Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,707 members, 7,844,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) (8086 Views)

Recommend An African Country To Visit / Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? / Pictures Of Five Cowries Terminal: A Beautiful Jetty in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by kagari: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2017
Lovely thread.

Naija is beautiful but with ugly leaders
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2017
EzeEbira:
I am coming to release the bad pictures of brown roofs and open gutters.

Of course, no one will stop you.

Have you ever seen all those countries you plan on escaping to post their slums and poverty stricken areas on the internet? No.

Perception is king. They use beautiful pictures and good news of their various countries to lure and create funds through tourism and other means, getting investors and bringing positivity to their lands.

But what do you Africans do, you complain about the problems facing Africa and Africans, same you that will not contribute to the progress in any tangible way will come online to slander and spread much negative perceptions of Africa.

See, una matter tire me, if una no fit epp Africa in any way, why not stay on your own jejely instead of the negativity and erroneous perceptions you spread about Africa.

Same you will complain and feel bad when you travel out and was treated like shiit... SMH

South Africa? Those ones are lost already. Apartheid don sap the remaining sense those ones get. They don't even know their enemies. If we return the treatment, Africa will be too hot for them. angry

I just dey vex for most black men. Misplaced priority, mental instability, inferiority complex, herd mentality. The problem facing the black race is just too much and worst of all, they're all self inflicted. undecided
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2017
obaaderemi:
It is very sad how young Nigerians focus on only the bad side of their country.A young man here on nairaland sold his business and headed for another African country thinking Nigeria had nothing to offer him.Right there at the airport he got the shocker of his life.

Abegi, come give me the full gist...

*make I dey sip my yoyo bitters dey wait*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2017
@correctguy101 that ebira guy na confirm mumu. All those over-hyped countries do have their negative side. The last thing to cross my mind is seeking greener pasture abroad. Imagine someone selling his business to travel to yankee?? is that not madness??

Why do most foreigners choose Nigeria to sell their products and services? from mtn, google, down to kwase tv. That is because our country is richly blessed and any business can survive here with a population of over 180 million people.

What you are looking for in sokoto is inside your sokóto

UAE, USA, SA, UK do have their good and ugly side same as Nigeria but the difference is they hardly show their ugly part on media.

This section itself shows how Nigerians don't value this wonderful country with countless of threads about leaving Nigeria and yet little threads to encourage tourists to the country.

I'm very sure some active member on this section are washing toilets in yankee. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2017
Palms Mall

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
@correctguy101 that ebira guy na confirm mumu. All those over-hyped countries do have their negative side. The last thing to cross my mind is seeking greener pasture abroad. Imagine someone selling his business to travel to yankee?? is that not madness??

Why do most foreigners choose Nigeria to sell their products and services? from mtn, google, down to kwase tv. That is because our country is richly blessed and any business can survive here with a population of over 180 million people.

UAE, USA, SA, UK do have their good and ugly side same as Nigeria but the difference is they hardly show their ugly part on media.

This section itself shows how Nigerians don't value this wonderful country with countless of threads about leaving Nigeria and yet little threads to encourage tourists to the country.

I'm very sure some active member on this section are washing toilets in yankee. undecided

Me, ayam weak for the kind brodas I go get for this Africa grin

Like I always say, "If you don't see it in your minds eye, it won't happen".
How person go open eye down and na only bad and ug_lee things he go dey see for everywhere
It just goes to tell a lot about who that person is.
Them go say "but it's true na", shey I tell them say na lie beforeundecided

My own is that, no be only you see am and as you see am, do something about it or kip kwayet, instead of coming online dey spread nonsense news.

Ordinary fire for UK the other day, Aljazeera and CNN had to buy in with correct money before BBC allow them cover am. Them sell the coverage for hard currency. I was awake that night it happened. Even CNN and Aljazeera didn't even get the real gist cos the Brits were stingy with some info.

But if na Nigeria, some werey go carry phone video everything and post Online and be feeling some kinda strange satisfaction. Who does that? Sometimes ehn, na people like Master Kim Jung Un fit some set of people angry

King Tobi, you sure say some of us for this Africa no dey under some kinda spell gringrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
@correctguy101 i've been wondering also if Nigerians are under a spell.

Anything that has potential to give this country a bad image should be kept out of media.

