Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 (8759 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by TheOne2(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2010
I know someone (a girl) who travelled to the UK on another person's passport, married a guy who had earlier married his cousin to get kpali. Now she's legit. The funny thing is that while she lives with her husband and kids (they are both working), they claim officially to be divorced and she's just been given a council house to boot. This to me informs why some of these social workers can be disbelieving of Nigerians.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2010
I don't see why this lady should be given special treatment. Should the British taxpayer fund every foreign lady that was abandoned by her husband? This lady claims that she is educated but if she really is she would have known that the visa they stamped on her passport was a visitor's one and not one for permanent stay. I don't believe that she was that silly to be working as she said she was and had not known that she was doing so illegally.

There are millions of British citizens and LEGAL immigrants currently looking for work in the UK so why should this lady jump the queue so to speak? And even if she was allowed to work would she be capable of getting a job that would earn enough to look after her and her four kids and her mother. And what about her mother, a lady who has probably spent most of her life in Nigeria and who has not paid any British taxes which fund the NHS. Why should she get free NHS treatment over another 75 year old Nigerian citizen who is legally in the UK and has worked all their life here and paid taxes?

As I said her story is sad but I don't see why I, a British tax payer should be paying for her to stay. She should present herself to immigration so she can be offered assistance back home. I can't see immigration allowing her to stay anyway as she is nothing more than an economic migrant and she is not fleeing persecution in Nigeria. Methinks she had better start making preparations for her departure.

CRAP. load of it if you ask me.

As if we dont know how you ended-up with 'british Pali'

hisssss.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 11:45am On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

CRAP. load of it if you ask me.

As if we dont know how you ended-up with 'british Pali'

hisssss.

I am British by birth, and your issue with that is?

vanitty:

Wasn' aware that NHS was a third world organisation that can't afford to take cater for both a 75 year old lady and Ade + kids undecided

Third world organisation or whatever you chose to call it is not the issue here. Why should they be entitled to what they haven't contributed to? The NHS isn't a free service after all we the British tax payers are taxed to the hilt to pay for it.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2010
The One:

I know someone (a girl) who travelled to the UK on another person's passport, married a guy who had earlier married his cousin to get kpali. Now she's legit. The funny thing is that while she lives with her husband and kids (they are both working), they claim officially to be divorced and she's just been given a council house to boot. This to me informs why some of these social workers can be disbelieving of Nigerians.

How did she do that? So does that mean she is now existing in Britain under a different identity from the one she was born and that her children also exist under that identity? What a sacrifice.[
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2010
EloSela:

I am British by birth, and your issue with that is?

Third world organisation or whatever you chhose to call it is not the issue here. Why should they get what they didn't pay for? The NHS isn't a free service after all we the British tax payers are taxed to the hilt to pay for it.

yeah and how did your parents got the british pali?
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

yeah and how did your parents got the british pali?

They were born in Britain, again your issue is?
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by r231(m): 11:58am On Mar 09, 2010
EloSela:

why are you answering him/her
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by splashbaby(m): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
r231:

bull CRAP
Hmmmm differrent strokes for different folks!
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2010

Good and how did your grand-parent got the British Pali?

why are you answering him/her

Let her answer. She started the topic and turn it to load of CRAP!
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by doggyall: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

Grand-parent were bought as slave to UK. So whats your beef with that!
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by TemiladeE1(f): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
doggyall:

grin grin grin
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

What have you been smoking?
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by MrCartha: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
justwise:

What have you been smoking?
Weed ma broda, weed!!! grin grin grin
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
Mr. Cartha:

Weed ma broda, weed!!! grin grin grin

I have to agree with u
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by MrCartha: 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
And not even 1 with good quality grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by doggyall: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
Temilade£:

grin grin grin

Temmy, am just curious about those twins of yours on your profile pix, !
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by proudly9ja(m): 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
doggyall:

Temmy, am just curious about those twins of yours on your profile pix, !
dis guy, y u mention am? out of curiousity I had to look, now you don let me commit sin!

