Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12416 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bluespice(f): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
fhemmy i'm with u on staying out of the religion ish
but sincerely we Nigerians have bastardized our religions so much that they're less than a shadow of their teachings.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by FBS: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The world is now calling on the govt to make sure the culprits are brought to book, and i hope they will not go and pick some homeless on the street and pretend they are the bad guys . . . cos anything si possible with Nigerian govt all in the names of making themselves look good
I pray they don't do this. . .because if they do, then there will be no difference between them and the barbarians who chose to kill innocent children in the name of religion.
I think I'm going to cry. Children!! Why kill them?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
bluespice:

fhemmy i'm with u on staying out of the religion ish
but sincerely we Nigerians have bastardized our religions so much that they're less than a shadow of their teachings.

I just wish we could all live and get along while we serve our God they way we want.
I wonder what the people that killed such people would do if their daughter wanna marry a Christian, they would probably kill the girl oh
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2010
FBS:

I pray they don't do this. . .because if they do, then there will be no difference between them and the barbarians who chose to kill innocent children in the name of religion.
I think I'm going to cry. Children!! Why kill them?

Are there any difference btw those killers and our govt?
I dont see any.
A govt that has nothing to offer to women and the children?
Common, do an average govt in Nigeria cares how a little child will go to school and how the little child will receive health care when there is a need for one, cos if they do, we would have all that we need.
Do they care about the future of the kids and cares how a mother will feed her kids when she has no job.
I dont see difference btw the killers and our govt, cos they ave killed the future of many.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by safariman(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
All these religious wars have been fought over time, but it doesn't make it right,
My take on all of these is with proper education, government tolerance of other faiths and by holding these religious leaders accountable for their instigation of riots and for the Islamic leaders to speak UP against these nonsense will go a long way,
All three main religions (Islam, Christianity and Judaism) have at one time of the other used violence, Ever heard of the crusaders? But this is modern age.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
Only if those that have ears would listen
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sojjy: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
I don't seem to understand wat people normally benefits from violence.I'm a xtain while other members of my family are practising Islam.We live together as family without any rancour.My uncle says Islam is a religion of peace but I have begin to doubt him wit the violence in the Northern part of the country caused by muslim fanatics and another drum of violence beat by muslim extremist in the south west.Wat is so special about the movie "takingheed"?Why?why?why?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
sojjy:

I don't seem to understand wat people normally benefits from violence.I'm a xtain while other members of my family are practising Islam.We live together as family without any rancour.My uncle says Islam is a religion of peace but I have begin to doubt him wit the violence in the Northern part of the country caused by muslim fanatics and another drum of violence beat by muslim extremist in the south west.Wat is so special about the movie "takingheed"?Why?why?why?

ummm
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by holotee(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
Notin dey sele !
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by beejaay: 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And that is enuf to kill innocent children?
Those that were killed in Jos, were they the writer and the editor of the movie?
I think we need to be rational how we do things.
Even if people say something about a religion and u dont agree with it, let God be the judge and not go on killing spree of innocent people.
Even if any Christian is found doing this, they shd make sure they face the law.
nobody in its ryt sense will supportkillings of innocent people.wat im saying is let blame everybodyinvolvw without exception. i  av neva seen anybody as neutral as iam when it coes to religion and culturaals issues.lets start  from NL.in this cureent topiccs hw many muslims can u see  and hw many xtians can u see their post.now try to check in the religion section and tell me hw many post u av seen about islam eeveen in some topics where the issue is religion argument av u ever seen any muslim abusing jjesus christ or something but u will see ppltagginng different name to islam,Allah and the prophhetthis is absurd.when u  ppl talk about movvies condemming xtainity,are these movies done by muslims or xtains.ii can state with boldness that no muslims will talk bad about jesus cos they so much beleive in him just like xtians do if not mmore thann to the extent that their holy quran talk and bless him.the main problem if u  can see it is the xtians and the western world.they wiill do anything just to crucifyislam.let me ask u aa question.if curse ur father and ur mother and u warned not to  do it again,for God sake wat is the best thing to do.wat will happen if i continue with the curse.if u are the patient type u will probably survive it like five  times before iu react.i can tell u that muslims are the most peace loving ppl on earth but they just lack media hype, av u ever wondered wat is happening in palestine,iraq,pakistan,afganistan etc.av u ever read wat happen before ther sept 911?i guess not instead ppl come here and make contribution based on wat their instinct tell them or based on their sentiment
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
beejaay:

