Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (21872 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Barcelona After Arsenal's Alex Song / Alexandre Song Vs Mikel Obi: Who's A Better Player ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2010
hey cameroun g i think i was the one that asked you about how u got ur knowledge of the game.lol

@ chris if you attack wengers credentials then let me tell you the other side of the story
Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink. what do they have in common? they all liked to play john obi mikel right?? and guess what else? they all ended their stay at chelsea in failure!
Mourinho got sacked
Grant won nothing of note and got sacked
Scolari won nothing of note and got sacked
Hiddink won nothing of note and left on his own but of all these coaches he was the worst as under him chelsea went to third in the league, a position they had not smelt for at least four years! so going by your arguments how are any of these guys with the marginal exception of mourinho better than wenger? at least he didnt get sacked!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by camerounG(f): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
HEY MY MAN KGDAVID, SORRY FOR THAT SMALL MIXEDUP THERE. I WAS ADDRESSING MASEF TO mr CHIDICRIS. WHO HAS BEEN CONSISTENTLY RUNING AWAY FROM THE MAIN POINT.LOL kiss
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
lol never mind that. which part of cameroun are you from? i have camerounian friends
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by camerounG(f): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
oK i am from the northwest region. but was born in the south west region.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
so u speak both french and english right?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ chris if you attack wengers credentials then let me tell you the other side of the story
Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink. what do they have in common? they all liked to play john obi mikel right?? and guess what else? they all ended their stay at chelsea in failure!
Mourinho got sacked
Grant won nothing of note and got sacked
Scolari won nothing of note and got sacked
Hiddink won nothing of note and left on his own but of all these coaches he was the worst as under him chelsea went to third in the league, a position they had not smelt for at least four years! so going by your arguments how are any of these guys with the marginal exception of mourinho better than wenger? at least he didnt get sacked!

@kgdavid,
u are digressing. i never attacked wenger rather what i did is called a critical analysis and even wenger fans will tell u he does not buy established players and this he started all of a sudden.
i love wenger and he brought me to asrenal though he later chassed me away. he was a winner till that day in 2004 when he lost to man u after 49 unbeaten record. remember, i mentioned players and pointed facts and figures with dates and time of refferences.
patrick viera's sale from arsenal caused problems so also is the sale of emmanuel adebayor. do u still remember the circustances sourounding the sale of ashley cole to chelsea? how can u let campbell leave because of age and call him back after four seasons? why will u refuse to give pires two years contract and went for sylvester of man u? are u still following the football of pires in spain and he does his things with villareal?
brother, i talk football with undiluted truths.
the crime of mikel was dumping man u 's 4 million pounds fraudulent signing for chelsea's 16 million pounds. he is an independent person and has the right to his decision as blatter will rightly say, NO PLAYER IS SURPOSED TO BE A SLAVE TO ANY MANAGER OR CLUB.
in all the points i made available to u, it is only wenger's issue u are interested in making to topic less relevant.
consistency is the name of the game and like everyother arsenal good player, song will leave whenever he is considered good enough to play in a standard club.
he is still playing in the school boys team where no established player is in contention with him. do u know what it means playing with about six national team captain with german captain in contention for the same position.
kgdavid, say before God and man that what u are seeing today in mikel, u gave it to him the day it was confirmed that he has been signed by chelsea.
i still remember vividly that many nigerians including austin eguavon believed he will be frustrated on the bench.
even if fifa picked mikel for the world best player of the year, mikel will get the highest oposition from nigeria.

