Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172510 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bettyLad(f): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
ozymes:
Which greedy and unreasonable school is asking you to pay 10k per child for introduction letter please?

same thing I asked,I was surprised as well and explained very well for them to understand what I'm asking for ,just a note with a letter head of the school that all and they claim to know it as they have done for other parents ,they said other schools in the vicinity charges more .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bettyLad(f): 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
dadee007:
My own advise is forget about the letter; the odds of the VO looking at the letter is minute. The VO knows anyway that school children will be on holidays. What you should ask yourself is, what will bring you back to Nigeria once in the US? This is also known as ties. Once you can get multiple reasons that you can prove to the VO, including ability to finance the trip, you should be fine.
hubby has a company in Nigeria as well as his where he is based , landed proprieties , we can't leave all that behind
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
bettyLad:

hubby has a company in Nigeria as well as his where he is based , landed proprieties , we can't leave all that behind

May be not you and your family.

But un-countless Nigerians have left all that behind...even some have left their kids to immigrate permanently to the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lawnreigh(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
I just finished my interview not quite long and this is my transcript below, at 12:15pm, Lagos consultate
V.O: Good Morning
Me: Good Afternoon
V.O: Passport plz
Me: (I handed my passport over to him)
V.O: Where are you going in U.S?
Me: New York, I'm going to New York for my annual end of the year leave
V.O: You will be staying in an hotel?
Me: Yes, I will be staying at xxxx hotel in Jamaica, Queens New York
V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes, I've been to China, Thailand and Qatar. China on program, Thailand on Tourism and Qatar too
V.O: Flips through my passport randomly(He was going through my old passport instead of new one that has the recent visas)
V.O: What do you went for in China?
Me: I went for my Chinese language advance speaker course and training from work
V.O: What do you do for a living?
Me: I work as Human Resources Manager and Chinese~English language interpreter
V.O: How long have you been on it?
Me: I've been on It for about 3years
V.O: Are you married?
Me: Yes, I'm married with a kid
V.O: type, type, type, handed me blue paper, said some stuffs but I didnt hear anything at that point

Nlder's, What went wrong? Where did I miss it? What are your suggestions, When is best time to re apply? What should be done before re applying?. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djay1: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
[sub][/sub]
AfonjaBoston:

You left for the US stayed in Nigeria for a month now you back? Don't you have a job or business that needs your attention?

It costs money to live a decent life in the States and it will be even harder for an illegal foreign national.

Don't do it unless you ready to set your life back by at least 3-5 years.

Save all these flight money you using to fly around let it gain interest in the bank for a minute

Thank you very much for the insight but i really don't have much going on in Nigeria right now.

I absolutely understand the possible years of setback.

Applied for a few scholarship opportunities here in the US though i hav'nt gotten any reply yet but the set back is something i might be willing to sacrifice for a better future (if US is a better future smiley )

Hav'nt been out here long enough to understand, hav'nt networked alot either.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
djay1:
[sub][/sub]

Thank you very much for the insight but i really don't have much going on in Nigeria right now.

Applied for a few scholarship opportunities here in the US though i hav'nt gotten any reply yet but the set back is something i might be willing to sacrifice for a better future (if US is a better future smiley )

Huh...you won't be the first or the last to make such move.

However, this approach is one of the reasons why getting US visas for genuine applicants is getting hard.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djay1: 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Huh...you won't be the first or the last to make such move.

However, this approach is one of the reasons why getting US visas for genuine applicants is getting hard.

I am confused how i am not being genuine ? I thought that was what i was doing by asking these questions.

Everthing i do is within a legal confindment.

Nigerians are denied visas for proir reputation of oversaying their visas or engaging in illegal activities.

I visited for a friends convocation, after which i returened home.

I came back to explore the country. I have currently visited 6 states and counting more.

This is my hard earned money, pls if i am doing something wrong, nicely let me know and i will make amends .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zlatimi: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Was at the embassy today for my interview was denied too but noticed something.. On the VO table i could see a table of packed full blue pappers with 2 white papers or so.. thou was denied for the world bank youth summit i applied for and was chosen.. mehn the rate of denial today was Hell thou it was d afternoon session aroun 11/12/1 pm time... The black skimeed VO thou ��� they already see u as a potential immigrant.
Mine today @ 1:15pm the window 6 black skimeed VO

