Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1175323 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
charaph:
Hello house, please I just registered for a conference in Orlando now, the registration fee is 1495,has any body register for event like this and get his money back when visa is denied. Also any body with a link to any Telecommunication conference that refund payment if visa is denied should please share the link.

check the refund policy and go through your ties while assessing yourself if you have a chance of getting the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
donhay:
Hello house
I'm scheduled for an interview on Tuesday, can I still change my ds160 code on my appointment booking?

Yes I think so but you must do it fast.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
[quote author=ganilat4 post=65940119][/quote]
if there's no fluctuation between naira and dollars why will they increase it.
$1 is N400 as per GTB calculation reason we're paying N64000

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Very true. Price will be adjusted before september

On what authority?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
That was the answer to the question.

Jukebox5:
Please what was i suppose to say? Buhari already placed a ban on agencies sponsoring workers abroad for training
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rol3nd: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rol3nd:
@Lady G, seyewest, & the gurus in the house.

Currently want to apply for B2 Visa but i want to make some inquires once again before i engage on this journey.

My wife is a Us citizen and we currently have K-1 spouse pending petition, I don't have any tiles back home except my house on my name and i am currently studying outside country (SA) visiting my wife would be amazing...and also i have some travel to some countries and i am capable of sponsor my own trip, Do i stand a chance for this visitors visa?

Please advice??

Please guys i need help on this on time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rol3nd:

Please guys i need help on this on time.

Your travel history and finances if solid MAY help you. Give it a try sha, sitting out the petition may be the end of it all though. That is almost or that is specifically your most treasured tie already in the US there!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2018
seyewest:

if there's no fluctuation between naira and dollars why will they increase it.
$1 is N400 as per GTB calculation reason we're paying N64000

Till date, that N400 exchange rate isn't even sitting right with me sef, I can't stop thinking that's some sort of rip off. How much is naira both at the black market and interbank rate or even bank cards rates abroad? The days of naira exchanging for about 199/200 they were even using 190, just dunno sha....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you Seyewest. I chose Yes and provided the arrival and departure dates. Please with the arrival city since I am going to California, what should it be because I know I wont get a flight directly to California. Even if I will transit in another state in the US, can I still say that arrival city is California. Kindly not that i am going for my graduation. Thank you

seyewest:

Yes if you're going for conference and no need to include the flight details.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by donhay: 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
seyewest:

Yes I think so but you must do it fast.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Till date, that N400 exchange rate isn't even sitting right with me sef, I can't stop thinking that's some sort of rip off. How much is naira both at the black market and interbank rate or even bank cards rates abroad? The days of naira exchanging for about 199/200 they were even using 190, just dunno sha....
I swear it's a ripoff because $1=N370 not N400

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
NanaOne1:
Thank you Seyewest. I chose Yes and provided the arrival and departure dates. Please with the arrival city since I am going to California, what should it be because I know I wont get a flight directly to California. Even if I will transit in another state in the US, can I still say that arrival city is California. Kindly not that i am going for my graduation. Thank you

Your POE in California is either LAX(Los Angeles) or SFO (San Francisco)

That should be your arrival city.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by charaph: 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
charaph:

Please seyewest, is their a conference from your experience that refund payment if visa is denied

Seyewest as of today is there any other places one can go for vacation apart from these common places(ghana, Dubai, Kenya, even Shengen ), it seems American doesn't believe in these places again to grant visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
charaph:

Seyewest as of today is there any other places one can go for vacation apart from these common places(ghana, Dubai, Kenya, even Shengen ), it seems American doesn't believe in these places again to grant visa

Go to Japan or south east asia (China,hongkong,thailand,singapore,philipines).... try Canada

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KINGOFJAPAN: 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Good day everyone. I’ll love for anyone here to inform me on the things needed to work my visa.
I have a friend in the states who wants me to come over but I have zero knowledge on immigration and visa procedures.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
KINGOFJAPAN:
Good day everyone. I’ll love for anyone here to inform me on the things needed to work my visa.
I have a friend in the states who wants me to come over but I have zero knowledge on immigration and visa procedures.