@cameroun G,
i still hold nothing against u as you are really ur brother's keeper. u have values for ur own and God will protect u for u always protect ur brother so if u say it is song, i can always bear with u.
the most unfortunate thing here is that the best holding midfielder has not done anything to help cameroun win even an ordinary excercise book like mikel has been able to get like 3 bronze for nigeria at the nations cup. by the way, how far did ur song led cameroun team go in angola?
pls know it that arsenal is a training ground and players like henry, pires, emmanuel adebayor, mathew flamini, hleb, kolo toure, viera and a host lot of long and uncountable lists of players have proved that.
the best player wenger has produced in his history is henry and we all see henry as nobody in barcelona and at national team, all he cld do is fraudulently and handifully force the ball into the net of irland and with the help of the fraudulent platini, frence went to world cup.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
arsenal are no longer a schoolboy team or whatever u call them. these guys have matured greatly and yes song has competition! there are denilson and diaby waiting to take his place at any given chance. mikel does not have competition atm because the only other DM at chelsea is injured at the moment and the moment essien is back he will come back into the team. who are the six national team captains vying for his position? in chelsea the only national team captains are drogba and ballack. so what six captains are you referring to? of the two only one is a midfielder and im sure you know that ballack is not a defensive midfielder so which competition are you talking about? wenger may have sold some key players but all those guys have now been replaced. hleb-nasri, pires-rosicky, gilberto-denilon
henry - van pearsie,who else? cole left for cash but dont forget that arsenal got gallas in return.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
mikel does not have competition atm because the only other DM at chelsea is injured at the moment and the moment essien is back he will come back into the team.

@kgdavid,
if u are saying wenger has replaced all the sold key players, why then are the trophies not coming?
if wenger calls his side youngstars and u are saying they are all matured, who among u here is the liar?
the prayer of most of u haters of mikel is that whenever essien is well, mikel goes back to the bench have been dropped in the dust bin as the coach determines which formation he plays in every game. if u have been watching chelsea matches, u sometimes see mikel along essien. remember mikel did not come to chelsea as a dm. henry did not come to arsenal as a striker besides essien is a versatile player who can play in any part of the pitch.
ballack and mikel sometimes replace each other. there is a balleti who also plays from that position.
ur denilson and diaby are all good players but can never play in chelsea at the moment.
stop pretending, mikel's progress is still a thorn on ur flesh and as long as u have a wicked mind always waiting to see ur fellow country man go back to the bench, u will wait forever and ur place on the bench will remain permanent.
this is called the law of nature, getting back what u wish others.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2010
ur posts never cease to amaze me. you have some serious testosterone imbalance i tell you.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by ahidjo: 3:03am On Apr 06, 2010
@ChidiChris
You are blessed. I have followed your posts and have found you as one that has sound mind, great intellect and logic. You are highly analytical, creative. You are principled and pesuasive in your arguements. You are progressive minded and above all God fearing. These are qualities that 99% of Nigerians lack. That is  why Nigeria is a castrated nation. I do share your frustrations with the kind of feeble arguments put forward against Mikel by so many hateful people here. I have learned with time that most Nigerians' level of intelligence is well below average (again the reason we continue to let thieves continue to steal our common wealth) and that 99% of Nigerians are always dead wrong on any arguements/ discussion they enter into due to their shallow level of comprehension and articulation. Never give up. God is on your side. As you continue to wish Mikel well, so will God continue to make provisions for you. It will be woe unto those who continue to malign, abuse and insult a hard working young man who earns his income legitimately. For those that continue to offer constructive criticisms, it's well. We must rise to defend our compatriots who continue to bring and attract positive image to our country. ENOUGH SAID
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2010
ur posts have shown that u really do not understand football. yes arsenal are young but age ant maturity are not the same. you say if they are now matured they should be winning trophies. fine. so for the last tree years that chelsea have won no premier league trophy talkless of champions league does it not therefore imply by your own twisted logic that chelsea have not been mature for three years? dont talk rubbish and try to twist any facts here. you have already exposed yourself for the rambling ignoramus you are when you said mikel is competing with six national team captains. do you think you are talking to a child? ur lack of football knowledge is appalling. when ballack comes on for mikel it is called a tactial switch. meaning that although ballack is coming on for mikel, he is not coming to play mikels role. these kind of subs r made when sides are fighting to score a goal. belletti never plays there liar! he has come on for mikel once or twice for the same reason as ballack. tactical switch. he comes on to either add attacking threat down the flank or to shore up the defence when chelsea are protecting a lead. i never said essiens presence means mikels relegation to the bench. what i said was that essien will never sit on the bench and if it comes to making a decision between the two you know it will be essien.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2010
your posts have shown that u really do not understand football. yes arsenal are young but age ant maturity are not the same. you say if they are now matured they should be winning trophies. fine. so for the last tree years that chelsea have won no premier league trophy talkless of champions league does it not therefore imply by your own twisted logic that chelsea have not been mature for three years? dont talk rubbish and try to twist any facts here. you have already exposed yourself for the rambling ignoramus you are when you said mikel is competing with six national team captains. do you think you are talking to a child? your lack of football knowledge is appalling. when ballack comes on for mikel it is called a tactial switch. meaning that although ballack is coming on for mikel, he is not coming to play mikels role. these kind of subs r made when sides are fighting to score a goal. belletti never plays there liar! he has come on for mikel once or twice for the same reason as ballack. tactical switch. he comes on to either add attacking threat down the flank or to shore up the defence when chelsea are protecting a lead. i never said essiens presence means mikels relegation to the bench. what i said was that essien will never sit on the bench and if it comes to making a decision between the two you know it will be essien.