nobody in its ryt sense will supportkillings of innocent people.wat im saying is let blame everybodyinvolvw without exception. i  av neva seen anybody as neutral as iam when it coes to religion and culturaals issues.lets start  from NL.in this cureent topiccs hw many muslims can u see  and hw many xtians can u see their post.now try to check in the religion section and tell me hw many post u av seen about islam eeveen in some topics where the issue is religion argument av u ever seen any muslim abusing jjesus christ or something but u will see ppltagginng different name to islam,Allah and the prophhetthis is absurd.when u  ppl talk about movvies condemming xtainity,are these movies done by muslims or xtains.ii can state with boldness that no muslims will talk bad about jesus cos they so much beleive in him just like xtians do if not mmore thann to the extent that their holy quran talk and bless him.the main problem if u  can see it is the xtians and the western world.they wiill do anything just to crucifyislam.let me ask u aa question.if curse your father and your mother and u warned not to  do it again,for God sake wat is the best thing to do.wat will happen if i continue with the curse.if u are the patient type u will probably survive it like five  times before iu react.i can tell u that muslims are the most peace loving ppl on earth but they just lack media hype, av u ever wondered wat is happening in palestine,iraq,pakistan,afganistan etc.av u ever read wat happen before ther sept 911?i guess not instead ppl come here and make contribution based on wat their instinct tell them or based on their sentiment

Forget about nairaland, i have seen so much comment made about Jesus and the Christians just laffed it off.
Remember when they were gonna have the Miss world in nigeria and a reporter said . . . .If mohammed was alive, he would have took one of the babes as a wife . . . .tell me what happened then, was that as insult?
I think we just all need to learn to live and let other live, we need to learn to leave the battle to God and not avenge for ourselves.
Now that they have done all the killing, what do u think would happen, if all the Christians started killing muslims with guns and not cutlasses.
Even the head of Christians in Jos, told the Christian not to fight . . . . .

i am done talking about this, cos i hate discussing religion, dont wanna sound like i wanna push my religion on people.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2010
igbo boy:

How can someone be honest with himself and say islam=peace? really?

Bosnia na una, india na una, pakistan na una, russia na una, uk na una, AMerican na una, spain na una, france na una, Jos na una, shooo make una take time, enough is enough

Mohammed is an @$$hole for inventing such silly cult

Silence they say is the best answer for a fool. No muslim will ever insult Christ, I insist. To my dear muslim brothers, remember this verse in the holy quran that " our religion is our religion, and theirs is theirs. We shall not worship what they worship nor shall they worship ours" If you really understand this, you will believe me that Islam is indeed a sysmbol of peace. Remember, some years ago NASFAT approached REDEEM or so to make use of their car park for the "Night of Blessing Programmes" during Ramadan and there was no disagreement between the two bodies. Pastor Adeboye went on to applaud this gesture by NASFAT. If you can't change them, let me be.A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Forget about nairaland, i have seen so much comment made about Jesus and the Christians just laffed it off.
Remember when they were gonna have the Miss world in nigeria and a reporter said . . . .If mohammed was alive, he would have took one of the babes as a wife . . . .tell me what happened then, was that as insult?
I think we just all need to learn to live and let other live, we need to learn to leave the battle to God and not avenge for ourselves.
Now that they have done all the killing, what do u think would happen, if all the Christians started killing muslims with guns and not cutlasses.
Even the head of Christians in Jos, told the Christian not to fight . . . . .

i am done talking about this, cos i hate discussing religion, dont wanna sound like i wanna push my religion on people.

@Fhemmy, I think you are negatively oriented. There is a big difference between religious crisis and ethnic violence. The Jos crisis is a good example of the latter. Read more, learn more so you can help ignorant ones like you.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
Why is it that most religious conflicts in the world involve Moslems.

I have seen articles in Newspapers and on the internet where Jesus was blasphemed called a homosexual, said to have studied witchcraft and other blasphemous things but when do you see Xtians taking up arms,

@Lanre_s Ethnic violence? Why is it only Moslems that are involved in Ethnic violence or Political crisis. Find examples below in the last 10years.

