Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (38969 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Confused977: 9:45am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=61024261] The fact that you seek advice here does not require you to nickname a moniker "confused977" . What you call yourself matters, how you see yourself also matters. After this tumbling ensure to pick another moniker that picks your taste for whom you are.[/quote

I'm sorry bro. U right..thanks.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by liricaliblunt(f): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2017
Grow your business, if by the instability in the economy, I will advice you to diversify. It is not like you are not educated , you have an ND, what's the rush for an HND , I won't even advice that, best you go for a university degree.
It is money, comfort ,you seek, you are already in the act, making money. Sweetheart ,focus on the business, it is working for you. Focus and grow it. Don't even think of leaving it solely for education or traveling out.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by ifyain: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Please stay in Nigeria and plan your life, there is nothing abroad. you will sacrifice your whole life in America working and at the end you will lose everything.you will joggle work and child care, that is if you are lucky to find a husband, the kids will grow up and won,t have time to come around to visit you when you are old, you will end up in an old peoples home. the price is too much to pay my dear. but in Nigeria if you are lucky to make it and probably don,t die in road accident, kidnappers dens or sudden death, then you will enjoy paradise on earth.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Good morning Sir. I really appreciate your response, God bless.

I have been researching about Malaysia as I read that if I could get a student Visa I could get a job that could help me while I school too. But it ain't a final thought as I am open to other options of any country that could allow me work and school be it the US or UK or any good country should it turn out the travel option stands out.
Waiting for ur reply thanks.

Is it that u haven't read the tonnes of advice that hàs been dropped for u, yet u insist on going out, was it not advice you came here to seek?

My dear, its not as it seem, my sis is in Australia and its really not easy. Don't make a stupid decision, in fact I can tell u categorically that if u do, u will burn your feet, its not as it seem over there o, u make 40k a month build on it, The abroad is only suitable for the wealthy, and business men, yet they still come back home. I really pity u o, it seems your friend is d only person that u know outside Nigeria, if people there tell u their story u will thank God, I have a lot of people there, even a jobless me is better than many of them, can u imagine someone who travelled out for over 10 years unable to come back home to bury his mother because he is still struggling. One has hunch back because of d heavy load he carries on his back in d name of hustling, my mother's friend has been worn out by work because she works almost 24hrs a day, she so looks older than her age. The stories go on like that, hmmm, u never see anything.

With all ur money, look 4 a good business and expand ur current business, I repeat, its not as it seems on TV, all that glitters isn't gold, a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush.

A live hungry dog is better than a well fed dead lion.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by otijah(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
God will guide you dear
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by bonario1: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
1. Not to exaggerate, I make a minimum of 40 to 45k a month as my own.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Pls I am open to any form of advice. God bless.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
I can't really remember usernames embarassed
my personal experience I graduated from polytechnic this year as a full time student with HND degree while I am still running my own business although I do miss some lectures and I am even thinking of not going for my NYSC because of my business.
my advice for you is to continue doing your business while you enroll for your HND program you can study in your state in order to keep your existing customers.
Going back to school for HND will help you grow your customer because you will get to know more people.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Yhelay(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
Don't take my post personal. My point is, she should further to get a higher playing field than her fellow HND holders. I never said I'm better 'cause anyone with common sense will know that OND/HND in Nigerian labour market is equivalent to SSCE though you might think it's better.

I don't agree, make enquiries, companies prefer HND holder to Bsc holders these days due to 1. experience and 2. low salary structure
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by dultmax(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
I love your post...

You are matured even more than your age...Your experience in the real world makes you self independent and there is nothin more than being self reliant.

With your age.....God has shown you the way and here is a list of what you have achieved...
1. You are independent.
2. You have acquired a skill
3. You are a good marketer
4. You have the market

The path to economic freedom is being able to answer 3 question which you have solved....what to produce, how to produce and for whom to produce....this is the skill dangote has that makes him who he is.....not that hnd or phd....There are people with phd who lives under 30k monthly...so you see...you are a success.