@kgdavid,
i never mentioned mikel competing with six national team captains rather the line read and is still reading; do u know what it means playing with about six national team captain with german captain in contention for the same position.
the key words there are; about six and this was in line with when mikel joined chelsea and for any club that can host about that number of national team captains, it was and is not a small club side. the second key word there playing. the playing with is very far from competing with, in fact the distance is like going from nigeria to isreal by road. finally, the word contention for the same position with german captain signifies the calibre or class players in the shape of golliath the little mikel in the shape of david had the heart to fight.
the word tactical are used by some commentators and are never sure words as they based their judgements on assumptions looking at the situation on the pitch.
wether jonah swallowed the fish or the fish swallowed jonah, the most important issue here is there was a swallow.
my dear, when mourinho was buying mikel, he never signed a tactical contract to confirm that any time mikel is replaced or replaces someone it becomes a tactical change but when ever essien is fit to play and mikel drops to the bench it becomes a know how situation.
my brother, envy, jealous and greed has destroyed the sense of reasoning in u.
the whole football world have confirmed mikel as a natural replacement for makalele and essien has never been mentioned in that aspect.
let me draw ur attention to the fact that makalele suffered goal draught in his soccer carrier and many soccfer analysts will tell u that mikel is going the ways of his predecessor.
in what ways have u explained ur ground achievements wise for song to be better than mikel.
i did mention some of the achievments of mikel trophy wise and individual wise so tell me where ur song .
the only season under the reign of abramovic that chelsea went trophiless was under grant when terry lost the golden opportunity for chelsea to win the champions league in moscow.
i authioritatively tell u here that ur matured arsenal side is down 5 seasons without a spoon and if time is not taken the sixth season is arround.
brother, like i said, what u wish ur brother will surely come back to u. u know and God knows whta u are wishing mikel deep down in ur heart hence i prophesy, WHATSOEVER U WISH MIKEL DEEP DOWN IN UR HEART, LET THAT FOLLOW U ALL THE DAYS OF UR LIFE.

