Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174448 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pipedreams:

Your travel history didnt help
Tanzania is bad luck and unfortunately for him having the visa does not mean he has been to those places and it's hard to confirm the authenticity of the visa through photocopy... To be honest the way I see it is that they believe you manufacture your travel history by claiming lost passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrskem09(f): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hello All,

Please i need help reviewing today's interview at the embassy:

VO: Good morning

Hubby: Good morning smiles (VO not looking just typing)

VO: passport

Hubby: passed it through the counter vo did not touch or open it.

VO: why are you going to the US

hubby: we are going on vacation

VO: where in US

Hubby: New york

VO: have you had any travel experience out of the country

Hubby: Yes, i had visit Gambia, while me and my wife recently visit Ghana together.

VO: what do you do ?

Hubby: Am an estate surveyor & valuer with .............

VO: Tell me about your job

Hubby: we manage, sell and vaule property's for our clients.

VO: how long

Hubby: 10yrs

VO: Madam and you?

Me: Am a procurement mgr with..........

VO: how many years with the company

Me: 9yrs +

VO: Do you have kids

Hubby: Not yet

VO: how long have you been married

Hubby: 8+

She was typing while asking questions, so no eye contact.
Stopped and says sorry you not eligible at this time, please read ( hands hubby a green paper) and says next.
Was heartbroken cause i feel not having kids was the issue and am emotional down almost cried on our way back.

Note: we are financially capable for this trip, and no related questions was asked.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ekomatty: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
I also went with used flight ticket papers...let me get your point clearly sir
seyewest:

Tanzania is bad luck and unfortunately for him having the visa does not mean he has been to those places and it's hard to confirm the authenticity of the visa through photocopy... To be honest the way I see it is that they believe you manufacture your travel history by claiming lost passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
mrskem09:
Hello All,

Please i need help reviewing today's interview at the embassy:

Hubby: Good morning smiles (VO not looking just typing)

VO: passport

Hubby: passed it through the counter vo did not touch or open it.

VO: why are you going to the US

hubby: we are going on vacation

VO: where in US

Hubby: New york

VO: have you had any travel experience out of the country

Hubby: Yes, i had visit Gambia, while me and my wife recently visit Ghana together.

VO: what do you do ?

Hubby: Am an estate surveyor & valuer with .............

VO: Tell me about your job

Hubby: we manage, sell and vaule property's for our clients.

VO: how long

Hubby: 10yrs

VO: Madam and you?

Me: Am a procurement mgr with..........

VO: how many years with the company

Me: 9yrs +

VO: Do you have kids

Hubby: Not yet

VO: how long have you been married

Hubby: 8+

She was typing while asking questions, so no eye contact.
Stopped and says sorry you not eligible at this time, please read ( hands hubby a green paper) and says next.
Was heartbroken cause i feel not having kids was the issue and am emotional down almost cried on our way back.

Note: we are financially capable for this trip, and no related questions was asked.

No travel history is better than all dis African country, if u are earning big, should it be just an African countries dat will be your travel history? For 10/9years That on travel

The concrete one is u might be needing medical in U.S/u might decide to start up family in U.S.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ekomatty:

Was in Kenya two years ago though, just wondering if they stick visas on passport sha, mine was obtained online (I flew Kenya Airways) and printed out.

I however seem not to be seeing anything wrong with the transcript aside maybe travel history , maybe the issue is out of this transcript. Or he probably has doubts about your marriage or something, dunno....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mitchellia: 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
mitchellia:
Pls house, just stumbled on this wonderful & educated link. Pls how do one fill another ds-160. We would want to fill it personally.we have ignorantly contracted someone to handle it for us (my husband, 3 kids & mysef). he is yet to submit the forms. He had picked interview date. He refused to give us answers to the security questions. Is it possible to still link the newly filled ds-160 to the earlier chosen interview appointment date. Tnx
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ekomatty: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
I got Kenya visa on arrival and that's on my previous passport which i also presented today and the VO confirmed it. I think I'm just not lucky cos the visa thing seems like a gamble...anybody wins
OmoBendel24:

Was in Kenya two years ago though, just wondering if they stick visas on passport sha, mine was obtained online (I flew Kenya Airways) and printed out.

