was disengagement, a disconnection between them. The fellowship ceased. Man could no longer access God, that's becos, Man was never meant to go to God, God always came to man.

Why was there a disconnection?
because the part of Man which connects with God died as a result of Sin.

Sin, is an incurable decease of the Spirit. It Kills the Spirit just like Cancer kills the body.

Man died. Separated from his God, his life source, his essence.

To be Cont.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Homosapiens History Written By My Grandfather / How Do Your Body React After Viewing This Picture? / Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.