Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173924 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
Thanks guys for the comments so far. My wife was denied 2 years ago before we got married. And our status then in our DS-160 was single. So her old profile name was in her maiden name. Before they updated her name and new passport number, Ustraveldocs requested for a scanned copy of our marriage certificate and the previous international passport in her maiden name and the new international passport. More to that, affidavit of change of name was attached as well as copy of newspaper with the notice of the name change for the general public. So I can rightly and publicly say that we didn't lie or subterfuge any information or use trickery prior to the interview and during the interview. In fact I still took all of these to the embassy on the interview date as well as our wedding photobook, as well as our travel insurance, accommodation reservation and our itinerary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
JBL17:
Thanks guys for the comments so far. My wife denied 2 years ago before we got married. So her old profile name was in her maiden name. Before they updated her name and new passport number, Ustraveldocs requested for a scanned copy of our marriage certificate and the previous international passport in her maiden name and the new international passport. More to that, affidavit of change of name was attached as well as copy of newspaper with the notice of the name change for the general public. So I can rightly and publicly say that we didn't lie or subterfuge any information or use trickery prior to the interview and during the interview. In fact I still took all of these to the embassy on the interview date as well as our wedding photobook, as well as our travel insurance, accommodation reservation and our itinerary.
is your wife having any immediate relative in U.S? Moreover what was her purpose of Trip on her first application? Because ur U.S travel history couldn't overcome
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry. I don't think you still qualify for drop box.

I believe the vo refused you because he doesn't believe you guys are married.

Your certificate was requested for? Expantiate please.

If your visa is not cancelled, you can still use it.

Go for the interview alone and this time, don't assume. Be upfront about the proceedings of the last interview. If you are given a chance, try to establish your marital status if real. If you lied, please don't bother trying to prove the lie. Again. I don't know why madam was refused the first time. If she misrepresented then, then that's another serious ish.

Finally. If your marriage is real, travel somewhere else with your wife. I suggest UK or France.
Pele

Thanks guys for the comments so far. My wife was denied 2 years ago before we got married. And our status then in our DS-160 was single. So her old profile name was in her maiden name. Before they updated her name and new passport number, Ustraveldocs requested for a scanned copy of our marriage certificate and the previous international passport in her maiden name and the new international passport. More to that, affidavit of change of name was attached as well as copy of newspaper with the notice of the name change for the general public. So I can rightly and publicly say that we didn't lie or subterfuge any information or use trickery prior to the interview and during the interview. In fact I still took all of these to the embassy on the interview date as well as our wedding photobook, as well as our travel insurance, accommodation reservation and our itinerary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
YankeeJJC:
is your wife having any immediate relative in U.S? Moreover what was her purpose of Trip on her first application? Because ur U.S travel history couldn't overcome

No she doesn't have any relatives in the USA, likewise me. In her first application, her travel companion was still me. And what she said then was that "she will be traveling with her husband to be."
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
JBL17:

No she doesn't have any relatives in the USA, likewise me. In her first application, her travel companion was still me. And what she said then was that "she will be traveling with her husband to be."
hmm that's honesty in between, U can try another country together, and see what their new decision will be. But then my advise still remain thesame because Tie na thier language.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
JBL17:

you didn't answer why she was refused. an intelligent guess...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
YankeeJJC:
hmm that's honesty in between, U can try another country together, and see what their new decision will be. But then my advise still remain thesame because Tie na thier language.

Thanks man. If I'm privileged to be at the embassy again. I would like to let whoever interviews me know that, if becoming an immigrant is my intention, I would have done so 2014 when my ties wasn't as stronger as it is now. But for me to come back after 3 weeks shows that it's not my intention.
I must tell you that my first visa interview 4 years was something else too. It took like 20min. I was the last applicant, number 837. After series of questions, the consular left me to other things. And when the vo eventually came out, she said and i quote "make sure you come back." And I did return without abusing my visa.
So that's my story friends.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

you didn't answer why she was refused. an intelligent guess...

