Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (21882 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Barcelona After Arsenal's Alex Song / Alexandre Song Vs Mikel Obi: Who's A Better Player ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Mafious(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2010
King David I want to talk to you personally, you do not appear to understand that it is futile to argue with a Uneducated Igbo boy like Chidi-Chris he is very uncivilized.
A beautiful forum for discerning people to air there views has been turned to a put down bout.
As for you Chidi-Chris I think I have an idea who you are, you would be one of those guys who come to pick Mikel up at the airport you guys are related I guess.
know for he stupid thing you said about education, let me break it down for you Mikel is a stark Illiterate but you won't understand because you are not well informed yourself see anybody can fake a British accent but of what good is an accent when it is used with very poor diction.
If you want to have a go at me let me tell you a little bit about myself, search Mafious on these network and you would find me on the various aviation blog.
I went to college and also have my pilot licenses so I know what education is, Mikel is richer than me but their is one place that I can be that he would never see that is a cockpit "education would take you where money would not go" so have your priorities right and be a little civilized.
I don't have anything against Mikel and I do not gloat because he is not learned but life has dealt everyone different strokes so never ever as long as you live say one person is better than the other because he is richer please don't and as for the Mikel, Song comparisim I  choose Song simply because 5 years ago Mikel was the man but  now Song has surpassed him while our boy lives on borrowed times I love folks who take self development seriously.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by tayoast(m): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2010
Mafious:

I  choose Song simply because 5 years ago Mikel was the man but  now Song has surpassed him while our boy lives on borrowed times I love folks who take self development seriously.

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2010
King David I want to talk to you personally, you do not appear to understand that it is futile to argue with a Uneducated Igbo boy like Chidi-Chris he is very uncivilized.
A beautiful forum for discerning people to air there views has been turned to a put down bout.
As for you Chidi-Chris I think I have an idea who you are, you would be one of those guys who come to pick Mikel up at the airport you guys are related I guess.
know for he silly thing you said about education, let me break it down for you Mikel is a stark Illiterate but you won't understand because you are not well informed yourself see anybody can fake a British accent but of what good is an accent when it is used with very poor diction.
If you want to have a go at me let me tell you a little bit about myself, search Mafious on these network and you would find me on the various aviation blog.
I went to college and also have my pilot licenses so I know what education is, Mikel is richer than me but their is one place that I can be that he would never see that is a cockpit "education would take you where money would not go" so have your priorities right and be a little civilized.
I don't have anything against Mikel and I do not gloat because he is not learned but life has dealt everyone different strokes so never ever as long as you live say one person is better than the other because he is richer please don't and as for the Mikel, Song comparisim I choose Song simply because 5 years ago Mikel was the man but now Song has surpassed him while our boy lives on borrowed times I love folks who take self development seriously.

@mafious,
like u said, i am 1001% igbo so which part of nigeria are u from? who do u call education? is it piloting an aircraft? anyways, u don't sound like a pilot rather u sound like u just ran out of yaba mental rehablitation home. in case u ran out of there, be patient a little bit more because hot temper can aggreviate ur mental problem.
on the forum, there is one cameroun guy and no matter what u say, to him song or any other cameroun player is better than any person u can mention but that is not the case with wicked and envious criminal minded nigerians.
ur type is the reason nigeria records over 100 air misharps in a week. how can a troubled mind like u take ppl on a plane. if u are a sound pilot as u claim, why is mikel not thinking of having u on his pay list as he plans to buy his personal aircraft.
which pilot school did u attend and what type of aircraft do u move? are u sure u are not one of those guys that use red boards in directing the aircrafts on where to park on arrieval or are u serving rice and beans when the aircrafts are at cruuise levels.
mikel is not good yet we are comparing him with good players so who among quality pilots can we compare u with?
if u are not a militant or a kidnapper then u must be operating on ibadan - benin expressways at nights.
for real, u did not sound like a pilot rather u sounded like a thief. remember i did not call u one rather i am only been curious here.
ur type cannot say how many players make a team of football.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2010
Mikel grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by tayoast(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2010
^wat abt him?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by tkb417(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2010
Very close

Both are good. Ill go with Song cos he gets a couple of goals.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
tayo_ast:

^wat abt him?

Yes he might be the best material we have in our national team!
But man, Mikel's a d4mn average player! I don't understand what
all the hype is about?

During and after the WYC, he was being competitive with Messi! They
were the in thing! Clubs were fighting over him! Today he's being compared
with Song! Next year, maybe he's going to be compared with Danny Shittu!

For me, I don't class that as progress!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by tayoast(m): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
baslone:

Yes he might be the best material we have in our national team!
But man, Mikel's a d4mn average player! I don't understand what
all the hype is  about?

