Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours (1301 Views)

How I Dealt With A Fine Girl Forming Unnecessarily Difficult. / Chats Of How I Dealt With A Lady Who Wanted To Use Me For Money / How I Dealt With An Entitled Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Neighbours can be the best but are most times the worse, you get to love them when you borrow a lot from them and depend on their generators to charge your phone, however you can't pretend not to like them when they do the same thing to you. Don't feel bad, they don't like you either. On one extreme you could have neighbours that are easy going, free to relate with. On the other extreme, you have neighbors with the ''beware of dogs and snakes" signpost on their front door.

I've had my fair share of neighbours due to the fact that I've moved a lot, some were good and some plain annoying. I cohabited peacefully with the good ones, we still talk occasionally, and whenever they are in need of my help, I'm always ready to help. I can't really say the same for the annoying ones. I always found a way around the situation to my comfort. How did I do it? here's a detailed list of 4 ways i dealt with my bad neighbours

1. Get them gifts

During my NYSC years in Awka, Anambra state. I had to find an apartment, I couldn't stay in the call members' lodge due to the bad condition of the place( I was also a bit of a spoilt brat ). After days of house hunting and paying the hotel bills, I found the perfect two bedroom flat, newly built, toilets were clean and it was close to where I was posted. My agent organized a meeting with the landlord and his wife. I could notice that they were a strict christian couple from their dressing alone, they told me that the gates closed by 8pm and that no other woman was allowed in the compound. They asked me all sorts of questions - the secondary school I went to, how much of a good christian I was, if I had had sex before -, after the barrage, I didn't feel like staying in the apartment again.

After a week of not finding a better option, I  went back. They tormented me for weeks, the wife occasionally entered my room to carry out searches. It was crazy but I gradually got to know their weak spots, the landlord was an alcoholic, well known at the bar I and my colleagues frequented. I encouraged his addiction by buying him hot drinks and occasionally inviting him to come drink with my friends. The man became my best friend and the rest was history.

I found out that the wife liked material things, she was easy to manipulate. Cheap jewelry and clothes did the job. She liked me from then on that she even tried to hook with up with her niece . they still call to greet till now, thanks to an act of brilliance

2. Date their daughter

I finally got a permanent bank job after the hardwork I put into it when I found out that only twelve out of a hundred of us would be taken, and the connections I had. They decided to throw me to Akwa-ibom state, well, beggars aren't choosers. I contacted one of my guys that lived there, and he let me stay at his place for some months. I got a nice one-bedroom apartment, but the landlord was a jerk.

He constantly called meetings about the toilets, brought up compound talk even when he met me outside, and tried to get me to join in cleaning the compound (I paid some women to do that...no time for that), his caused an argument. He started ranting on how I brought "thieves" to his compound. I had to start dodging the man.

One day, after coming back from work, I met this fresh babe doing the laundry outside, I couldn't help but talk to her. After a lengthy conversation, I found out that she was a final year student in the university (she also happened to be the landlord's daughter). The sour news didn't stop me, I made my move and she agreed (I guess I was to dope to reject). Surprisingly, her dad accepted me, landlord started treating me right from then on.

About a year later, I broke up with the babe (man's gotta do what a man's gotta do). To prevent the awkwardness of the situation, I had to find somewhere else to stay, I couldn't risk going back to "default landlord setting".

3. Pack out

At some point in school, I moved into a bq in school owned by a professor with one of my friends (I had to keep my reputation). I partied constantly, brought different girls around, and indulged in alcohol and tobacco. The owner wasn't always around, so we did as we liked.

We had a party that disturbed the neihborhood one day and unfortunately prof was around. He sent one of his boys to tell us to turn down, being a bit drunk we shoandd at the poor boy and almost beat him. He ratted us out and prof came down by himself.

With a smile on his face, the prof asked whether we were students, we told him "yes". Still smiling, he asked us for our matric numbers to confirm, we called some random number for him and he left. We left the next day and moved into the student's hostel. None of us had the guts to wait for the end result of the encounter with prof.

4. Marry them

After moving out of my first apartment in Akwa-ibom, it didn't take long before I found the perfect bachelor pad. That year, I bought a dope home theatre set and blasted the entire area with music since I was the only occupant in the compound. Months later, some girls moved into the flat directly opposite mine. They kept on complaining about my loud music, this made me hate their guts. At one point, the power supply in our neighborhood was faulty. I wasn't really pained because I had a generator, the girls didn't have one so they had to come over to my side to charge and so on. After numerous episodes, I found myself sleeping with the enemy and things moved smoothly from then on until we got married

https://www.sauceandsound.com/2017/10/01/i-had-bad-neighbours-how-i-dealt-with-them/
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by amunkita(m): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
The only thing I had with my neighbor after moving out of popsi's house was good morning, good evening.

Whether I am liked or not, no concern me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by saintvc(m): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2017
never marry your neighbour. they can be your side chick but not date seripusly
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by franklyneo(m): 12:37am On Oct 02, 2017
OP na only u gather all this experience??
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by uninvited: 6:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Well, some neighbours can be difficult
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Op you need to own a house.
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by GoldenJAT(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2017
u go b landlord one day oo!! and... u know na
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by Greenbullet(m): 10:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Lol , I remember two of my neighbors, they are both girls in a uni while I was also in a uni, dem can quarrel and fight and once them start na to dey separate them because dem go fit kill each other, one break bottle for one head for one fight.
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by hos4x(m): 11:07am On Oct 02, 2017
saintvc:
never marry your neighbour. they can be your side chick but not date seripusly

This is good advice
Please take it very serious y'all

1 Like

Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
Op you need to own a house.
grin
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by muibi1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Never date your neighbour my friend....it's too dangerous.
Re: How I Dealt With Bad Neighbours by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
muibi1:
Never date your neighbour my friend....it's too dangerous.
my first girfriend was the neighbour's daughter and it went pretty well.

(1) (Reply)

Rape: My Sweet Experience / She Put My Hands On Her Oranges And Asked Me To...(pics) / Gradual Emergence Of Daylight Prostitution In FCT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.