Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (38971 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Follow ur heart

Tho I'd advice you continue with ur business then u can apply for an online course to further more
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mrphysics(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
1. Not to exaggerate, I make a minimum of 40 to 45k a month as my own.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Pls I am open to any form of advice. God bless.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
I can't really remember usernames embarassed
The world is fast changing, don't use the Nigerian scenario to predict the future. Go to school and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by TellMeNothing: 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Focus on your Business. Young woman i repeat Focus on your business. Further your education, but go for degree instead of HND.. With your Ond you can get direct entry admission.. .
And on your priority scale, Business should come first...
I repeat Business should come first.

Dont live Naija yet.. I repeat build your business.. If possible diversify.. The small money you spend untop travel, use am re invest and expand.... You are going abroad to go and work for another man to survive but in Naija you are a boss and running an ambition... You are in control
Yes your business is your ambition.. And with time you will grow.. Na me de tex you

Focus on your business Give yourself two years and see the success..
By then school sef go be small thing and u will not need to create thread to ask decision to take because Money go dun dae grin...

Lol, forget my typing oh.. Just get the message. Stay in Naija and build you Business. Simple

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by babyfaceafrica: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
All these detailers set,OP..finish your end and keep doing your husiness

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mrphysics(m): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
Florblu:

Yes,but please make sure you stay focus and don't throw away all you've learnt and the inbuilt morals
You guys think life is easy outside. Keep deceiving young ladies. She will go out and face racism which will push her into prostitution.

The world is fast changing, and you want her to remain low at the echelon of life. You heard her say she can wash plates outside, while that is good, the problem is that she will just be negligible in the food chain.

you could have encouraged her to keep doing what she is doing. Her base will soon expand and 40k will just be nothing

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mrphysics(m): 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
All these detailers set,OP..finish your end and keep doing your husiness
Don't mind her. She can't pay the bills and tax outside. She will remain low at the echelon of life. She have started growing in Nigeria and instead of continuing, she wants to mess it up. Even Dangote is still in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by MrBigiman: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
If u can sell bags and still afford HND den do it. Going abroad without assistance can be challenging, but after ur school u can den try to venture out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by nnamdiosu(m): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:

Thanks and God bless you my dear friend. I know say me I be all weather even if na to wash plate, me I can. So far it's legit... I can. Shebi make I find way travel Abi? Since the money dey my hand now so that I no go give in to pressure of joining HND AS form Don dey close. embarassed
Hi. Travelling abroad......which country are we refering too? Its important to state it ...

2. Ask your self...why do u want to travel out?? Here in naija u are making 40-45k bah? Y not save and re invest into ur biz?

3. Lastly....what plan are u going to execute there? What job does yiur friend do. Pls be careful. All that glitters aint gold.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
kimbraa:
I would advice you don't take whatever your friend overseas is saying seriously 'cause you could end up in a brothel in a foreign land as a prostitute. They know how to traffic naive girls.

Secondly, HND is as good as O'level in the Nigerian labour market. If you were able to school and venture into entrepreneurship then I'll advice you further your education while continuing what you've been doing in the past.
Confused977, I think you should take Kimbraa's advice.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

From your name I take it you're a Christian
With the situation of things in the country, my advice to u is seven fold:
1. Dedicate 3 days to fast and pray for divine guidance on the next step to take
2. Live a frugal life and save as much as you can
3. Keep you ears on the ground at all times with regard to career and skill development
4. Continuously empower yourself intellectually
5. Get ICT knowledge
6.Forget about your friend abroad-it may be an avenue to prostitution, she might even be a love-vendor over there
7 Write UTME and get a direct entry form into a federal university

God bless

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by fvckme(f): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
If ur friend Na From Edo
No go ooo...
So u won’t become somebody that Condom should have prevented please

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Emmey67: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
@ Op please focused more on your business and your education in Nigeria probably a B.sc degree.

Your travelling should be kept aside for now. Only travel if you get a scholarship or Good person over that will be able to take of you for 6 months until you are stable.

