Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172750 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by khemme(f): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

she is still single and wishes to misrepresent....
Read the post again
l am married not single ma, What i meant was that i am single on my international passport due to the fact that i have not change my maiden name to my husband's name on my passport, i got my passport 2015 and i got married last year.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Stanley897:
well I would appreciate if you didn't use the word 'rap***'... Ain't one so pls suggest one . Thanks

Lol. Just fooling around. U can stay at mainland hotel oyingbo. Its close to d island
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
beezyblaze:
Please those who have traveled to usa through qater airways....
Was accommodation provided during the 9hr+ night layover at doha
Or do we have to book accommodation ourselves
yes, hotel accommodation will be provided. when are you traveling?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
seyewest:

Apart from what you said about your wife, that Tanzania visa is a big disadvantage for you because there's a lot of fake Tanzania visa in circulation and the U.S embassy are always looking out for it especially for someone who traveled to only Tanzania and Ghana by road.

Oh...

This explains why the VO asked me what I went to do in Tanzania and where I went to...

Interesting!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
Oh you mean you haven't changed your name since getting married, that should be no problem, you have a marriage certificate that should suffice as evidence that you are married. Someone here has been getting visas, even though she hasn't changed her last name on the Nigerian passport but she is married.

khemme:
l am married not single ma, What i meant was that i am single on my international passport due to the fact that i have not change my maiden name to my husband's name on my passport, i got my passport 2015 and i got married last year.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
khemme:
If that's the case, then there's no issue. I am still using my maiden name for all my travels so far

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lonzo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello House,

sorry to shift focus but I tried downloading the visa transcripts from the link provided but gives " This page not found Error 504", if anyone has it already kindly send to my email aggrehfelix@gmail.com

Thanks very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gillsway: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2018
My dropbox visa renewal was rejected. I received my passport without any accompanying letter, and my expired visa was stamped without prejudice.
Can someone explain what could be the possible reason for this and can I reapply as I need to travel next month for business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by khemme(f): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
Oh you mean you haven't changed your name since getting married, that should be no problem, you have a marriage certificate that should suffice as evidence that you are married. Someone here has been getting visas, even though she hasn't changed her last name on the Nigerian passport but she is married.

Thanks for the response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
gillsway:
My dropbox visa renewal was rejected. I received my passport without any accompanying letter, and my expired visa was stamped without prejudice.
Can someone explain what could be the possible reason for this and can I reapply as I need to travel next month for business.

No visa, no letter accompanying? Check here first and be double sure if it's REFUSED, ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, OR ISSUED that is showing. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by khemme(f): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

If that's the case, then there's no issue. I am still using my maiden name for all my travels so far
Thanks LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gillsway: 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

No visa, no letter accompanying? Check here first and be double sure if it's REFUSED, ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, OR ISSUED that is showing. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I just checked, they had sent a 221g letter which I hadn't seen earlier.

UPDATE: @OmoBendel I followed the link and it says my case is in Administrative Processing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dipsson: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
Gurus in the house,i kindly need ur advise here,my wife was denied last week friday after her interview with the VO she was issue blue paper and her passport returned to her. But since saturday her page has been showing your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate. Please what does this mean as we are planning to reapply.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2018
gillsway:

I just checked, they had sent a 221g letter which I hadn't seen earlier.

UPDATE: @OmoBendel I followed the link and it says my case is in Administrative Processing

Okay, cool.... Prepare and go in for your interview then, no cause for alarm provided you did use your previous visa appropriately. It could just be one of those random invites even for as simple a reason as giving of biometrics afresh. Was anything ticked on the letter sent to you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
dipsson:
Gurus in the house,i kindly need ur advise here,my wife was denied last week friday after her interview with the VO she was issue blue paper and her passport returned to her. But since saturday her page has been showing your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate. Please what does this mean as we are planning to reapply.

It means nothing special, it would soon be off the page, and be normal again. Pretty sorry about the refusal, do post the interview transcript too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
NanaOne1:
Dear All,

Please lovely people, please can someone share some insight about my issue

I am attending my graduation in the USA after completing my online MBA with my mum and I kindly seek your opinion on the following
1. Please what detail should I fill in : Address where you will stay in the U.S.? is it the school's address or the hotel I will lodge's address?
2. Also how do I link my mums application with mine so that we are both interviewed together?
3. I have uber apart from my normal work so what should I provide in the salary section? should I add the monthly uber money with my salary or only my salary?

Thank you

Please house,

can someone please attend to my issue plssssssss

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lonzo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
lonzo:
Hello House,

sorry to shift focus but I tried downloading the visa transcripts from the link provided but gives " This page not found Error 504", if anyone has it already kindly send to my email aggrehfelix@gmail.com

Thanks very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
NanaOne1:

Please house,

can someone please attend to my issue plssssssss
1. Self explanatory. Don't know why you are confused. Fill Hotel address as 'where you would stay'
School as contact person/organization in the US.

2. Fill your DS160 form. Fill her form. Pay both Visa fees. Create a profile for you and one for her. anyone who remembers how to link profiles should pls help out

3. Does the form ask for salary from your paid employment or does it just ask of income? I don't remember. But use your discretion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
NanaOne1:
Dear All,

Please lovely people, please can someone share some insight about my issue

I am attending my graduation in the USA after completing my online MBA with my mum and I kindly seek your opinion on the following
1. Please what detail should I fill in : Address where you will stay in the U.S.? is it the school's address or the hotel I will lodge's address?
2. Also how do I link my mums application with mine so that we are both interviewed together?
3. I have uber apart from my normal work so what should I provide in the salary section? should I add the monthly uber money with my salary or only my salary?