She was denied based on section 214 still. No strong ties. Even though she's doing a good job with modest funds in her savings plus letter of introduction from employer and myself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
JBL17:

My experience at the US embassy was very pathetic. I've been to the US once and I spent just 3 weeks. And I've renewed my visa once via Dropbox. But k decided to renew my visa this by appearing for the interview with my who was once denied a visa before we got married.
Please sorry house for my lengthy explanation. I feel better after sharing my thoughts with you friends. I will appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Your wife was denied not you ... take it from there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
JBL17:

Just go vacation somewhere since you don't have immigrant intent.why stress your self.

My experience at the US embassy was very pathetic. I've been to the US once and I spent just 3 weeks. And I've renewed my visa once via Dropbox. But k decided to renew my visa this by appearing for the interview with my who was once denied a visa before we got married.
Vo: Why are you going to the USA?
Me & Wifey: Vacation and Tourism
VO: Where do you work?
Me: i work at so so so and s as so and so.
Wifey: I too work at so so as so so so.
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me & Wifey : We've been married for so and so. (before the appointment we already sent a scanned copy of our marriage certificate as requested by ustraveldocs for profile update)
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes. I was in the USA four years ago for vacation and spent just 3 hours weeks.( All the while my old passport where my valid visa is was still with me.)
Wifey: for me I haven't. I was denied a tourist visa two years ago.
Vo: do you have kids?
Me: No. We decided not to have kids for now.
Vo:smile. I saw that even before you told me.
Vo: typed for about 3 minutes. Sorry you are not qualified. You don't have enough ties.
Me: Wow! What about my current visa? Does it mean my visa has been canceled or revoked?
Vo : Well, I believe it has expired, if it hasn't expired, no need to renew it.
Me: I came for the interview with my wife because my travel date is just 2 weeks after the expiration.
Vo : Seems shocked or worried. But the decision to refuse has been made.
Out of high respect for the Embassy and the Vo, i smiled and walked out peacefully.
When I got home I called their customer service and the operator asked if the visa was canceled or revoked, i said No. He said I can still use Dropbox but I shouldn't add my wife to the dependant. I tried using Dropbox, but as usual you have to answer some questions about previous visa and denial. Because I have to be truthful in my answers, i answered that my last interview resulted in a denial. Then I was redirected to schedule an interview. Confused, i called the customer service again. I was told to see the requirements for dropbox on their website. In my cgi profile, i noticed that the status of my application case was "escalated." At the end, I got just a generic email. More confused, i skype ustraveldocs and confirm the current status of my visa. I was told that I can still travel with my current visa that is expiring in 2 months. I don't want to take the risk and end up been questioned by the CBP about my previous denial.

Please sorry house for my lengthy explanation. I feel better after sharing my thoughts with you friends. I will appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by james87871: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hello . Lady G and other guru in the house .I was deny in august 2017 as a family , i posted my transcript i was advice by LadyG to have a family trip else where which i did. I would like to ask is it adviceable to apply all alone or should apply as a family .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ratty404(m): 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
Please gurus i just edited my D160 application and changed some information .I want to know if the changes will still appear in their Data base ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:02am On Mar 09, 2018
JBL17:

Thanks man. If I'm privileged to be at the embassy again. I would like to let whoever interviews me know that, if becoming an immigrant is my intention, I would have done so 2014 when my ties wasn't as stronger as it is now. But for me to come back after 3 weeks shows that it's not my intention.
I must tell you that my first visa interview 4 years was something else too. It took like 20min. I was the last applicant, number 837. After series of questions, the consular left me to other things. And when the vo eventually came out, she said and i quote "make sure you come back." And I did return without abusing my visa.
So that's my story friends.
Sorry man.
You were just a victim of Ill luck and little preparation. You took a lot for granted. You assumed the vo had gone through your records and you had an advantage.
I always shout it from the rooftops, take charge of your interview.
Q:Do you have travel history?
Yes : I went to the US in.... Stayed for three weeks. My visa is still valid. I chose the interview route so I can come with my wife who was refused just prior to our wedding.

