Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173522 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Gracedme: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
Thank you.
First time applying and we filled the forms ourselves

KaptainAfrika:
Great transcripts so far!
Please can you let us know if this is your first time applying, or you have applied before, or you faced a ban before, or you came clean before. I think it helps people understand the context of your transcript. For example, I was banned for 10 years, I applied for a waiver, got approved, attended the interview got my visa e.t.c.
THANKS!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracedme:
Good day all,

I applied for B1/B2 visa this month with hubby and kid and was denied, see transcript below and advise.

Me and hubby: Good morning
VO(African/american Female VO in Window 7):passports please
VO: where are you visiting
Hubby:Orlando
VO: will you be having any children in the US?
Me: Chuckles..No, my baby is less than a year
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before ?
Me and Hubby: Yes to UAE for our honeymoon
Me: yes to UAE for work trip
VO: What's the trip about?
Me: Training on so and so
VO: How long have you worked in your company?
Me: 5 years now
VO: what of you sir?
Hubby: 4 years
VO: where do you work
Hubby: Bleep plc
VO keeps typing all along and finally she said unfortunately you do not qualify at this time, you may reapply anytime.
where did we miss it? hubby earns about 300k and I earn abt 500k.
The VO rejected about 4 people before us, how soon can we reapply again pls.

@LadyGuinivere , @seyewest and co please assist.
God bless you.
The black American woman is strict but does issue visas too. I could say it wasn't your day. Just reply and pray for luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracedme:

I am not pregnant, VO did not ask what we would be doing. We had plans to visit disneyland, universal studios etc in Orlando for 12days, hotel booked.

Tough call this is though, maybe it was your job aspect that the unpleasant was discovered, dunno, speculating. If not, your case sounded like okay and looked good for a visa approval IMO! And travel history is legit too, abi? Sorry sha....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by goodman31: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Please I just need your help my amiable gurus. I have been having issues scheduling our interview appointment I and my spouse. So I tried scheduling differently when I wanted to register for my spouse its was bringing an information that's the administrator will be informed that I can't register, I have tried several times.. I tried using my wife's second email different from the one she used in filling the ds160 form. And it accepted. So can I use different email address for Ds 160 form and another one for schedule. I need to schedule on time.thank you so much.this is what's bringing

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
No be that abuja woman them carry come so? Chai..

What about that going babe wah dash student visa wela...

Anyways can we get old transcript from plz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mamatwiny(f): 12:56am On Oct 28, 2017
I want to apply for b1/b2 visa
Intend to travel on vacation around April
Currently, iwork in a bank but hubby isn't working at the moment. Their contract finished abt 4 months ago.
We have no travel history.
I was denied b1/b2 visa last year cos I could not convince the vo of my purpose of visit and also no ties. I was single then.

While filing forms last year, I filled I had no relatives in USA but I have some blood relatives who I don't relate with. My grandma is a permanent resident , though she just came back to Naija last month.she stays with my kolo aunt who is a citizen . Aunt feels she is the king of the ring and won't assist any family member with invitation cos of hatred for mumsie. My mums elder bros is also a citizen, also my grannyma's youngest brother. I only relate with my first cousin but don't know her status.

How do I better my application the next time? If I fill I have relations, will they need me to add their address? Do they confirm from them or just check the computer.

Do you think we should wait for hubby to get another job/contract b4 applying? Most of their jobs are in remote locations and offshore, so if he starts another job, there won't even be time for travel. We decided he shld wait so that I can conceive b4 he goes off for another job cos of distance.

Please , don't read and pass.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 2:37am On Oct 28, 2017
Please look into this and give your comments on my chances of getting US visit visa. I know you guys are not the VO that will interview me on the D-day. I just need comments especially on my weak points which I bolded.

I was denied visa last year. Reason being that I don't have have sufficient ties. Then I was single, no kid, work with a govt agency for 4 years, earn over a hundred thousand naira, and no travel history.

Now I seek to apply again. What's changed? The following have changed:

Work History: I still work with the govt agency (5 years) but now also work with an international organisation and I earn over a million naira.

Travel History: I have travelled to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China and India. I also have 1 year valid schengen visa.

I am still single and have no kid. I also remembered I had applied unsuccessfully in US Diversity Lottery Visa several times.

In my previous visa application, I wanted to visit a family friend whom I used as my contact person. But now I intend going on my own on a vacation. Will be staying in a hotel and will probably not visit him. Didn't use him as my contact person in this new application (he's not even aware of my re-application).

