Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172293 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Gogetterguy: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
TheCongo2:

I would strongly recommend you to read this thread from the beginning to have a better understanding of the process and to familiarize yourself with the visa interview scenario

Don't let the lack of travel history stops you from applying for a US visa. People has been given US visa without any prior travel history. Keep in mind that honesty is the best policy. You may fail once but may be successful on your next visa application. Stay away from agents given that you may face a lifetime ban for using an agent who may misleed you with fake documents or help you get fake stamps in the passports. Fake documents can easily be detected by embassies.

I have copy and paste the following from a visa officer, LagosNIV. Good luck

The required documents are:

International passport
2 passport photos
DS160 confirmation page
MRV Fee Receipt

Documents which are not required but are sometimes requested:
copies of the US Visa or bio-data page of the international passport of family members who have already been issued visas and who will be traveling with you
copies of the US Green Card or US Passport of family in the US who you are going to visit

Most other documents will not be requested nor looked at if offered. As a general rule if there is a document we want to see in order to make a fair decision on your case we can put the case on hold in 221g status and request that you submit the document before we make a final decision.

LagosNIV

Are the "2 passport photos" required in addition to the photo I already uploaded online?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gogetterguy:

Are the "2 passport photos" required in addition to the photo I already uploaded online?
Yes.
And also your appointment confirmation page.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by irawo16(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT...HE OR SHE WILL BE ASK QUESTION AND DESCRIPTION OF THE TWO COUNTRIES VISITED
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seynex01: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
In acquiring a us tourist visa does age really count. Let say a man of 55 years. Will his visa go through. Married with children n grand child.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xto4: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
OmoBendel24:

It may. But well, well, it's not mandatory you knew that person was in the US at the time you did that previous application even though you have known the person for years. There is an elder cousin of mine in Houston I always thought was in the UK while growing up, another elder cousin in Canada linked us up one of the times I visited Houston, somebody I hadn't seen in over 30 years. So it's possible to suddenly out of the moon to now know someone in the US.

That said, your particular case won't be helped, bluntly. It smacks of desperation jumping "upandan" like this. I really hate when I read Nigerians claim not to know/have anyone in the US. Is that really possible? I'd rather say I have someone/people in the US but have no idea of where (s)he/they is/are resident than "dumbly" do otherwise....
i wasn't asked during the interview if I know anyone in the us it was only on my ds form I click do not know because I don't have details of my friend address then . I click the conference organiser as point of contact. Now my friend have sent me all his details as in house address, email and status in the us. To use in my second application. He only informed me of his wedding coming up few months back after my first refusal. Can I put his place as where to stay during my visit or I should use an hotel reservation? Thanks OMo!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
irawo16:
THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT...HE OR SHE WILL BE ASK QUESTION AND DESCRIPTION OF THE TWO COUNTRIES VISITED
So you think they have time for that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
Seynex01:
In acquiring a us tourist visa does age really count. Let say a man of 55 years. Will his visa go through. Married with children n grand child.
Is this a question or what?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
gemcn:

wow, you're highly favored.

I guess what did the trick is the high respect they have for their men and women in service to the country.

all the best
I don't agree with this. High respect for US military personnel isn't a tie. Especially when the particular person is your cousin and not an immediate family member.

I am discouraging this because unscrupulous characters on this forum will codedly start promising applicants with "assured" links to US military personnel that will pose as "cousins" in order for them to get their Visa.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
xto4:
i wasn't asked during the interview if I know anyone in the us it was only on my ds form I click do not know because I don't have details of my friend address then . I click the conference organiser as point of contact. Now my friend have sent me all his details as in house address, email and status in the us. To use in my second application. He only informed me of his wedding coming up few months back after my first refusal. Can I put his place as where to stay during my visit or I should use an hotel reservation? Thanks OMo!

I'm actually not talking of the interview per se, I'm talking of the form filling itself particularly....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
jayfierce:
I don't agree with this. High respect for US military personnel isn't a tie. Especially when the particular person is your cousin and not an immediate family member.

I am discouraging this because scrupulous characters on this forum will codedly start promising applicants with "assured" links to US military personnel that will pose as "cousins" in order for them to get their Visa.
You're right.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
jayfierce:

I am discouraging this because unscrupulous characters on this forum will codedly start promising applicants with "assured" links to US military personnel that will pose as "cousins" in order for them to get their Visa.

