Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12414 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2010
lanre_s:

Who cannot reason? can't you differentiate between a good muslim and a mutallab? If you don't have any any reasonable comment to make, must you display your kindergaten immaturity here?
look at who is insult someone have you ever diffrenciate btwn the Good muslims and the bad in your prvious post? all you said is the muslims are terrorist and you tarnishing the image of islam you have never diffrenciate btwn the Good and bad once so she is right dude.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by 700john: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2010
May the Almighty God help us out!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
bashy_demy:

look at who is insult someone have you ever diffrenciate btwn the Good muslims and the bad in your prvious post? all you said is the muslims are terrorist and you tarnishing the image of islam you have never diffrenciate btwn the Good and bad once so she is right dude.

I didnt condemn muslims, I will never do that. All I have been preaching is the need for us to tolerate one another irrespective of religious or ethnic diversity. Let it be registered at the back of our minds that there is only one God.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by okunoba(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Lanre, u should condemn the madness being done in the name of Islam all over the World or have u sold ur heart to the devil. Man and his evil religion.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by muhsin(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
Sweet T:

These freaking Muslims are a disease anywhere they find themselves in the world. If this actually happens, Muslims will in Ibadan will brutally suffer. There are more Christians in Ibadan than anywhere in Nigeria. It is not like the north, Ibadan residence will teach these naughty person a lesson.

I laugh in Hausa grin grin grin

Stupidilty at its peak.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by radeniran(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
Another wahala want start be that o. This is an intelligent report from Nairaland. SSS, NA and NPF take note
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
okunoba:

@Lanre, u should condemn the madness being done in the name of Islam all over the World or have u sold your heart to the devil. Man and his evil religion.

Insert Quote
Quote from: Sweet T on Today at 06:36:35 AM
These freaking Muslims are a disease anywhere they find themselves in the world. If this actually happens, Muslims will in Ibadan will brutally suffer. There are more Christians in Ibadan than anywhere in Nigeria. It is not like the north, Ibadan residence will teach these naughty person a lesson.
@Lanrei guess you could see what people like this 2 guys are saying again how will some foreign condem Nigeria as a curruption country if not mention the currupt people among them how will say freeking muslim or islam without saying the once are there no stupid and devils in the mist of christain the man who kill his sister son in Ile ife i a xtain Dr King that burn his church goes is he not chritain if someone could wake up in the morning and burn down another human being without reason is that not enough to be a terror except you dont know what is the meaningof terror, how about the guy that try to bomb the Pastor chris we have not heard anything about the guy anymore if the bombing was successful they will blame it on the muslims but since it wasn't succesfull then they did not said anything about it anymore so why is it that any succesfull bombing or attack that the cultprint was no caught they blame it on the muslim or islam you guy most be the most stupid fool.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2010
Aside of this is emergence of a fanatical Islamic sect in Beree, a suburb of Ibadan in Oluyole Local Government Area, which is now under close watch of security agencies in the state due to its intolerance of other religious groups in the area.

The group was said to have established a village called ‘Madina’ about six years ago, where its followers camped.
It was learnt that the group was fond of destroying and defacing Christian crusade/revival posters in public.
Last Thursday, the extremists were also said to have threatened to attack Ogun (god of iron) worshipers in the community while the latter were celebrating their festival.
It took the intervention of elders of the community to pacify them and put the situation under control.
A police source told Daily Sun that the command has set up a dragnet for the group’s leader.
One of the inciting leaflets circulating in mosques urged Muslims to rise up against Christians in a holy war on the ground that they were losing their brethren to Christianity.
It said the attack must be carried out on a Sunday when their targets would be in church to worship.[/b]One of the grouses of the author of the leaflet is that the ‘most educated’ Nigerians and ‘hypocrites’ in the country are Christians.
[b]The leaflet writer regretted that Muslims in the southern part of the country had not been as militant as their counterparts in the North, stressing that they must now take a cue from past Jihadists in Kano and other northern states

Religion of PISS indeed.

I ask why is it that Xtians dont fight with Traditional worshippers.

