Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,322 members, 7,842,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12418 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 3:01am On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am biting my fingers and trying so hard not to get involve in this religion talk.
yes you are right but still we dont have to be silence or else things will get worse and in future they migt ask what was your contribution not to make things worse then.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:22am On Mar 10, 2010
^^^ I will chose to be mute . . . . I will rather talk about how we can move things forward, cos i dont wanna get involved in bashing some religion all cos of some hard nuts
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by diobi: 3:23am On Mar 10, 2010
i don't believe it.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:25am On Mar 10, 2010
diobi:

i don't believe it.
I am sure if people of Jos were told on saturday night that 500 people will be killed on sunday morning, they would have said, they dont blv it.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 4:11am On Mar 10, 2010
but why there is no prophecy agaist the riot?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by johnieblaz: 7:43am On Mar 10, 2010
am sure purestboy must be a mad man,he does nt knw wat i went tru to put my famili 2geda.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by chelseabmw(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2010
seriously what can all these muslims do in ibadan, abi yoruba people dey fear dem?? make dey try am for benin here make dem see fire
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Builder: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2010
Muslims ready to slice off anyones head for insulting Allah or mohammed, rioting and packing planes in building. Pastors ready to enriched their pockets by scamming their church people of their lifesavings all in the name of donation and tithes and traditional worshippers on the look out for fresh heads and blood to entice their gods. Really, whats the positive significance of religion in todays nigeria, whereas nigeria every second is decending to a new low.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by FBS: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2010
It's beyond belief why the mention of a name. . .any name should result into killing of innocent people!!

Alfa Sule, Angel Fatai. . .so damn what? What is the big deal?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by hannydarl(f): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2010
Eiii na wa o all these moslems here justifying the murder of people just because of what was written about islam
When the great staue of budah was blown down those budhists showed the peace in their religion by letting their god do the fighting for them they did not rise in arms against moslem o
When moslems preach against christianity the church did not rise up in arms against them o there are mosques in westen ,eastern and southern states right in the middle of the town yet I dont think moslem states will allow a church close to the city center without burnning it down
why is it that moslems are too swift to carry the sword?
The mention of peace in islam still leaves me baffled

PS: now I sit and wait to be beheaded by a peaceful moslem who took offence in my mentioning islam.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bilms(m): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2010
I watch thread grow on nl, moving from religion section to islam,

but i must be sincere with you guys,

I am a muslim, and a proud one indeed,

some people claim to believe in God but they do not.

the Christians have always love to insult islam in argument in the name of condemning it. if you go to the religion section even here on nl, u will see a clear religious argument between xtians and muslim and b4 u know it, the xtian will raise abuse on Allah and mohammed, why must u insult others in the name of condemning there religion?, if u don't have more points to back your claim, u shut up and go do more search, but instead of d xtians do that, they start abusing muslims, but for the muslims, we cant start abusing Jesus because we know is importance.

when u watch them abuse ur religion, they enjoy doing it and even feel good about it.some times u get annoyed an respond, upon responding, the xtains get angry and from there if the muslim person is not a patient type, they will end up using abusive word on each other,

if you go to the religious section, you will understand what am saying,

if these can be happening on the internet where we do not see each other, what do you think will happen if its physical?

learn to respect other peoples religion,

quote author=Builder link=topic=409951.msg5661912#msg5661912 date=1268204548]
Muslims ready to slice off anyones head for insulting Allah or mohammed, rioting and packing planes in building. Pastors ready to enriched their pockets by scamming their church people of their lifesavings all in the name of donation and tithes and traditional worshippers on the look out for fresh heads and blood to entice their gods. Really, whats the positive significance of religion in todays nigeria, whereas nigeria every second is decending to a new low.
[/quote]

why should u insult Allah or muhammed in the first place, if you dont beleive them, no one is forcing u to,