This holds even for siblings.... You just have to have your own ties. Have they "changed" it for you before? "My broda na Sojo for US" fit also hook throat for visa matters like others too aswear! Have you seen deep unsettling questions (about your own US Army sibling) from a VO because of seeming "advantageous" situation like this? Eye go turn you oh cheesy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
jayfierce:

So what tie did the VO considered in issuing the visa?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xto4: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I'm actually not talking of the interview per se, I'm talking of the form filling itself particularly....
ok bro, so what can I do now? Proceed with my new application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by desrie: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi Lady G. Please if a sibling files for his younger one, does it automatically disqualifies him anytime he/she intends to travel to the US for a visit or program?Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Gogetterguy: 10:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
sugah:

Yes.
And also your appointment confirmation page.

Thank you. I didn’t realize that. My interview is tomorrow morning. I hope there would be photographers hanging around the embassy one of whom I can quickly hire for the passport photo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
OmoBendel24:

This holds even for siblings.... You just have to have your own ties.
True.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teeboy22(m): 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
johnpoko:
My visa just got approved. Single, no children, no travel history. transcript loading, on my way home. Lady Guinevere, may God embarrass u with unlimited favor that u will even start begging him to stop blessing u.

Congrats oooooo

More success stories loading IJN

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iykedpetes(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2018
I applied for my US visa last week ..I have a project I want to embark on, its about American history And I will be visiting historic sites like Liberty bell and independence hall .I'm working with a communication company ..I'm still very much single and no travel history..I don't knw if the visa will fly ..I need ur opinion. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domainservice(m): 12:26am On Jan 30, 2018
johnpoko:
My transcript. interview time was 10:30 am. Queue was so long. After biometrics I was interviewed at Window 7 by a young white guy. he was flowing well with the people at my front, a couple, then he denied them. they were so devastated, I got scared.

V.O ; Good morning
Me; Good morning sir,

VO; Passport please
I handed over to him. types a little then says.
Why are you going to the US?
Me; I'm going to visit my cousin and his family, he invites me for his wedding last October but I couldn't attend because I was so busy with my business, so I promisee to come visiting this Easter.

V;O So you are visiting Philadelphia right?

Me; Yes I am. ( then I remembered my cousin stays in York not Philadelphia. I added that I'll visit Philadelphia cos thats where my flight will arrive, Philadelphia airport) I quickly corrected myself and told him I'll be staying in York and he nodded). I would have lost this visa if I didnt catch up immediately.

V.O; So what do you do?

Me; I'm a fashion designer and I own a boutique. I make clothes and sell, with bags and belts.

V.O; What's your boutique address?
Me; number _____________.

V.O; Are u married or single?
Me; I'm single, I'm very very single!

V.O; ( smiles) do you have kids?
me; no I don't have kids. not yet.

V.O; Where did u school?
me; I schooled at the university of ___////__////

V.O How long is your business?
me; 4 years and three months.

V.O; Have u ever travelled out of the country?
me; No i havent. ( I was trembling at this point)

V.O; What does your cousin do?
Me; He is a member of The US military, he is in the US army.

I will be approving your visa. pick it up at so so place in 3 days. hands me white paper!

if not for this thread I wouldn't have gotten it I learnt a lot here may God bless u guys.
wow, congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 3:01am On Jan 30, 2018
jayfierce:

it's OK for you not to agree or discourage. I'm free to air my opinion, same as you.

I am very sure that if visa applicants are meant to go through interview with series of VO one after the other, cases of different verdicts on the same application for same scenario will come up frequently.

so because he was approved visa based on his transcript does not mean someone with a similar transcript will be given visa.

as for the bold, all I can say is 'caveat emptor my friend, caveat emptor' there will always be unscrupulous characters with us

