Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

40kobo77's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 40kobo77's Profile / 40kobo77's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 29 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Moet Abebe Flaunts 11th Tattoo She Got On Her Body (Photos) by 40kobo77: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
itspzpics:
cheesy cheesy

There is a reason you are not known on this forum, even if some of your posts MISTAKENLY makes front page.

Stop dragging FTC.

You will not amount to anything here Ekpa.

People have been complaining about this to you along time. Only post story and only you dey drag FTC Ekpa.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by 40kobo77: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:
The things I read online sometimes.

There are a lot of stories inside this one story,but let us start with the reconciliation between Obasanjo and Atiku.

I have been called a political novice here a couple of times,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Can Obasanjo deliver Ogun State,nay the West to Atiku?truth is, Obasanjo should be grateful Atiku reconciled with him, or else,he would have been a political nobody after this election cycle.

To those peddling the Obasanjo is trying to lobby the US to lift the Visa ban( if really he has) on Atiku, I have this to tell you.

There is a reason the US is not a member of OPEC,Commonwealth of Nations, never contribute Soldiers to UN peace keeping missions and a host of other things. They do not like being told what to do.

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he? Let me use a little point to buttress what I am saying.

For those that have dealt with the US as regards filing for Visas for family members before. If the US suspects your application, or if you share a common name with some people of interest (happens to mostly Muslim people)they will put it into what is called an ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING(AP) and tell you they want to look into it.

AP can take anywhere from a DAY to many YEARS.

When a case is AP. Even the President of the United States by law, does not have the power to influence, bend or force the State Department to rush or take a favorable or unfavorable decision concerning that application.

If the President of the United States can't influence decisions in his own country, who is Obasanjo to influence a US internal matter?

I do not know about the rest things you wrote about. But I know about the AP thing.

The consulate I think suspected marriage to my wife,and they gave her an envelope saying our application is on AP.

Took many weeks for them to call her back and approve her application to join me.

Omoh see fasting. Even my Congress man that I approached for help, told me they have no power when a case is AP.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Breaking: Court Sentence Shell MD, Others To 3 Months In Prison by 40kobo77: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
J2381:
So they feel they're too big to obey the court summon. shocked

Let's hope the Nigerian police will carry out the court order because, we know the law is kind of slow when people with money and influence are on the wrong side of it.

So true. They think they are big men. I pray the Police arrest them.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun
Politics / Re: Olusegun Mimiko Emerges ZLP Presidential Candidate by 40kobo77: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2018
HungerBAD:
Congratulations to him.

It is not easy. The party is registered right?

who knows?I might get the Governorship ticket of my State here, since nobody will give me headache here.

Sarrki they might give you the Vice-presidential ticket here. I say we join Mimiko here. What says you Sarrki?

You are Sarrki are not serious lol.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Bukola Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom To Meet With Party Delegates by 40kobo77: 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
The next President insha Allah.

13 Likes

Family / Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 40kobo77: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
cybeks:

I'm single and I'm not Itsekiri by tribe

Okay.
Crime / Re: Joseph Ebowemen In Court For Impregnating & Aborting His 15-Year-Old Niece Baby by 40kobo77: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Family / Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 40kobo77: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2018
cybeks:

The fault is from your wife's family bro, the Itsekiri bride price is at the moderate, or may be na u go show urself for them as big man

Are you single and an Itsekiri lady?
Family / Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 40kobo77: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2018
HungerBAD:
Reading

This sounds interesting. Story not complete. Joeruano complete this story.

Joeruano thanks for completing the story.

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that was how I treated him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

Finishing my story.

When I saw the list, to say I was taken aback would be an understatement. They asked for everything there,and then some.

Now let me talk about this my village people and my history with them.

I went straight for my post-graduate degree,after my NYSC,and after graduation, showed up in my community,thinking they will hook me up with one of the Multiple National oil companies there, as a native.

They refused to help in a hostile way,and called me a Yoruba man,since i was born and bred in Lagos. And that the spots for jobs they had was for the people that grew up there,and not for strangers like us.

I left there after weeks hanging around, knocking on different doors. It was the humiliation of how I got to Lagos that still gets me upset. I sold my shoes,belts, trousers and my wristwatch.

I swore to never go to my people again for anything.

But my sister was getting married,and her husband to be did not have the muscle to sort everything out. I wanted to help, but did not want to look desperate as if I am in a hurry to just throw my sister way.

Told them not to worry,and that I will sort everything out when I fly back into the Country. A week later I flew into Nigeria,and called for a meeting with my inlaw to be. I asked him to look at the list and see what he can afford there. And when he picked the little things he could shoulder, I told him to bring the cash equivalent,and that I will go to the village myself to beg on his behalf.

I went to my hometown that weekend,and had a meeting with the elders of my family and the community, where I presented them with everything they asked for. I told them my inlaw had provided them to me in Lagos. They got their complete list,as I had swore me or any of my family members will never beg them for anything again.

The only thing they did was send a 5 man village representative to Come for the traditional wedding in Lagos,and that I took care of too.

My sister got married because big brother would not let traditionalists hold her marriage to ransom. They got what they wanted, and everybody is happy.