Why dont other religion fight each other, why is it that every religions crisis involves ISLAM?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
http://anglicandioceseofjos.org/dogo.html

For the viewing pleasure of baba ibadan and bashy_demy, trying to justify why those people who commit these types of atrocious despicable acts against their fellow human kind, do it, i.e. Christians should not produce a film, and call it alfa, otherwise they deserve it, I BOW FOR UNA cry cry cry

bashy_demy:

Hey i think you need to sit and look into it very carefully i am a Muslim and am married to a xtain i always support her and they go to church every sunday with my car while i sit back home waiting until they are back before i go out wish mean am in support of her religion [size=14pt]but in a situation like this when someone is trying to have a xtain theatre group and think the best name for the group is ALFA SULE dont you think that will call attention of people particularly the muslim to this [/size] and why not name the group pastor solomon instead? and saying the meantion some other religious in the drama too well here in Nigeria we believe the most strong religion are the muslims and the Xtains, about the white garment they are also xtains and the babalawos and Indian Krishna temple they are not well recognise in our neighbourhood i mean there population. though there is adjustment the movie cos i watch one lately and there is no scene of the ALFA SULE in it anymore i think they have call them self to order [size=14pt]but i think there should be a public apology maybe go to a media house or another drama just to apologise and make things clear that mean't no harm and not trying to tarnish the image of ISLAM i rest my case.[/size]

Baba Ibada:

well, I think we've got to be reasonable in the manner we post our views on this issue. Religion has always been a sensitive issue across the globe from a time immemorial therefore at this age we really need to be more tolerant and eschew any act that may ignite religious crisis. HOW ON EARTH WILL A CHRISTIAN DRAMA BE TITLED ALFA SULE? Without prejudice Sule (the short way of pronouncing Sulaiman) is an undiluted muslim name and besides Alfa Sule literary means Mallam Sule (which doesnt have any connection with christianity). There is a scene in the drama where Angel Fatai was ridiculously mentioned too. Though Angel is an English word, Fatai (Abdul Fatai) is a pure muslim Name.
I so much appreciate the level of creativity displayed in the drama but the producer should have strictly limited himself to terms or names related to christians and ensured that no attempt was made to ridicule any names especially those of other religion.
[size=18pt]If the act of making use of Islamic terms derogatorily is not a delibrate attempt at causing religious conflict, the producer of Alfa Sule should publicly apologise to the muslims by creatively showing them that he meant no harm and make ammends where necessary afterall the producer of a Yoruba Film initially titled "Amina Eleha" had to change the title to AFOMO having realised the religious implication of the film's title. I strongly believe that this will bring a perpetual end to the rift and religious crisis will be totally avoided. Let's dont always cast blames on muslims cos if given chance they will give lucid explanations and justifications to their actions which every unbiased soul will uphold and respect.[/size]
Finally, let us always use our posts here to shed reasonable lights on issue based on unbiased opinion. This will show the world how resourceful we are in Nigeria in the area of conflict management and societal re-engineering. I RISE!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
Busy_body:

http://anglicandioceseofjos.org/dogo.html

For the viewing pleasure of baba ibadan and bashy_demy, trying to justify why those people who commit these types of atrocious despicable acts against their fellow human kind, do it, i.e. Christians should not produce a film, and call it alfa, otherwise they deserve it, I BOW FOR UNA cry cry cry

Ummmmm
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Ummmmm

How could a "sect" of human being justify this act, not keep it to themself and have the audacity to come to a public arena to defend it - something as silly and silly and mundane and senseless as "they are ridiculing the name "alfa" by using it in a film title, mind you it is not Mohammed's name been mentioned now oh - just the name "alfa" undecided Is illiteracy to blame undecided

I guess the rest of the world (the kaffirs) should just go deaf, blind and dumb and invisible, cos it seems this is the only way "they" cannot be offended undecided undecided
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
My sister . . . .education is a great asset.
But trust me the real people that worship islam will not do what happened . . . . so i think there is more to what we know, that we dont know
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^ My question still remain why dont the illeterate Xtians, Buddhist, Hindu, Freethinkers and Ifa worshippers go on rampage?

Why is it that only "Moslems do
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 8:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

My sister . . . .education is a great asset.
But trust me the real people that worship islam will not do what happened . . . . so i think there is more to what we know, that we dont know

I beg to differ, these ones on here are the so-called moderate ones, yet do you notice how they never seem to come out to publicly condemn the fanatics in their midst, but instead try to justify why they do what they do?