You are blessed. I have followed your posts and have found you as one that has sound mind, great intellect and logic. You are highly analytical, creative. You are principled and pesuasive in your arguements. You are progressive minded and above all God fearing. These are qualities that 99% of Nigerians lack. That is why Nigeria is a castrated nation. I do share your frustrations with the kind of feeble arguments put forward against Mikel by so many hateful people here. I have learned with time that most Nigerians' level of intelligence is well below average (again the reason we continue to let thieves continue to steal our common wealth) and that 99% of Nigerians are always dead wrong on any arguements/ discussion they enter into due to their shallow level of comprehension and articulation. Never give up. God is on your side. As you continue to wish Mikel well, so will God continue to make provisions for you. It will be woe unto those who continue to malign, abuse and insult a hard working young man who earns his income legitimately. For those that continue to offer constructive criticisms, it's well. We must rise to defend our compatriots who continue to bring and attract positive image to our country. ENOUGH SAID
@ahidjo,
if there are few good nigerians still living, our footballers will be more than anyother group here in nigeria. these are guy who out of their individual efforts worked their ways to glory. they have brought reasons for ppl outside nigeria to believe that something good can still come out of babyloon yet dark and wicked minds will never see anything good in them.
well, the good news is the more we insult them, the more God of heaven uplift them. i can't stop wondering why in the midst of wealth, nigerians are suffering beyond boarders but while and how can a wicked mind progress?
until we change our attitudes towards progressives and decent ppl among us, the never do well syndrom will never leave us.
because u have accepted to call a spade a spade, the God of heaven who lift these guys up, who made them heroes from zeros, who made ways for them where there seemed to be no ways, whose ways are far much different from dark and wicked minds, he will surely meet u at the point of ur needs.
the gravitational forces of wicked nigerians will never be effective in ur life. those fingers of blessings that u point at others will surely follow u all the days of ur life. all these and more i pray in the name of Jesus Chris.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2010
i said arsenal are getting matured now. what mikel has won trophy wise is inconsequential as he did not win it on his own but rather as a part of a team. if trophies won by teams are proof of one individual's talent then i put it to you that park is better than torres. after all parks has won at least three premier league titles and a champions league which torres has never smelt. however we all know that torres is not to be compared with park so ur argument is hogwash. what i want you to do is to analyze every aspect of both players games stating their strengths and weaknesses. is that so hard? about your statement please stop lying to cover your tracks. you categorically stated that mikel has more competition at chelsea than song has at arsenal. in this vein you went on to state that mikel has six national team captains in contention for the same place. u did not say he is in contention with ballack.you said he was in contention with six national team captains for the same place. dont even try to edit your post now. in any case chelsea never had up to six national team captains. they had four which were terry, ballack, drogba and maybe shevchenko? not sure who the fourth was.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2010
i said arsenal are getting matured now. what mikel has won trophy wise is inconsequential as he did not win it on his own but rather as a part of a team. if trophies won by teams are proof of one individual's talent then i put it to you that park is better than torres. after all parks has won at least three premier league titles and a champions league which torres has never smelt. however we all know that torres is not to be compared with park so your argument is hogwash. what i want you to do is to analyze every aspect of both players games stating their strengths and weaknesses. is that so hard? about your statement please stop lying to cover your tracks. you categorically stated that mikel has more competition at chelsea than song has at arsenal. in this vein you went on to state that mikel has six national team captains in contention for the same place. u did not say he is in contention with ballack.you said he was in contention with six national team captains for the same place. dont even try to edit your post now. in any case chelsea never had up to six national team captains. they had four which were terry, ballack, drogba and maybe shevchenko? not sure who the fourth was.