VO: Good afternoon
Me: Afternoon
VO: pasport plss
Me: Hand it over
VO: what re you going to US for
Me: Going for the world bank youth summit in Washington DC
VO: what do you
Me: told her my occupation
VO: Are u married
Me: No
VO: enagged with kids
VO: sorry i wont be issueing ur visa
Wgat about my programe am going forshe didnt even ask abything anyways we go again and try again next year.
PS: the crowd in the embassy is much so much that it enough for the VO to vex sef haba
lawnreigh:
I just finished my interview not quite long and this is my transcript below, at 12:15pm, Lagos consultate
Me: Yes, I've been to China, Thailand and Qatar. China on program, Thailand on Tourism and Qatar too
V.O: Flips through my passport randomly(He was going through my old passport instead of new one that has the recent visas)
Me: I went for my Chinese language advance speaker course and training from work
V.O: type, type, type, handed me blue paper, said some stuffs but I didnt hear anything at that point

Nlder's, What went wrong? Where did I miss it? What are your suggestions, When is best time to re apply? What should be done before re applying?. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
djay1:

I am confused how i am not being genuine ? I thought that was what i was doing by asking these questions.

Everthing i do is within a legal confindment.

Nigerians are denied visas for proir reputation of oversaying their visas or engaging in illegal activities.

I visited for a friends convocation, after which i returened home.

I came back to explore the country. I have currently visited 6 states and counting more.

This is my hard earned money, pls if i am doing something wrong, nicely let me know and i will make amends .

djay1:
[sub][/sub]

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your post for meaning to stay permanently in the US even with your current visiting visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
MzYemie:
I don’t even care for the visa anymore at this point in time.
I just need to get the passport out. I’m just frustrated.

I also need mine asap as well. I have called and called but they don't have any concrete advise just keep waiting for the SMS and email. Maybe there's something wrong with their system

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Zlatimi:
Was at the embassy today for my interview was denied too but noticed something.. On the VO table i could see a table of packed full blue pappers with 2 white papers or so.. thou was denied for the world bank youth summit i applied for and was chosen.. mehn the rate of denial today was Hell thou it was d afternoon session aroun 11/12/1 pm time... The black skimeed VO thou ��� they already see u as a potential immigrant.
Mine today @ 1:15pm the window 6 black skimeed VO

VO: Good afternoon
Me: Afternoon
VO: pasport plss
Me: Hand it over
VO: what re you going to US for
Me: Going for the world bank youth summit in Washington DC
VO: what do you
Me: told her my occupation
VO: Are u married
VO: enagged with kids
VO: sorry i wont be issueing ur visa
Wgat about my programe am going forshe didnt even ask abything anyways we go again and try again next year.
PS: the crowd in the embassy is much so much that it enough for the VO to vex sef haba

lol. sorry for the denial. just make sure next time there is a significant positive change in situation. All the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
lawnreigh:

The truth is nobody here can tell you what you missed, only the VOs. We can only advise what we think, in our own personal opinion, what is best for you.

1. Try not to over answer questions. Let them ask before you reply. I don't know but did the Vo ask where you are going to and what you are going to do? Likewise your travel history, from your transcript she didn't ask what you went to do in those countries apart from China.

2. We should be careful with the replies to questions. The use of unsure words like about, almost, I think etc (there are a lot) at an interview shows the person isn't sure of the answer thereby casting doubts in the VOs mind.

Like I said, we don't have the solution only opinion. Try again after 6 months (not like there are available appointment dates sef) but make sure you prepare well and prayer for favour.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
djfrancis:

The truth is nobody here can tell you what you missed, only the VOs. We can only advise what we think, in our own personal opinion, what is best for you.

1. Try not to over answer questions. Let them ask before you reply. I don't know but did the Vo ask where you are going to and what you are going to do? Likewise your travel history, from your transcript she didn't ask what you went to do in those countries apart from China.

2. We should be careful with the replies to questions. The use of unsure words like about, almost, I think etc (there are a lot) at an interview shows the person isn't sure of the answer thereby casting doubts in the VOs mind.

Like I said, we don't have the solution only opinion. Try again after 6 months (not like there are available appointment dates sef) but make sure you prepare well and prayer for favour.

I love your introduction

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
lawnreigh:

If it was last year, with this transcript (not considering other background issues) you would likely have been successful with your visa application.

These days, those guys no get joy at all. It seems like they already have a mandate to drastically reduce visas being issued. I believe that if there is no compelling reason to travel, they refuse by default.

I also believe the decision is usually made prior to the interview. The interview is just to fulfill all righteousness and to also deny more based on how the interview goes.

