Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,407 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Do You Really Care? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Really Care? (478 Views)

Most Lastborn In Family Don't Really Care About Their Parents Upkeep / Ladies, This Is Proof That, Men Don't Really Care About Your Body Type. Pix / I Don't Really Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Really Care? by Raychellasam(f): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2017
..... We went to a wonderful but very expensive restaurant – you know , the kind of restaurant where the menu shows no prices. At the end of the meal , our host went to pay for our meal . I could see her talking with the restaurant owner , and I could tell that she was very upset. I was afraid she did not have enough money to pay the bill. I punched Dan in the side and said , “Honey , you have to do something!” He looked at me in disbelief and rightly so since I knew how much money he had in his wallet.
When our hostess returned to the table , I asked if everything was okay. She smiled and offered an explanation that amazed me . “Someone from the church came in, saw us all eating together , and paid the bill. Now I do not have the honor of paying for your meal . ” She went on to explain that the manager apologized but said that he could not accept any payment from her because the bill had already been paid .
We keep trying to pay for our sin when Jesus has already paid for it . All we need to do is accept His forgiveness and leave our sin behind. God ’ s way almost seems too easy, doesn’t it – to simply ask and receive His gift of love and forgiveness. Is it even possible to experience true forgiveness? While we can ’ t totally blot out a memory, we can make sure it ’s no longer a live issue in our lives. We ask for His forgiveness, and He gives it . Really ? Really !
We live in a way that suggests what Jesus did on the cross is not enough . It is more than enough. We feel like we live in a way that suggests what Jesus did on the cross is not enough . It is more than enough. We feel like we must make additional payments for our sin by doing something when Micah 7 : 19 is clear about God ’ s attitude toward our sin , “Once again you will have compassion on us . You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean ” ( NLT ) .
We act as if the Holy Spirit needs our help when it comes to dealing with sin . He doesn’ t. The problem comes when we revisit confessed sin , when we “go fishing” in the waters of our past .
Scripture is clear about God ’ s attitude when one of His children repents and seeks His forgiveness. Isaiah 1 : 18 ---- Though your sins are like scarlet , they shall be as white as snow. Though they be as crimson, they shall be like wool . Today is the day for you to walk in the freedom of God ’ s forgiveness . Today is the day for you to quit fishing in the waters of your past .
Let ’ s Pray Father, I am so tired of trying to live each day , carrying the baggage of my past . Please give me the courage to face the sins I have tried so hard to bury. Help me turn away from each one, leaving it in Your hands. Thank You , Lord , for Your grace , Your mercy, Your love , and Your forgiveness. In Jesus’ Name , Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Remedy For Bleached Skin? / Marriage Therapists Say These 6 Things Can Slowly Kill A Marriage / After Paying 20k For A Hotel Room And She Said She Z On Her Period,wot Wll I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.