Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173325 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntyce(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Its nice to know you are also in a supporters club but too smart not to realise the course you are supporting.

Read, read, let it sink before you get so qwerty excited . it will save you a lot of embarrassment too

Professor of Migration and Visa Studies, it's cause and not course....

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 2:35am On Jan 01, 2019
What is wrong with trump just cos of mexican wall you close us embassy in naija yeye man .

He had boasted during his campaign that the Mexican government would pay for the wall.

However, with the refusal of the Mexican government to fund the wall, the President approached the US legislative, asking the bi-cameral institution to provide $5bn which would be used in funding the wall.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 2:38am On Jan 01, 2019
Nicklaus619:

I know right? I am considering canada

Welcome to Canada
And happy new year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2019
Hello people.
Completed my DS-160 and have the personal information with me and the other one I was asked to come with to the embassy along with my passport. However I didn't want to be missing out something here. It's not a stupid question, I just need it for purpose of clarity.
That DS-160 confirmation I was asked to come with do I print it out in black and white or color? Most folks I have asked says I go with both. For those who filled that ds-160 form plz advise me here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
ntyce:

Professor of Migration and Visa Studies, it's cause and not course....

I will not ignore you because I don't want you to fool yourself in public again.

Take some basic classes in morphology, context , verbs and nouns.

Come back and thank me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Is the indefinite closure across the African continent?

Is the embassy in Ghana/Cameroun open for services other than visas for folks living in Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You're right! It's about time for one.

Please start one as soon as you can. It will be a very interesting thread to follow and contribute in.

Not that serious grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by llcn1422: 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
ayobj:

I graduated two years ago. I am a Medical officer.
How many years post graduation
What is your grade as in status-residency or consultant
Also where do you work ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jesuisroya: 12:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Hello House.
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?
Thanks for your kind advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 4:40am On Jan 02, 2019
awumen:
https://www.nairaland.com/4933332/us-embassy-nigeria-closes-indefinitely
Gurus in the house, can you confirm the above news about the U.s embassy shutting down indefinitely due to government shut down?

It only shut down a section called the American centers. U.S. Embassy Abuja and Consulate General Lagos remain open for for all consular business, including visa interviews. Please attend your regularly scheduled interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by topmost2018: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2019
Hello House,

My dependant Ds160 was deleted after booking the appointment so I created a new ds160, how do I link the new barcode to the appointment confirmation page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SaladsandChapman: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2019
Please someone should respond to me, I didn't have the right passport photograph when I filled my DS-160, is it compulsory for the photograph to be there or I can take it to the embassy on the day of the interview as stated on the form? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

I will not ignore you because I don't want you to fool yourself in public again.

Take some basic classes in morphology, context , verbs and nouns.

Come back and thank me.
Bro ntyce was right. You don't "support a course", rather you "support a cause"

Trying to use context, or semantics to claim you are right is very dangerous.

What makes one a Scholar is not his ability not to make mistakes but his ability to take corrections from his mistakes.

18 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Scissorluv: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2019
Please, whose interview is today? Please signify if you were interviewed.. thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by donchukey: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2019
Pls I work with a federal agency. I am looking at spending my annual leave in the United States with my wife (Miami). I have never travelled before. I and my wife are both first timers, we have 6 kids but we don't intend travelling with them. What are the required documents? with a bank statement of 3million, what are our chances of getting a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by customised87: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2019
gimakon:
Hello people.
Completed my DS-160 and have the personal information with me and the other one I was asked to come with to the embassy along with my passport. However I didn't want to be missing out something here. It's not a stupid question, I just need it for purpose of clarity.
That DS-160 confirmation I was asked to come with do I print it out in black and white or color? Most folks I have asked says I go with both. For those who filled that ds-160 form plz advise me here

Anyone is fine
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by customised87: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2019
SaladsandChapman:
Please someone should respond to me, I didn't have the right passport photograph when I filled my DS-160, is it compulsory for the photograph to be there or I can take it to the embassy on the day of the interview as stated on the form? Thanks

Its complulsory. You will be turned back if you do not upload it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
donchukey:
Pls I work with a federal agency. I am looking at spending my annual leave in the United States with my wife (Miami). I have never travelled before. I and my wife are both first timers, we have 6 kids but we don't intend travelling with them. What are the required documents? with a bank statement of 3million, what are our chances of getting a visa?
\

Why not start with Dubai or an Africa country...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
LegitBachelor:

What makes one a Scholar is not his ability not to make mistakes but his ability to take corrections from his mistakes.