Get in touch with the U.S embassy to ask the necessary questions because here all we do is discourage visa fraud.... The Embassy in good position to work your visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
Guys my interview is wednesday and am having coldfeet already. Like am approaching judgement day

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princekejino(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Guys pls I want to ask av visited the UK twice 2015 and 2016 on medical issues and check up, but I will like to visit the USA this year I wana apply soon wat the chance of securing the visa. I av family frnd that wana invite me. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by charaph: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
seyewest:

Go to Japan or south east asia (China,hongkong,thailand,singapore,philipines).... try Canada

Seyewest this one na joke or waiting, I'm talking serious matter here you are making fun of it. Abeg be serious for once.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Omolola81: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hello everyone .....i do hope we all had a good weekend.I am reapplying for US VISA and there is a page on the DS-160 where a question was asked if i had been denied a US VISA before or my application was denied at the port of entry"
I clicked on "YES" but it says i should explain.
Please what explanation do i have to give?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrjoshtower: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
giftdavid112:

I guess you mean DS 160? Head over here: https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx . Select a location (Abuja or Lagos), type in the captcha code then click on Start An Application. The form questions are pretty straightforward.

When you are done with the form, head over to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/. You do your appointment stuff there.

I don't have answers to other questions, the gurus here can help out with that.

Thanks.
I really appreciate your kind assistance
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by james87871: 5:43pm On Mar 18, 2018
I was once deny with my family with the kids chosen orlando florida because of the kids ,i am planning to change my destination since it is only my wife and i applying this time to NEW York .please does it have any effect or should stick to florida .
please @Lady G, seyewest, & the gurus in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hardeyeanc(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
I'll be here one day to give a positive testimony like u guys but the truth is the rate at which vo denies people is alarming and saddens people's heart but #mycaseisdifferent
ayenikunle:

Thinking this way is a good way of limiting what God can do for you... just like johnpoko, I got mine on a virgin passport (January passport o) with no travel history...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
Omolola81:
Hello everyone .....i do hope we all had a good weekend.I am reapplying for US VISA and there is a page on the DS-160 where a question was asked if i had been denied a US VISA before or my application was denied at the port of entry"
I clicked on "YES" but it says i should explain.
Please what explanation do i have to give?
Thanks

Why did you clicked YES?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
james87871:
I was once deny with my family with the kids chosen orlando florida because of the kids ,i am planning to change my destination since it is only my wife and i applying this time to NEW York .please does it have any effect or should stick to florida .
please @Lady G, seyewest, & the gurus in the house.

I hope after that denial you traveled elsewhere with your family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blessingsystem: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
I have a follow-up interview after dropbox denial with 221g, but while reviewing my ds 160 for why it may have happened, I realised that I did not mention 2 of the five countries that I have travelled to in the last five years, as clearly indicated in my passport.
Any advice on what I can do about it now? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by james87871: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yes dubai and kenya ,you advice to apply with my wife and let the kids be home .please Mr. seyewest does it have any effect if i change destination to New York ? for Statue of Liberty and other places .I thought disneyland is for the kids not for adult please advice . Secondly if its new york must i book the hotel to be in New York NY ? please advice Mr. seyewest i want to submit my the ds form and book the appointment
seyewest:

I hope after that denial you traveled elsewhere with your family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
james87871:
Yes dubai and kenya ,you advice to apply with my wife and let the kids be home .please Mr. seyewest does it have any effect if i change destination to New York ? for Statue of Liberty and other places .I thought disneyland is for the kids not for adult please advice . Secondly if its new york must i book the hotel to be in New York NY ? please advice Mr. seyewest i want to submit my the ds form and book the appointment
Changing to New York make sense and it will have no adverse effect on your application. Reserve a room but don't pay oooo until you get the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blessingsystem: 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
@seyewest
Please help with this:
I have a follow-up interview after dropbox denial with 221g, but while reviewing my ds 160 for why it may have happened, I realised that I did not mention 2 of the five countries that I have travelled to in the last five years, as clearly indicated in my passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blessingsystem: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
blessingsystem:
@seyewest
Please help with this:

What would be the appropriate step to take under the circumstance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
blessingsystem:
@seyewest
Please help with this:

I doubt though.... You go for your interview, then just explain it. Did you overstay in those countries or misuse their visa or is it a country the Americans are wary of?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blessingsystem: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I doubt though.... You go for your interview, then just explain it. Did you overstay in those countries or misuse their visa or is it a country the Americans are wary of?

I did not overstay - maximum a week plus, they are Germany and The Netherlands and I was invited by reputable and known companies.

I must add that I have never overstayed my visa during any trip tp the US

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.