U place your strengths first. Have him look at your passport. Have him see for himself. Again, have him consider the two separate issues ie renewal and issuance to a first timer. People rarely go in for interviews when they still have the dropbox option. The vo Simply assumed you didn't have it. Trust me, your case may have been his first time of seeing it.
What happened was simply that the vo went for the weakness in the application cos you didn't lead him to your strength. I maintain that you should reapply before it expires and state all this in your next ds 160. The next vo will take out time to consider the issues more carefully.

@Seye Every interview has an outcome. Issued or denied. Simple. He wasn't issued. And dropbox option is only available to one that has been refused in between

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:03am On Mar 09, 2018
james87871:
Hello . Lady G and other guru in the house .I was deny in august 2017 as a family , i posted my transcript i was advice by LadyG to have a family trip else where which i did. I would like to ask is it adviceable to apply all alone or should apply as a family .

Where is this " elsewhere"?
Again, it seems you have just been applying to several countries and traveling to Ghana and Dubai in between. Erm. I read that as desperation. Visa fee cost. If u want to try your luck, maybe u should try it alone

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:09am On Mar 09, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Really don't know what it will cost to include such details. The other matter everyone seem to have been on since, you will also notice the little details supplied, it doesn't help contributions....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:13am On Mar 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Really don't know what it will cost to include such details. The other matter everyone seem to have been on since, you will also notice the little details supplied, it doesn't help contributions....
u no dey sleep?! Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:25am On Mar 09, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
u no dey sleep?! Lol

Lolz! Na so me surprise to see you here.... Woke up a few minutes back, hopefully I'm able to get back to sleep soon else I have a lot of coping to do all day till morrow night again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by james87871: 3:03am On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks for your reply dubai and Kenya for family of 4 .that was your advice then after I posted the transcript .deny in August and travel in November as our vacation schedule.It wasn't my first trip but before without my family
LadyGuinivere:

Again, it seems you have just been applying to several countries and traveling to Ghana and Dubai in between. Erm. I read that as desperation. Visa fee cost. If u want to try your luck, maybe u should try it alone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 5:35am On Mar 09, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry man.
You were just a victim of Ill luck and little preparation. You took a lot for granted. You assumed the vo had gone through your records and you had an advantage.
I always shout it from the rooftops, take charge of your interview.
Q:Do you have travel history?
Yes : I went to the US in.... Stayed for three weeks. My visa is still valid. I chose the interview route so I can come with my wife who was refused just prior to our wedding.

U place your strengths first. Have him look at your passport. Have him see for himself. Again, have him consider the two separate issues ie renewal and issuance to a first timer. People rarely go in for interviews when they still have the dropbox option. The vo Simply assumed you didn't have it. Trust me, your case may have been his first time of seeing it.
What happened was simply that the vo went for the weakness in the application cos you didn't lead him to your strength. I maintain that you should reapply before it expires and state all this in your next ds 160. The next vo will take out time to consider the issues more carefully.

@Seye Every interview has an outcome. Issued or denied. Simple. He wasn't issued. And dropbox option is only available to one that has been refused in between
So much knowledge in this your post. Welldone LadyG

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 5:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks so much Lady G.
We will be reapplying as soon as possible and let you know the outcome.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post.
Much love.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2018
The passport photographs, am I supposed to staple them to any of my print outs or just place them inside my int passport? And I av just one appointment document for three of us.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2018
petemail2all:
The passport photographs, am I supposed to staple them to any of my print outs or just place them inside my int passport? And I av just one appointment document for three of us.....
Don't staple it on any form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2018
james87871:
Where did you travel to with your family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by james87871: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2018
Dubai and Kenya .
seyewest:

Where did you travel to with your family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2018
OK. Thanks we didn't get the approval

ayenikunle:

Don't staple it on any form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2018
petemail2all:
OK. Thanks we didn't get the approval

What do dey want again angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
james87871:
Dubai and Kenya .
not bad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mehn it was so cool and I had it all together. Told my wife to be loud and clear too.