I however seem not to be seeing anything wrong with the transcript aside maybe travel history , maybe the issue is out of this transcript. Or he probably has doubts about your marriage or something, dunno....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ekomatty:
If that's the case... Since you've made travel plans why not change it and visit Europe with your family because with your profile and ties you should be able to get a schengen visa and enjoy your holiday and probably reapply for U.S visa early next year.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
mitchellia:

Pls help

Do you have login details to your profile on the CGI portal, I mean the e-mail used and password? That's the most important thing to have to take control of your situation yourself. What you asked is tenable, can be done....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ekomatty:
I got Kenya visa on arrival and that's on my previous passport which i also presented today and the VO confirmed it. I think I'm just not lucky cos the visa thing seems like a gamble...anybody wins

On your passport? VISA or ENTRY AND EXIT stamps?

Well, heed Seyewest's advise. See other more weighty countries, especially with you family, use the opportunity to solidify evidence of FAMILY and travel history too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrskem09(f): 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
I would go with the no travel experience as the african countries visited was even on the job travel experience.
We don't earn big as mentioned, my statement was we can afford our trip finacially. Also am not a fan of i need to see the world..... infact more of a workaholic.

So we planned to go on vacation to explore other stressfree opportunities outside Nigeria, hence we applied for this trip.

Are you saying if i had applied for medical visit it would have been considered?..

YankeeJJC:
No travel history is better than all dis African country, if u are earning big, should it be just an African countries dat will be your travel history? For 10/9years That on travel

The concrete one is u might be needing medical in U.S/u might decide to start up family in U.S.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
mrskem09:
I would go with the no travel experience as the african countries visited was even on the job travel experience.
We don't earn big as mentioned, my statement was we can afford our trip finacially. Also am not a fan of i need to see the world..... infact more of a workaholic.

So we planned to go on vacation to explore other stressfree opportunities outside Nigeria, hence we applied for this trip.

Are you saying if i had applied for medical visit it would have been considered?..

not a VO tho. Ur purpose to doz country should have been started for the fact that there are fake of it. If U.S doesn't work enjoy ur vacation elsewhere but not Dubai
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
Sweet sweet mrskemo
Don't cry love. It's aii.
I believe it's the travel history coupled with the fact that the only ties your have is your jobs.
My take? Do UK. Both of y'all. Or any other " better" country. When you want to reapply, dm me. I dont usually reply, so u gotta remind me please. Hugs sister girl

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
mrskem09:

You did good. Don't stress it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrskem09(f): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thank you, would do just that.

Will do other place as advised, hubby wanted you UK but i convinced him that US is better.

smiley smiley smiley sister hugs

LadyGuinivere:
Sweet sweet mrskemo
I believe it's the travel history coupled with the fact that the only ties your have is your jobs.
My take? Do UK. Both of y'all. Or any other " better" country. When you want to reapply, dm me. I dont usually reply, so u gotta remind me please. Hugs sister girl
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mitchellia: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Do you have login details to your profile on the CGI portal, I mean the e-mail used and password? That's the most important thing to have to take control of your situation yourself. What you asked is tenable, can be done....
We have the login details for the main applicant ( my husband). Logged in and saw the appoointments for the kids and mysef in there. The problem is d filling of the ds-160 for everyone now. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by skydude(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=seyewest post=65891496]
They don't have to ask him... it was in the form.[/quote
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mitchellia: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Please, can the password be changed so as to block unauthorised persons access. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ekomatty:
Hello all, I've been a silent reader on here, i went for an interview today. Below is the transcript

Me: Good morning sir

Vo: Where are you going in the US?

Me: I'm going to Brooklyn, New York

Vo: What's happening there?

Me: I'm going on vacation and tourism

Vo: You are staying where?

Me: I've booked a hotel for 10 days at xxxii hotel No 46 xxxyz street Brooklyn, NY

Vo: What do you do?

Me: I'm a businessman and CEO of xxxyz
I'm into Xxxyz business and i buy xxxx from different states in Nigeria and have them shipped to China and Vietnam

Vo: Do you ship it in a container or how?

Me: Yes, i ship in a container through Tincan

Vo: How many containers off Bleep do you ship in a month?

Me: I ship up to 4 containers every month

Vo: How long have you been doing this?

Me: It's been six years sir

Vo: How many staffs do you have sir?

Me: 5 staffs and they are very effective

Vo: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: Yes sir, I have traveled to South Africa,
Mozambique, Tanzania. I lost my passport which i reported to the authority and i have proof and photocopies of the visas here with me, but on my previous passport I've a used Kenya visa on it.

Vo: Can i take a look?

Me: Sure, passes it, he confirms it and have it returned to me

Vo: Are you married?

Me: Yes sir, I'm married and i have a son

Vo: What does your wife do for work?