So what are my chances?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrprecious: 7:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Please house I very sorry asking this question in this forum. Its so important. Am trying to use an agent for the procession of my student Visa but the agent said what I could go for is visitation,that my age which is 22 is unlikely to be issued a student Visa and also having it that I finished my SSCE in 2014...that I don't have great chance of getting a student Visa,that i could be asked what i have been doing since i finished my high school.....Please great friends in the house I need more clarification on this....Am I not good to go?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by raadina: 7:36am On Oct 28, 2017
thanks for this post

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Your travel history will boost your chance. You are good to go but your sudden skyrocket increase in salary within a year may be a eyebrow. 100k to million? Get ready to defend it.

LegitBachelor:
Please look into this and give your comments on my chances of getting US visit visa. I know you guys are not the VO that will interview me on the D-day. I just need comments especially on my weak points which I bolded.

I was denied visa last year. Reason being that I don't have have sufficient ties. Then I was single, no kid, work with a govt agency for 4 years, earn over a hundred thousand naira, and no travel history.

Now I seek to apply again. What's changed? The following have changed:

Work History: I still work with the govt agency (5 years) but now also work with an international organisation and I earn over a million naira.

Travel History: I have travelled to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China and India. I also have 1 year valid schengen visa.

I am still single and have no kid. I also remembered I had applied unsuccessfully in US Diversity Lottery Visa several times.

In my previous visa application, I wanted to visit a family friend whom I used as my contact person. But now I intend going on my own on a vacation. Will be staying in a hotel and will probably not visit him. Didn't use him as my contact person in this new application (he's not even aware of my re-application).

So what are my chances?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2017
Don't use agent. That must be a quack agent. 2014 to 2017 is just 3 years. If you were ask by VO what you have been doing, just say the truth. They appreciate the truth. Apply to a reputable school, write your TOEFL and SAT, send your results to the school, get your offer of acceptance from the school. Apply for your student. You will need a good sponsor who have much money to cover your tuition fee, home and board accommodation. Tuition is very high in US, you may be qualified for full schorlaship if you pass your SAT exam very well. Best of luck.

Mrprecious:
Please house I very sorry asking this question in this forum. Its so important. Am trying to use an agent for the procession of my student Visa but the agent said what I could go for is visitation,that my age which is 22 is unlikely to be issued a student Visa and also having it that I finished my SSCE in 2014...that I don't have great chance of getting a student Visa,that i could be asked what i have been doing since i finished my high school.....Please great friends in the house I need more clarification on this....Am I not good to go?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2017
Madam, your hubby needs a job. No tie for your hubby, he may get to USA and decide to stay to work. Automatic rejection by VO. If your hubby is working and you are a home maker, it would have been better. Some relatives status in States get k-keg on how they become citizen. It will affect your chances to get visa if your relatives citizenship get k-leg. You must be ready to answer questions on how they get to US and how long they have been their. If you are not so sure about their status, it's better you book hotel. Finally you said you want to conceive before hubby get another job and apply for visa with pregnancy. Do you want to go and give birth in States? You are already denying yourself a visa because that will affect you if your main purpose of traveling is for vacation unless you declare in your application that you have appointment with doctor for medical tourism. Be wise and prepared adequately. Best of luck.

mamatwiny:
I want to apply for b1/b2 visa
Intend to travel on vacation around April
Currently, iwork in a bank but hubby isn't working at the moment. Their contract finished abt 4 months ago.
We have no travel history.
I was denied b1/b2 visa last year cos I could not convince the vo of my purpose of visit and also no ties. I was single then.

While filing forms last year, I filled I had no relatives in USA but I have some blood relatives who I don't relate with. My grandma is a permanent resident , though she just came back to Naija last month.she stays with my kolo aunt who is a citizen . Aunt feels she is the king of the ring and won't assist any family member with invitation cos of hatred for mumsie. My mums elder bros is also a citizen, also my grannyma's youngest brother. I only relate with my first cousin but don't know her status.

How do I better my application the next time? If I fill I have relations, will they need me to add their address? Do they confirm from them or just check the computer.

Do you think we should wait for hubby to get another job/contract b4 applying? Most of their jobs are in remote locations and offshore, so if he starts another job, there won't even be time for travel. We decided he shld wait so that I can conceive b4 he goes off for another job cos of distance.

Please , don't read and pass.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2017
kristinbaby:
Your travel history will boost your chance. You are good to go but your sudden skyrocket increase in salary within a year may be a eyebrow. 100k to million? Get ready to defend it.

Thanks so much. You've given me the confidence I need to face my interview. The sudden increase in salary is my additional work with an international organisation where I earn some dollars.

Thanks once again. I will certainly post my transcript here and copy you whether I get the visa or not.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2017
You are welcome. The VO would also want to know what you were doing in all those countries you travelled to. Get ready to give good reasons. I'm sure if you put confidence in your interview, the visa is yours. Don't be bothered that you are still single, your good job and good income is more than a tie and your travel history is also added advantage. When is your interview?