Now..with your age...you can increase your market database even in school.....so if you like...please enroll...but....not that necessary....Bill gates is a school dropout

What you needed most right now is Family...I mean a supportive Husband....Not traveling here and there....if you will travel at all...let ur hubby be the one to say lets go or your business should push you out. Dont abandon the market you have created......once you leave this country...someone else will take over...remember the sayin....a bird in hand is better than millions in the bush...and u r startin over somewhere else...you are facing another competition....dont be fooled with the greenand overseas...not all that glitters is golden

CONTINUE WITH YOUR BUSINESS, LEARN TO EXPAND IT, PRAY FOR A GOOD HUSBAND, AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE....
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by hamlak(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2017
God has blessed you. You built a business while in your ND.

What you do is FOCUS on your business and expand it. MAKE IT BIGGER.
Become rich and if you still feel like it, you can enroll in a private university
or even do an online degree program.

Education is by no means an END in itself. It is only a means to an END.

Let me break this down for you. You go to school to learn to read an write.
With this, you hope to come out and get a better Job and be in a better position
to make money.

Education does not guarantee that you will make Money. It just may give you a
slight edge. But now this may not hold true with so many people having the papers.

So you are considering travelling abroad or going back to school? What for? To give you a chance to get MONEY - Something you are already achieving here. What if you travel and it turns out bad? What if you go back to the school and later come out and then you no longer have the business? Sometimes life does not always turn out the way we expect. There are always the good and the bad. it is 50/50 chance all the time. So factor in a 50% chance that travelling can turn out bad. Have you thought of that?

This is why I said God already blessed you sweet heart. You do not need to throw this away for anything.

If you travel, you may regret this for the rest of your life.

Sorry if I sound harsh in the end, but I speak from experience. I am in my early 50s now and have a few regrets.
Learn from other people's mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by amokeme(f): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Pls I am still open to more opinions. Thanks embarassed
Hi dear, good morning. I sent you a PM please check and reply... any other preferable means to reach you will be appreciated..
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by timmyblast(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the PHOBIA OF LAYING WITH A MAN cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.
if you serious with the bold, then you have no reason going to dubai except you going to buy goods as there is no job there and cost of living there is expensive. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by kcbaba007: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2017
my dear, I see you are a very good girl, you have chosen to be independent and do things for yourself, I pray God helps you. it is also good that you are seeking councel from different pple, d Bible say there is wisdom in different councels,

I will advice you not to travel, moreover, Dubai is a no no for me, I have a lady friend I advised against travelling to Dubai eventually she did, my dear, she is lamenting as we speak, the good thing is that she is not presently being abused sexually, but her working condition is not good at all, and only God knows what will happen to her cos even her safety is not guaranteed, she does not have her freedom.

you are free here, I trained myself in school too, I started a business without a Kobo in Ijebu ode, then, I sold shoes, bags and clothes, and that was what I used to pay my school fees through tertiary institution, I also went to a polytechnic. who says you cannot continue your education here and still do your business, who says you can't travel out when the time is right with a good certificate and get accreditations outside there and get a good job, who says you cannot expand your business here in Nigeria, who says you cannot be who you are supposed to be. Dear, have you ever Wondered how you made it through your ND, pay tuition and still maintain? you can also do it in HND, and infact do better, cos you have a better foundation now, better experience and good customer base. let me tell you this, I did not go to school with the intention of working with my certificate, I did it cost I want to be better in what I do and in any field I find myself, and honey, i have not regretted it.

my advice: don't travel out now, this is not the time, focus on your education and business, you will travel out as a big girl when the time is right, abroad no dey run, and no where is green, you work out the greenery. once more, I love your spirit. The God that saw you through ND will see you through HND/BSC & MSC. takia
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by adedayoa2(f): 11:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Me I would advise that you finish with school first, things doesn't go rosy all the time, so you can have something to fall back to.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by 400billionman: 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

God bless you Bro and thanks for taking your time to read.
Firstly, I have really been on the travel section and I have read the pains of been an illegal immigrant. So If traveling turns out best then it's either I patiently follow due process or nothing.
Secondly bro no naaa I ain't desperate I am just weighing the options before me. I am only scared of going broke and like I keep reading here, no MAN WANTS A BROKE ASS. Now, Should I go back to school, what guarantee do I have I will get a job after school ? As I do not know anyone in "High places" if that doesn't pawn out well then who go gree give me money to start business again. Abeg who?
Remember
I said the money I have now, once I register for school will only be used totally for payment of bills I.e accommodation, school fees and so on... Please check it again and see what ur opinion is finally. Thanks.

