Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (47007 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by 2bpat: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2017
It doesn't matter how good you felt or how good your deed was. God's instruction must be carried out God's way.
Paying of TITHE is God's instruction and He specified how and where it should be paid Malicah 3:8
Also read the story of King Saul when God asked him to utterly destroy the Amalak. He did but spared the King. He got punished.
You can give arm to the poor, not Tithe and offering.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Eze2000(m): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Do you know that for this guy to pay his tithe to the wrong places will demand him x2 of the tithe? ask ur pastor or
Change your preacher.

Abi, that's what I'm trying to tell him. I hope he does listen to ignorant people who are fed with fake pastors
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by XaintJoel20: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2017
Reference:

No sir. That is simplistic thinking. If all the substance of the world were shared evenly within a short while it will become exactly the way it is today because we donot have the same heads and hearts. Sin is the primary reason why there is lack on one hand and greed on the other. Money cannot overcome sin or buy righteousness. That is why even Jesus said, the poor will always be amongst you.

So while it is good to care for physical needs, the spiritual roots have to be addressed by the preaching of the good news. That is why substance in God's house is critical and compulsory.

Go and get the real and deeper meaning of what Jesus Christ meant when he said

"The poor you would also have among you"..
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2017
Chommieblaq:

God is everywhere. Omnipresent God.

I'm done arguing Bro, God knows the people gat serves him in truth and spirit.
Have a blessed day.
You people should stop diluting God word
Stop adding salt to suit your claim
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Amehdan(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2017
An2elect2:
And who says the gospel cannot be propagated without money? Maybe the gospels that Nigerian pa$$tors peddle but I bet
you not the true gospel.

And you are worshipping the wrong God. The true God provides all our needs according to the riches of His glory. He is our father. If the birds of the air need not worry about food and those flowers how the are beautifully sheltered, how can we who are His children worry about our common needs.

Does your earthly father charge you some percentage before providing for you? Don't be a fool! God does not love less and cannot be compared to your biological father in loving His children. God loves and provide for us unconditionally. Only an idiot thinks he can buy a blessing.

you have said it all,

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by bounju(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Hell awaits you

How will pastors buy private jets if every church members keep doing like you did?

better go back to the beggar, get your money back and give the pastor so that there may be "meat" and he can pour out his blessings so big that you won't have space to contain them, hell awaits you if you don't do like I instructed

You are a g**t for saying that, he just did the job of the store house. If you know nothing about tithing go and read Deuteronomy 14:22-29.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
2bpat:
It doesn't matter how good you felt or how good your deed was. God's instruction must be carried out God's way.
Paying of TITHE is God's instruction and He specified how and where it should be paid Malicah 3:8
Also read the story of King Saul when God asked him to utterly destroy the Amalak. He did but spared the King. He got punished.

Paying Tithe in this era is not God's instruction, it is called Scamming all Scammers are cursed.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Legolast: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:
IF YOU HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING AND BELIEVE IN YOUR CREATOR... YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR TITHE AS MONEY GIVEN YO YOUR PASTOR..... a Pastor that Eats people's Tithe is seating on a Gun Powder. Unless you are in a yahoo yahoo church. Your Tithe is used to Expand , Promote and propagate The GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST

Muslims Owned Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria are affordable to the middle class but Christians owned Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institutions are exclusively reserved for the Children of the RICH!!!

Practice what you preach my people!!!

#NoToReligionHypocrisy!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by emelda86(f): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
Alms giving is very very different from tithing, u did well giving it to the beggar becos truly u will spend it if been in your possession but bro next time pay your tithe in church & give alms to the poor/beggars.

All this children of anger I dey wait una
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Eze2000(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Student125:
It baffles me to c learned people ( even prof, elders) and youth with no proper functioning brain. As far as I am not comfortable with the method of paying(I.e to the church), are the tithe monitored to know if they serve d purpose they are meant for after paying.
No, what you hear is leave that to God to judge but you can spew trash from your mouth to judge someone who decided to put a smile on a poor. If we all do like OP, I bet you..Nigeria will compete with Saudi Arabia where people hardly steal.

I disagree because then you will be serving Nigeria as your god.

He did good but he did it the wrong way that could cause him big spiritual issues if he continues. are even aware that some beggers are cursed?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Give your money to the needy and struggling, stop giving it to these THIEVES and SCAMMERS who called themselves men of god.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by cristianisraeli: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2017
stagger:

So a beggar is now equivalent to God...