LegitBachelor:
Thanks so much. You've given me the confidence I need to face my interview. The sudden increase in salary is my additional work with an international organisation where I earn some dollars.

Thanks once again. I will certainly post my transcript here and copy you whether I get the visa or not.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2017
kristinbaby:
You are welcome. The VO would also want to know what you were doing in all those countries you travelled to. Get ready to give good reasons. I'm sure if you put confidence in your interview, the visa is yours. Don't be bothered that you are still single, your good job and good income is more than a tie and your travel history is also added advantage. When is your interview?

It's still a bit far. It's a month from now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Mrprecious:
You have no problems. Kindly come over to student visa thread. You will get a lot of help. Trust me!

Refrain from visa agents. They will ruin you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
I wish you best of luck.

LegitBachelor:
It's still a bit far. It's a month from now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ifeoluwadire:
Hello Good pple, I hv paid 4 d visas for my family due to d fact dat an agent promised to help get a date in December. I filled evrytin myself up to d level of booking appointment day. D agent only advised dt I shud not submit our ds-160 form until we get a date because it can be submitted 2days b4 d appointment date.
Due to d nature of my job, if I can't get Dec, it will be next yr b4 I can work towards anoda day. My qstns are these pls...

1. In d booking site, hw do I refresh d dates so I can try to get Dec?
2. If I submit our ds-160 now, many info will change if we don't get date by Dec. Shud I still submit ds-160?
3. Hw do we make use of our visas with d submitted ds-160 nxt yr?
4. If my qstns are out of points to my present problem, wat is d way forward.

Lady G, Justwise n all good pple pls candid advise n guidance are appreciated.

This is my Honest advise to you
1. Fill the forms your self don't give it to an agent
2. Since you have not yet submitted your ds 160 form , why don't you pick Abuja for your interview November is still very much available
3. Do not be deceived by getting a date in December in lagos when the available date is already in January there is nothing like refreshing a page to get December
Agent can put someone in a big mess

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tiyanya: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
The agent from hell part got me ROTFL grin
Divaville:
Hello All,
I stumbled upon this thread from a google search a night before my visa interview.
I had been previously denied last year and was praying against a repeat.
I'm still at the job that i was at last year but I've been promoted and my pay is much higher, still single too. I decided to say i was paying for my vacation this time rather than staying with my sister and her family.
Here's the transcript of my interview earlier this week.
VO: Good morning, may i have your passport. Why are you visiting the US?
Me: For my annual vacation
VO: Are you single or married?
Me: Single
VO: Any kids?
Me: (Smiles) Nope
VO: How long do you plan to stay?
Me: 7 days, I am entitled to 20 business days each year for my vacation and I have used up 10days already but saved the rest for this holiday if granted a visa.
VO: How long have you been at your first job?
Me: Three years (Wondering how she knew it was my first job - must be from my initial application from last year)
VO: What do you do at your job?
Me: Lists responsibilities included my side hustle and volunteering job.
VO:How much its your salary?
Me: I tell her
VO: How often do you get paid, weekly, monthly, quarterly?
Me: Weekly, then i corrected myself and said Monthly but i get quarterly reimbursements for fuel/telephone costs etc
VO: Let me see your bank statements
Present them to her. She scans through quickly, i quip in...I was recently promoted and that accounts for the increase in pay you may notice. She nods and returns them to me.
VO: Have you visited other countries?
Me: I list all the countries, specifically informing her that i spent the first part of my annual vacation this year in the UK
VO: Are you traveling for medical reasons? are you pregnant?
Me: No I am not.
VO: Your Visa has been approved etc etc
Hands me a white document.
I thanked her, packed all my supporting documents into my folder and left.
It took less than 3 minutes.

Lessons:
Always fill your form yourself. (Last year I used an agent from hell,)
Be very honest about your job, income etc.
For single people, travel history especially recent trips can help your case.

I just thought to share my experience here.
Haven't posted on this forum in ages shocked

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by humble100(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello nairalanders,actually i have a question to ask,is there any possibility of someone not related to you in the US to be able to process a migrant visa for you? More like a foreigner who likes you as a person and character
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YungJo207(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pls guys I just need your insight, let say I manage to do some business and got like 5million in 3-4 months which I don't make before I just got engaged in some intermedairy deals falicilated some deals and got that huge cash rolled in within that period,I don't work for any company but myself no house no car not married, and I decided to take a little trip to America and then connect to Canada and see Mexico..what are my chances of getting am America visa mind you am just 23..what will you advise or suggest??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ifeoluwadire: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
GOD bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ifeoluwadire: 11:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Yesbody:

This is my Honest advise to you
1. Fill the forms your self don't give it to an agent
2. Since you have not yet submitted your ds 160 form , why don't you pick Abuja for your interview November is still very much available
3. Do not be deceived by getting a date in December in lagos when the available date is already in January there is nothing like refreshing a page to get December
Agent can put someone in a big mess

Big thanks Yesbody.