But Boss, is there anyway we can tackle this media issue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by sirjerry(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

Credit: uzzolik

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:

Anything that has potential to give this country a bad image should be kept out of media.

It's simple, just tell them to use their head like Otem use to say grin

I seriously don't know o. Prof. Osinbanjo tried using threat but it didn't work.
It'll only happen if we sincerely want to help our dear Africa and her image.

I dey weak for the whole wahala but I never give up, maybe that's why I get peace o.
May the forces be with us all.

Ase
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
correctguy101:

I seriously don't know o. Prof. Osinbanjo tried using threat but it didn't work.

I dey weak for the whole wahala but I never give up, maybe that's why I get peace o.

Ase

OK

Nigeria is better than Germany and UK,
that's what you want to hear.
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
correctguy101:

Ase
Asé cool
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:

The bolded makes sense o.

I don't see why a people whose Representatives in government offices have abandoned ( receiving #30million monthly will still be fighting themselves over minor things as tribe and politics or even religion (this religion own dey vex me cos it's not even African thing)

The Representatives see themselves as one (collectively mining the stupidity of the people) and the people see themselves as wise intelligent people for fighting and speaking big grammarsundecided

The Representatives are under a kinda spell I can't explain but the people spell dey render daddy speechless.

The people wey cast the spell are badass....
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:

Stop celebrating mediocrity,
Nigeria is not supposed to be using generators in 2017.
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

Credit:uzzolik.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
EzeEbira:

OK

Nigeria is better than Germany and UK,
that's what you want to hear.

I was sure you wouldn't understand what I was saying.
I'm not in support of celebrating mediocrity as it is. We have a problem, yes and so...

I'm just saying since you can't celebrate mediocrity, stop publicizing it.

Other nations have their own short comings and as it is, I don't see their citizens publicizing it. If you've been to Iran or Jordan you would understand my position.

Anyway, no one can stop you or anyone from doing what you wish to do.

I'm just a random stranger you happen to pass on the cyberspace today. Just MHO

Let it slide
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
correctguy101:

The bolded makes sense o.

I don't see why a people whose Representatives in government offices have abandoned ( receiving #30million monthly will still be fighting...
The Representatives see themselves as one (collectively mining the stupidity of the people) and the people see themselves as wise intelligent people for fighting and speaking big grammarsundecided

The Representatives are under a kinda spell I can't explain but the people spell dey render daddy speechless.

The people wey cast the spell are badass....

Walahi i couldn't have said it better.

At the bolded, It's in most Nigerian blood to claim intelligence but the Politicians have already mastered the craft of playing on our intelligence.

Nigerians sabi dupe other citizens still struggling but no fit dupe Politicians.

Nigeria politicians are the duper of the dupers, the god of the yahoo boys.
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
@Shaytun and sirjerry

Up Naija o cheesy. Una try no be small, abeg if you get more abeg post make we service our eye.
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Correctguy101
TobiToniTobiwhy

uyo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
uyo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
Uyo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naija 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
God bless you Shaytun, I'm really enjoying this. cool
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
EzeEbira nice one cool
Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by correctguy101(m): 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
EzeEbira:
Correctguy101
TobiToniTobiwhy

uyo

Let's preach not mediocrity but progress and positivity.
We can be better and we will be better and better than we were...
Keep the problems to ourselves until we find a way to gradually solve them ourselves... letting others know of it will only earn us ridicule and destroy any single respect they have for us.
This has been proven true time and time again. As you go abroad and say " I'm from/a Nigerian" people will start suspecting you for everything and even want to treat you like a bag of shiit...

We will be better, if not in my generation, at least I'll instill a kind of awe for the nation in the coming generation so that they'll genuinely want to care for mothers Africa and Nigeria and bring about genuine change, one that will earn Africans and Africa the respect and honor they deserve. That's my vision and I'm doing that already in my little circle o'er here and will expand as my circle grows.

That's my point brother, may the forces work on our behalf and favor us... Ase

mi hermano, mucho gracias...

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by Shaytun: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2017
Naija 4 life.

Re: Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) by samsobo24(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nigeria is beautiful.
imagine if these pictures are for other countries, you will see haters and wailers commenting out of pain.
we have really tried in telling the world and Africans especially about the bad side of this country.
That's why Nigeria is not respected enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! / 8 Lessons I Learnt In Benin Republic / What They Dont Tell You About America. From Someone Living In America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.