you could have gone a step further to tell us what the 'tie' in his case was
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18am On Jan 30, 2018
desrie:
Hi Lady G. Please if a sibling files for his younger one, does it automatically disqualifies him anytime he/she intends to travel to the US for a visit or program?Thank you
It shows an immigrant intent and MAY work against a B Visa application. Everything still remains 50/50
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheAristocrat(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2018
Hello everyone.Sadly my visa application was denied today at the Abuja consulate. Below is my transcript. VO: Pass me your passport. Me: Hands it over to her. VO: So why are you going to Houston? Me: I will be on leave in April and plan to spend part of it as vacation. VO: What's your occupation? Me: I'm a Chemical Engineer with ****(An agency under Ministry of Petroleum Resources. VO: How much do you earn?Me:N720K comprising my salary and other allowances earned. I also earn N1.2m as dividend.....(VO cuts in,wanted to explain that the 1.2m was dividend from my investment in shares. VO: How long have you worked with ****?Me:Six years,this August. VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before? Me: I have been to the UAE twice. VO: Are you married? Me: No. VO: Unfortunately..........(hands me my passport and the refusal notice). Note: It was my first application. I also have a valid UK visa though I honestly can't remember if the VO checked the passport. So thank you everyone for your contributions to the thread. They were really helpful. Apologies if this is tedious to read, I used a phone to type.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwadunxy: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
Pleas can anyone give me a detailed description from gbagada to Walter Carrington please, it's urgent!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hawklan: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
hey bro, You should have mentioned it ho the VO that you have a valid UK Visa and wish to travel to the UK before proceeding to the US for your holiday which might give much better weight. Best of Luck in your next try.
TheAristocrat:
Hello everyone.Sadly my visa application was denied today at the Abuja consulate. Below is my transcript. VO: Pass me your passport. Me: Hands it over to her. VO: So why are you going to Houston? Me: I will be on leave in April and plan to spend part of it as vacation. VO: What's your occupation? Me: I'm a Chemical Engineer with ****(An agency under Ministry of Petroleum Resources. VO: How much do you earn?Me:N720K comprising my salary and other allowances earned. I also earn N1.2m as dividend.....(VO cuts in,wanted to explain that the 1.2m was dividend from my investment in shares. VO: How long have you worked with ****?Me:Six years,this August. VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before? Me: I have been to the UAE twice. VO: Are you married? Me: No. VO: Unfortunately..........(hands me my passport and the refusal notice). Note: It was my first application. I also have a valid UK visa though I honestly can't remember if the VO checked the passport. So thank you everyone for your contributions to the thread. They were really helpful. Apologies if this is tedious to read, I used a phone to type.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by XYZJAZZY: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
oluwadunxy:
Pleas can anyone give me a detailed description from gbagada to Walter Carrington please, it's urgent!!

From Gbagada take a bus going to Obalende and from Obalende take Okada to Walter Carrington or alternatively from CMS take a bus going to Law school - Adeola hopeswell highlight at Kofo Abayomi bus stop jst stroll the walter carrinton.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by XYZJAZZY: 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good afternoon nairalander.....Please i would need your candid opinion/advise to my case....I have an invitation to attend Auto Show in U.S. first week of March and my interview is next week, I work in Automobile Industry as XYZ and i would like to know d possible question that will be throne to me during the interview...mind you i have no travel experience this is my first time ever.

Waiting for your usual assistance...I am a silent reader.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Saylawchar(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
many thanks to omobende and the greatest lady G of the universe.

i was able to do the correction today through the feedback comment section and the customer service phone-in option, i did both and behold they corrected the mistake. they have assisted me in adding the correct ds-160 numbs for my wife and son to our interview appointment details. I cant thank you guys enough!

I intend to proceed on my family vacation trip on 22nd March, 2018 but my visa interview date as of now is 12th March, 2018. I hope the two dates are not too close?

thanks once more.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jarule2018: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
House pls how days does it take for b1/b2 renewal approval thru drop box, visa used once, being on administrative processing for 10 days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
jarule2018:
House pls how days does it take for b1/b2 renewal approval thru drop box, visa used once, being on administrative processing for 10 days
Did you change job in between?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
Saylawchar:
many thanks to omobende and the greatest lady G of the universe.
I intend to proceed on my family vacation trip on 22nd March, 2018 but my visa interview date as of now is 12th March, 2018. I hope the two dates are not too close?
thanks once more.

They are not too close.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
johnpoko:
My transcript. interview time was 10:30 am. Queue was so long. After biometrics I was interviewed at Window 7 by a young white guy. he was flowing well with the people at my front, a couple, then he denied them. they were so devastated, I got scared.

V.O; Where did u school?
me; I schooled at the university of ___////__////

V.O How long is your business?
me; 4 years and three months.

if not for this thread I wouldn't have gotten it I learnt a lot here may God bless u guys.

@bolded. I agree with you. It pays to study, prepare.
And come back soon o. All the best. Amen.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maadun: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
I have a US valid visa that expires in June 8, 2018,im planning to travel in April for 2 weeks but I have a 2month old Daughter that I'm taking with me who does not have a visa which I'm planning to apply for her.Now,my question is that my visa validity might reduce to 2 month after taking her for an interview.Should I renew my visa also?would I be allow to enter with just 2month valid visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.