[quote author=hannydarl link=topic=409951.msg5661984#msg5661984 date=1268206349]
Eiii na wa o all these moslems here justifying the murder of people just because of what was written about islam
When the great staue of budah was blown down those budhists showed the peace in their religion by letting their god do the fighting for them they did not rise in arms against moslem o
When moslems preach against christianity the church did not rise up in arms against them o there are mosques in westen ,eastern and southern states right in the middle of the town yet I dont think moslem states will allow a church close to the city center without burnning it down
why is it that moslems are too swift to carry the sword?
The mention of peace in islam still leaves me baffled

PS: now I sit and wait to be beheaded by a peaceful moslem who took offence in my mentioning islam.

from time, xtian have always been preaching against islam and muslims have always been preaching against xtian and that did not result into fight,

but why give islam the wrong interpretation b4 the public, if u preach against me, that's good, but do not say what i don't do. don't say i am what i am not,

when they lie against u in the name of preaching, that is wrong,
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by pafun(m): 10:25am On Mar 10, 2010
I watched the film and it had nothing to do with Islam other than "Alfa Sule". It is essentially a comedy and it parodies almost all the religions including white garment churches and traditional. Harmless fun as far as I could see.

This will only make Alfa Sule a multi millionaire as everyone will now want to watch the film. Lucky guy.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by honsule(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2010
The Number one problem in the world 2day is RELIGION. grin grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by igboboy1(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2010
How can someone be honest with himself and say islam=peace? really?

Bosnia na una, india na una, pakistan na una, russia na una, uk na una, AMerican na una, spain na una, france na una, Jos na una, shooo make una take time, enough is enough

Mohammed is an @$$hole for inventing such stupid cult
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by igboboy1(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2010
bilms:

I watch thread grow on nl, moving from religion section to islam,

but i must be sincere with you guys,

I am a muslim, and a proud one indeed,

some people claim to believe in God but they do not.

the Christians have always love to insult islam in argument in the name of condemning it. if you go to the religion section even here on nl, u will see a clear religious argument between xtians and muslim and b4 u know it, the xtian will raise abuse on Allah and mohammed, why must u insult others in the name of condemning there religion?, if u don't have more points to back your claim, u shut up and go do more search, but instead of d xtians do that, they start abusing muslims, but for the muslims, we cant start abusing Jesus because we know is importance.

when u watch them abuse your religion, they enjoy doing it and even feel good about it.some times u get annoyed an respond, upon responding, the xtains get angry and from there if the muslim person is not a patient type, they will end up using abusive word on each other,

if you go to the religious section, you will understand what am saying,

if these can be happening on the internet where we do not see each other, what do you think will happen if its physical?

learn to respect other peoples religion,

quote author=Builder link=topic=409951.msg5661912#msg5661912 date=1268204548]

from time, xtian have always been preaching against islam and muslims have always been preaching against xtian and that did not result into fight,

but why give islam the wrong interpretation b4 the public, if u preach against me, that's good, but do not say what i don't do. don't say i am what i am not,

when they lie against u in the name of preaching, that is wrong,

you are a big fool, insulting each other is not the problem,

The truth remains a muslim can insult jesus all he wants and nobody would wear a suicide bomb to kill him

Somebody rightfully put mohammed in his place and all hell breaks loose, why so violence

Lets keep it at exchanging words and not to the extent you go carry daggger and machine gun, bleeping zealot
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by honsule(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2010
igbo boy:

Mohammed is an @$$hole for inventing such silly cult

wow
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Stevo30: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2010
i am ashamed for muslim. why them all the time. Cant they allow their god to fight for themselves. There is a lady in Lagos that sang some blasphemous song a against Christianity, nobody has called for her to be killed. If she has even mentioned islam in that song, i am sure they would have called for fatwa on her.

I wonder while any sane person will call islam, a religion of peace. Quiet to the contrary, there is something wrong with islam or its adherents.