Not everyone I understand has a brother, or even anyone willing to stick it out for them to make sure their marriage works,as regards meeting the financial burden. And this is why the Tradition of extorting people under the quise of a long lists for marriage should be stopped.

I have followed your write ups and you seem to be s nice educated decent fellow, and from this post shows you don't even live in Nigeria.

Why do you support a terrorist like Buhari?you have a lot of following here,and a lot of readership in the world look at your posts and get convinced.

Please try to be saying the truth. Stop selling Buhari the terrorist to Nigerians.

Congratulations to your sister on her wedding and the steps you took as s protector was commendable.

No more Buhari.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: 2019: Five PDP Governors Seeking Deal With Buhari by 40kobo77: 3:49am On Sep 05, 2018
Bede2u:
lol...they are even more pdp than the south east...we only have 3 pdp states in se and 5 in ss. Are u sure u dey well?
Pdp chairman is from ss. Have u ever heard any se pdp governor insult apc or critisize bubu??

Igbos no get una time abeg...just wait for 2019...we will vote the best candidate

Buhari right?

10 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Burial Of Olufemi Oluwajobi Who Died In Car Accident On 31st Night (Photos) by 40kobo77: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
femi4:
Unnecessary info

Jealous?
Celebrities / Re: Burial Of Olufemi Oluwajobi Who Died In Car Accident On 31st Night (Photos) by 40kobo77: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Years ago.

I wanted to go to the Tantalizers to eat some vegetable soup, as they had just introduced African Menu to their list.

Got to my Estate gate and the hold up was terrible,and so I went back in and dropped my car,walked to the estate gate and took a bike.

Just close to my destination, I was cleared by a speeding Danfo,and me and the Bike guy landed on the side road.

I still carry the scar on my head,shoulder and back,and a long scar on my left wrist that looks like I am wearing a wristwatch.

I had two cars then.

I was lucky. But I swore in my life, no matter the hold up, to always be patient and never be in a hurry to get anywhere.

And I have never gone near a bike since.

This man should have been patience. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

25 Likes

TV/Movies / Re: Woman Spill Revelation About Traveling To America by 40kobo77: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
K
Culture / Bride Price Question by 40kobo77: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bump
Food / Re: 6 Foods You Should Not Eat For Breakfast by 40kobo77: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2017
Drink Garri.
Crime / Re: Man Poses As A Female To Defraud Facebook Lover Of N1.5m by 40kobo77: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
It don red.

Aboki dey go Guy now.
Politics / Re: Rochas Okorocha And A Blind Evangelist At A Church Service In Imo (Photos) by 40kobo77: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
I follow him eyes

And na the woman he dey admire. Abi na only me notice say the shirt on her right shoulder fall go down small.

Tall Okorocha just dey look ripe Mango.

5 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Ruggedman Shades Toke Makinwa For Dating Married Billionaire, Festus Fadeyi. by 40kobo77: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
Women?

HOE everywhere.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Dr. Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa's Rumored Sugar Daddy by 40kobo77: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
Useless Toke.

I am sure she did not start sleeping with this man today. And there she was claiming the EX gave her STDs in her book,whereas she was busy sleeping up and down on the road.

Useless HOE.

28 Likes 1 Share

Family / Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) by 40kobo77: 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
Later

He go use him mama for ritual.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... by 40kobo77: 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yoruba
Culture / Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by 40kobo77: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yoruba men.

Strength- Women.

Weakness- Women.

Name- Yoruba demons

Yoruba women.

Strength-men

Weakness- men.

Characteristics- unfaithfulness. Any Yoruba woman is game and NO is not in their Vocabulary.

Igbo.

Strength- hardworking/ risk takers.

Weakness- Money, will do anything including killing their parents to make it.

Igbo women.

Strength- standing by their men no matter what.

Weakness- unfaithfulness, trophy wives as they allow their men work only, bleaching,high bride price.
Music/Radio / Re: How Can I Be A Success Song Writer In Nigerian Music Industry.? by 40kobo77: 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
Contact Airforce1 here.

He lives in E-money's boysquarters.
Religion / Re: ________________________ by 40kobo77: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
Who get MB to watch the Video summarise pls.
Celebrities / Re: Popular Singer & Actor Sentenced To Prison by 40kobo77: 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
This meme man dey go jail?sh$t happens.

After all Airforce1 has been locked in E-money's jail for a long time now,and he refused to get released .

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Banky W And Adesua Kissing VS Oritsefemi And Nabila Kissing by 40kobo77: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
Funny op.

It be like make you tell who dey stay Ajangbadi to use fork and knife chop.

Oritsfemi na Ajangbadi boy and no sabi kiss.
Health / Re: I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... by 40kobo77: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2017
Ok
Politics / Re: Buhari Is A Sadist, Stealing And Killing Under Guise Of Democracy - FFK by 40kobo77: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2017
Cursed FFK.

MujeMuje fall on you.

1 Like

Politics / Re: We Are Not Aware Of Tinubu's 2019 Presidential Bid - Afenifere by 40kobo77: 11:24am On Nov 26, 2017
Anybody but Buhari.

Screw that guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 29 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.