OPEN A BOUTIQUE.

2 years later, COMPLETE YOUR HND.

That girl abroad is likely a prostitute

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by valarinz: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
Is it just me or who else thinks this is just an indirect way of submitting cv to sharp guys looking for a wife

All attractive details have been carefully outlined, if one can read in between the lines, now na to sit down and wait for pm

Op well done!!

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by 400billionman: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
TellMeNothing:
Focus on your Business. Young woman i repeat Focus on your business. Further your education, but go for degree instead of HND.. With your Ond you can get direct entry admission.. .
And on your priority scale, Business should come first...
I repeat Business should come first.

Dont live Naija yet.. I repeat build your business.. If possible diversify.. The small money you spend untop travel, use am re invest and expand.... You are going abroad to go and work for another man to survive but in Naija you are a boss and running an ambition... You are in control
Yes your business is your ambition.. And with time you will grow.. Na me de tex you

Focus on your business Give yourself two years and see the success..
By then school sef go be small thing and u will not need to create thread to ask decision to take because Money go dun dae grin...

Lol, forget my typing oh.. Just get the message. Stay in Naija and build you Business. Simple

400billionman:

OPEN A BOUTIQUE.

2 years later, COMPLETE YOUR HND.

That girl abroad is likely a prostitute

When experienced people talk, you know the difference.

Most times the best choices dont look attractive.

If she will listen..

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Confused977: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
amokeme:

Hi dear, good morning. I sent you a PM please check and reply... any other preferable means to reach you will be appreciated..

Send me ur number. The email wahala tire me.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by boxymccoy(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
From what I could deduce from your write up, you are such a lady that is determined to rise above challenges, which is a good one. some ladies are out there that had not experienced half of what you have gone through, but they are into prostitution today. You have an ND certificate, You are creative, You are brilliant. Almost everybody desires to travel out of the Country, but for you, you must look before you leap. You must be crystal clear about your accomodation and kind of job you are to do over there. It might be disastrous leaving certainty for uncertainty.Going abroad with an ND will only make you settle for menial jobs that you can't even do here in Nigeria. It is better to be a king in one's small village than to be a slave in a bigger land. why not get your HND form, or get direct entry into university, while you run your thriving business along side. When you are graduate here in Nigeria here, You have a leverage over there for further studies abroad. So relax, acquire more skills on what you already know, brand your products, expand and increase your customer base while you further your studies here and become a graduate first, while after which you can now think of going abroad. I can tell you with all sincerity that there are graduates in this country that have graduated from University for 7,8 years but are yet to even earn 45k per month,Some are even going back to learn hand work now. God has place a tool in your hand for your survival now, I really do hope that you will not take it for granted, GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by MCzubby247(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
HajimeSaito:

My reason for advising you to put education first is because the best time for education is when you are young.
You may decide to postpone your education until a later stage in life, but events may overtake your plans. You may get married and start a family. Pursuing a degree and raising a family at the same time can be very exhausting.
Trust me, now is the best time. The longer you delay the acquisition of higher education the more difficult it will become for you when you eventually decide to go through with it.
you advice is not good enough you're probably under someone and never venture into the waters alone.
when she's done with education then back to suffering, what's the aim of investing in education(paper certificate) that won't give you a good return rather just the prestige and confident.
she should rather expand her business seek for business short course that will give are result towards her business and not Dubai I can guarantee to 85% to her that she's going to Dubai for prostitution which see won't be told till she get there.
op! expand your business, men these days like women with a sense of how money works not how your body works I'm talking about real men not boys
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by EagleEyes001(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
I think you should pray about it and trust what your heart says. Life is all about taking risks, making mistakes helps to define who are and what you are meant to be.
What has been your dream? Whatever your dream is, follow it and trust God to make it come true. If it is to become a graduate, an entrepreneur or going abroad, God will surely see you through.
Look at you today, losing your parents at an early age and you still made it this far. Am so proud of ladies like you. Just gather all the courage and go after your dream
The choice you think is right might be the wrong one. Don't worry about losing all you worked for if you made the wrong decision. The God who brought you this far won't never abandon on you. I believe you meant for greater things. God bless you sister.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by awuf2008: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Thank God you already have a sustainable job u do at the moment, so further your education and traveling will come later and if possible on a platter of gold.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by lereinter(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Thanks and God bless you my dear friend. I know say me I be all weather even if na to wash plate, me I can. So far it's legit... I can. Shebi make I find way travel Abi? Since the money dey my hand now so that I no go give in to pressure of joining HND AS form Don dey close. embarassed

