Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55901 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by lebron7(m): 5:56am On Oct 03, 2017
Witnessed 9/11
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Only u na horror movie series. @ OP
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by WhyNa: 6:02am On Oct 03, 2017
Mine happening when I was 12. I'm 27 now and still suffering from it. Recently started seeing a Psychologist cos apart from CPTSD, I have CD and SD

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Mryoung(m): 6:04am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Noblesoul123 post=61048914]Sneaking out to watch horror movies which was banned at home.

One of them was this dude.

Lolz mbok you get mind oooo. I couldn't stand watching this nigga

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by femi4: 6:08am On Oct 03, 2017
MrsMurphy:
The day I lost my child. I was carrying her when she died. Couldn't sleep for days. That was the first time seeing someone die
Sorry about your experience

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2017
Mine was bomb blast at Kano central mosques. There was no part of human being I haven't seen there in pieces. From eyes, leg, interestine, lung, dick' just everything you can imagine

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by decatalyst(m): 6:23am On Oct 03, 2017
Coldfeets:

Fück. angry

The same Jesus that saved you from danger allowed the girl to be killed, right?

What the fück is really wrong with you guys?!

How do you guys find it so comfortable to rejoice over other peoples' calamities albeit indirectly?

Damn!

Young man, its not compulsory for you to believe in God. As a matter of fact, only God himself can make you do so...when you have a personal encounter with him.

As for the dead kid, maybe you do not know that we carry different GRACE...different level of GRACE determined only by our creator as a result of our walk with him, prayers by us or our parent and friends, our heart...etc.

A day old without sin could die...only God knows why he allows these things to happen. But I ain't ashamed or lacking in knowledge to tell you that I believe in GOD!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Justdare: 6:27am On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Loosing my bro and dad cry to death right in my hands
That is touching. May their souls rest in peace
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Bonjezee(m): 6:31am On Oct 03, 2017
joelens007:
mine was when I was at the hospital with my baby mama who is to be delivered of a beautiful girl....in the middle of the night, they brought a woman who has complications during delivery somewhere, she was bleeding and her husband was only on boxers and singlet.... the nurses requested for 4k before they could attend to her, husband came to the hospital penniless..... she was dump by one side until she bled to death on a cold harmattan night....I can never forget that day...the husband just start walking into the darkness, and the nurses were like he should coman carry his wife's corpse or else they will charge him if they take her body to the morgue...
I hated nurse from that day.
F^ck
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by donholy28(m): 6:45am On Oct 03, 2017
e go be around early this year,i travelled to the village to see my grandma..my uncle who was slightly older than me kept telling me to spend the night and go the next morning..i was like una no get light,mosquitoes everywhere and I get morning lectures the next day..omo na so I insist o say I must go today..so he dropped me at the bustop with his bike and I entered bus..like 30mins into the journey one woman told the driver to drop her..in the middle of nowhere..bush left and right..driver stopped,i was sitting next to the door of the bus,i opened it and came down..next thing I know in seconds another bus came out of nowhere and hit the bus..all could hear was noise..body parts everywhere with heavy casualties from both bus..na so I for die that day o

next was when my mom died around April this year till now there are times I will forget that she's dead

8 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by bigpicture001: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Coldfeets:

Fück. angry

The same Jesus that saved you from danger allowed the girl to be killed, right?

What the fück is really wrong with you guys?!

How do you guys find it so comfortable to rejoice over other peoples' calamities albeit indirectly?

Damn!
..yes..jesus can save one person and leave the other to die..even wen the two persons are in same location

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Bonjezee(m): 6:54am On Oct 03, 2017
I did my first degree at maiduguri
One midnight like that in 2014, they woke us up with the news that Boko Haram has entered our area buh they were not using gun, that they are slaughtering people with knife. We couldn't go out for the fear of running into them, so all of us just stood and said our last prayers while waiting for them to come ....

Also, March 14,2014(ask anyone who was in UNIMAID during that time, they will gist you)
Boko Haram attacked the University, I was in the farm deep inside the bush for practicals, I first heard like 3 bomb blasts so we had to rush and entire the main school area, when I got there 2 places av been affected by RPG so I decided to run home.. .on my way, less than 100m from where I was, an RPG landed there, I practically lost my senses, all I could do was run, as I was running home, then Nigeria Air Force Fighter jet came and started shooting.. .it was like a war movie... I sha got home and broke my door when I couldn't find my keys quickly.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by kaziblake(f): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2017
Mine was when I held my dad till he died in my arms..i still remember the way he looked at me till he breathe his last with tears in his eyes

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by SamgoldBaba: 7:02am On Oct 03, 2017
D day I was born a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Horllamideh(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2017
Deo1986:
Take heart, my friend. Just find solace in the fact that she is no more suffering. And make her proud in all you do. I feel your pain.
Thank you....writing about it just opened some stuffs I have been hiding for so long. I pray we all get to live long, in immeasurable prosperity and good health

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2017
bigpicture001:
..yes..jesus can save one person and leave the other to die..even wen the two persons are in same location

In that case, Jesus is totally partial and biased and unfair... and wicked!

Too bad.

But I understand.

That's exactly what religion is all about.

Constantly separating people into God's Chosen people and those not chosen or loved by God.

Continue in your folly.

Nothing do you.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by dvkot(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2017
greypencils:
wowwww...i am so sorry...how is everyone coping and dealing with this?i pray for you man
Life goes on bro... even if he's dead, its more heartbraking that he was never buried ;(
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by nervegasfarts: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Nne5 post=61047710]Helplessly watching my mother die.Knowing I wouldn't be able to do a thing to save her.