@kgdavid,
whenever i see things going my ways, i do nothing but laugh in different languages.
i am no different from other soccer analysts who from time to time in their preview of individuals call them a world cup winner. brother if there are soccer played by single individuals other than the 11 man game, i think am lost here.
how do u rate players? by what they have achieved club wise and national team wise that is why henry had to leave arsenal in his pursuit of champions league glory and glory be to God in barca he got that.
on the other hand brother, mikel and song anchored chelsea and arsenal defensive positions respectively in their two meetings this season that is at emirate and stanford bridge. brother, i watched the two matches liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and mikel's side won on clean sheets on both occassions humbling arsenal 0 - 3 at emirates and 2 - 0 at stanford bridge. oga wetin make mikel do for u.
on the issue of national team captains, it is still there so pls take a trip and stop changing the topic here the exact words were about so if u can get four, i think that is a pass mark and it is not my duty to make research for u.
if u say song will be better, i will only see u as the man who knows tomorrow and there will be no arguement but if u say he is better then prove by his achievements.
has song been on the pitch alone before to playagainst an 11 man team? no is the answer because soccer is a team game of 11 aside all things being equal (ceteris paribus) in economists call what they do on the picth division of labour.
let me break it down for u, this defensive midfield role serves as the pivolt on which the team rotates. this particular position was made popuplar by mourinho and the player whose second name is dm is makalele whose shoes mikel has come to fit in.
now he serves as a protector to the defense and a distributor to the attack. on the other hand, he(mikel) acts as a coolant whenever there is trouble wiuth the teams ball possession as he gets the ball out of the troubled zone and send it to some comfort zone and that is why ignorant nigerians will say he always pass the ball side ways or backward.
whenever he (mikel) is not playing well, the club(chelsea) stands a 80% chances of loosing the game with special refference to last season's champions league game against juve.
again, whenever chelsea is playing a team like arsenal who always flood their 18 yard box in attack, it is him(mikel) that gets the ball out of song or denilson and send a telegraphic pass to the drug-baron(sorry i mean drogba) for a massive destruction.
mourinho appreciated mikel as an attacking midfielder but he also understand the scarecity of worthy defensive midfielders and since in mikel he sees a raw material, he decides where he wants him knowning and trusting his abilities. to mourinho, mikel was good even as a goalkeeper.
to most football lovers, that flairs and actions mikel was known with are gone but he who pays the piper will surely dictect the tone.
i can assure u chelsea are not interested in mikel scoring because goals are no longer the club's problem as they are about making history in the premier league as the first team to score 100 goals a season.
if mikel did not score and arsenal got 5 unreplied goals from chelsea then what will happen to them if he does?
uncle, i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience u that song is a very good player but in a very different class from mikel and that the competition in chelsea is far more different and difficult from what we have in arsenal.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
finally u want to talk football! good. first of all mikel and song play what generally appears to be the same position but are quite different. where songs main strengths lie in winning the ball mikels main strengths lie in distributing the ball. to me songs ball winning abaility is more valuable than mikels 'coolant' effect. yes i agree with you that mikel plays a very important role in ensuring the continuity of chelseas game but defensively he is not good enough. song on the other hand is a an excellent defender with not as much of mikels distribution skills but with a little bit of it. mikel is good at creating space for himself and the team while song is better at driving forward(carrying the ball forward by himself). song is also more mobile than mikel. these are my reasons for picking song over mikel. i beleive song has more of a capacity to impact the game when the going gets tough
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2010
finally u want to talk football! good. first of all mikel and song play what generally appears to be the same position but are quite different. where songs main strengths lie in winning the ball mikels main strengths lie in distributing the ball. to me songs ball winning abaility is more valuable than mikels 'coolant' effect. yes i agree with you that mikel plays a very important role in ensuring the continuity of chelseas game but defensively he is not good enough. song on the other hand is a an excellent defender with not as much of mikels distribution skills but with a little bit of it. mikel is good at creating space for himself and the team while song is better at driving forward(carrying the ball forward by himself). song is also more mobile than mikel. these are my reasons for picking song over mikel. i beleive song has more of a capacity to impact the game when the going gets tough
@kgdavid,
i think we are close to something here.
these two players are in two team in england and they have both met twice this season, the two players were both part of these meetings, what was the outcome of their meetings and what were the impacts these two plahyers on these meetings?
the last time i checked, mikel was among the names in the daverts of south africa 2010 as stars who will be on display in south along the likes of essien, drogba, messi, torres, gerald, lampard, and other world top players.
like i said earlier, song is a youngstar and we look at him for great football in future but at the moment, he is in the school of waiting. pls always remember that arsenal is a passing ground. as soon as song gets to where he is expected to, u will see suitors frpom arround the globe in the matured grounds.
i want to refer u to fabregas who is now matured enough and will soon be on his way.
pls tell me any arsenal player that u believe can break into chelsea team at the moment and refer me to who he will bench.
if mikel comes to arsenal, he will be a coach player.
chelsea has the like of di santo who is on loan to blackburn, stock on loan to fc twenty, mancienne on loan to wolves, kalkuta trying his luck in the reserves, sturridge still struggling in the reserves and i bet u, if these players are in arsenal, they will be making headlines. i am only telling u all these to u how competitive it is to be in the star studded chelsea.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 12:29am On Apr 07, 2010
well at this point it all boils down to style of play and personal opinion. there is no right or wrong here.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 5:43am On Apr 07, 2010
well at this point it all boils down to style of play and personal opinion. there is no right or wrong here.

