Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,356 members, 7,843,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12419 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Igwe9(m): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
lannre:

I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the recent speech by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach. Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious sentiments and we need a change !
I wish others share the same opinion with ya! smiley
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by darqly(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
@lannre, I hate to be the spoilsport but you'd be a marked target if you find yourself in kano during one of their perennial bloodfests. Hausa muslims HATE other muslims cos you are liberal,hence when the beheadings begin,yoruba muslims are accorded 'fastlane' service. Sorry if i sound so crude but i live up north and i've seen what muslims do to co-muslims.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
lannre:

I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the recent speech by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach. Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious sentiments and we need a change !

ummm sorry to say but this shouldnt be preached to christians but rather muslims in the mosque. LETS BE HONEST
We know quran doesnt say kill people and neither does the bible.
But why do some say

Muslims have been circulating tracts alleging that Christians have been demonising Islam and if this is not checked, said prominent Muslims, it could result in the burning of churches, killing and maiming of Christians, especially pastors and founders of churches.

“We are warning Christians. Enough of this rubbish. We don’t want religious confrontation in the state. There can’t be peace where there is no respect for others.”

You would never hear a christian esp a yoruba christian saying nonsense such as the above statement. So please instead of saying it here when you go to the mosque tell your own muslim bros cause we know christians wont wake up in the middle of the night and start slaughtering people because of what some muslims said negatively about christianity.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
Someone made cartoons in Denmark and Naija moslems start killing xtians.

If you stop Abdul and ask why are you killing John.

Answer: Someone insulted the Prophet

Question: Who?

Answer: A xtian

Question Where

Answer:

Question: So why are you going to kill John?

Answer: ?

But when we look at it, Moslems are always fighting every other religion. And the tolerance they want, they cant give to other religion.

In US and Europe we have Large mosques, Where in thos Moslem countries do you have Xtians able to worship without fear.

While I was serving in Bauchi, It didnt rain for like 2 months and a warning was issued that all xtians should leave because we are the ones descecrating the land.

The authorities had to tell them that if they touch any Corper, the entire village would be wiped out by the FG.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Question Where

Answer:

But when we look at it, Moslems are always fighting every other religion. And the tolerance they want, they cant give to other religion.

In US and Europe we have Large mosques, Where in thos Moslem countries do you have Xtians able to worship without fear.

While I was serving in Bauchi, It didnt rain for like 2 months and a warning was issued that all xtians should leave because we are the ones descecrating the land.

The authorities had to tell them that if they touch any Corper, the entire village would be wiped out by the FG.

shocked shocked
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Thats how they behave their.

If a woman does not cover her head or wears trouser she would be stoned by kids while the elderly ones would be watching amused.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by safariman(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think lack of education, poor economic condition and poor governance by not openly criticizing anyone or group advocating violence led us to where we are. The sad part is it is not only limited to Nigeria, but in old Yugoslavia countires (Albanians, Croats, Phalanges, Sarajevo etc )and other countries as well.

I can guaranty that each one of us has a christian or Muslim friend who believes in non violent and does not advocate or support killing in the name of religion, but believes in coexistence.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by chic2pimp(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Thats how they behave their.

If a woman does not cover her head or wears trouser she would be stoned by kids while the elderly ones would be watching amused.

That's now how they behave, rather it's how the extremist amongst them behave.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by onyengbu1(m): 3:08am On Mar 09, 2010
All you people saying that it will never happen in ibadan should think again.
Ten years ago, nobody would have imagined that it can happen in jos.
It is never goin to be yoruba xtians and muslims against each other. They will simply import their brothers from up north.

I wonder why the guy that issued that threat should not be arrested now. Also, even though i dont know why a muslim should be watching or be concerned by what is done in a xtian movie, i still do not see why dat church will choose 'castigating' islam as their form of evangelisation even though they are aware of the mixed nature of ibadan religiously. There are tons of other effective means to spread their gospel. I am not sure dat xtians in iraq were converted by movies made against islam. Anyone who tried it would not have lived to see his/her converts.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 09, 2010
The world is ready to fight Islamization!!!!! We have fought many other evil ideologies before Nazism anyone? Read the gospel of Bukhari in the Quran. The problem with Muslims is that they don't read the Quran and if they ever do, they only read the parts they want to read.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 3:31am On Mar 09, 2010
Yorubaland is about to descend into anarchy. And this are Yorubas vs. Yorubas. I do not understand this. This is how the Hausa-Fulani sowed the seeds of discord in Yorubaland.

We the people of the East, must break out of this union now, before they drag us down .
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 4:23am On Mar 09, 2010
EzeUche:

Yorubaland is about to descend into anarchy. And this are Yorubas vs. Yorubas. I do not understand this. This is how the Hausa-Fulani sowed the seeds of discord in Yorubaland.

We the people of the East, must break out of this union now, before they drag us down .

Having unrestricted access to the net should not necessarily result in one constantly embarassing himself by making unguarded and imbecilic comments.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Beaf: 4:57am On Mar 09, 2010
Katsumoto:

Having unrestricted access to the net should not necessarily result in one constantly embarassing himself by making unguarded and imbecilic comments.