Those hours,painful long hours, I'll never forget...[/quoste]

This is exactly my own traumatic experience. Mine took 6 months to happen and drained everything from me.....emotions, money, time, friends, family. In the end, I learnt that life is too short for anything other than serving your God and having good memories.

Sorry about your loss!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2017
decatalyst:

Young man, its not compulsory for you to believe in God. As a matter of fact, only God himself can make you do so...when you have a personal encounter with him.

As for the dead kid, maybe you do not know that we carry different GRACE...different level of GRACE determined only by our creator as a result of our walk with him, prayers by us or our parent and friends, our heart...etc.

A day old without sin could die...only God knows why he allows these things to happen. But I ain't ashamed or lacking in knowledge to tell you that I believe in GOD!

Old man, the issue here is not about whether you believe in God or not.

The issue is you acting like the Pharisee in the Bible(Luke 18:10 - 14).

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by kaziblake(f): 7:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Worksunlimited:
Mine was the day a fellow corper called me over to his room to kill me.

Funny thing was I had no issue or quarrel with the guy prior to the fateful day.

He stabbed me thrice in my chest region, around where my heart is located, but the knife didn't penetrate (No be juju, Na God work). How Baba God do am, I no know, but I Thank Him for coming thru for me.

Pushed him off, bolted for the door, dude grabbed me by the neck, squeezing my wind pipe and oesophagus shut (I was about giving up the ghost), when some students kicked the room door open and pushed him off me, I landed on the floor, gasping for breathe.

Sick fellow corper kept shouting I must not escape. Sat on my back and started smashing my face on the broken floor, the students pushed him off me again.

I got up, and ran outside screaming for help, fell on the sand cos I was out of breathe, dude took a stone and was about smashing my head in, to finish the job he started, when he was over powered.

Till today, I still have flashes of the knife he used, dangling in the air ryt before it struck.

When they brought the knife he used to stab me with, before the civil defense and police men that later took up the case, the knife blade had bent 90degrees, to show the force the dude used to stab me with.

My face disfigure, couldn't breathe properly for a while, buh at least I was alive.

All thanks to God.
All thanks to God but I hope he was imprisoned and did he state reasons for doing so?
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by buffalowings: 7:24am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
One day a man fell into a septic tank. Right up to the neck. He tried to get out desperately but he couldn’t. Then after sometime he started screaming, “Fire, fire, fire!” Neighbors heard the fire screams, called the fire brigade. The firemen came and looked everywhere, no fire. Then they found him in the septic tank, pulled him out and then they asked why were you screaming fire?’ Then he said, “If I said ‘Shit, shit,’ would you have come?!” So just working hard will not do. You must do the right thing otherwise it doesn’t work. Action should be whichever way the situation demands.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:24am On Oct 03, 2017
Aluu4
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by iamphill: 7:25am On Oct 03, 2017
The day my wife died in my presence. I was holding her hands.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Origin(f): 7:38am On Oct 03, 2017
May everyone find healing from this shared experience. We never truly grasp people's emotional mindset.

May you all find peace and succour. Its a beautiful sun filled morning.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Spectre007: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2017
i don't understand,please explain.
TarOrfeek:
The day my father closed from work, walked to Mr Biggs, on his own and bought everybody snacks.

With Ice cream on top. The scariest thing was that, when my mother went to bring knife to cut the Meat pies. My father just laughed, and said " Every body 1 to 1"

That day makes me shiver in utmost disbelief.
In fact I still have night mares till this day.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by kaziblake(f): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2017
iamphill:
The day my wife died in my presence. I was holding her hands.
Take heart sir.God knows best

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Deo1986(m): 7:42am On Oct 03, 2017
Horllamideh:

Thank you....writing about it just opened some stuffs I have been hiding for so long. I pray we all get to live long, in immeasurable prosperity and good health
Good one. But long life, immeasurable prosperity and good health are not guaranteed in this world. That is why i always rely on my Goddess to weather life's storm.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sloo1: 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Horllamideh:
my most traumatic moment was when I went to visit my Mum at a hospital in Gambari (Ogbomoso) on October 29, 2004..….shes battled cancer for some time and had gone under the knife twice. So on that fateful, me and my sister went to visit her bearing food and clothes for her and my dad (he was with her for two months). I was just ten and had just entered JSS 1, she was muttering some words.... calling our names (her children), apparently she thought she was at home.....she held on tightly to my hands. When it was evening.....she refused to let me go, my Dad had to lie that me and sister will just be right out to get food for her. We came back home to Ogbomoso.....I was disturbed all through the night, couldn't sleep....very early in the morning around 5;30am.....We heard the sound of a vehicle, a pickup truck and a knock.....Dad came in with this sober expression.....Mum was dead, her body laid at the back of the truck. I miss you so much Mum..., I so much wish you are still here..... I really can't hold back tears while typing this.
Sorry ooo. May God continue comforting u

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by yorex2011: 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
My problem is why people are liking comments here... Someone posts a traumatic experience, next thing 100 likes. Haba now!

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by tosyne2much(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2017
kaziblake:
Mine was when I held my dad till he died in my arms..i still remember the way he looked at me till he breathe his last with tears in his eyes
Oooooh! Sorry for your loss dear
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Justdare:

That is touching. May their souls rest in peace

Amen...thanks
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by bigpicture001: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Coldfeets:

In that case, Jesus is totally partial and biased and unfair... and wicked!

Too bad.

But I understand.

That's exactly what religion is all about.

Constantly separating people into God's Chosen people and those not chosen or loved by God.

Continue in your folly.

Nothing do you.
..have you ever heard or seen a guardian angel at work...? I have then I understood that each person's death time is actually allowed to take place,cuz it can be stopped by God..av seen God stop plenty of death

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Big Snake Killed In My Office Compound Last Night / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.