Thank you

Sorry this has dragged for long, always forgetting;

1. Wherever you are going to stay at.... The hotel in this case

2. Do as advised by @Sugah first. Then while booking your appointment, add your mum as one travelling with you and needing a visa, fill out all the necessary sections with her details as would be asked, at the end your profiles will be linked for you to input both MRV fees receipt numbers and schedule same time appointment.

3. All your income - the monthly average.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sirbuggle: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello house, I have a question. My Parents and siblings are planning on coming for my graduation. Two of my siblings are above 18, still students though and dependent on my parents and one is below. So i guess my question is can they apply as a family or do my siblings who are above 18 need to apply and attend their interviews as individuals?
Also if someone can point me to some resource on the issue i'll appreciate. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

You asked him to state the genuine reason
Then you go ahead and feed him with suggestions of that he should say.
Tomorrow when the vo has finished reading the klegged answers and refuses him, he'l be asking " what went wrong "
These are the things that " went wrong " even before the interview. In the bid to " help" always consider if it's the truth and if your advice will be more harmful than beneficial.

@op why is your wife not going with you? Why are you asking? We dey your house? Rehearsed and untruthful answers are just annoying to hear. Those that have sat in the interview halls and heard all sorts will tell u that

As in I tire oooo.... I wonder why he find it hard to tell the truth instead of resorting to finding an imaginary solution to a simple issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2018
khemme:

Your earlier submission did not come across well next time make it clearer. There's really no big deal in using you maiden name.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
dipsson:

It means nothing... her profile is yet to be updated.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gillsway: 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Okay, cool.... Prepare and go in for your interview then, no cause for alarm provided you did use your previous visa appropriately. It could just be one of those random invites even for as simple a reason as giving of biometrics afresh. Was anything ticked on the letter sent to you?

Yes, the first item asking me to return to speak with IO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please i once i had F1 visa in 2011 which i only used for 5 weeks and returned home for some reasons, but the visa expired now; now i want to apply for B1/B2 visa ; to be precise to attend a conference.My question is this; is it dropbox i will use in applying or i will need to pick up appointment and visit the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by skydude(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Stanley897:
Pls help , is it advisable to hang around the U.S. Consulate over night for an interview the next day or stay at a nearby hotel ?... If it's to stay at a nearby hotel , kindly suggest a cheap and save hotel close to the consulate . Thanks

Please use a nearby hotel, before u would end up not brushing and bathing and the VO no go respond to your greeting, don't mind me, am a silent follower, do as your pocket leads u, make sure u go with your paste and cologne and which way u are good to go, as long as na Lagos u go see where to crash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
Pipedreams:

Lol. Just fooling around. U can stay at mainland hotel oyingbo. Its close to d island

Fooling around with someone ( Stanley897 ) you don't even know by calling him a rapist! This is out of place. But then again, we live in the age of the internet. The internet is the only place where a president can exchange words with a school boy. That doesn't mean we should use this tool to abuse strangers who may be way over our leagues in the real world

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
TheCongo2:

Fooling around with someone you don't even know by calling him a rapist! This is out of place. But then again, we live in the age of the internet. The internet is the only place where a president can exchange words with a school boy.

Oga go and drink sniper. D frustration of the country can't mk u b happy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Yommieyomi:
Please i once i had F1 visa in 2011 which i only used for 5 weeks and returned home for some reasons, but the visa expired now; now i want to apply for B1/B2 visa ; to be precise to attend a conference.My question is this; is it dropbox i will use in applying or i will need to pick up appointment and visit the embassy.

Not qualified for Dropbox for many reasons, principal amongst which are; that the visa category is different, and; that it has expired for over 12 months if you are a Nigerian.

Also, did you resume school or rather use the previous visa for the purpose for which it was granted you? That may yet be a major hurdle to cross. The below could be of some use to you, that's if you haven't seen it before;

QUESTION from technolee:
@LagosNIV, a quick one, if I have a F1 visa and I entered the US without enrolling in the school and leaves a month after for another country to study or for some other purposes.
Will I be granted a tourist/visit visa if I apply one or two years after?
Will I also be granted if I did not travel to the US at all till the F1 visa expires?
I await your detailed response.
Thank you.

RESPONSE FROM LagosNIV: Travelling to the US on a student visa and failing to enroll in school is a violation of the terms of that visa.

Can you get a B1/B2 tourist visa? Technically, yes.
Will you get a B1/B2 tourist visa? You tell me if you would trust someone who broke the rules once to suddenly start doing the right thing.

Not travelling on your F1, on the other hand, is not a violation. You should be ready to explain it when applying in the future, of course.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
Pipedreams:

Oga go and drink sniper. D frustration of the country can't mk u b happy

Let us not derail this wonderful thread by acting like some low-life. The world is watching
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
gillsway:

Yes, the first item asking me to return to speak with IO.

Okay then. Schedule your appointment and go for your interview. Meanwhile, I have been reading complains from recipient of same letter on the difficulty experienced in scheduling the appointment. Seems the solution is to call the CGI/Customer Care Unit of the Embassy to help you out, just saying, just in case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gillsway: 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Okay then. Schedule your appointment and go for your interview. Meanwhile, I have been reading complains from recipient of same letter on the difficulty experienced in scheduling the appointment. Seems the solution is to call the CGI/Customer Care Unit of the Embassy to help you out, just saying, just in case.

Many thanks Bro.

One more thing though, do I need to go with any other document? they asked to bring the form (221g form I believe) passport and any document checked below, but no other document was checked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.