@kgdavid,
does it mean you v come to terms that all these unhealthy comparism are of no interest to surposed soccer fans?
is it possible you have agreed with me that ppl shld learn to be proud of what they have?
finally like i said earlier on, both players have their qualities though at different classes and are doing what they know how to do best for their various clubs and countries enjoying some good rewards at the end of every week hence GOD'S blessings in them have gone beyond human destructions.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Nwogeneugo: 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
i think this guy chidichris is just being infantile, who is better mikel or song : take your pick and argue your points intelligently then shut up and listen to the next man.

song is better than mikel offensively, mikel has not taken his gameto the next level, he is great as a DM but he also is a great passer of the ball and he really knows how to pick out his team mate but he has not developed that part of his game and the modern game is all about offensive ability, the ability to score goals, compare the two of them and how many goals they have scored for their clubs and see what i am talking about. mikel has just stayed stuck where mourihno kept him, he needs to fulfil his full potential and that means his offensive abilities, shooting, heading and running forward with the ball.
he can tackle, really knows how to shield the ball between his feet and break up play but when he gets the ball he cannot start a fast counter attacking move or send in a pass from his own half on the run for his teammate (like obagoal or osaze) to finish.

he is good as a defender but needs to work on his offensive abilities.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
i think this guy chidichris is just being infantile, who is better mikel or song : take your pick and argue your points intelligently then shut up and listen to the next man.

song is better than mikel offensively, mikel has not taken his gameto the next level, he is great as a DM but he also is a great passer of the ball and he really knows how to pick out his team mate but he has not developed that part of his game and the modern game is all about offensive ability, the ability to score goals, compare the two of them and how many goals they have scored for their clubs and see what i am talking about. mikel has just stayed stuck where mourihno kept him, he needs to fulfil his full potential and that means his offensive abilities, shooting, heading and running forward with the ball.
he can tackle, really knows how to shield the ball between his feet and break up play but when he gets the ball he cannot start a fast counter attacking move or send in a pass from his own half on the run for his teammate (like obagoal or osaze) to finish.

he is good as a defender but needs to work on his offensive abilities.

@Nwogeneugo,
after reading ur post, i became confussed on either to respond or not but that not withstanding, u are like everyother nigerian coaches among the over 150 million nigerian coaches alive. like ur nigerian fellow coaches, u have succeeded in seeing beyond world class coaches who have worked and are still working with mikel.
anyways, u are enjoying ur democratic right under the rule of law and freedom of expression in particular.
from the way u introduced urself into the topic, it is very simple to know that u are communicating from onitcha head bridge. i am not surprised that u are now behaving like the goats u sale because they are ur ever close partners.
soccer is something u have to make out time to watch, read and listen to ppl before u can comment. why don't u concentrate on the goat market business that u are well informed of?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by confrenzy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2010
song is no where near mikel. song is doing well in arsenal, but if mikel happens to move to arsenal i think mikel will b prefered to song in the pecking other. a more better comparison in terms of contributions made in both teams should have been b/w febregas and mikel. song can never be a first team material in a highly rated team like chelsea, he is still a mediocre player.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
hmmm so in what ways are mikel and fabregas on the same level? these are two totally different players. its like comparing lampard and essien. where is the common ground? song is not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination and i doubt that you have watched him play this season. you make itsound as if chelseaar vastly superior to arsenal when in reality they are not.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2010
hmmm so in what ways are mikel and fabregas on the same level? these are two totally different players. its like comparing lampard and essien. where is the common ground? song is not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination and i doubt that you have watched him play this season. you make itsound as if chelseaar vastly superior to arsenal when in reality they are not.