Temi, thou shalt not tempt a brother o! grin grin grin
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
doggyall:

grin cheesy

otawa:

Yes I started the topic but I didn't write the article did I? Now instead of having bad belle over me and my family's British citizenship what is your contribution to the topic?
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hmmmm. . . . .
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
Yes I started the topic but I didn't write the article did I? Now instead of having bad belle over me and my family's British citizenship what is your contribution to the topic?

now we know how your grand-parents got british pali as slaves and thereby making you british born!

It is not in your worth to be talking CRAP about british taxe payers.

Leave the lady alone, in another 20yrs her grand kids will be able to say they were born british too.

More people from Nigeria are welcome to UK, it is not easy but you can make the sacrifice today for your FUTURE GENERATIONS just like Elosela grand parents did for him.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by member479760: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
Tax payer money or not this is simple pay-back era they must pay via their nose.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by vanitty: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
EloSela:

Third world organisation or whatever you chose to call it is not the issue here. Why should they be entitled to what they haven't contributed to? The NHS isn't a free service after all we the British tax payers are taxed to the hilt to pay for it.

And I suppose the other woman featured born in Lewisham with 11 kids claiming benefit contributes as well
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Busybody2(f): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ Employ your brains for once, gosh, this ain't just about this lady, link the page to the Lewisham mother with 11 kids, and you don't need to be a rocket science to know that the OP's response would be the same if said woman is a leech too, jeebus how hard can this be undecided undecided undecided
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

now we know how your grand-parents got british pali as slaves and thereby making you british born!

It is not in your worth to be talking CRAP about british taxe payers.

Leave the lady alone, in another 20yrs her grand kids will be able to say they were born british too.

More people from Nigeria are welcome to UK, it is not easy but you can make the sacrifice today for your FUTURE GENERATIONS just like Elosela grand parents did for him.

The lady will be deported as she has no claim to stay in the Uk and is not fleeing persecution in Nigeria. It is all very well to feel sorry for but there are millions of others like her in Nigeria and Britain can not look after them all. If the rules are bent for her whose to say they can't be bent for another?

This lady will not be able to support her 75 year old mother and four children on any likely wage on a job she may qualify for. One just can't come into the country and use up the services of its people for free.

How would you like it if I came to your house with my four children and demanded food and shelter just like that? How would you feel knowing that you had dependents in your house who were more entitled to that food and shelter and were under a lot of strain because you were forced to house and feed me to?
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
vanitty:

And I suppose the other woman featured born in Lewisham with 11 kids claiming benefit contributes as well

Well one is British the other is not. As Busy said 'Employ your brain!"

Britain already has millions of people on benefit and the mother in Lewisham is one of them but her situation can't be helped because she is Britain's responsibilty. The Nigerian mother is not.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by obi123: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
sad, true, but this is not the case of living in England , but a case of being misled by a stupid and idiotic man.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
The lady will be deported as she has no claim to stay in the Uk and is not fleeing persecution in Nigeria.

if same 'white-British' had deported your grand parents, you wont be here today talking CRAP.

arrogant nonsense. See 'Black-British(my foot)', they always know more.

You know what shout all you can, your 'bad belle' wishes to this lady and her family can never stop them.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by EloSela(f): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
otawa:

if same 'white-British' had deported your grand parents, you wont be here today talking CRAP.

arrogant nonsense. See 'Black-British(my foot)', they always know more.

You know what shout all you can, your 'bad belle' wishes to this lady and her family can never stop them.

The ony person talking 'CRAP' here is you. Leave race out of it. It is either you are British or you are not!

I am being realistic. She will be deported back to her country. Nigeria is a great country and her people can make it greater if they stay put and work for it.

And please leave my grandparents out of this conversation. We are talking about the here and now and not what the immigrations laws were in 1946 when my grandparents came over.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by r231(m): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
hmmmmmm

do you have something against this girl's grandparents

cus you kept going on and on about them come on mehn show some respect

this don't have nothing to do with them
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Busybody2(f): 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
[s]Otawa's bad belle is simply that he/she was not born in the UK and is prolly not legit, so is gonna do all in his/her might to make sure all his/her generation is born in the UK cool cool cool[/s]
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by proudly9ja(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
@busybody.
take it easy on d guy o, lol grin grin
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by SeXyBoNE: 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
God! The Alpha and Omega, help your children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture of Broad Street - Lagos (1951) / Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) / Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.