Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 (8758 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by crown22: 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2010
NO SWEET WITHOUT SWEAT
AFTER RAINFALL COMES SUNSHINE
SOME HAVE SUFFERED MORE THAN THAT AND THEY ARE NOW SMILING
I PRAY YOU WILL GET YOUR PAPERS SOON
AND START GETTING OWO BABA AND OWO MAMA AND OWO OMO
YOU WILL SURVIVE AND SMILE AT LAST
WHENEVER WE LEAVE OUR COUNTRY WE MUST PREPARE FOR EVENTUALITIES
"MAY YOUR ROAD BE ROUGH"-TAI SOLARIN
I THANK GOD THAT I CAME IN WITH A WORK PERMIT
I DID NT KNOW ANYBODY,I WAS ACCOMMODATED IN A CHURCH FOR 3 MONTHS
THEN I GOT A JOB,GOT A ROOM ,GOT PERMANENT STAY AND STILL FORGING AHEAD
YOU WILL SOON SMILE,PRAY AND SEEK HELP.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by muyiserra: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
yeah it a big pity, and for her husband he should be ashamed of himself for hitting a lady.
To Nigerians, still leaving in Nigeria, pls o it not easy here the way most of you think it is.
Thinkin you could just come here, c a white man of go to a factory n immediately you will
be given employment haha you go old.

The story seems odd becos i know by law the children were suppose to be taken from her
till she could be able to provide proves that she has a job.

wel it could be that the Child law here in Spain is different from that in London but I doubt. undecided
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by crown22: 1:04am On Mar 10, 2010
I agree with you that the facts there were grossly exaggerated and full of fictions
THOUGH NIGERIANS IN UK DONT REALLY HELP BUT IN HER SITUATION MANY WILL HELP HER
I KNOW OF A WOMAN WITH 4 KIDS AND NO JOB AND ILLEGAL
AND PEOPLE STILL HELP HER AND HER KIDS
THE WOMAN SHOULD ALSO TRY RELIGIOUS AND VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS
LIFE IN UK IS NOT ALL THAT BAD BUT INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES STILL VARY
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by crown22: 1:06am On Mar 10, 2010
celebration is on the way
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by idifu(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2010
sad
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Konjour(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
the story is quite dicey,it might be a ploy to get some freesomes,and it might be genuine anyway,save for the regressive movement of things in 9ja,the best bet would be a return for her,but if she has laboured so much over there for so long,it'll make more sense if she decides to stay back and eat the impendin' fruit of her 'labour'. cool
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Devonian(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
Over the last 10 years, I’ve personally encountered Nigerians here in the UK who had done unimaginable things under the sun to seek help from churches and charities. They got free accommodation, free food vouchers, clothing materials, and were helped by British citizens including MPs—who were moved by the horrific circumstances in which these Nigerians knowingly put themselves—to secure papers to remain in the UK.

AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED THIS IS A SCAM

Ade claims, “it was a huge shock because it meant I was here illegally.” How can this be a huge shock to Ade? Did she fill out the application form which was subsequently submitted to the home office? Did she get any UKBA acknowledgement letter confirming receipt of her application? If she didn’t what effort did she make to contact UKBA to make enquiries? Was she fully involved in the process of bringing her mum and children over here from Nigeria, and how did they (Ade and her husband) go about it? Was she fully involved (i.e. attend a social service interview) in the process of obtaining her own National Insurance (NI) card and number which, in addition to the visa stamped on her passport, she would need to gain an employment? Did she not personally provide her employer with her NI Card and passport carrying her visa stamp? What I‘m saying, in essence, is that Ade must have known her immigration status before the matter degenerated to the point where she and her 4 children and her 79 year old mother had to be sleeping in the saloon. She must have known that she’s living and working illegally in the UK before her husband deserted her. To this end what she should have done is:

1) Send her mum back to Nigeria
2) Leave her first two kids with her Uncle rather than burden her uncle’s family home with 6 people (half a football team)
3) Secure work in the black market to maintain herself and the two younger kids—she (presumably) already knew she was here, living and working, illegally
4) Seek help from religious and nonreligious organisations. Nigerian churches, mosques, and organisations can, sometimes, be very helpful in helping people in Ade’s situation.
5) Re-marry to someone who’s legally here and who’s prepared to marry her in spite of her baggage. Through this, she can legalise her stay in the UK. Or remain as illegal. If lucky enough not to encounter UKBA until she's spent 14 years, apply for ILR on the basis of Long Residence.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by TemiladeE1(f): 8:55am On Mar 11, 2010
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by oliky(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2010
We naija's could be so heartless sometimes,imagine some of us here making so much noise of this womans situation,in my opinion many of us dont have a heart of helping our own,thats why we are being lead by a government that does'nt have a heart of helping her own.

Ade definitely does not want to be offered handouts if she could work with her own hands,although i believe she could still do some odd jobs to have a few little pounds paper or no paper,but that still would not be enough for her to take care of herself and her kids.We probably dont know what her situation is in naija,if things could possibly look good in naija,i believe she should consider home but am sure she has done the comparism already,as in her situation in naija and her situation here,at all at all in naija is worse than at all at all in the UK.In the UK,if u can still hussle,you will survive.We should pray that the home office just have mercy and favor her,she would still be far well off if she can be given the opportunity to work,husband or no husband.

I just pray for favor for her so she can be independent on her own,even if na security work she continue in the UK,she would be better off than going back home in her situation.According to her,she can fend for herself if she can be allowed to work.

Imagine folks here hacking her of wanting to collect tax payers money for herself and her kids,i dont think she would be doing that if she can be allowed to fend for herself.The mistake has been done already,na solution be the koko for now.
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by AkoEja: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
Some Nigerians prefer to be a slave anywhere else in the world, than be a king or queen in Nigeria. Of course if this lady goes to Nigeria, she will struggle, as in Nigeria, you have to look after yourslef and your family on your own. However, she and her children have no life in Britain.
S

Many Nigerians deceive themselves that living in an the UK or US is always better than living in Nigeria, I pity them
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by otawa: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2010
Some Nigerians prefer to be a slave anywhere else in the world, than be a king or queen in Nigeria. Of course if this lady goes to Nigeria, she will struggle, as in Nigeria, you have to look after yourslef and your family on your own. However, she and her children have no life in Britain.
S

Many Nigerians deceive themselves that living in an the UK or US is always better than living in Nigeria, I pity them

May be you should go ask the people in JOS whose families were just massacred.

And please leave my grandparents out of this conversation. We are talking about the here and now and not what the immigrations laws were in 1946 when my grandparents came over.

CRAP. UK is a white country and it remains same UK either in 1870 or 2090!

Any black there is second hand product. Your wish for this lady and her kids will not come through.

She is doing for her kids what your grandparents did for your parents.

It is known that BLACKs never want other BLACKs to progress; you just confirmed it!
Re: Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2010
^^^GBAM! U just say my mind. I lv d last paragraph. . . . . . . . . .9G neva want fellow 9G's to progress. Noticed that lng tym, just too greedy.
As 4 d woman & her children, God almighty wil c them tru! (Amen)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture of Broad Street - Lagos (1951) / Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) / Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.