You are such an hardworking girl, your parents will be proud of you.

Keep up that business instinct is the best.

#GoGirl

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by BabbanBura(m): 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Am interested in your future - whether advancing the business or the school option. Let's talk pls.
Cheers
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:

Thanks and God bless you my dear friend. I know say me I be all weather even if na to wash plate, me I can. So far it's legit... I can. Shebi make I find way travel Abi? Since the money dey my hand now so that I no go give in to pressure of joining HND AS form Don dey close. embarassed

But what if the job waiting for you there is prostitution?

What will u do, after landing safely there and the rules of the real game is being spelt out to you, without sugar coating.

Am wary about this yur friend.

It's not always greener at the other side.

Why not complete your school, sale your bags as well. Then get a shop, increase your clientele and u can even extend to make up as well or even shoes.

For me it's safe and better here than travelling abroad for a so called job. Nigeria will balance one day.

The washing of plates jobs at been taken.
What remains is either farm jobs or prostitution.

It all depends on you at the end.

Abroad jobs without the proper certificate is like selling yourself to modern slavery. Don't be deceived. Life is tough everywhere.

What u make out of A tough situation is what counts at the end.

Think wisely

For me, am very wary travelling abroad for one imaginary job.. My body cannot handle prostitution at all. So think smart.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
Before I advise you, you must organize birthday party for my babe.
After all you're a comfortable girl.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ptwealth: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Plz save urself d strength. Is not easy dy way we think xpanding ur bizness shuld b wat u r finking now mking 45k monthly is a big money plz fix urself up in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by phemmytom: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
you've actually asked for the right help which you think we can proffer in other to have the the problem solved.

but i wouldn't want you to leave 'The God' option out of the matter. pray and i believe He will lead you aright.

ish 30 vs 21, jere 6 vs 16 . try it out

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
kimbraa:
In order not to come off as Rude, egoistic, like you've labelled me or saucy. I think you're a HND holder and found my comment offensive. If you're truthful to yourself, that certificate places a cap on you in the labour market and if you're not a mediocre who's comfortable with her achievement, you'd want to acquire higher degrees which is for your own good. I think I've said enough, goodnight.
madam, do you know banks recruit ND holders as contract staffs? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Jacktheripper: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
Your moniker alone is enough for me to take you for granted......... Mtcheew
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by PunditAfrica(m): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Love! Face and strife to grow ur Biz first.. Myself I have a degree BT each time I remember d labour, the money and all d sacrifices I made to have dt certificate, I wish I had invested it in d current Biz am into now.. I most likely wl b a made guy right now. See babe, money is all you need first and not certificate. 2face, Olamide dem drop school to face money hustle, today 2face has many honorary degree certificate than many lecturers.. Pasuma too has certificate... Most degree guys r fucking broke and useless now.. And already u have OND,, that is good enough, focus on ur Biz.. You can have ur HND anytime,, even degree or anything as long u r financially secured!
Don't go abroad too unless you r sure of immigration legitimacy and what ur friend does there.. Also, d potential in Nigeria for entrepreneurship is huge that ur bag Biz can make you! Keep d fire burning and b focus,, you sure wl b made!!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by goodnewscliff(m): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:

So you advice I keep doing what I am doing and look out for a university or continue with the polytechnic?
YESSSSS!!!! what u have is what u re 100 percent sure of nd nobody can steal dat away from you! !!! life is full of uncertainties weda in 9ja or abroad!!! leaving d country doesnt determine weda u make it!!! work with what u re sure of in 9ja. ..finish ur hnd!! u can always travel anywhere anytime....a bird in hand is better

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by lifestyle1(m): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the difference between a HND holder and an SSCE holder in the labour market?. I can't even compare a HND holder to a B.Sc holder 'cause I'll be doing the HND holder a favour.

And what if your boss is an HND or OND holder, what will you do ?