During and after the WYC, he was being competitive with Messi! They
were the in thing! Clubs were fighting over him! Today he's being compared
with Song! Next year, maybe he's going to be compared with Danny Shittu!

For me, I don't class that as progress!

hype?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Samunosuke(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
Mikel is a very average player.
PROS.
Good passing
Strength on the ball
Disciplined in what he does

CONS.
Lacks speed
Inability to drive forward
Inability to score
Lack of skill

His aerial ability is average (bordering on poor factoring his height)

I'm not directly comparing both coz they swap some attributes.They have their strengths but i personally believe Song edges it due to his importance to his team.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2010
well, because nigeria is operating democracy, majority will surely carry the day. majority of nigerians believe song is better than mikel and we have all agreed to that.
having said that, i wld want to put it this way, song is better than every nigerian player at the moment since he is better than our best
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by clerc(m): 3:36am On Nov 29, 2010
For me i do not see the reason why we are comparing the two cos they have different role to play, Mikel screen the defence for lampard essien and co. while Song has licence to go forward, but all the same i would still choose song cos of his attacking instinct, most of the DM have attacking instinct, safe a few and Mikel is not in their league

Most mordern DM have attacking instinct mikel shld wake up
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by segunhot: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2011
in my opinion I think I will go for Mikel, I just want Mikel to start playing his attacking position, it may not come back to him easily but it is possible.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2011
song! song!! song!!! as long as nigerians are concerned, mikel does not know how to play.
mikel has played under world class coaches like mourinho, scolari, hiddink, grant and ancelloti while ferguson wanted to die chasing mikel but apart from the stingy wenger, which other coach has considered song to be a quality player?
apart from backward minded nigerians on nairaland, who else has seen song as better than mikel?
mikel has won two fa cup and a primier league cup including community shield while song is about winning his first carling cup.
mikel is earning 80k in pounds while song is earning 30k. unfortunately, all arsenal players are very good but i wonder how many of them can get a first team play outside arsenal.
nigerians are backward ppl, thinking like goats and we can see that reflecting on our society.
these same ppl will come out tomorrow to blame a player for not been patrotic. are u patrotic in saying negative things about ur own?
i like mikel and the most improtant thing abt mikel is that he no send any idiot.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2011
1025:

song! song!! song!!! as long as nigerians are concerned, mikel does not know how to play.
[b]mikel has played under world class coaches like mourinho, scolari, hiddink, grant and ancelloti [/b]while ferguson wanted to die chasing mikel but apart from the stingy wenger, which other coach has considered song to be a quality player?

All these world class coaches were in charge of just one club-CHELSEA. The coaches
kept changing because the team which includes Mikel were not getting the relevant results.
Period!!

Ferguson wanted to buy him when he was a better player years back. As at this morning in
coming reports, Mikel is one of the five players Chesea wants to offload after the season.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
I am a chelsea fan but please dnt compare mikel to alex, they aint in d same class.
IN A NUTSHELL, ALEX IS A BETTER PLAYER.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2011
All these world class coaches were in charge of just one club-CHELSEA. The coaches
kept changing because the team which includes Mikel were not getting the relevant results.
Period!!

@baslone,
are u saying players were not leaving the club under these changes? or are u saying arsenal was not changing their coach because they were getting the result they wanted?

I am a chelsea fan but please dnt compare mikel to alex, they aint in d same class.
IN A NUTSHELL, ALEX IS A BETTER PLAYER.
@Kamardiran,
what u have committed with the statement above is called impersonation. this is the act of claiming who u are not and if i must remind u, it is a criminal offence and u can be charged under the criminal code of 419 and this can lead u to life imprisonment especially when it comes to a very influential personality and club like roman and chelsea.
with your name(id) one can easily know where u belong - the osama kindom. anyways, with the situation in nigeria today, i am not surprised to see u arroud here but be reminded that nigeria has ent out as many policemen as u can imagine on bomb training so suicide bombers may not find it funny here. in the spirit of humanity, i will recommend iraqi or afghanistan for u as you will get more costumers and recognition there.

what has song or your alex to show for his greatness in football? when has a suicide bomber become fifa that rates players? apart from criminal activities, what can a nigerian discuss well outside even our own amos adamu cld not contribute anything good to the football world apart from our usual - thief and thiefing.

kamardiran, if you have any intention os exploding any bomb anytime soon, i prophesy; your bomb will never explode in public unless u are alone.
chelsea does not manage players. if you are not good, they will dispose u without fear or favour. it is only in arsenal that you can see players like sylvester and nursery school boys who are on day care services.
chelsea is for men who can compete. didn't u see how we dashed arsenal gallas and he ended up as their captain so if our captain goes there, he will end up as the coach. simple reasoning. do u know of any bad player in chelsea when we spend 50 million on just a player?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
I modified my post!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 1:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ferguson wanted to buy him when he was a better player years back. As at this morning in
coming reports, Mikel is one of the five players Chesea wants to offload after the season.