I respectfully disagree with you. He’s not wrong. Course can be used in this context. Anything can be ‘supported’ If he had used the phrase ‘support a course of action’ or ‘support a plan’ it would have been correct.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
Reine22:

I respectfully disagree with you. He’s not wrong. Course can be used in this context. Anything can be ‘supported’ If he had used the phrase ‘support a course of action’ or ‘support a plan’ it would have been correct.
But he didn’t put it that way. We all know it’s “Support a cause”. And in this case, Professor ITK was wrong.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mightyify(m): 2:05am On Jan 03, 2019
hello everyone I have friend who is a citizen of US, he wants me to come over, whats the best way to go about this? he said he will send invitation and i intend to stay there. can something be worked after getting there with visit visa? i have not travelled before....whats the best route to go about this please, he seriously wants me to come but i dont want us to make a mistake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2019
donchukey:

Hi. You have 6 children and just over $8,000 in the bank. Two tickets to Miami will cost about $3,000. Hotel, transport, and entertainment for two weeks another $2,000. With 6 children in Nigeria you want to spend over half your savings? Please think through the math of your finances carefully before presenting to a VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2019
jesuisroya:
Hello House.
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?
Thanks for your kind advice.

Please do the math of what it will cost to apply for a visa, buy plane tickets, live in a hotel, buy food, entertain for four people in the US and think of how it will present to a VO before deciding to apply.

If it looks like you are putting all your eggs into one basket (putting too much of your finances into a trip abroad) you are considered more of a flight risk. Try travelling on the continent or to Dubai/Middle East, first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:

"Cause" would have been preferable but there is "course" as in "course of action" where course = the route or direction followed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cerezo: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2019
My dear, there's nothing wrong with a friend wanting to invite you over, but planning to change the visit visa to something else makes everyone think otherwise. If you really wanna visit the US, work on your strong ties back home. Once you start thinking of abusing your visa, then you may never get it. You should ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a genuine visitor?
- Do u have more than enough to fund your trip?
- Have you visited other countries and returned back to your home country?
- Do you have enough proof you'll return home after this trip?

As much as I encourage folks to travel out and get exposed, it's a total NO if your intention is to abuse the purpose of your visa. It increases your BP and does affect the chances of genuine visitors back home. So, I'll advise you carry out a self appraisal.

Mightyify:
hello everyone I have friend who is a citizen of US, he wants me to come over, whats the best way to go about this? he said he will send invitation and i intend to stay there. can something be worked after getting there with visit visa? i have not travelled before....whats the best route to go about this please, he seriously wants me to come but i dont want us to make a mistake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Scissorluv: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2019
Hello, everyone. So, my interview is in a few days from now. My father will be sponsoring my trip, he's a permanent resident.. I live with my mom. I'm a student here and I intend to come back. Please, in what ways do you think I can prove I have strong ties to my home country? And what questions do you think they're likely to ask me? Thank you in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
Scissorluv:
Hello, everyone. So, my interview is in a few days from now. My father will be sponsoring my trip, he's a permanent resident.. I live with my mom. I'm a student here and I intend to come back. Please, in what ways do you think I can prove I have strong ties to my home country? And what questions do you think they're likely to ask me? Thank you in advance.

Hmm. Has your Dad filed an immigrant petition for you? This is important cause if you are under 21 he could easily have gotten you to the US. That's the presumption you have to overcome
I'd say if you have a history of travelling then that's in your favour.
You can only prove ties that you have...so stay calm answer sincerely and don't be bummed if you don't get it.
No script for questions...non-immigrant visit visa don't have a formula since no one but you knows what you filled in your form .

Please get your dad to file for you if your under 21,you're a student this is the best time to make use of edu opportunities

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hello everyone,
Am sure my question may have been asked previously. Am sorry to ask again.
Pls, we were asked to schedule follow up appointment 221G for family application. Me, my mum and kids in Abuja Consulate.
The calender is coming up blank. Please, how do i tackle this issue
Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mightyify:

The mistake you're making is traveling to U.S to stay/live in U.S illegally.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
cerezo:
My dear, there's nothing wrong with a friend wanting to invite you over, but planning to change the visit visa to something else makes everyone think otherwise. If you really wanna visit the US, work on your strong ties back home. Once you start thinking of abusing your visa, then you may never get it. You should ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a genuine visitor?
- Do u have more than enough to fund your trip?
- Have you visited other countries and returned back to your home country?
- Do you have enough proof you'll return home after this trip?

As much as I encourage folks to travel out and get exposed, it's a total NO if your intention is to abuse the purpose of your visa. It increases your BP and does affect the chances of genuine visitors back home. So, I'll advise you carry out a self appraisal.

Self Appraisal for someone wey wan run.... what is bad is bad... Don't help him with what he's planning to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by buzitins: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
Vuitton007:

same same!
submitted 26th
updated 27th
Dec 31, application received status

Nothg has updated or changed... i dont know how i got here lipsrsealed

Hi Vuitton007,

Any feedback yet as regards your own dropbox. Mine still showing application receives since Nov 27 2018

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by borvick(f): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Happy New Year to you all!

Please l need a guide on this. I have a daughter of 19 years, a 400L university student, (she still have a year to round up) she has no travel experience.

I would like to travel to US with her for holiday, her passport will expire by Dec 2019.

Please advice me on how to go about it and the chances she has.

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.