So I don't think you missed anything, it's just bad timing.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sirgigs: 7:47am On Nov 28, 2018
lawnreigh:

Guys, they are not issuing Visa's for now. Save your cash. Didn't you see the blue copies in its hundreds on their desk and like 2 or 3 white papers?

It's not by you having all its takes anymore. US is not allowing Nigerians.....period!

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dedayo: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2018
I'm in the same boat. I have called, emailed and tracked my passport - all futile. I have requested for guidance on the withdrawal process, still no update. I am happy to make changes to my holiday plans. I just need my passport to travel for work. This lack of clarity and uncertainty cannot be right.

MzYemie:
Hello All,
Pls has anyone successfully called for and retrieved his/her passport from the US embassy?
Submitted via Dropbox since October 31st for my daughter and all the update I see when I check is application received.
We need to travel to another country urgently and I have sent mails repeatedly to LagosNIV but got no response for over a week now, I’m at my wits end. Any leads will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:16am On Nov 28, 2018
OmoBendel24:

We have loads of Dropbox, immigrant visas and non immigrant visas, approved for Nigerians all around the world (outside Nigeria) that are not seen by most of us, those could be accounting for the 45% ratio. But definitely not the physical number of approved persons you see at the Lagos or Abuja embassy of theirs, those one can never be more than 10-20% approval rate.

Any U.S Visa issued to any Nigerian outside of Nigeria will be counted as part of visa issued in that country the Nigerian applied from.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2018
bettyLad:

same thing I asked,I was surprised as well and explained very well for them to understand what I'm asking for ,just a note with a letter head of the school that all and they claim to know it as they have done for other parents ,they said other schools in the vicinity charges more .

nawa oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2018
lawnreigh:

it may seems to you that you've not done anything wrong... but as at now, your reason for traveling to U.S must be strong, I wondered why you decided not to go for Conference or Seminar in U.S in line with most of your visit abroad.
Applying for Business visa with your travel history is the key here.... remember this is not 2014-2016.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zlatimi: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2018
Like marriage or what exactly am planning of applying for youth assembly comimg up next year...
djfrancis:

lol. sorry for the denial. just make sure next time there is a significant positive change in situation. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zlatimi: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2018
This is true and very true same what i saw yesterday if u dont hv strong and good reason to travel na sorry be ur case.. on d window it was just 1 whute paper and plenty blue papers...

sirgigs:

Guys, they are not issuing Visa's for now. Save your cash. Didn't you see the blue copies in its hundreds on their desk and like 2 or 3 white papers?

It's not by you having all its takes anymore. US is not allowing Nigerians.....period!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mane48: 10:51am On Nov 28, 2018
nawaoo u.s visa dis year is worst

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YUNGLURD(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2018
I think as the general election is drawing close, they want Nigerians to remain in the country and perform their civic responsibility hence the massive refusal of visas.

PS: just my opinion tho

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2018
@mane48
Share your transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tessytessy(f): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
The VO didnt count those countries as solid travel history.

djfrancis:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MzYemie(f): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
What can we do? This is so unfair. I called the embassy today again and the lady even had the nerves to laugh and also told me that they’ll reply my mail eventually.
The people responsible for replying emails also do not answer calls.
This is so crazy, I am just looking for an email address of someone I can escalate to.

Dedayo:
I'm in the same boat. I have called, emailed and tracked my passport - all futile. I have requested for guidance on the withdrawal process, still no update. I am happy to make changes to my holiday plans. I just need my passport to travel for work. This lack of clarity and uncertainty cannot be right.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dedayo: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is unbelievable. Absolutely unacceptable. She has the temerity to laugh at you because this probably has been going on for so long, no one has complained for fear of being victimised, and she's probably always gotten away with it. Funny I spoke with someone as well today and I found the conversation...weird. He kept asking to be patient as the visa may be issued before my scheduled travel date. At some point I had to tell him he was not listening to me. I do not have the luxury of being patient. I am scheduled to travel for work and at this point just want to collect my passport. He finally said to call back again tomorrow. I'm not sure what will be different tomorrow.

I guess we got ourselves to this level. Suffering and smiling.

MzYemie:
What can we do? This is so unfair. I called the embassy today again and the lady even had the nerves to laugh and also told me that they’ll reply my mail eventually.
The people responsible for replying emails also do not answer calls.
This is so crazy, I am just looking for an email address of someone I can escalate to.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bettyLad(f): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Pretty greedy, and annoyingly annoying. OP, you don't need the "yeye" letter for this US visa purpose please, to hell with the school for now please. Assess your ties to Nigeria, that's the most important thing to you as you have been told above by a previous responder. Nonsense!