@baslone,
we have been hearing this kind of news even before he signed chelsea. when he signed, ppl like u told us that with the type of players in chelsea, mikel will die on the bench. when essien was injured, we heard ur type told us that mikel is playing bcs essien is not available and that he will go back to the dressing room as soon as essien is ready. when ramiez came, envious and uninformed nigerians told us here that mikel is finished. uncle in all these, we are yet seen any come to pass yet as enemies of progress that most of u are and prophets of doom, u don't get tired. were u not on nairaland when mikel last yr was rated as the highest passer of the ball in epl? nigerians and nairalanders did not accept that.
if mikel cld finish 3 yrs contract and get another improved 5 yrs, will it be wrong for them to offload him now? what if the one who brought him to chelsea still want him? will chelsea offloading mikel bring him down to ur size? put on ur candle and be praying to that ur poor god that mikel be offloaded come this summer.
what if ferguson still want him? do u know what it means to have God's favour? can u as a man course someone God has blessed?
as long as u wait for mikel's downfall, u might end up waiting forever.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
1025:

@baslone,
we have been hearing this kind of news even before he signed chelsea. when he signed, ppl like u [/b]told us that with the type of players in chelsea, mikel will die on the bench. when essien was injured, we heard your type told us that mikel is playing bcs essien is not available and that he will go back to the dressing room as soon as essien is ready. when ramiez came, [b]envious and uninformed nigerians told us here that mikel is finished. uncle in all these, we are yet seen any come to pass yet[b] as enemies of progress that most of u are and prophets of doom,[/b] u don't get tired. were u not on nairaland when mikel last yr was rated as the highest passer of the ball in epl? nigerians and nairalanders did not accept that.
if mikel cld finish 3 yrs contract and get another improved 5 yrs, will it be wrong for them to offload him now? what if the one who brought him to chelsea still want him? will chelsea offloading mikel bring him down to your size?[b] put on your candle and be praying to that your poor god [/b]that mikel be offloaded come this summer.
what if ferguson still want him? do u know what it means to have God's favour? can u as a man course someone God has blessed?
[b]as long as u wait for mikel's downfal[/b]l, u might end up waiting forever.

Guy, guy, cool down. . . . why you sounding so aggressive? I thought we were exchanging ideas! Wassup man
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by MeGaStReEt: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
@1025

bros abeg cool down, them think say na childs play to dey play for Chelsea week in week out
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
Guy, guy, cool down. . . . why you sounding so aggressive? I thought we were exchanging ideas! Wassup man

@baslone,
i just read ur poor newsof a possible offload of five players from chelsea in summer if, the most interesting thing unger the news with goal.com is that all the contributors who are not nigerians were against the idea of selling mikel.
mikel if a super star to outsiders and it is only nigerians that will tell you that mikel does not know how to play.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 10:11am On Feb 05, 2011
The purchase of Torres is a good deal for chelsea but I believe the problem is not the attack. Personally I
agree why sell him off when the mid-field the problem is the genesis of the problems. He's still good enough
to improve but nonetheless, since they are against the idea let the goal.com contributors go ahead and pay
his wages.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2011
The purchase of Torres is a good deal for chelsea but I believe the problem is not the attack. Personally I
agree why sell him off when the mid-field the problem is the genesis of the problems. He's still good enough
to improve but nonetheless, since they are against the idea let the goal.com contributors go ahead and pay
his wages.

@baslone,
what if mikel retires from football today? the bull upon all his popularities, has just an fa cup to show for it. okocha in all his qualities has not trophy at club levels to show for it what more a man who has all the trophies in england to show for his poor football?
mikel apart from 80k per week, is always there on various endorsements so i think he is rich at the moment.
wether they offload or overload mikel, his life can never be like 99.9999999999999% of nairalanders.
be reminded that mikel speaks english like a briton so when they offload him, he can join the supersports soccer analyst to be feeding himself.
uncle, mikel has done very well for himself.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin

I can see you just another typical die hard Chelsea fan. Thats cool though.

By the way, I heard you guys are heading to court after your loss to
Liverpool last night. They sold you Torres without a user manual!! smiley
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by amurx(m): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2011
Song 2 who? Mikel!! No dat cant b song is far beta
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 2:34am On Feb 17, 2011
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can see you just another typical die hard Chelsea fan. Thats cool though.

By the way, I heard you guys are heading to court after your loss to
Liverpool last night. They sold you Torres without a user manual!!