Not everyone will work for people , some creates Jobs irrespective of their qualification.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Mjshexy(f): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello girlfrnd, i'd advice you finish up your schooling and continue your business on the side. Dropping out now may lead to a set back later on in life, education is key.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by ruffDiamond: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Berra face ya business here
U fit end up as olosho for one joint abroad I dey tell u
No be everything dey shine na gold
Daxzal

"Coughs*barman bring me another origin abeg! angry* to hell with the so called slavery ,I mean dependence day .mtchewww
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by dagreat4(f): 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Babe, face front. Dust Ur books N return to class..ur biz is on d go N shud be low key so ur school work won't suffer too much. If your friend really mean to help, let her send you stuff to sell and return the money till you are able to travel on ur own eida to stay or for biz. My 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

I really like your drive towards life. That bn said, l think you should pls listen to the voice of reasoning. I belif you are determined to make it no matter how rough it could get from your testimony.
However, dear leaving the country for "greener" pastures is alwys heavens wen we are bn told d stories, but it cud become diff wen we experience it firsthand, esp in countries like the one you av mentioned.
Noting in ds world can substitute a baseline degree, wch in ur case wud be ur HND. Dont get rushed because of the idea dt ur at a certain crossroad and any decision now can make or mar U.
From the little l av gathered frm foral and discussions, to make it big "abroad" still requires to a vry good extent some level of your certificate. You have to work for money dr also.
Above all, pray for God's guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by lifestyle1(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
Continue with your business and complete your education on part time basis.

Either HND or Bsc. It doesn't matter because i don't see you work for anyone, people will work for you.

Forget the idea of traveling to Dubai.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by ipledge10(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.
please don't go...

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by fuckumods(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:

God bless you Bro and thanks for taking your time to read.
Firstly, I have really been on the travel section and I have read the pains of been an illegal immigrant. So If traveling turns out best then it's either I patiently follow due process or nothing.
Secondly bro no naaa I ain't desperate I am just weighing the options before me. I am only scared of going broke and like I keep reading here, no MAN WANTS A BROKE ASS. Now, Should I go back to school, what guarantee do I have I will get a job after school ? As I do not know anyone in "High places" if that doesn't pawn out well then who go gree give me money to start business again. Abeg who?
Remember
I said the money I have now, once I register for school will only be used totally for payment of bills I.e accommodation, school fees and so on... Please check it again and see what ur opinion is finally. Thanks.

Madam face ur business and education... U were able to grow(financially) while doing both...

But meanwhile that ur friend na bad person ooo... Trust me, she isn't living well in "Dubai"...

DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT TRAVEL YET OR U MIGHT END UP LOSING EVERYTHING U HAVE WORKED FOR...

When the time is right for U to travel, U won't be confused!!!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by stacyadams: 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
grin grin i know women who suffered to go to university,,auctioned their poosie to feed while in school,sorted lecturers wit pooosie,,paid tuition fees and after all the school stress and nysc wahala still ended up as house wives and baby factories....and i ask,,for what??this naija attitude of go to school is outdated jor grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ekealterego: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
Madam, no matter what you do, don't venture abroad based on your friend's enticements. I see so many girls trapped in Europe in perpetual slavery. Any trip abroad you cannot make research yourself to ventured into, or know what implications lie therein with official reports is likely to be a trap. DON'T!
Just continue with your craft, do more research and training to learn more.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by djojo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
No matter how much u trust in your friend she will never open up fully on what she is doing in Dubai, those Arabs aren't nice at all cos when u get there and the only option u av is to join prostitution then ur phobia for sex will go if hunger wire u.
I will advise u since u started the bag stuff while doing ur ND why not continue with ur HND and ur bag cos u can actually handle the two together, u should make urself understand that u are going to school not for the purpose of sourcing for white collar job but to upgrade ur urself intellectually and to be able to expand ur scope of business. What is glaring to u is different from what u are not clear of. If u are a guy I would av advice u travel but being a lady those Arabs will want to take advantage of u most especially if u are pretty. Lastly pray to God for define intervention let God lead u. "Abo oro lansofunomoluwabi to bade inue a di odindin" a word is enough for you wise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.