it seems yu ve made up your mind
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Compliant(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
If you insist on travelling out PLS DO NOT CONSIDER DUBAI.

GOD WILL NOT ALLOW THAT YOUR FRIEND IN DUBAI IMPLICATE YOU

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Brunel(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Hello.
My Advice: continue working on your business, try to scale it up and expand. Pursue a degree or educational qualification that is directly related to your business and keep getting better at what you do.
Abroad isn't always all that, with determination you can do better in Nigeria.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tk4rd: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

God bless you Bro and thanks for taking your time to read.
Firstly, I have really been on the travel section and I have read the pains of been an illegal immigrant. So If traveling turns out best then it's either I patiently follow due process or nothing.
Secondly bro no naaa I ain't desperate I am just weighing the options before me. I am only scared of going broke and like I keep reading here, no MAN WANTS A BROKE ASS. Now, Should I go back to school, what guarantee do I have I will get a job after school ? As I do not know anyone in "High places" if that doesn't pawn out well then who go gree give me money to start business again. Abeg who?
Remember
I said the money I have now, once I register for school will only be used totally for payment of bills I.e accommodation, school fees and so on... Please check it again and see what ur opinion is finally. Thanks.
You already have a job naa..
Which other job are you still seeking for.?
Graduate first,, then, expand your business..
This business of yours is your job already.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by MrRitchie: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
My sister am a frequent Traveller, my advice for u is to use that money you're planning to secure visa, flight ticket and pocket money to expand your business in Nigeria, if your friend is telling you he/she will get you a job in whichever country he/she may be, I will tell u authoritatively that the chance of that happening is at 0.59%

Get trust worth persons who can help you important bags, shoes, make-up boxes and all this things you're in from China and some other parts of Europe, don't give anyone your money unless you find a very trustworthy person

This way you can start getting goods in large quantities with basically moderate price and you make even larger profit, before you know it your business will book, you already have the customers

Strategy is what you need now, not to travel and start from square one again, while you already have a foundation laid for a lucrative business.

That's the little advice I can give, at this point I will say good luck in all you ll decide to do.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by DaveHert(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

Thank you o.
Am sure she has never seen the fore walls of a polytechnic. It was not until I interviewed one First class graduate of a prominent Nigerian university that I knew why most University grads were unemployable.

SMH

Do you know what discipline and focus it takes to get a first class in a prominent Nigerian university? You are either telling stories or the person you interviewed lied to you.

As a student I know fully well how devoted students who graduate with first class are, they practically don't socialize or have a life while in school, all they do is study, study and study, most times they still end up graduating with a mere 2.1 because the schooling system is messed up here in Nigeria.

I have friends who are first class graduates from Nigerian universities and others that are already on the part to becoming one themselves and I can bet my penny that you don't stand a chance of wining an intellectual debate against them. So I find that part of your comment impossible to digest.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Donmatlock: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
AreaFada2:

If you go to Dubai anyhow, chances are high that you will end up doing prostitution. Anyhow I mean. Jobs are becoming scarce in Dubai now according to sources there.

Saudi Arabia has just allowed women to start driving cars. It is expected that many current foreign drivers will have to leave Saudi. Expect many of those to head to Dubai to secure any jobs they can get in the near future.