Oya come an unwash my brain...laundryman. Only 15% of Nigeria's population has bank accounts. Has the economy stopped moving?
When you enter taxi, do you pay to the taxi man's account number? When you buy crayfish or you visit your ashawo customer at night, do you pay into account number?

I hate it when humans start answering like goats.

you are a big hegoat boy

pure brainwashed dundi..i need to wash your brain for river osun..ode

by the way is it a crime to patronize ashi...i love pu*ssy and by the way i just go some pu**y and the chick is on my bad relaxing..ewu hausa
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by bounju(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2017
2bpat:

Why didn't you read Malicah 3:1 then down to 8 and see what he meant for tithing.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by cristianisraeli: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:
LET GOD JUDGE WHO HAS BEEN BRAINWASHED BTW U and I?MY EARNEST PRAYER FOR U IS THAT GOD ALMIGHTY, MY FATHER RESCUES YOU B4 U CROSS OVER....
Dts all

my prayer for you is for the lord to bringing you back because you have already crossed over..lol

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Onliie(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2017
Alms is for beggars, tithe is for God.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by grodt999: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2017
Yes, you are m0ron for believing in stupid 419 religions and wasting your money.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2017
MAY GOD BLESSING REST UPON YOU THROUGH CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR...AMEN. BRO, YOU DID A GOOD THING..SHALOM!
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
U were wrong. You are to bring your tithe to God's storehouse. The bible said so, except u dnt believe in it. The bible is a book of principles u need to understand that. You can give to the poor but ur tithe belongs to God's storehouse(the church). As long as it's a church of God. Whatever is done with it is no business of urs. Ur duty is to obey God, u dnt knw better than Him, He created u.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Teophilus96(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
This is even better than going to church to pay.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by MultiCEO1: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:

It's Wonderful to give to the poor... INFACT the Bible specifically talks about dt.

But Your Tithe is not a gift. Neither is it your money. Your Tithe is GOD's SHARE of your Money. And He Directs where it should be taken to. See Malachi 3:10

And tithe in the present dispensation is robbery. The New Testament in Hebrew, read from Chapter 7-8 specifically traced the origin of tithe to Abraham giving it to Melchizedec and also tied it to the law and then succintly states that the law was nailed on the cross with Christ. With Christ came the new Covenant which enjoins us to give as we are blessed, not out of compulsion (which tithe is), nor grudgingly nor sparingly for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Ask yourself, why didn't Apostle Paul in all his epistles never mentioned tithe payment? How about Peter, Timothy, even Christ himself? Simple, tithe has been annulled. All through the New testament, where was tithe mentioned and in connection to what? Why do people always run back to Old testament to back up tithe payment when Christ has already fulfill the law and gave us Grace? If you pay the tithe which is part of the levitical issues, why not also use doves, rams or blood of animal for the remission of your sins?
Why claim Christ's grace while also claiming the law's tithe?
Tithe in this dispensation of grace when Christ has already fulfill the law is robbery.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Student125(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Eze2000:

I disagree because then you will be serving Nigeria as your god.

He did good but he did it the wrong way that could cause him big spiritual issues if he continues. are even aware that some beggers are cursed?

If what OP did is against your God's will, then you should start questioning your God.
Y can someone you beg for prosperity still need your 10%, is that a bribe or what.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Lsofdk(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Candyrain:

[s]To be frank with you bro, you are still owing God your tithe.[/s] What you have just done is give help to the poor.

Like someone mentioned God specifically stated where the tithe should be brought to the the reason why

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi 3:10

Also mind you, there's a reward for giving to the poor which is different from that when you pay your tithe.

You should go pay your tithe bro
You can't say he's owing God… are you God's secretary undecided
How sure are you, you're paying yours or taking it to right place.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Pesuzok(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Your common sense should tell you that not Bible.

That is your own interpretation
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by steam74: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
Just dropped in to say you are right.
i didn't read any posts.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Reference(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

See how convenient it is for you to dodge the point.
My question is simple, "WHAT DO YOUR CHURCH OR PASTOR DO WITH OFFERINGS AND OTHER COLLECTION?".

Do they throw the offering into the dust bin, if not, can't that also propagate the gospel......