Tell him.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 5:56am On Mar 09, 2010
Katsumoto:

Living in a delusional world, in which the writing is on the wall.

PRICELESS
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by RichyBlacK(m): 6:07am On Mar 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Question Where

Answer:

Extremist Islam will die a sure death! There is no future for those Muslims who believe violence is their birthright.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Onlytruth(m): 6:36am On Mar 09, 2010
onye_ngbu:

All you people saying that it will never happen in ibadan should think again.
Ten years ago, nobody would have imagined that it can happen in jos.
It is never goin to be yoruba xtians and muslims against each other. They will simply import their brothers from up north.

I wonder why the guy that issued that threat should not be arrested now. Also, even though i dont know why a muslim should be watching or be concerned by what is done in a xtian movie, i still do not see why dat church will choose 'castigating' islam as their form of evangelisation even though they are aware of the mixed nature of ibadan religiously. There are tons of other effective means to spread their gospel. I am not sure dat xtians in iraq were converted by movies made against islam. Anyone who tried it would not have lived to see his/her converts.

That is why we must start keeping a close eye on all these "Abdullaziz Muhammad Chukwukadibia"s and the "Mustapha Bin Hilal Nwachukwu"s of Igboland. grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry

Orji Kalu gave them plots in Aba or Umuahia to build mosques. They never give C of Os to churches in Kano. angry angry angry

Muslims simply don't practice peace or tolerance, no doubt!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 6:43am On Mar 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

That is why we must start keeping a close eye on all these "Abdullaziz Muhammad Chukwukadibia"s and the "Mustapha Bin Hilal Nwachukwu"s of Igboland. grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry

Orji Kalu gave them plots in Aba or Umuahia to build mosques. They never give C of Os to churches in Kano. angry angry angry

Orji Kalu is a fool. Those mosques are blemishes in Umuahia and Aba.

Forget Abia State, give us ABA STATE!!!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by joeyfire(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2010
Islam is the common denominator in 8 out of 10 conflicts in every part of the world. Whether we agree or not the screw is turning and its going to explode if we're not prayerful. I dont know why those people just cant live in peace with the rest of the world. In india they're fighting sikhs and hindus, in china they're trying but the communist government has brutally kept them quiet, in muslim dominated parts of england (bradford in particular) non-muslims are intimidated and harrassed. Xtians by nature do not fight but turn the other cheek thats what is saving all these islamic warriors otherwise they would have been wiped out long ago.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

An igbo man is currently the cancellor of sabon gari in kano state. can this happen in igbo land?
well i hope in the years of our children may be nigeria will be one, one people one nation. but for now something need to be done.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2010
they should stop heating up the polity
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by yemmight(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2010
I find difficult not to believe they teach violence in mosques. This recent Ibadan speculations came as a result of one Alfa Sule Drama called Take Heed. Any reasoning person should understand that the drama is just passing a message. If they are the only one complaining what do they want White Garments churches do? Wht do they want native doctors, magic proffs, goodess do? Honestly no muslim can convince that they don't preach violence. No.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2010
WELL, AS FOR ME, I WILL CALL ON GOVERNOR ALAO AKALA TO INTERVENE IMMEDIATELY AND AVERT ANY POSSIBLE BREAKDOWN OF LAW & ORDER. PREVENTION THEY SAY, IS BETTER THAN CURE. I PRAY THAT THE INCIDENCE OF JOS NEVER REPEAT ITSELF IN ANY PART OF THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Seun(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
The police should be at attention.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Krum: 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
It is really hard times for Nigeria, we need serious, fervent prayers for God to deliver us from political, economic and religious problems at this present era
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ttruth(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
God will save us from the hands of blood thristy muslims.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by tomialph(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
NO MATTER THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION,AN AVERAGE MUSLIM FANATIC WILL STILL REMAIN ILLITERATE,LOOK AT THE LIKES OF KUNLE SANNI,CHIEF AKINYEMI,AARE ARISEKOLA AND THEIR GRANDPATRON LATEEF ADEGBITE WITH THEIR HIGH LEVEL OF EDUCATION WITH EXCEPTION TO ARISEKOLA STILL BLEETING OVER A MERE FILM IN THIS 21st CENTURY, WHY CANT THEY GO TO COURT  THEY WILL BE SHOCKED WITH THE LEVEL OF RESISTANCE XTIANS WILL SHOW, SLOWPOKES
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by paypalguru: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
not again jare
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Mondiu: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
wow.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Afam4eva(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
And who says Nigeria is not doomed. Imagine a religious tension in Ibadan.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by paypalguru: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Is the Christian Muslim Bigotry necessary
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
t.truth:

God will save us from the hands of blood thristy muslims.

Amen, and GOD will fight on our behalf.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by tkb417(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
EzeUche:

dont you think this kinda statement should make you visit a psychiatrist?

are you ok at all? you need to visit a native Doctor quick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari / 16 Permanent Secretaries Retire; FG Looking For Replacement / Justice John Tsoho Sworn-In As Acting Chief Judge Of The Federal High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.