Me: She's a fashion designer and she has a boutique where she sells bridal wears and baby's clothes

Vo: Unfortunately your visa is not approved at this time you can reapply later.

Me: Thanks and left

Note: I didn't flinch...All i could see were blue papers flying around

I'm giving it a break as I'm a bit confused rn
the Brooklyn and tourism u mentioned rang bell for the VO hear.
If u are going for tourism consider the hotel distance to tourist centres
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ekomatty: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
That's a good idea. Thanks
seyewest:

If that's the case... Since you've made travel plans why not change it and visit Europe with your family because with your profile and ties you should be able to get a schengen visa and enjoy your holiday and probably reapply for U.S visa early next year.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=skydude post=65894560][quote]

From this discussion all you could take out is that I'm encouraging him to lie or use fraudulent means to get a visa?
it's okay continue. grin
Thank God the person in question agreed with my opinion to take his family elsewhere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ekomatty: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
I got Kenya visa (single entry sticker) okay, I will travel else where in a timely manner as business comes first
OmoBendel24:

On your passport? VISA or ENTRY AND EXIT stamps?

Well, heed Seyewest's advise. See other more weighty countries, especially with you family, use the opportunity to solidify evidence of FAMILY and travel history too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
mitchellia:

Please, can the password be changed so as to block unauthorised persons access. Thanks.

Yes, do that first thing first and control your application yourself, provided the email address used is also under your control. Fill another DS160 for all affected, call the customer care unit of the embassy to update the DS160 number of all the affected, then print another appointment letter carrying the new DS160 form number when you are done. Simple!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AJJ17(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
opethom:
pls the name of the hotel and the distance to embassy pls and the amount per night

Cumberland Hotel ,It is close to The Place restaurant.

I paid 17K for a night and that's the cheapest but its cool though.

Distance is just about 5 to 10min max drive .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
YankeeJJC:
the Brooklyn and tourism u mentioned rang bell for the VO hear.
If u are going for tourism consider the hotel distance to tourist centres

True, but not hard and fast. Just like Central London hotels works better for a UK tourist visit. But then, I have seen someone using an hotel at The Bronx to get a visa that most of his planned places to see were around Manhattan, meanwhile Brooklyn (which of course is a stone throw from major attractions) is closer to those attractions than The Bronx. So?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ak22(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good day ma. My niece and my grandma are planing to travel soon . please ma, can they book appointment together or how can they go about it ? Because she is going because of grandma
Your advice ma

Cc LadyGuinivere
Cc justwise
Cc seyewest
Cc YankeeJJC
Cc OmoBendel24
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ekomatty: 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Exactly my thoughts
OmoBendel24:

True, but not hard and fast. Just like Central London hotels works better for a UK tourist visit. But then, I have seen someone using an hotel at The Bronx to get a visa that most of his planned places to see were around Manhattan, meanwhile Brooklyn (which of course is a stone throw from major attractions) is closer to those attractions than The Bronx. So?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fourfunmi: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
God bless you LadyG.
TTC sucks!!
Mrskemo, you'll be fine Ok?

LadyGuinivere:
Sweet sweet
mrskemo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Yes, do that first thing first and control your application yourself, provided the email address used is also under your control. Fill another DS160 for all affected, call the customer care unit of the embassy to update the DS160 number of all the affected, then print another appointment letter carrying the new DS160 form number when you are done. Simple!

However, take note that some agents can be really desperate, callous and close to demonic if not demonic sha! Hopefully this one isn't one, I have heard stuff, I mean stuff! Good luck....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
fourfunmi:
God bless you LadyG.
TTC sucks!!
Mrskemo, you'll be fine Ok?

cry crySaw that! LadyG's compassionate side got touched seriously now. God bless her, God bless MrsKemo mightily.... Your seeds sown be multiplied massively, that good news speedily I pray! kiss

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

cry crySaw that! LadyG's compassionate side got touched seriously now. God bless her and MrsKemo mightily.... Your seed down be multiplied massively, that good news speedily I pray! kiss
Amen!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
ak22:
Good day ma. My niece and my grandma are planing to travel soon . please ma, can they book appointment together or how can they go about it ? Because she is going because of grandma
Your advice ma

Cc LadyGuinivere
Cc justwise
Cc seyewest
Cc YankeeJJC
Cc OmoBendel24

Of course they can book together. Just read up some bit.... Your niece is 25, abi? Kindly explain that "because of grandma" part, been seeing it since and wondering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.