And i see ignorance in your quest to prove that tithe is mandatory, I am Christian like you but I know that Jesus never forced any to pay tithe. As a matter of fact, he doesn't ask for offering self.
When Judas wanted to create a purse to keep money, can you remember what Jesus told him? If you do, am sure you can tell that is the reason Pastor want to kill themselves preaching about tithe and offering too violently.

Go back to the bible, deut., Leviticus and even the Malachi that gullible followers have been brainwashed with and read it deeply to understand for whom and what tithe is meant for.
Tithe doesn't determine heaven, Infact, it doesn't determine whether you're blessed or not, if you don't observe other rules, tithe is a waste.

Suffice to say that Malachi says ".......so there may be food in my house", how does that sound like powering the gospel........

Ignorant rant!

What are you angry about. Christianity does not force anyone to do anything. The fact that you are angry shows there is a problem. Who are you fighting with. We are trying to gain understanding by explaining what we know of the gospel. If you don't tithe it does not make you better or worse that those who do.

Bring the tithe into my house so that there may be food (in my house). Try me in this says God whether I will not open the windows of heaven.

Someone is saying foodstuffs. I am asking, where are the windows of heaven located. On the top floor or ground floor.... are they casement windows or louvred windows..... all these are figurative texts to explain a detailed process. The bible has its language. You have to be familiar with it to understand.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by sugaslim(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
[ May Almighty God In Heaven bless you more,
You don't have to give your tithe to ur church if you have people around you hungry,
Though some good churches use to tithe to feed the poor, old people, and widows too.
What's impt is to bless someone too from your income aside your family members. quote author=mdokaba1 post=61202480]It was a very stressful week for me as it involved lots of travels and all. So its a Saturday and I was paid for a project I did for the month past.

Going by my tired nature, I knew deep down me that there was no way I could have made it to church the next day and I was hell bent on paying my tithe because of the inherent blessings therein and the last thing on my mind would be to give it to my nebor to pay it for me. (The guy broke and besides I didn't want him to start calculating my take-home (Na sharp man). And I knew deep down that if I keep the money till the next time I would be in church, I was sure I would spend it. (God have mercy on me sha)

So I decided even before getting home to package my tithe and while in the market on a shopping spree I package my tithe and dropped it in the plate of an old beggar. (A mulsim beggar precisely)

Instantly, I saw 50 shades of shocks on her face as she looked at me for a few seconds and I could read her facials more like "For this Buharia?" Lols. And before I disappeared into the crowd, I could see/read her lips mutter prayers pointing towards me. And deep down, I felt blessed and fulfilled.

But was I wrong to have given my 10percent to a beggar instead of to the alter?

Opinions please.

[/quote]

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by GodsMopol: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
internetgangste:

You're a deep fellow
grin
just doing our Fathers business
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Reference(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
miketayo:

Are you a Jew or a Christian?

A Christian of course. Jesus was born a jew. He made it possible for non Jews like me to become inheritors of the promise given go Jews only.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by chngebeginwthme: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:
GOOD FOR U.... but if am to tell u wat I know about Tithe, I'll say u paid ur Tithe in the wrong way.

You mean he should have pay his tithe in contribution to private jet money?

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by BonkoINC: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
You are very wrong...over wrong dey worry you...you might as well say helping a friend in dire need of cash with your tithe is right...

do not be deceived......1/10 is Gods money, you dont decide how he uses it...

u had other money with you, but why the tight... tight is a covenant ...

Give your tights where you re suppose to..

Get the blessing you deserve...

Allow the church use the money for whatever they want to use it for...it dosnt concern u, if pastor is buying jets...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by steam74: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cashbae:
U were wrong. You are to bring your tithe to God's storehouse. The bible said so, except u dnt believe in it. The bible is a book of principles u need to understand that. You can give to the poor but ur tithe belongs to God's storehouse(the church). As long as it's a church of God. Whatever is done with it is no business of urs. Ur duty is to obey God, u dnt knw better than Him, He created u.
There is an obvious difference between a church and a storehouse. And the last parts of your post encourages ignorance which is what the bible gave as the reason for God's people suffering.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by MrBigiman: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
You aint wrong. That should be d new way to go. One luv!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Pastor Jonathan David: 'Buhari Will Win Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers / Why Dunamis Church Constructed Dual Carriageway In Mararaba – Dr. Paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.