Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (567100 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2018
Mikey:

They were granted single entry for a 3 months period, she won’t need medicals and I’m sure her grant is just around the corner.

Where in Perth are you?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tomimy1: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2018
thanks alot for the insight.
Omooloriredade:

Even though the nature of his business is not disclosed, I reckon it won't be a big deal registering his business still.

I guess he currently runs a 'personal' business and not a Pty limited company. If so, all he has to do is register his business as a Sole Trader and get an Australian Business Number (ABN). This is done online (as simple as ABC). A Sole Trader is the simplest business structure. You don't necessarily need to register an Australian Company Name (ACN). However, if you would be receiving payments from the public for services or sales, a Goods and Services Tax (GST) registration would be required too.

If he intends to register a Proprietary (Pty) Limited company, he is better off going through an accountant.

Worry not about registering a business here. It is simple as opening a yahoo, sorry gmail account. You may want to speak to a professional for more details and benefits operating a registered business in Australia. You may be able to claim a portion of your bills, depreciation of property used in the business as tax deductions.

Disclaimer: Please do your own research or seek professional advice.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by abby2443: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello happy4lucy, i sent you a mail. I'll appreciate your response. Thank you.

happy4lucy:
We have gone to centerlink and Medicare. Also we have gone to bulk billing clinic for immunization update which we are waiting for update from them.
We have submitted family tax benefit (I don't know which one is a and b)

Do I need to create centerlink account for my son?

Currently we are looking for work And house, anyone with any kind of work should alert me. Am willing to relocate. We are presently in Canberra.

Myself: IT support/ maintenance Engineer
Hubby: Architect

Thanks.

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Paulson91: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
Goodmorning everyone here! Please has someone here migrated to Aussie through "subclass 407" Visa. Would love if you can enlighten me more about it, and does it lead to PR after your training. Warm regards...

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 9:51am On Dec 05, 2018
Paulson91:
Goodmorning everyone here! Please has someone here migrated to Aussie through "subclass 407" Visa. Would love if you can enlighten me more about it, and does it lead to PR after your training. Warm regards...

Check here for authentic info about 407 visa. Check your eligibility.

However, it does not lead to PR. You have to start the PR process afresh if you meet the requirement.

Visit sister thread for some PR processes here.

Zany.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Omooloriredade: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2018
(As seen from a friend's balcony) Imagine waking up to breathtaking views like this on a daily.
I won't even feel like reporting for work......I'd be calling in 'stunned'.
#SydneyHarbour#CremornePoint.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chidike(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2018
Pictures from the African music and cultural festival in Melbourne today.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by matuskyoo7(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2018
CN I work with a student visa in Australia?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
matuskyoo7:
CN I work with a student visa in Australia?

Yes, during the school session, you are legally entitled to work 20hrs/week while you can work unlimited hours during the holiday.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by matuskyoo7(m): 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
bellong:

Yes, during the school session, you are legally entitled to work 20hrs/week while you can work unlimited hours during the holiday.
thank you ...
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 4:19am On Dec 09, 2018
Hello E- family, pls where can one buy affordable household items from kitchen utensils to funiture work in Adelaide. Not online ooo but shop where i can just walk in and make a choice.Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2018
obi24:
Hello E- family, pls where can one buy affordable household items from kitchen utensils to funiture work in Adelaide. Not online ooo but shop where i can just walk in and make a choice.Thanks.
Google Big W or Kmart closest to your location, you can also try Target but their price is a bit higher than the previous two.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jasmine1147: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
obi24:

IKEA
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
bligs:

Google Big W or Kmart closest to your location, you can also try Target but their price is a bit higher than the previous two.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
jasmine1147:

IKEA

Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Viola2017: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
couples that traveled with there toddler (a year plus) via school, PR or work permit route how did you people cope with your studies, understanding your new environment, and job searching when you have your baby around. did you register him or her in creche or got a nanny? If yes, how much does it cost or is it best not to go with your baby at fist then when you are a bit comfortable he or she can now come over
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
Viola2017:
couples that traveled with there toddler (a year plus) via school, PR or work permit route how did you people cope with your studies, understanding your new environment, and job searching when you have your baby around. did you register him or her in creche or got a nanny? If yes, how much does it cost or is it best not to go with your baby at fist then when you are a bit comfortable he or she can now come over
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by akilugarba77: 3:21am On Dec 13, 2018
good day house i work with the nigerian airforce but i will like to relocate with my wife to live and work in australia pls how do i go about that
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hi house. Plz who can help me with genuine work and study in austrialia agency in Nigeria. .

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by scapopo1: 12:03am On Dec 15, 2018
Hello house, pls I need assistance on visitors visa process for my mother..I am a PR visa holder and we are expecting our baby very soon. What are d documents, samples of invitation letter and minimum financial statement, I need to upload. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by luvluvluv: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2018
Hello
Pls how much in naira on the average are people able to save in ausie
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
luvluvluv:
Hello Pls how much in naira on the average are people able to save in ausie
like how much do you save in Nigeria
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Obigirl: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
��
like how much do you save in Nigeria[/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2018
WinningSun:

like how much do you save in Nigeria

Hahahaha, still waiting for this answer tho. Because na Akawo (Daily contribution) we dey use save for this town. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by akilugarba77: 8:34am On Dec 17, 2018
akilugarba77:
good day house i work with the nigerian airforce but i will like to relocate with my wife to live and work in australia pls how do i go about that
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by akilugarba77: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2018
House pls i need reply as regards to my question if my wife is coming as a student can i accompany so as to work
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
akilugarba77:
House pls i need reply as regards to my question if my wife is coming as a student can i accompany so as to work

Yes you can on a dependent visa. She should add you in the application and the kids
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by akilugarba77: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2018
mr bellong pls can we chat privately i sent you a mail or better still pls reach me on northmario74@gmail.com so we can,chat better i eant a,guide on a cheap school,for my wife are,brightannica colleges,advisable we are on a,budget,of 2m

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (132) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.