Vo: what re you going to do in the US..
I said we re going to visit my wife's sister
Vo: where are you going to
Provo in Utah
Vo: to my wife, when last did u see ur sister?
10yrs
Vo: how did she get to US?
I said Tru student visa, then my wife added that she is also married..
He kept on typing and typing.
Vo: Sir where do you work?
Me: I work at blah blah blah... He kept on typing so I started mentioning my duties and work function...
Vo: madam what do u do:
My wife: I am a branch manager at blah blah blah. I am responsible for blah blah blah....
Vo: do you have any other child apart from this
Me: we said no.
Vo: kept typing and typing, we thought we got it. It was just quite and then he pick up our passports and said sorry you re not qualified at this time. Luke slip..

Can u say where we got it wrong and also I want my wife and daughter to apply Soonest. How soon can they apply..?

YankeeJJC:
What do dey want again angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
petemail2all:
Mehn it was so cool and I had it all together. Told my wife to be loud and clear too.

Provo in Utah
10yrs
I said Tru student visa, then my wife added that she is also married
Me: I work at blah blah blah... He kept on typing so I started mentioning my duties and work function...
My wife: I am a branch manager at blah blah blah. I am responsible for blah blah blah....
Me: we said no
Vo: kept typing and typing, we thought we got it. It was just quite and then he pick up our passports and said sorry you re not qualified at this time. Luke slip..

Can u say where we got it wrong and also I want my wife and daughter to apply Soonest. How soon can they apply..?

A combination of the two bolded I think, just maybe.... No question on travel history, ba? Or you forgot to add?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xwhyz(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
petemail2all:

Provo in Utah
10yrs

I reckon that you need to be careful with future applications because you have someone who naturalized using a student visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JUMAYIN(f): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
MY TRANSCRIPT
Been a silent reader of this thread for over 6 months now, took my time to read all 3 parts, it wasn't easy but trust me it was worth it... We Had our interview on 28th of February, after going thru all d basics.. Mennn the security at d embassy is so tight chai.. We proceeded into d main interview hall, then we queued up, buh ours was fast tracked coz of my 16 month old boy, before we say Jack, we were at window 5, the interview goes thus

VO: Good morning guys (with a smile)

Hubby ń i : Good morning ma'am

VO:where are u going in the US

Hubby: Katy, Texas

VO: who is there?

Hubby: my cousin

VO: what does he do in Texas

Hubby: he works with Bleep company

VO: how did he get to the US?

Hubby: He went studying there and after his studies he was employed and got married right there

VO : how long are you staying?

Hubby: 14 days

VO:oh great, what do you do sir?

Hubby: I Work in one of the multinationals

VO: What is your post there?

Hubby: I am the Supervising Manager of productions

VO: How long have u been working there?

Hubby: 7 years

VO: how much do you earn?

Hubby:650k

VO: Have u traveled outside the country before?

Hubby: No

And then she turned her attention to me

VO: what do you do madam

Me : I Work with bleep and am also a professional Makeup artist

VO: oh you also do makeup artistry as a side business?

Me: yes ma'am

VO: Oh great, do you own a makeup studio or you work your artistry from home?

Me: yea I own 2 makeup studios in 2 cities

VO:ok, how much do you earn

Me: 450k

VO: how old is your baby(with a huge smile)

Hubby ń i: 16 months old

(then she types for a long time) I was like giv us wetin u wan giv us jàre, meanwhile throughout my stay in the hall(though short) I didn't see any white paper, it was blue all through. Then I heard those magic words

VO :I would be approving your visa,
(she picks up the white paper and circles it) pick up your passport at blah blah blah

Hubby and i: Thank u very much and then we left

NOTE: zero travel history for both of us, passports was completely virgin
Wishing all intending applicants all the best

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
petemail2all:

Provo in Utah
10yrs

I believe the sister is one of the reason for your denial... She misused her student visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.