Abuja is out of d plan. I will plan towards next year. I'm aware the visas will still be valid but the question is can it be issued with another DS-160 number?
Please candid response is appreciated to guide my plans.
GOD bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Niv25: 12:09am On Oct 29, 2017
ello gurus in the house pls I really need you guys help...actually am a fresh graduate, my elder brother and sister are ready to sponsor me to Canada on any type of visa...my brother is self employed he owns a tele communication company with about three branches...and he is financially balanced on my sisters side she is also a self employed who own a landed property...Now on my own am just a fresh a graduate been working in my brothers company like two years now but no much in my account...and I don't have any travel experience...I intend travelling to Canada, US or Australia...pls guys I need your help on
1. which country will be better with the details I have provided.
2. what type of visa should I apply for
3.how do I go about processing my visa(and what kind of documents requeated)
4. will the vo need my bank statement?
5.what's my chance of getting the visa with the available details...
note; my sponsors are ready to provide anything(money &documents) needed for my application...
pls guys I need your reply and candid advice God bless y'all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Niv25: 12:10am On Oct 29, 2017
ello gurus in the house pls I really need you guys help...actually am a fresh graduate, my elder brother and sister are ready to sponsor me to Canada on any type of visa...my brother is self employed he owns a tele communication company with about three branches...and he is financially balanced on my sisters side she is also a self employed who own a landed property...Now on my own am just a fresh a graduate been working in my brothers company like two years now but no much in my account...and I don't have any travel experience...I intend travelling to Canada, US or Australia...pls guys I need your help on
1. which country will be better with the details I have provided.
2. what type of visa should I apply for
3.how do I go about processing my visa(and what kind of documents requeated)
4. will the vo need my bank statement?
5.what's my chance of getting the visa with the available details...
note; my sponsors are ready to provide anything(money &documents) needed for my application...
pls guys I need your reply and candid advice God bless y'all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:08am On Oct 29, 2017
YungJo207:
Pls guys I just need your insight, let say I manage to do some business and got like 5million in 3-4 months which I don't make before I just got engaged in some intermedairy deals falicilated some deals and got that huge cash rolled in within that period,I don't work for any company but myself no house no car not married, and I decided to take a little trip to America and then connect to Canada and see Mexico..what are my chances of getting am America visa mind you am just 23..what will you advise or suggest??
When do you plan to return to Nigeria if granted the visa?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 1:48am On Oct 29, 2017
goodman31:
Good morning sir/ma
Please I have read through about adding a family to ones application but I discovered I couldn't add my spouse on the confirmation page. What do I do now, I have submitted without adding. Although I have included her name in the question are you travelling with anyone a and I picked yes with her details but I want us to go for the interview together. What do I do as I have already submitted. Thank you all

You cannot add her on the confirmation page. but you can only add her when booking appointment.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 1:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Ifeoluwadire:

Big Tnks for ur prompt response...

1. Is it dat our ID numbers will not change after d 30 days grace?
2. Can someone pls teach me hw to refresh for dates pls?

1. your ID number will not change, what will happen is that you will lost your ID as you will not be able to log into that DS160 form again, it will be deleted, you wouldn't be able to retrieve the data again

2. all you need to do to extend for another 30 days is once you log into your Ds160 form, click "save" at the bottom and a page asking if you want to continue or exist the page will show, click on exist and it will tell you that your form has been saved for the next 30 days. Before that 30days grace expires, repeat the same process until you are sure of when you want to go for your interview then you can submit.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:03am On Oct 29, 2017
goodman31:
This is what it's bringing. It is not bringing existing applicants

Dont book appointment separately, Just contact support they will return your profile to default so that you can add her accordingly

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:04am On Oct 29, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Okay, you already have a profile set up for each of you or something? If you come across further difficulty, just book appointment separately, but ensure you choose same day/time for each booking. At take in on interview day let them know, so you can both be interviewed together

Dont book appointment separately, Just contact support they will return your profile to default so that you can add her accordingly

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:06am On Oct 29, 2017
goodman31:
This is what it's bringing. It is not bringing existing applicants

Contact support on your profile for assistance, attach her int. passport in your complaint.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 3:11am On Oct 29, 2017
DeeTus:
The black American woman is strict but does issue visas too. I could say it wasn't your day. Just reply and pray for luck.
Where's she located.... Abuja or lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.