Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (550750 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hello catchdwind4rmkd ,

Well done! I think I enjoyed your experience. In fact , I am already feeling Ausie breeze rovering all around me.

Pls I will really like to keep in touch with you for the purpose of networking as I am in the same field as you. How do I reach you to this effect?

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tyosho: 2:39am On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hi Bro,

hope you're coming around for the Buffett next Sunday?
Let's use the avenue to finally meet.

Sorry I've not been able to reach out since the last communication.
It's been quite a busy month for me.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info bro.Its such a great read especially the info about mortgage.
Just like most people think as well,oknee is actually female grin .
Meanwhile Hordunayo says I missed meeting you by just a couple of minutes on Saturday.Hopefully we will all see on Sunday.Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 8:18am On Oct 23, 2017
tyosho:

Thanks for the info bro.Its such a great read especially the info about mortgage.
Just like most people think as well,oknee is actually female grin .
Meanwhile Hordunayo says I missed meeting you by just a couple of minutes on Saturday.Hopefully we will all see on Sunday.Cheers

Loll. I find it so funny.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2017
My bad!
Apologies mam'

oknee:

Loll. I find it so funny.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2017
Send PM

Mcslize:

How do I reach you to this effect?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
My bad!
Apologies mam'

No worries. See you on sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:51am On Oct 23, 2017
Mine was subclass 476 (Skilled Recognised Graduate Temporary)

hollie2605:
@catchwind4rmkd

Good to finally hear from someone that migrated initially on a temporary visa which am assuming is the 489 visa (am I right?).
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Albion05: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
May God almighty bless each and every one of you that have offered help in one way or the other. God will replenish you a thousand fold. After reading and going through all the messages tears of joy started flowing through my eyes and am sure you will all receive your blessings and may God almighty meet each and every one of you in point of your needs. Amen!..

17 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Mine was subclass 476 (Skilled Recognised Graduate Temporary)

Catchwind4rmaussie...... Please about the 476 and 457...Did you have to get a job over there first? Am currently working on my Interim license... would I need to land a job before I can be issued 457 Now called TSS...?? abeg clear my confusion..
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Send PM
Pm sent, thanks you may check.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
My reply bouncrd!
Failure Notification.
Don't know the cause.

I've sent you a PM request.

Mcslize:

Pm sent, thanks you may check.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
For 476, you dont need a job. It's for recent engineering graduates to come to Oz and gain work experience.
You need to have completed an engineering degree within the last 2yrs from a recognized university under the accord agreements.

I have no idea about 457.

Cheers!

rinzylee:

Please about the 476 and 457...Did you have to get a job over there first? would I need to land a job before I can be issued 457
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by topiiiiiiii(f): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
For 476, you dont need a job. It's for recent engineering graduates to come to Oz and gain work experience.
You need to have completed an engineering degree within the last 2yrs from a recognized university under the accord agreements.

I have no idea about 457.

Cheers!

includinging degree from Nigeria sir?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
My reply bouncrd! Failure Notification. Don't know the cause.
I've sent you a PM request.
Thanks Boss, I received your request and I have replied. You may check.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2017
Please see the link below for detailed summary;

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/21#46882995

This thread is for a different purpose than what your inquiry is.
It's for life/experience of living in Oz, and not for how to migrate.

So, let's not derail.
Thanks.

topiiiiiiii:
includinging degree from Nigeria sir?

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Please see the link below for detailed summary;

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/21#46882995

This thread is for a different purpose than what your inquiry is.
It's for life/experience of living in Oz, and not for how to migrate.

So, let's not derail.
Thanks.

thanks !
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2017
Pics of Melbourne

21 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 9:36am On Oct 24, 2017
Pics

18 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by oknee: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2017
H

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Jbelieve: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2017
oknee:
Pics

Please post more pictures I'm looking forward to coming to Melbourne next year.☺

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by frank043(m): 10:55am On Oct 24, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
It's been a positive and challenging experience for me in Australia.

Most of my experiences are quite similar to what has been shared by others.
So, I would try to avoid repetitions by responding directly to the pointers.

This is an awesome info bro... Nice work! I am getting more comfortable with the tortuous thought of migrating and settling in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by frank043(m): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2017
Hello house, please, is/are there any civil/structural engineer(s) that has successfully migrated and settled in Australia, and currently practicing as a structural engineer? I need to connect on a professional level, and ask a few questions.