As for Ibadan, its all noise, the stupid man that was talking, i sure has his cousins and relatives who are christians. They can try to forment trouble, but it wouldnt be sustainable. Bastard yoruba children, if you are not happy being Ibadan, you better move to Bauchi, Maiduguri, Gusau, Kano to join your brothers
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Abagworo(m): 11:39am On Mar 10, 2010
as far as i am concerned religion is a falsehood instilled into peoples brain by some wiser people like moses,krishna,confuscius etc.the sooner we realise that the only lasting mark we leave in this world is good name the better for us all.religion is spiritual politics aimed at controlling lowly minded.if we love ourselves ,all these things wouldnt come up in the first place
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by splashbaby(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
honsule:

The Number one problem in the world 2day is RELIGION. grin grin
True talk
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by babsmii(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
islam + illiteracy could be so disastrous, they are easily brainwashed, very silly muttallabssss, u can imagine someone who wants 12virgins in heaven killing innocent people, i wonder if somepeople think at all
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by nigerhead(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2010
while I dislike going into religous arguements, I want my Moslem brothers to please think, some said that we insult Prophet Mohamed, dont you Moslems also insult Jesus Christ, but do you see Xtains up in arms saying they would kill all of you Moslems. I have in my school here a Moslem guy that constantly says the most rubbish things you can say about christianity, but I havnt thot of slapping him yet (well I'm thinking about it now! grin grin grin) talk less of killing him. Before I left Nigeria, there was also this Moslem guy that went about in a bus, preaching against christianity, I tink he even now got airtime on Lagos Television, and the whole crux of his preaching was against christianity, and nobody has thot of killing him yet.

Even illiterate christians do not think of killing Moslems because of difference in religion, which alludes that unfortunately it is the educated moslems that are encouraging all this killing.

Nigeria has too many problems than for it to be taken down the path of Religous war.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by igboboy1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
was it not in this same Ibadan some years back when one of these white evangleist came to town and a local pastors son was putting up posters around the city to advertize the event, then some group of muslims killed him?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by beejaay: 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
i think u guys shd think carefully.y is that xxtains dont like ssaying thhe trut?as much as i dont like the treat and wat as been happeninng accross the globe.whenn xtians do crazy things they call it collateral damage but when is doe by muslims they call it act of terrorism.this dont av respect for the islamic religion thats the basic reasonn for titling thei play alfa sulee and go as far as doing a script portraying islam.this iis ridiculouus.the group are siimply trying to make the xtians faith the superior.how will u feel as aa xtians if someone told u that islam is superior to xtainiity and they go as far as portrayiing it in falsehood mmanner?the issue oif joos as oprtrryed was a revenge of wat happe to the muslis foolks but we are all here cruiifyiing the muslims foor the evil job.dot misquote me i dont support it and will nnever will.in the preliminary fight in jos alost all the live lost and propert belongs to the uslims and the muslims didnt cry about saying xtais kill them and all that but now the xtais are shoouting.let us all fight what is not good and ecourage wat is great.the future of nigerians belong to uus all so lets thread wisely and be neutral in reeligious issue
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by ud4u: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
I tire for this muslim and their religion of peace, can man fight for God That is why I like Christianity, their God fight for himself because he is not a dead God.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by darqly(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2010
@beejay- when u say preliminary fight in jos,which one are u refering to? Was it 2001 that started on a friday after u divided arms or the last one that started after some muslim retards burnt a church on a sunday,oh and with the worshippers still inside? The problem is that so-called enlightened muslims like urself,silently encourage your almajiri killers by not openly condemning them. Here you are making a folly of urself claiming it was as a result of attacks STARTED by christians! Truth be told,have u EVER heard of christians leavin church on a sunday and burning mosques on their way home?or killing imams because some fool said Jesus was gay? U lot are too damn violent,and this incident has shown the world what ALL of you truly are- Savages. Without christianty and western civilization, you people are the poorest,saddest lot on the face of the earth. We won't always suffer violence,the day we stand up to islam,it'll be the whole world against you.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2010
beejaay:

