Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Created In God's Image And Likeness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Created In God's Image And Likeness (2936 Views)

LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? / In Deed We Are Created In God's Image And Likeness. Beautiful Handmade Of God / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

You mean like your sisters private part?
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

Why thanking me? It's nothing joor.

Sin no more wink and from now henceforth, I will be monitoring ya.
. You insult anybody we fight cheesy grin
You ehn grin
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
bennyann:
Ignore that. It came from somewhere.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
bennyann:

You know she's more than useful when it comes to Godly issues as this. Don't be shy to mention her with humility I beg. It won't change who you are wink
Nne, we have trashed that out.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Ignore that. It came from somewhere.

Ok sis
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Nne, we have trashed that out.

I just noticed dear sis. Pardon me embarassed
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
bennyann:

Ok sis
Yes dear. Happy Sunday. I hope you have recovered fully?
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Yes dear. Happy Sunday. I hope you have recovered fully?

cheesy I'm doing well big sis, all thanks to God. I feel so proud you asked. Thanks for caring even from a distance kiss
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
bennyann:

cheesy I'm doing well big sis, all thanks to God. I feel so proud you asked. Thanks for caring even from a distance kiss
Wow, from a distance? My heart is knitted to yours in Christ. We are different parts of the same body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bahaushe1: 12:58am On Oct 02, 2017
iamgenius:
1) It's a foolish Ideology that humanity is created in the Image of God.
2) No one knows the Image of God but He claims to have ears, legs, eyes. His hearing, seeing, legs is not like that of any of His creations. Come to think of it, will God be a male or female, if His eyes were to be like ours(let's assume it's bigger than ours) it means He will only see what is in the front and see not what is behind. We have intestines, which is only available to animals that only eat for digestion. Such a blasphemy against God Almighty is a reprehensible claim which must be strongly shun and avoided.

It is not a 'claim' but an affirmation that He(God) has those attributes you mentioned. Agreed with everything else in your comment.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bahaushe1: 1:05am On Oct 02, 2017
analice107:

lolzzzz, Muslim, this is beyond you, gerarahiaaaaa.

It is represenble to describe God in form of human attributes. He (God) is to be described in the way and manner He described Himself and in the way and manner His Prophets and Messengers described Him only.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by analice107: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
bahaushe1:

It is represenble to describe God in form of human attributes. He (God) is to be described in the way and manner He described Himself and in the way and manner His Prophets and Messengers described Him only.
Hello, Can you relegate yourself to allah? Allah is not Yahweh pls. Pls just go away.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by budaatum: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
I was considering starting a thread asking about the creation of God, but God in its infinitesimal wisdom made this thread appear so I'll add my 2pence.
Op, God is blessing you!

Gracelilian:
Please friends help me to understand the followings:
Question
1. What does it mean that humanity is created in the image of GOD?

By image, I'll assert we mean, How a thing appears to one, a sort of, 'What it looks like'. So, to be created in the image of God essentially means having the same character(istics), behaviour or nature.

Gracelilian:
2. What is the image of GOD?

God appears to many in different forms. To some its the Creator, to others the Father, to some a Spirit, a Cross, a Jesus, etc. But essentially, the Image of God is whatever one takes from ones religious book either in part, or, if possible, as a whole.

For those who read their Bible from start to the end as one should read a book, you'd note God's behaviour evolves all the way through so much like the historical behaviour of the human being to the extent that at one point God even sees the errors of its ways and changes behaviour and stops killing those who don't do its will but promises to forgive and forgive and forgive.

Gracelilian:
3. What does that have to do with our every day living?
We bloody atheists find it difficult to get this. Today we have quite a lot of information literally at our fingertips that we can't appreciate the significance of the appearance of the Bible in a time when the earth was dark and void. The God people also don't quite understand how big the bang would have been when 'light' became. But that's humans for you, constantly in a processes of becoming yet arguing they don't evolve.

The Image of God shows the course that humans follow such that someday, eventually, they would stop behaving like apes, put on some clothes and create a paradaisical existence where the lamb and lion will dwell in peace. As to how you should live depends on your evolutionary level of understanding and where you fit into the whole scheme of things, to borrow a phrase. You may be at stage 'child' of 'Thou shalt not', and go by that appetisingly named tree and not eat of it's fruit for fear you may die. Or you may grow up, eat the fruit and have your eyes opened so you can see!

I repeat, God blesses you op.

1 Like

Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by GodsMopol: 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
bennyann:

Benny, I think gracelillian will be blessed by what you have to say.

Thanks

Jiggaz, thanks for your contribution on fellowship
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by jiggaz(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
GodsMopol:

Thanks

Jiggaz, thanks for your contribution on fellowship
You welcome my bro.
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

Wow, from a distance? My heart is knitted to yours in Christ. We are different parts of the same body.
kiss
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by bennyann: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2017
GodsMopol:

Thanks

Jig.gaz, thanks for your contribution on fellowship

Dear, you've not answered if you are Hier
Re: Created In God's Image And Likeness by Hier(m): 4:10am On Oct 18, 2017
bennyann:

Dear, you've not answered if you are Hier

Loooool, you are lucky ma. I accidentally ran into this.

I get mentions on both monikers, but NL is no more what it use to be to me.

If you notice me, I rarely follow threads, even my thread, I just post and the word heals them of their infirmities.

Am sorry ma, but, I wasn't expecting you online, you, and luvmijej* rarely come online.

Many times, I don't want to be too attached to NL, so, I just ignore my mentions, sometimes, I view likes alone, I open my mentions on another tab, and I close them immediately they load without viewing them

Reason because, I don't and I have stopped viewing some threads on NL,esp debative threads, funny enough, many Christians esp originakalokalo and bloodofthelamb,even KingEbukasblog now seem to be debative this days. Well, Asuustrike2009 is quite providing an answer for the reason he's upholding the faith.

Religion section is no more what it is, Hahn hardly come online, adepeter2027 rarely come online, akintom rarely come online, well, otematum sometimes comes around, obinna58 also, don't seem to use this platform, luvmijeje, enshy, mzngo40 (mzlady39) n co find this platform very boring.

Well, as for me, I feel I should just provide post for prospective readers of this section in the line of Christianity. I came in this day, all the threads were either atheist yelling at the regret they had serving an unknown God under a religious and doctrinal umbrella, or some Christians are disputing evolution or creation or big bang theories.

I also notice, Muslims now find this section now catchy, so, it seem Seun is pleased with everything, and oan4j seems to be moderating about 5 sections, not only that, Muslims has about 2 moderators, religion has 1/5 moderators. So, I don't take this site serious, its more like a diary to me now.

Well, I might check my mentions, but I pray am led

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today / Dance Drama/ Choreography / SERMON : The Portrait Of The Enemy - Bro. Gbile Akanni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.