In fact, if you are not so much in love with the school, and they are not exactly meeting your desires for your kids, let this encourage to do them payback if possible! Mtcheeewww....

Meanwhile, I don't think the birthday celebration part sound great per se. Would be nice too if you state the name of that country you guys have always visited your husband in and return home. If it is well graded, that then should be a whole lot of advantage to your US visa application.
you need not tell me , come January my kids ll surly stop that school, my husband has decided on that already ,they now asked us to bring 10,000 for both now and my husband is willing to pay even though I told him its not really necessary, he said be doesn't want any lapses or fault from his end ,wants to go prepared . we have been to Dubai, Kigali and SA . we both have been denied 6years ago after our wedding , we wanted to go for honeymoon ,then my husband works in the UAE and has his resident permit but I didn't have any as we just newly got married and he was yet to apply my stay for me , they told him to apply for US visa from the country of his resident ,which was the reason of our denial. last year he applied as he got an invited to attend Kogi day convention in the US since he is the president of Kogi association UAE chapter but he was denied again, they didnt even ask many question, they asked what he was going to the US for and after his reply they denied him ..now he applied as a family ,and that was why we went to my kids school for letter .. as for his home ties ,his company is here and so in Kigali and UAE, why ll he leave all what he has laboured for to go stay in the US .. I pray they grant us cos almost all my friends ve visited the US and they r using it to brag ,me too go enter that same US go see wetin them experience wey person no go hear word , I dont want to get jealous of anybody again ..

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
bettyLad:

you need not tell me , come January my kids ll surly stop that school, my husband has decided on that already ,they now asked us to bring 10,000 for both now and my husband is willing to pay even though I told him its not really necessary, he said be doesn't want any lapses or fault from his end ,wants to go prepared . we have been to Dubai, Kigali and SA . we both have been denied 6years ago after our wedding , we wanted to go for honeymoon ,then my husband works in the UAE and has his resident permit but I didn't have any as we just newly got married and he was yet to apply my stay for me , they told him to apply for US visa from the country of his resident ,which was the reason of our denial. last year he applied as he got an invited to attend Kogi day convention in the US since he is the president of Kogi association UAE chapter but he was denied again, they didnt even ask many question, they asked what he was going to the US for and after his reply they denied him ..now he applied as a family ,and that was why we went to my kids school for letter .. as for his home ties ,his company is here and so in Kigali and UAE, why ll he leave all what he has laboured for to go stay in the US .. I pray they grant us cos almost all my friends ve visited the US and they r using it to brag ,me too go enter that same US go see wetin them experience wey person no go hear word , I dont want to get jealous of anybody again ..

grin grin grin grin
They will give you guys but it's in your hand... go check Oby Ezekwesili interview on CNN... This is what you guys need to do by taking charge of the interview from the go.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MzYemie(f): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2018
They’ve finally replied my email now( after 10 days SMDH), they said visa was approved and “may” be ready for pick up tomorrow.
I am so relieved. Best of luck in getting yours also.

Dedayo:
This is unbelievable. Absolutely unacceptable. She has the temerity to laugh at you because this probably has been going on for so long, no one has complained for fear of being victimised, and she's probably always gotten away with it. Funny I spoke with someone as well today and I found the conversation...weird. He kept asking to be patient as the visa may be issued before my scheduled travel date. At some point I had to tell him he was not listening to me. I do not have the luxury of being patient. I am scheduled to travel for work and at this point just want to collect my passport. He finally said to call back again tomorrow. I'm not sure what will be different tomorrow.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MzYemie(f): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2018
What number did you call pls?
I got an email this morning an need to verify
Dedayo:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mcl123: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2018
This was my transcript this morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: good morning.
Vo: Your passport
Me: Hands him my passport
Vo: what are you going to USA to do
Me: Vacation
Vo: Do you have any relation in the USA
Vo: Have you traveled out before
Me: Yes, Ghana and South Africa
Vo: Single or Married
Me: Single
Vo: Will anyone accompany you
Me: No.
Vo: Hands over my passport and green form.. I am sorry you are not illegible, go through the green form to see why you are not illegible.

Please what's ur advice house? Where did I go wrong.. He didn't ask about my work, I work in a reputable telecommunications company and my salary is good. Please i need answers. Because I was planning to spend Xmas and new year in USA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.