i think u guys shd think carefully.y is that xxtains dont like ssaying thhe trut?as much as i dont like the treat and wat as been happeninng accross the globe.whenn xtians do crazy things they call it collateral damage but when is doe by muslims they call it act of terrorism.this dont av respect for the islamic religion thats the basic reasonn for titling thei play alfa sulee and go as far as doing a script portraying islam.this iis ridiculouus.the group are siimply trying to make the xtians faith the superior.how will u feel as aa xtians if someone told u that islam is superior to xtainiity and they go as far as portrayiing it in falsehood mmanner?the issue oif joos as oprtrryed was a revenge of wat happe to the muslis foolks but we are all here cruiifyiing the muslims foor the evil job.dot misquote me i dont support it and will nnever will.in the preliminary fight in jos alost all the live lost and propert belongs to the uslims and the muslims didnt cry about saying xtais kill them and all that but now the xtais are shoouting.let us all fight what is not good and ecourage wat is great.the future of nigerians belong to uus all so lets thread wisely and be neutral in reeligious issue

And that is enuf to kill innocent children?
Those that were killed in Jos, were they the writer and the editor of the movie?
I think we need to be rational how we do things.
Even if people say something about a religion and u dont agree with it, let God be the judge and not go on killing spree of innocent people.
Even if any Christian is found doing this, they shd make sure they face the law.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by FBS: 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
I read in Herald Tribune that a 4 -day old baby clad in diapers was killed!!!! shocked angry

These people are barbarians!!! Damn it.
The police should at least be able to arrest one of the culprits and he should be made to face the firing squad.

WTF!!!!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
FBS:

I read in Herald Tribune that a 4 -day old baby clad in diapers was killed!!!! shocked angry

These people are barbarians!!! Damn it.
The police should at least be able to arrest one of the culprits and he should be made to face the firing squad.

WTF!!!!

Can u imagine and some people are justifying it all cos some people made a movie called Alfa Sule . . . .
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Can u imagine and some people are justifying it all cos some people made a movie called Alfa Sule . . . .

Fhemmmy:

And that is enuf to kill innocent children?
Those that were killed in Jos, were they the writer and the editor of the movie?
I think we need to be rational how we do things.
Even if people say something about a religion and u dont agree with it, let God be the judge and not go on killing spree of innocent people.
Even if any Christian is found doing this, they shd make sure they face the law.

They dont understand and cannot reason.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2010
sjeezy8:

They dont understand and cannot reason.

The world is now calling on the govt to make sure the culprits are brought to book, and i hope they will not go and pick some homeless on the street and pretend they are the bad guys . . . cos anything si possible with Nigerian govt all in the names of making themselves look good
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The world is now calling on the govt to make sure the culprits are brought to book, and i hope they will not go and pick some homeless on the street and pretend they are the bad guys . . . cos anything si possible with Nigerian govt all in the names of making themselves look good

Thats what they will do but im sure if they get ateast 30 herdsmen from surrounding areas they will atleast have info on what happen. Its only up for naija govt to do the questioning and work the case through instead of killing innocent people like they usually do. Its not that hard to find out who did it, the Naija govt are just to Lazy to do some critical thinking and investigating. we dont even know what they are being paid for

I swear I wish they can just import some FBI or CIA anyforeign investigators. all the investigations will be followed through.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2010
sjeezy8:

Thats what they will do but im sure if they get ateast 30 herdsmen from surrounding areas they will atleast have info on what happen. Its only up for naija govt to do the questioning and work the case through instead of killing innocent people like they usually do. Its not that hard to find out who did it, the Naija govt are just to Lazy to do some critical thinking and investigating. we dont even know what they are being paid for

I dont think it is about laziness, they just dont care . . . .as long as their mama and papa and pikin were not killed, they dont care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Fatima Kyari Elected As African Union Peace & Security Commissioner(pi / Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (PART 2) By FFK / Court Orders DSS To Grant Nnamdi Kanu Access To His Medical Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.