Mumbai shooting: Pakistani Moslems  vs Hindu.
Offa Kwara state: Nigerian Moslems vs Traditional worshippers.
Sudan: Arabian Moslems vs Xtian South.
London Trains : Moslems blow up trains (Arabian Moslems vs Agnostic/Freethinkers)
Southern Thailand: Thai Moslems vs Thai Buddhist
Middle East: Arab Moslems vs Israeli Jews
In Jos: Hausa-Fulani Moslem vs Plateau Christians
Bali Indonesia":  Moslems sect vs The rest of the world
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
lanre_s:

@Fhemmy, I think you are negatively oriented. There is a big difference between religious crisis and ethnic violence. The Jos crisis is a good example of the latter. Read more, learn more so you can help ignorant ones like you.

Thanks for calling me names, i wont call u names, cos i do blv in everyone sharing their opinion.
So now since u have called me names, hope u feel superior?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

I have seen articles in Newspapers and on the internet where Jesus was blasphemed called a homosexual, said to have studied witchcraft and other blasphemous things but when do you see Xtians taking up arms,

@Lanre_s Ethnic violence? Why is it only Moslems that are involved in Ethnic violence or Political crisis. Find examples below in the last 10years.

London Trains : Moslems blow up trains (Arabian Moslems vs Agnostic/Freethinkers)

Do you also notice that most of the regions you mentioned, were once colonies of Great Britain. That is food for thought.

Wherever the British were, they sowed the seeds of discontent in the region.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

@dayokanu, Is the word "Fanatics" strange to you?

Fhemmmy:

Thanks for calling me names, i wont call u names, cos i do blv in everyone sharing their opinion.
So now since u have called me names, hope u feel superior?

Nope, this should be an informative forum where opinions and knowledge are shared. Spreading false information and heating up the system is what I dislike.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2010
Do you also notice that most of the regions you mentioned, were once colonies of Great Britain. That is food for thought.

Wherever the British were, they sowed the seeds of discontent in the region.

I am not sure the Balkans are colonies of britain where we have ethnic Moslems fighting there.

How does British colonisation affect Moslems in Bali Indonesia who blew up a hotel or 9-11 ppl
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by rukhad: 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Seek knowledge and hold on to the truth. Offa Kwara State crisis is not between Moslems and Traditional worshippers and there was no killing between Moslems and Traditional worshippers. Find out the truth before you open your bucal cavity.

Lanre_s thanks Fhemmy is realy negatively oriented.

May be your other quotes are like that of Offa
Dont misinform Nairalanders.  tongue
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
lanre_s:

Nope, this should be an informative forum where opinions and knowledge are shared. Spreading false information and heating up the system is what I dislike.

Which was?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
rukhad:

Seek knowledge and hold on to the truth. Offa Kwara State crisis is not between Moslems and Traditional worshippers and there was no killing between Moslems and Traditional worshippers. Find out the truth before you open your bucal cavity.

Lanre_s thanks Fhemmy is realy negatively oriented.

May be your other quotes are like that of Offa
Dont misinform Nairalanders.  tongue

You mean to tell me that the prob at Jos was ethnical and was not religious based?
Was that was reported in the news?
So tell me, how is alfa sule movie related to the ethics here, cos sule could be of eithe ethnic and alfa could be of any ethnic as well.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@dayokanu, Is the word "Fanatics" strange to you?

Is Fanatics synonymous to Islam alone? How come we dont have Buddhist fanatics killing Xtians,
Jewish Fanatics killing Buddhists,
Ifa Fanatics killing Sango,
Atheist Fanatics killing Hindu?

Offa Kwara State crisis is not between Moslems and Traditional worshippers and there was no killing between Moslems and Traditional worshippers. Find out the truth before you open your bucal cavity.

Were you in offa when a statue was pulled down by Moslems calling it an abomination?

Were you in Oshogbo when Moslems stripped a Masquerade calling the religion an abomination?

So the Offa crisis was between who and who? Moslems and trees?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Is Fanatics synonymous to Islam alone? How come we dont have Buddhist fanatics killing Xtians,

Were you in offa when a statue was pulled down by Moslems calling it an abomination?

Were you in Oshogbo when Moslems stripped a Masquerade calling the religion an abomination?