@uncle,
thanks for digressing. u have nothing to say apart from declaration of ur envy. most nigerians will tell u mikel pas ball backward, sideways and short passes yet non will tell u how many long passes xavi can give in a season.
mikel is not good yet he is enjoying good pay from chelsea. what can nigerians do abt that?
most of u who rejoiced when it was announced that mikel was not playing in world cup, ended up in shame after the world cup. where is the cup we went for?
the ways of God is different from that of man. many players who can play very well cannot play in chelsea but mikel that does not know how to play is playing in chelsea.
what a wonderful world?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 10:59am On Feb 17, 2011
I don't understand, are you saying Nigeria would have won the world cup if Mikel was present?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand, are you saying Nigeria would have won the world cup if Mikel was present?

@baslone,
stop disturbing urself as no one is expecting u to understand. if u have refused to understand that playing in chelsea is not very easy and been in the first 11 of such a big team is not moi moi.
if u insist on understanding, i think all i need to do is to use a knife and divide your head into two and the force it on your brain.
mikel as an individual has awarded the best passer of the ball in the same league where song is playing. in the last season, mikel came out winning the doubles while song won nothing. what is the basis for rating a player by brainless nigerians?
oga pls don't understand as that may be u nature.

am sorry, i forgot to inform you that samsung says mikel's other name is RELIABLE and mr. reliable is at work as i type this now.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 9:38am On Feb 20, 2011
I wonder why you keep saying a "big team like Chelsea". I guess only
you understand your criteria for rating them. I hope you know Chelsea still
remains the 7th most successful club in England after the likes of Sunderland
and Aston Villa.

Presently, they are out of the F.A, Carling and ain't contenders for the EPL. Plus
you and I know they can never win the CL this season.

Bad enough, it's going to need another miracle to qualify for next season's CL which
makes them no different from the likes of the Boltons and Wigans. That is where they
have always belonged before the Morinho era. The truth is bitter but you have to swallow
it like that.

Back to the main topic of the thread. Castrol ranking does the rating of world players week in week
out. John Obi Mikel dropped from 183 best player in the world to 188 while Alex Song rose from
117 to 98. I don't know if that is an improvement for our own Mikel. If you want to keep deceiving
yourself, well the internet will not deceive others.

I'm out of this discussion
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by codeb(m): 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2011
@Basione,

get ur head examine, if Chelsea is not a big team then i wonder why chelsea is being seeded in every champions league season.
Agreed we are out of Fa,Carling and EPL this season, what happened last season?what did your team win? maybe carling cup if your team is manu or trophyless if your team is assenal.

So get a life and leave us alone.

Chelsea for life.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
I wonder why you keep saying a "big team like Chelsea". I guess only
you understand your criteria for rating them. I hope you know Chelsea still
remains the 7th most successful club in England after the likes of Sunderland
and Aston Villa.

Presently, they are out of the F.A, Carling and ain't contenders for the EPL. Plus
you and I know they can never win the CL this season.

Bad enough, it's going to need another miracle to qualify for next season's CL  which
makes them no different from the likes of the Boltons and Wigans. That is where they
have always belonged before the Morinho era. The truth is bitter but you have to swallow
it like that.

Back to the main topic of the thread. Castrol ranking does the rating of world players week in week
out. John Obi Mikel dropped from 183 best player in the world to 188 while Alex Song rose from
117 to 98. I don't know if that is an improvement for our own Mikel. If you want to keep deceiving
yourself, well the internet will not deceive others.

I'm out of this discussion

@baslone,
u need not just getting out of here but moving straight into a mental rehablitation home because what u are suffering from is called BRAIN FAILURE.
how many players do u have in england alone? how many are in the world that mikel is seen arround 188. give a nigerian this rating, only in nigeria, mikel will not be among the best 500 talkless of africa and the world.
if this rating according to u was done weekly, tell us abt the other weeks and not just one or two weeks because no player rises when he is out injured. if u are not decieving urself, why have u not mentioned this rating since this arguement started until mikel gets injured and was out of play?
wether mikel is playing for a small club or not, the good news is that he has done well for himself of which no one in your lineage has done better.
as wicked as u are, u can only see when mikel drop and u were blind throughout last season when he was the toast of everyone in english league.prophet of doom. do u see mikel in that samsung advert? he is called reliable.

liverpool did not play in the champions league last season, does it make them small club? sunderland and aston villa that u mentioned above have not been playing in the champions league since u were born, yet u recognise them as bigger clubs than chelsea so don't u think u are not thinking right?
my problem with anti progressives like u is that u talk from different parts of ur body and u definitely will make more sense keeping quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2017 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) Live / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.