Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (38972 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by toprealman: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Florblu:
Babe, please travel out of the country that's if your friend is capable of securing you a permanent visa. Over there you can earn money with your skill(making bags) and go to school as well.

making bags kwa.....from her story or another version?
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Baba shebi ashawo never reach Us, Uk and Canada abi?

E don tey wey e dey there. But there are less chances or some traffickers confiscating your passport and turning you into a sex slave in these countries.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by DaveHert(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

I laff in spanish.

I might not win an intellectual debate, but I would definitely win a professional debate against them.

I was once an A student, until I stopped cramming and started reading to understand.

the first class grads are a group of crammers.

la cramm la pour.

I had them as friends, some of them from LASU, so I know.
see there's is a difference between excelling academically and excelling professionally.

You can be getting A's in school, but when your in the field , its a different ball game entirely.

**Laughing in French** grin

I don't need you explaining the difference between excelling academically (at the expense of your personal growth - career wise) and your individual self development (at the detriment of your academics).

Its even more so for an aspiring programmer and software developer like myself, in computer science you are expected to study and cram theoretical jargons that aren't even useful in the real world, you have to either settle for that or break out of the norm and prioritize your own personal growth. I get your point, but still it doesn't mean the first class graduate is by any means stupid for simply choosing to do what society deems "academic excellence".

In the real world companies like Schlumberger, Julius Berger, Shell and Total strictly employs first class graduates from prominent universities knowing fully well they lack practical hands on experience but they make up for it in their theoretical knowledge. Hence, they tend to send them abroad for a few months internship training program, where they gain hands on experience before putting them in active roles in the field. They in turn give back to the company by excelling in their roles in the field.

The gamble taken by these companies is all the proof that these students already have what it takes to succeed professionally, all they need is a little polishing to get the best out of them.

And lastly, i think you are confusing a first class graduate for a crammer, You can not be a crammer and graduate with a first class. A crammer is in no way analytic or really intellectual per say, all you are good for is reproducing already existing materials, that is not an A+ student or a first class graduate.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by amokeme(f): 1:34am On Oct 03, 2017
Confused977:

Send me ur number. The email wahala tire me.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
kimbraa:
You guys don't like being told the truth. grin
Don't let anybody intimidate you HND is rubbish.
Is it not this same Nigeria wey we day.
It is when they apply for better job they will know the power of Bsc
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Confused977: 7:34am On Oct 04, 2017
amokeme:

Good morning. I have replied the Pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot)