Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry (10115 Views)

Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit / Understanding Land Sizes & Measurement In Nigeria Real Estate Investment / Real Estate Industry Still In Recession - Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by 1metre: 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:
A lot of people are now did real estate so that was why it is not moved well now and days.
and a lot of your people there are scammers angry
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
1metre:
and a lot of your people there are scammers angry

That is why you buy from reputable companies. Go for site inspection, know their office and also do other verifications. Use a consultant and not greedy agents.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by GenghisAlexa1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Why is it so hard to convert real estate to cash in Nigeria? Is the Nigerian Market not accessible to outsiders, or is it just not Valuable?
The solution in Nigeria is probably to attract foreign investors, they are the ones who can afford to really push the sector. Unfortunately, investors know the state of Nigeria's development and two i met feel it's not worth it just yet except maybe Lagos Island and Uptown Abuja.

Its gonna take a while, but Ambode has taken the bold step with the grand repackaging of Lagos State which is currently ongoing nonstop in several locations and areas. Soon, i expect to see foreign investors trading lagos properties to each other the same way they trade at least Brussels,Vienna, Tokyo,Istanbul and maybe even London and NewYork properties. Its gonna take time, and money, but, we'll get there , maybe even sooner than it took these older countries we are all so fond of comparing ourself to.

P.S: Sorry I talk too much about Lagos,its the only place i know so much about. I heard PH, Uyo and Anambra are doing nice too tho.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Angy55(f): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
Why won't there be problem when the Nigerian Institution Of Estate Surveyors and Valuers is corrupt body?
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by MrMcJay(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
iamnicer:
embarassed

Its quite unfortunate that[b] NIGERIA[/b] as a country have no principa memorandum for REALESTATE , everybody is a real estate agent, no REMAX registration and principa association groups, .

forget all my grammer ,
me sef abi REAL ESTATE AGENT
we buy, we sell and we dey also build

DOUBLE YOUR HUSTLE
NA NAIJA WE DEY BROS OP

But REMAX agents are in Nigeria na

http://global.remax.com/officeagentsearch.aspx#!mode=list&type=1&regionId=117&regionRowId=&provinceId=&cityId=&localzoneId=&name=&location=&spokenLanguageCode=&page=1&countryCode=NG&countryEnuName=Nigeria&countryName=Nigeria&selmode=residential&officeId=&TargetLng=&TargetLat=

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by iamnicer: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by IwillSucced(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
mazinoweb:

Seriously you are confused. Go and check the whois of nationalhelm and domaindome. I can use my nairaland account to share any post. Most of my friends too share my post with their account.

grin grin grin, there is a difference between sharing of post and doing what boneblogger does.. I would have said you should check his profile but I know you are him and trying to deny (I wonder why)... You are even denying your own blog you said you created and is already 900,000 in alexa in a month. You are also denying that you are an admin in BHB. I never expected you to be blogging about entertainment in the shadows since you claim to dislike them...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by IwillSucced(m): 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
mazinoweb:

Seriously you are confused. Go and check the whois of nationalhelm and domaindome. I can use my nairaland account to share any post. Most of my friends too share my post with their account.

grin grin grin, there is a difference between sharing of post and doing what boneblogger does.. I would have said you should check his profile but I know you are him and trying to deny (I wonder why)... You are even denying your own blog you said you created and is already 900,000 in alexa in a month. You are also denying that you are an admin in BHB. I never expected you to be blogging about entertainment in the shadows since you claim to dislike them....
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by princejones(m): 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
God please pick my call to pick it big in the real sector
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
IwillSucced:

grin grin grin, there is a difference between sharing of post and doing what boneblogger does.. I would have said you should check his profile but I know you are him and trying to deny (I wonder why)... You are even denying your own blog you said you created and is already 900,000 in alexa in a month. You are also denying that you are an admin in BHB. I never expected you to be blogging about entertainment in the shadows since you claim to dislike them...

Do you read to understand? Where did you see that I denied being an admin in BHB. For your record, I am the creator of BHB. I owned it.

But for national helm, I am not a mod or the owner. Get that straight.

Stop saying what you dont know.
I owned only two functional blogs. http://domaindome.org & http://mazinoweb.com

Stop fooling yourself, I am not the owner of national helm. Go and check domain whois if you actually know how to do so.
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by IwillSucced(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
mazinoweb:

Do you read to understand? Where did you see that I denied being an admin in BHB. For your record, I creator of BHB. I owned it.

But for national helm, I am not a mod or the owner. Get that straight.

Stop saying what you dont know.
I owned only two functional blogs. http://domaindome.org & http://mazinoweb.com

Stop lying, Boneblogger had domaindome.org in his signature and if you are the one who owns that blog then you are boneblogger.. And boneblogger only posted about nationalhelm.co.. I be like CIA for here or make I turn to FBI for you
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
IwillSucced:

Stop lying, Boneblogger had domaindome.org in his signature and if you are the one who owns that blog then you are boneblogger.. And boneblogger only posted about nationalhelm.co.. I be like CIA for here or make I turn to FBI for you

I am done with you.

There are many accounts that share nationalhelm post. You are really fooling yourself, Go to Facebook and ask who own national helm.

Your CIA or FBI sense you feel you get just be like vigilante own.
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by BrownChima212(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
With us at Everything Property Ltd you have zero worries Identifying the best property in Abuja for you. Call or WhatsApp 07036825523.
Talk to us about ABUJA real estate matters. cheesy

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
iamnicer:
embarassed

Its quite unfortunate that[b] NIGERIA[/b] as a country have no principa memorandum for REALESTATE , everybody is a real estate agent, no REMAX registration and principa association groups, .

forget all my grammer ,
me sef abi REAL ESTATE AGENT
we buy, we sell and we dey also build

DOUBLE YOUR HUSTLE
NA NAIJA WE DEY BROS OP

The plan is on going for proper regulation, check and balance
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
IwillSucced:

Like you are just a jjc in Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3454704/naf-counter-terrorism-rehearsal-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/3071030/customs-seize-bags-rice-kebbi

https://www.nairaland.com/3048324/wike-begins-rehabilitation-aba-road

Check all those links you will see different URLs , your sense will saying I am.the owner of those sites.

Just this thread by havillaplus doesn't mean the person own that site url.
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by zoechris: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Check site for affordable estate from our real estate firm;
www.zoerealestateproperties.com.ng
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by SleekyP(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Adron homes AND PROPERTIES LIMITED

*A leading Pan-African Real Estate Development company *

Now The Good News!!!

Get 25% discount off all our landed properties.
PROMO PROMO PROMO buy a plot of land in ADRON Homes and properties in Ibadan, Lagos, Abuja and Ogun State make a deposit of 150k collect 1bag of rice , 2litter Of vegetables oil,and 1goat

deposit 100k And collect 1bag Of rice ,2litter of vegetable oil,and 1cockerel

deposit 50k and collect 1cockerel ,2litter of vegetable oil

Don't miss this great opportunity...

FEATURES:
#Electricity
#Gated and fenced estate
#Fitted AC
 State of the Art Finishing
 Serene Environment
 Fitted Kitchen
 Security
 Easy Access to Main Road
 24 Hours Water Supply

Buildings are also readily available across all our estate and promo applies!!!!
Documents to be given include:
Contract of Sale
Receipt for Payment
Letter of allocation
Deed of Assignment

It's better to buy and wait than to wait to buy....Now is the time!!!!
FOR INQUIRIES AND SITE INSPECTION

1 Share

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
We as a reputable real estate firm is here to help u bridge the gap and totally eliminate omonile wahala from the equation thereby giving u a stress-free transaction flow.

Satisfied customers keeps us in business

Call us for genuine lands at Ibeju Lekki, ikorodu, Attan ota, Asaba, Awka
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by InvertedHammer: 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
/
It doesn't help that every cab driver is a real estate agent just as every tout is a clearing agent.

Partnership is a big headache due to the underlying dishonesty of all parties involved. Everyone is more interested in quoting millions when the fact is that the buyers are not getting any values for their money. A house with no access road, poor drainage system is listed at a price pulled out of a hat without any proper or standard valuation. Of course, there is always a sucker who buys the headache. Do you really get value for your money? In your dreams.

/\
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by doctorgold(m): 3:45am On Oct 20, 2017
havillaplus:

Lack of Competent Builders/Contractors
There is a dearth of competent and professional builders/contractors in Nigeria. This is also one of the issues affecting Nigeria real estate industry. Most Nigerian builders/contractors are quacks who place more emphasis on money and the initial mobilisation fee instead of getting the right workforce and professionals that will execute the project.

When this becomes the case, the workforce is chosen based on availability and not competence and having the right skills. Experts have blamed incompetent artisans and weak supervision of workmen as one of the major reasons of building collapse.

Source: http://sapientvendors.com.ng/10-issues-affecting-nigeria-real-estate-industry/#comment-6942

As much as I want to applaud the researcher of this article, I think lack here is a very strong word to use. how do we explain the attitude of clients and developers in employing competent hands in building construction. what you get is a bad contractor when contract sums are poorly negotiated and clients and developers go for the lowest bidder. You may want to research into the "lekki gardens" scheme.
Better put, rather than stating lack of competent builders, the problem is proliferation if half baked contractors who would jump at anything thrown at them.by clients and developers seems more appropriate. THIS is not neglecting greed expressed by clients and developers in maximising profit.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Olamike20: 6:44am On Oct 20, 2017
Call or inbox on whatsapp +2347056435603 for more information

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by obidevine(m): 6:50am On Oct 20, 2017
Loo-Cent Services

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by salesforce: 9:32am On Oct 20, 2017
Really
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by MiracleOparah(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2017
Teewhy2:
Omo onile ,lack of finance and sincerity are the main issue.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Chibabe1(f): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:
A lot of people are now did real estate so that was why it is not moved well now and days.

RIPEnglish
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by TrillionBrains(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2017
Lol, check out Tech Skills Employers are on the lookout for to avoid these aforementioned issues.

Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by lilreese: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
True
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by propertyarena: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
JUAT BUY CEDARWOOD PARK AND THANK ME LATER
if you are looking for an affordable property and somewhere you can develop in the next 1 year or less..
CEDARWOOD PARK is the answer.

Why cedarwood Park?

cedarwood park is strategically located in Ayeteju town in Ibeju lekki, 5 minuites before the famous Eleko junction.

cedarwood park is accessible, and have people already living in the neighborhood with electricity too.
the land is 70% dry, and has a smooth topography.

if you are thinking of where you can develop in the next 1 year, you need to visit cedarwood park, you will be 100% convinced.
it would also interest you to know that lagos state is building a metropolitan park in that environment.

cedarwood park is selling for 1.8m at a promo price,
this property is worth 3m as i speak.
half plot also available for 900k.

installment payment for 12 months also available.
kindly contact us on 07058323906
or bbm D8CF78EA.

CONTACT US, LETS TALKKKK.
Re: Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry by Malayy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
sweerychick:
Tribalism,I heard from real estate consultant that most igbos don't like buying lands and properties outside the east undecided too bad
foolish thing. So thats tribalism to you? We are trying to develop our land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Generator / Showroom For ( Special Marble and Granite here) / Buy and Build Estate Beside Abijo GRA. Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.