Thanks

@chief bellong (et al), do you know anyone? Thanks for all your previous responses, they have been VERY helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Fizzywah(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2017
oknee:
Pics of Melbourne

Nice one Oknee. Melbourne truly is beautiful. Please if you don't mind I (we) would appreciate photos of the suburbs as well. I think it helps those of us yet to get there..... to cure our "What to expect" worry. Many Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2017
izykvision0:
hello All,

Been a long while. Seen a quite of movement has happened for both new and old lads. Melbourne is cool and I thank God, it has been a fruitful land for me and my family. Just 2 months away from fulfilling my 2 yrs state nomination requirement, which means half way down to the main Pali..lol. Jobwise, I am on my 3rd professional job (all 3 brand names), previous 2 were contract roles...can't be more grateful to God. Both myself and wife are in Senior positions in our professional fields, and building in a choice estate from proceeds raised here (of course Mortgage). Infact building on my second land; cashed out on the 1st. So I can say its been great and all thanks and praises to God.

To encourage you guys, you can make it here. Don't come with the mind of pursuing care, security jobs - its a plan to fail. But in order not to deceive yourself, you need to package yourself properly before stepping MMA Lagos or wherever. That plan CANNOT commence here.

Get skilled up, develop yourself with courses, read books in your line, because u're coming to compete with people that already have these knowleadge as a Nitendo Game and of course your accent doesn't help, so your brain has to be beautiful.

Will try to be regular here.

Big ups to Bellong and others driving the train.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=zanyzara post=61722387][/quote]

Thank you for this reminder Zany...

Am fired up again... Looking at it with human eyes, I ve got a lot of odds against ME.

Thanks again.... i for like PM You o
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
malkinburg:
Hi all, congratulations to those who recently got their Visa's. I wish you guys speedy transition into the land of Oz, where good fortunes lie in wait. I want to encourage most you in healthcare and IT and most especially the (Civil/environmental/chemical/Electrical engineers and building professionals) that you are stepping into an infrastructure boom and a heating job market. I strongly encourage you guys to Leverage this environment however you can by applying common sense so you can integrate as soon as possible while such opportunities still persist. Please avoid getting here and focusing solely on non skilled roles, with the mindset that as time goes on you will have settled and then afterwards pursue your intended job. My point is the transition is very much feasible with appropriate due diligence. besides your chances grossly improve when you have genuine experience. For those without experience, Remixing lyrics or better still doing a part time internship while also working will help avoid back breaking hussle for too long. In summary, please remain encouraged because several NIGERIAN professionals have come through this process and are doing exceptionally well. I also believe you ought to commit your steps to God and also remain very dogged and resolute in your decision making process, to avoid making mistakes that can set you back from your intended goals.
The future is bright to all who can see the dawning of a new era in their lives.

Congrats once again.

God bless

7 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zanyzara: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
rinzylee:
Thanks again.... i for like PM You o
Shoot your shot cheesy cheesy cheesy

Zany.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by BagiChris: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hello

Please I need the feedback from the elders.

A friend/old schoolmate is offering to inspect and rent a house for me based on the listings I provide (Homely.com.au, realestates.com.au etc)
then we do a transfer of lease when I arrive. He is concerned about me spending money on airbnb when I can use that same money for bond and a month rent. He has also made attempts to get me free accommodations pending when I can rent but because of my family (Wife + 2 kids) I don't want to trouble anybody.

Are there any draw back to this idea (e.g. Rent assistance etc), apart from him running away with my money. I know him no fit run I go kill am smiley cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jukeblam(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
BagiChris:
Hello

Please I need the feedback from the elders.

A friend/old schoolmate is offering to inspect and rent a house for me based on the listings I provide (Homely.com.au, realestates.com.au etc)
then we do a transfer of lease when I arrive. He is concerned about me spending money on airbnb when I can use that same money for bond and a month rent. He has also made attempts to get me free accommodations pending when I can rent but because of my family (Wife + 2 kids) I don't want to trouble anybody.

Are there any draw back to this idea (e.g. Rent assistance etc), apart from him running away with my money. I know him no fit run I go kill am smiley cheesy

Like you mentioned, rent assistance is one; there are instances were you'll need to show proof of address too e.g. for library registrations. There could be a fee to transfer the lease too. Probably better to just have your name on the lease from the get-go.

I would suggest flatmates.com.au to get a place for arrival- it's pay on arrival and way cheaper than airbnb too. Your friend can help inspect and screen out rentals that don't meet up to 'your minimum acceptable' while you re-inspect the ones earmarked as ok, after arrival.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by uckennety(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
No one talks about dating
Clubing
How whites treats blacks

Alot on my mind

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by toslad: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Sis. I am fired up again.

oknee:
Pics of Melbourne

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.