@kgdavid,
i thought i have convienced u very well or is it the enterance of the goat trader(Nwogeneugo) that make u change ur mind again?
if chelsea is not superior to arsenal, why did chelsea beat them home and away on a 5 - 0 aggreegate this season? why is chelsea seating on top of the table with 3 points above arsenal and supperior goal difference?
how do u rate the superiority of a team? pls if possible, choose a chelsea first team and replace them in their positions with arsenal players to confirm which aspect of the team where arsenal is better.
1. peter for almuna
pls do that one after the other.
be reasonable and do not allow ur hatred, greed and envy becloud ur sense of reasoning.
do not behave like the goat trader because he is so close to goats that he can and is allowed to behave like goats.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2010
chelsea are netter the key word there is 'vastly'. they are better but not by much
roughly the eleven players and three subs both sides use for most games

cech-8
terry-8
carvalho-7
cole-8
bosingwa-7.5
mikel-7
essien-8
lampard-8
ballack-6
malouda-7.5
kalou-6.5
anelka-7.5
drogba-8.5
cole-7.5 cumulatively 105 points

almunia-6.5
gallas-7.5
vermalaen-7
clichy-8
sagnia-7
song-7.5
fabregas-8
nasri-7.5
rosicky-7
denilson-6
arshavin-8
eduardo-7
bendtner-6
diaby-6 cumulatively = 99 pts
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
oga, that is not what i asked for. i mean in their various positions on the pitch, who can bench who eg can u play clichy on 3 instead of ashley cole?
who in ur defence line will u preffer to john terry and calvaho? two defensive midfielders in place of essien and mikel? who will u play in the place of lampard? what about drogba?
if chelsea is interested on youngstars or starlets as u arsenal fans will call them, manciene, stock, di santo, kalkuta, fabirini, matic, sturidge, burma will all be robbing sholders with ur first eleven.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
you think arsenal do not have youngsters out on loan or still in the reserves?
jack wilshere
fran merida
kieran gibbs
jay simms
carlos vela etc. by the way im not an arsenal fan.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2010
you think arsenal do not have youngsters out on loan or still in the reserves?
jack wilshere
fran merida
kieran gibbs
jay simms
carlos vela etc. by the way im not an arsenal fan.

@kgdavid,
i thought as much. why are u hiding ur identity? u obviously belong to that club that we won 1-0 at home and 1-2 on their ground.
if my guess is right then, that accounts for ur hatred for the bold guy who dumped u and ur criminal coach.
have u made researches on the transfer from lyn oslo to man u? were u able to confirm that was a fraudulent one? haqve u confirmed that the director of sports - morgan anderson was jailed for one year by a norwegian court because of forgery?
if these issues are not sorted out one after the other, this argue will not get an end.
i am here serving u with facts and figures but instead of u accepting points, u have made hatred and greed ur watchword. mikel was born to rule and he is naturally placed above u and ur destiny, it is obvious there is nothing u can do about that.
have u ever take a trip to all the things u have written about a man who is making ends meet in the legal fronts.
have u ever taken a trip to the number of people who watch mikel, week in, week out? have u ever listen to football commentators call him name in admirations? how have ur name been called by anyone who knows u? what have u achieved for urself, ur family, ur community, ur state and nigeria as whole that makes u an upright person to discuss the negativities of a hero? like i have asked u in several other places, ARE BORN A FAULT FINDING MACHINE? are u a prophet of doom? why can't u see good things in ppl? are u born a saddist? good things will never come to ppl who hate good things.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by camerounG(f): 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hi kdave,
i went on a small mission i have not been on for some days now. i just came back. yeah i speak both languages it is the culture here. let me go through a few of ur posts and see whats on,
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2010
hi there. been away from this section for a while too. bienvenue by the way smiley
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidi5(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
John mikel always the best.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by wormedup(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2010
kgdavid

if mikel ever sets foot on arsenal, song will be sold. nuff said !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Atlético Madrid (1 - 1) On 21st September 2016 / Anderlecht Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.