This is their(moderate ones') modus-operandi :-

* When a crime such as this happens, they get vocal and start spouting that "How are they sure it is the fanatics in our midst that is responsible?

* Then, they start blaming conspiracy theories.

* The next step, once confronted with enough evidence nailing them, is to come to their defence by sayng they are justified to act that way because they were marginalised, treated as second citizens, in poverty, etc.

* Then their own mask starts to slip too because the more you talk to them, the more they vent, that the victims of the fanatics deserves it, that they are sinners who needs to be flushed out anyway.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
Busy_body:

I beg to differ, these ones on here are the so-called moderate ones, yet do you notice how they never seem to come out to publicly condemn the fanatics in their midst, but instead try to justify why they do what they do?

This is their(moderate ones') modus-operandi :-

* When a crime such as this happens, they get vocal and start spouting that "How are they sure it is the fanatics in our midst that is responsible?

* Then, they start blaming conspiracy theories.

* The next step, once confronted with enough evidence nailing them, is to come to their defence by sayng they are justified to act that way because they were marginalised, treated as second citizens, in poverty, etc.

* Then their own mask starts to slip too because the more you talk to them, the more they vent, that the victims of the fanatics deserves it, that they are sinners who needs to be flushed out anyway.

Deep
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by safariman(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
Moslem leaders need to forcefully speak out against these people that are hijacking their religion. Moslems do live side by side with other faiths in many countries without any problem. US is an example, Nigeria needs a government that would protect her people irrespective of ones tribe or religious affiliation,
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
safariman:

Moslem leaders need to forcefully speak out against these people that are hijacking their religion. Moslems do live side by side with other faiths in many countries without any problem. US is an example, Nigeria needs a government that would protect her people irrespective of ones tribe or religious affiliation,

The govt are so afraid of speaking out, cos they wanted the approval of same people . . . .lunacy is not easy to cure
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
safariman:

Methinks the only reason they conform in US is because after 9/11, they got villified and became outcasts and had to lie low because most Americans were prepared to take laws into their own hands and start blasting their brains off with their guns for daring to step to them on their soil,

Compared to the UK , after Jack Straw tastelessly started leafleting the whole of London with a "The Muslims are your friends" leaflet a day after the bombing of 7/7, where they rose in number, became more obnoxious, forced a lot of their women into wearing the full niqab, trying to force their kids to do the same, started postulating and prancing around like prized idiots that they would not rest until the flag of Islam is flying on Buckingham Palace and Britain becomes a sharia state, using legal aids to sue employers at every given opportunity for flimsy excuses on religious grounds, bending the Government's hand to allocate them more funding for religious schools, making the Government bend the rules about bigamy so they can marry as many wives as they want, refusing to sell/handle alcohol at work forcing factories making pork products for hundreds of years before their ancestors even realised their was a place called United Kingdom to close because as muslims, they are allergic to pork, hence shouldn't have to put up with the smell of pork wafting from those factories, etc
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
Busy_body:

Methinks the only reason they conform in US is because after 9/11, they got villified and became outcasts and had to lie low because most Americans were prepared to take laws into their own hands and start blasting their brains off with their guns for daring to step to them on their soil,

Compared to the UK , after Jack Straw tastelessly started leafleting the whole of London with a "The Muslims are your friends" leaflet a day after the bombing of 7/7, where they rose in number, became more obnoxious, forced a lot of their women into wearing the full niqab, trying to force their kids to do the same, started postulating and prancing around like prized idiots that they would not rest until the flag of Islam is flying on Buckingham Palace and Britain becomes a sharia state, using legal aids to sue employers at every given opportunity for flimsy excuses on religious grounds, bending the Government's hand to allocate them more funding for religious schools, making the Government bend the rules about bigamy so they can marry as many wives as they want, refusing to sell/handle alcohol at work forcing factories making pork products for hundreds of years before their ancestors even realised their was a place called United Kingdom to close because as muslims, they are allergic to pork, hence shouldn't have to put up with the smell of pork wafting from those factories, etc

This is true! It is amazing how Nigerians home do not understand the United States. In the United States, Muslims are vilified!!!

It is tough to be a Muslim in America. People look at them funny, just daring them to do something.

If a Muslim tried to do this in America, they would be wiped out in a day, by the white rednecks.