@dayokanu, you don't get it. Our level of tolerance differs. These guys are extremists, but it is very wrong to refer to all muslims as terrorists. There are fanatics in all religions, but their atrocities enjoy less publicity in the media.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2010
lanre_s:

@dayokanu, you don't get it. Our level of tolerance differs. These guys are extremists, but it is very wrong to refer to all muslims as terrorists. There are fanatics in all religions, but their atrocities enjoy less publicity in the media.

That is very true.
My blv is that in every human, there is a bad in every 12.
There are wonderful and great people that practice islam and we cant label them bad cos of the bad ones, and also, there are bad Christians, and we can call all Christians, bad.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by rukhad: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
[
dayokanu:

I was in Offa.

Hear yourself you said a STATUE was pulled down not a human being.
No blood was shed and no live was lost.
Offa issue is very different from what we are discussing dont be a confusionist.
Throw sentiment into the gabbage and be reasonable.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Fhemmy and lanre,

I still ask Is Fanatics synonymous to Islam alone? How come we dont have Buddhist fanatics killing Xtians,

if you are in Nigeria tell me where Xtians clashed with Traditional worshippers. or where Freethinkers clash with other religions except Moslems.

In oshogbo, Ibadan, Offa, Jos we have xtians, Moslems and traditional why is it that the "fanatical" xtians there dont clash with traditional worshippers but Moslems have disputes with the other parties

Hear yourself you said a STATUE was pulled down not a human being.
No blood was shed and no live was lost.
Offa issue is very different from what we are discussing dont be a confusionist

A statue the symbol of other peoples worship was pulled down Just like someone destroying a mosque, Is that not equivalent to formenting trouble.

Since you were in offa, Can you tell us what happened?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

@Fhemmy and lanre,

I still ask Is Fanatics synonymous to Islam alone? How come we dont have Buddhist fanatics killing Xtians,

if you are in Nigeria tell me where Xtians clashed with Traditional worshippers. or where Freethinkers clash with other religions except Moslems.

In oshogbo, Ibadan, Offa, Jos we have xtians, Moslems and traditional why is it that the "fanatical" xtians there dont clash with traditional worshippers but Moslems have disputes with the other parties

A statue the symbol of other peoples worship was pulled down Just like someone destroying a mosque, Is that not equivalent to formenting trouble.

Since you were in offa, Can you tell us what happened?

I have so many friends that practices islam, my best business partner is a Moslem and he is more than a partner to me, he is like a brother.
I will not discredit the whole of Islam cos of some retard . . . .
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Which was?

That the fulanis (predominantly muslims) attacked these innocent women and children did not mean they were fighting another Jihad. The newspaper reported that the attack was a retaliation. We are all condemning this barbaric act; but to make us believe that it has a religious undertone is hypocritical.
On Alfa Sule, kindly read my earlier post. I have said it times without number that somethings are better left untouched.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
lanre_s:

That the fulanis (predominantly muslims) attacked these innocent women and children did not mean they were fighting another Jihad. The newspaper reported that the attack was a retaliation. We are all condemning this barbaric act; but to make us believe that it has a religious undertone is hypocritical.
On Alfa Sule, kindly read my earlier post. I have said it times without number that somethings are better left untouched.

What amazes me is how we do blv things when it is convenient.
So the attack was retaliating what?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmy,

You still havent answered my question.

1) Do we have fanatics in other religion, if yes. why dont they attack other ppl?

out of 10 religious crises in the world 8 involves Moslems. Why?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Fhemmy,

You still havent answered my question.

1) Do we have fanatics in other religion, if yes. why dont they attack other ppl?

out of 10 religious crises in the world 8 involves Moslems. Why?

Ofcourse we do have fanatics in other religions.
The way they show their fanatism is by dying to self and accept it all.

the other 2 case are done by who?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
I dont want to say 10 out of 10 but it seem like 10/10 involves Moslems

Ofcourse we do have fanatics in other religions.
The way they show their fanatism is by dying to self and accept it all.

So you agree that the only Fanatics who kill other religions are Moslems or the ones I know are mostly 90% moslems

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (PART 2) By FFK / Justice John Tsoho Sworn-In As Acting Chief Judge Of The Federal High Court / US Asks Tinubu To Implement #Endsars Reports, Prosecute Indicted Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.