You can do your HND and Dubai will still be there. At least by then you would have prepared yourself for life there. Like doing further certifications, legalizing your documents properly and try securing employment or be in the process before going there. Saturating the job market further.

Check your motivation too. Not wanting others to "look down on you" is funny. Life is about trying to make the best use of your abilities and succeed in life for yourself and your family. Do you already look down on others who are less well off than you now?? So you think others would too? shocked shocked

For advise about going to live in Dubai, check out Justi4Jesu posts in the travel section of Nairaland. She's no agent. Just NLer.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Donmatlock: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

My Sister at 24 you are young. I am happy that you are doing a good business. This is my candid advice

1. Do not go to Dubai like this
2. Continue your business, rent a shop and expand and employ the right persons to work for you.
3. Focus on your business to make more money. Apply for BOI loan. Apply for Diamond Bank and other entrepreneurship programmes like Women In Business
4. Look for a mentor, an established woman to guide you.
5. Apply for your HND and get a higher certificate. HND is a quick path to BSc or any other higher degree. Just get it. Go for NYSC. All these are experience that can mould you. HND may even be equal to BSC soon.

6. You can run your biz and still school without much stress. Just ensure you have good record system.
7. When you graduate and your business is booming you can travel around the world.
Many girls in Dubai are doing dirty jobs. Some of them regret going.

If you must travel overseas, Canada is better but you must have enough money for school. There you can work and become a resident. You need money.

Most importantly be patient, work hard and life will be better. Don't forget to help poor. Pray and never forget God.
You will thank me one day, when you become a billionaire

Cheers
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Donmatlock: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

My Sister at 24 you are young. I am happy that you are doing a good business. This is my candid advice

1. Do not go to Dubai like this
2. Continue your business, rent a shop and expand and employ the right persons to work for you.
3. Focus on your business to make more money. Apply for BOI loan. Apply for Diamond Bank and other entrepreneurship programmes like Women In Business
4. Look for a mentor, an established woman to guide you.
5. Apply for your HND and get a higher certificate. HND is a quick path to BSc or any other higher degree. Just get it. Go for NYSC. All these are experience that can mould you. HND may even be equal to BSC soon.

6. You can run your biz and still school without much stress. Just ensure you have good record system.
7. When you graduate and your business is booming you can travel around the world.
Many girls in Dubai are doing dirty jobs. Some of them regret going.

If you must travel overseas, Canada is better but you must have enough money for school. There you can work and become a resident. You need money.

Most importantly be patient, work hard and life will be better. Don't forget to help poor. Pray and never forget God.
You will thank me one day, when you become a billionaire

Cheers
Donmatlock:

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by raymondFirstborn(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
DaveHert:

Do you know what discipline and focus it takes to get a first class in a prominent Nigerian university? You are either telling stories or the person you interviewed lied to you.

As a student I know fully well how devoted students who graduate with first class are, they practically don't socialize or have a life while in school, all they do is study, study and study, most times they still end up graduating with a mere 2.1 because the schooling system is messed up here in Nigeria.

I have friends who are first class graduates from Nigerian universities and others that are already on the part to becoming one themselves and I can bet my penny that you don't stand a chance of wining an intellectual debate against them. So I find that part of your comment impossible to digest.

I laff in spanish.

I might not win an intellectual debate, but I would definitely win a professional debate against them.

I was once an A student, until I stopped cramming and started reading to understand.

the first class grads are a group of crammers.

la cramm la pour.

I had them as friends, some of them from LASU, so I know.
see there's is a difference between excelling academically and excelling professionally.

You can be getting A's in school, but when your in the field , its a different ball game entirely.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by austanoy2k(m): 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
My dearest sister, no job in Dubai at the moment especially for ladies except largelly prostitution.
I pray and hope you dont regret going to Dubai at last coz lots of things are going on there which girls would never open their mouth to say.
I based currently in Dubai and i can authoritative advice you against you coming here.
To do what if i may ask you?
Did you ask her your friend what shes into?

My advice, pick your HND form part time programme or any flexible programme that would enable you do your business as well.
After your HND then you are more matured in mind to travel, expand your business or get a good job.
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.