Remember U.S. used to be very quick to lynch blacks.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 8:37am On Mar 12, 2010
Did anyone vilify Ahmed Deedat or Mohammed Ali in the states?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sosoramon: 10:56am On Mar 12, 2010
can anybody fight for GOD/religion?even during the time of the prophets(N uh-Noah, Isa-Jesus, Musa--Moses, , , Muhammad) non of them ever fought for religion but instead they do preach the words of GOD Almighty, the oneness of GOD and that there is heaven & hell. Let us all remember that GOD can fight for HIMSELF, HE is the ALPHA and the OMEGA, He knows why He created good & bad, He's  not going to lose anything if He does not create evil but He knows best. All this killing and killing i believe that all these people are doing it for their own reasons well known to them not for GOD or for any religion.Religion has come to teach us on how to live a sin-free life. Remember [[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][s]b]thou shall not k
ill
[/s][/font][/font] cool lipsrsealed[/b]
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by safariman(m): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2010
@EzeUche
I don't think moslems are vilified in the US some of them especially AA moslems (Nations of Islam) are even respected. You should know, there are many mosques and moslem schools here in the Washington metro area with no problem
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
muslims are[b] not[/b] villified in the US. If anything at all, they started getting more converts and high profiles after sept 11.

the patriot act covers the population in general, not just muslims.

the issue of blacks is a different matter. They may be facing the same problems they had before, or the problems may have increased in spite of obama being in the white house.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by vocalist(f): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
I cry cry cry cryshame the Muslims but it looks as if their opposing with their maker, because doom is pending them if their refuse to heed to the moral teachings of that Christian film that is troubling their evil performance
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by FBS: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2010
I just realised that I had this movie "take heed" all along. Funny enough, I must have watched it and can't remember seeing anything offensive in it.
So why the whole fuzz about nothing? or is it because of the "Alfa Sule" tag?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2010
i had to go see the film

i think the prob with the film stems from where an Alfa couldnt save a young boi who got rooted to the ground after trying to pick money on the ground. in addition to the Alfa, other religious sects came over to rescue the boi but got glued to the same spot.

However, a young xtian boi came to pray and subsequently. freed everybody in 2mins

even tho im a xtian, i'll say it is an affront on other religions in the country. In a country where religious crisis have been the order of the day in times past, the owner,author,Director of that 'alfa sule' movie should have exercised some restraints.

Be that as it may, i do not see the reason for any blood letting. If the film will trigger any violence in the country, the worst that the govt/regulators will do is to take the film from the market. whats all these songs of war for?
if anybody feels he can replicate what happens in the North in Ibadan, the person must be high on bar beach water. It will be tantamount to suicide
nothing more
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by murajh: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
[b](i had to go see the film

i think the prob with the film stems from where an Alfa couldnt save a young boi who got rooted to the ground after trying to pick money on the ground. in addition to the Alfa, other religious sects came over to rescue the boi but got glued to the same spot.

However, a young xtian boi came to pray and subsequently. freed everybody in 2mins

even tho im a xtian, i'll say it is an affront on other religions in the country. In a country where religious crisis have been the order of the day in times past, the owner,author,Director of that 'alfa sule' movie should have exercised some restraints.

Be that as it may, i do not see the reason for any blood letting. If the film will trigger any violence in the country, the worst that the govt/regulators will do is to take the film from the market. whats all these songs of war for?
if anybody feels he can replicate what happens in the North in Ibadan, the person must be high on bar beach water. It will be tantamount to suicide
nothing more
[/b]
@sleek417 God bless you.You talk sense!.You see what some pple posted on this issue is like they are pray and ready for religion crisis in ibadan and their prayer will not be answered
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by 9jii(m): 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
European worshipers because u dominated this site never make mistake of thinking u can dominate this land.ALLAH IS THE GREATEST AND ONLY TRUE GOD THE CREATOR OF ALL
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by tylesh(f): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
, dont blame them cos their mentality is zero.If they dont like the film,they shd go & die.They are just being envious of xtians.Dey just feel they can issue out threats cos xtians dont retaliate, it wld shock them,, "anyone who strikes u strikes wat is most precious to me"ZECHARIAH 2:8b

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Sylvester Ezeani, INEC Commissioner Over N223bn Diezani Bribe / Is Insertion Of Alpha Beta Consulting Justifiable In The Land Use Act? / Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.