Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (21885 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Barcelona After Arsenal's Alex Song / Alexandre Song Vs Mikel Obi: Who's A Better Player ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2011
forget trophies and money because these are not reliable indices for quality.
gento,resenbrink,giggs and oleg blokhin never won d world cup those dat mean dt bernard diomede
who did win d world cup was a better left winger than those legends?
beckham is the richest footballer in the world is he a better footballer than players like nedved,figo,
zidane?
the truth is song is MUCH BETTER than mikel!
FACT;if chelsea buys song in january he will take mikel's shirt,romeu will go to the bench and mikel will become a squad player
FACT;if arsenal buys mikel in january he will share bench duties with dt frimpong boy n coquelin UNTIL wilshere is fit and
then he just myt become a squad player still
CONCLUSION:mikel is squad player material in a world class team while song is simply WORLD CLASS
i humbly submit
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2011

if i raise a goat that will think the way the author of the above line does, i will have no choice than to disown the goat. a normal person in the 21 century thought this and had the guts to write this on nairaland. i regret the day i join such criminal thinking. how can an african man, american, australian, asian left his country to another just to pass the ball around the pitch without thinking about what he stands to gain at the end of the day? could it mean, there is no football in their various countries or could it be a pitch problem?
trophy wise, ronaldo was doing well at man u, yet he left for madrid. eto has done well in barca and inter but a transaction take him down to russia. our own okocha made it to qatar. gyan of ghana is now in uae. ronney of all ppl threatened to leave man u before they increased his money.
when city or chelsea buys a player, it becomes waste of money but when arsenal sales high, they post profits. arsenal fans will refuse to talk trophy and discuss profit yet they don't believe football is about money.
God pls give me the money wey u give the owners of chelsea and man city and then let me spend foolishly like them. i have watched arsenal since 2004 when they shot themselves in the leg by selling veira and since then, it has always been a one season performance for every player in the club.
former arsenal players are commenting on the system in the club and ray parlour has this to say;

Ray Parlour has urged the Arsenal board to break their strict wage structure in a bid to keep Robin Van Persie at the club.
Van Persie has just 18 months remaining on his current deal, with reports suggesting that Premier League rivals Manchester City are preparing a bumper £41.6m deal to tempt the Dutch international up north.
City have previously recruited Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri from Arsenal as they bid to become a major player in world football.

I just hope he stays and if it takes £130,000 or £140,000 a week then Arsenal have really got to think about giving it to him because he is such an important player for the future.

Ray Parlour
But former Gunners star Parlour has told talkSPORT that it would be disastrous for Arsenal to lose another key player, especially one as influential as van Persie.
“Thierry Henry was on big money before he went, so they can do it, but it is all about the American backers," Parlour said. "Are they going to say we can do this or are they going to stick to the strict wage structure which every single player is happy with and we are not going to break that.
“I think they have to. He is such an important player for them and he’s an Arsenal boy through and through.
“I just hope he stays and if it takes £130,000 or £140,000 a week then Arsenal have really got to think about giving it to him because he is such an important player for the future.
“He’s helping the youngsters as well, the likes of Aaron Ramsey or Jack Wilshere coming through and he has been a brilliant skipper. He has got the dressing room exactly how it should be and that is important.”

this is not me speaking or talking rather a ray parlour. the arsenal most fans are following today was the arsenal of ray parlour, viera, tony adams, henry, kanu, bergkamp. campbell and not the arsenal of song and his group.
my fear is that arsenal fans are turning into terrorist groups because all they players that left their club have turned into judas or pilat. it is a shame that u want players even for free from other clubs but when players want to move, it becomes a problem.
nasri was the toast of every arsenal fans last season but now, he is judas. van persie is doing well to get the interests of bigger clubs and so also i pray for song that he do enough to attract the interest of bigger teams so that he can enjoy what mikel is enjoying.
if anyone is deceiving himself with mikel on the bench, i would want that one to look at who and who that sits on the bench in barca and madrid. man city has a second 11 that be make first team in other clubs. josh of chelsea, gael kalukuta, lakuku,kalou ferraira, anelka and other players sitting on bench at chelsea will play for arsenal first team with or without training that is if these players will come for free to arsenal because they are not affordable.
in every team, players no matter how good everyone is, somebody must be on the bench.
chamahk was the hit man of borduex and won the ligue 1 highest goal scorer before coming to arsenal but most times, i see him sleeping instead of sitting on the bench.
today, fabregas has won his second trophy in his less than 4 months in barca while some very good players have nothing to show for their goodness in arsenal in 7 years.

mikel is the man.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2011
LOL

dis 1025 is an obvious idiot, he just rants n raves all over d place like a goat in labour cheesy
is d argument abt okocha,qatar,etoo or wat? r u an escaped psychiatric patient?
u reveal ur lack of football knowledge by this fixation on okocha,etoo e.t.c
ur logic is lopsided,ur grammar is atrocious n ur brain cells r obviously full of kunu grin
i am sure u r a failed brain transplant patient, go find d neurosurgeon collect ur money back,bloody wally!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2011
d truth remains dt song would play ahead of mikel if he was in chelsea
d argument is not which player is d richest or which player is d most decorated
but who is d BETTER player, i guess dts too much turenchi for cumbrains like 1025
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2011
LOL

dis 1025 is an obvious , he just rants n raves all over d place like a goat in labour
is d argument abt okocha,qatar,etoo or wat? r u an escaped psychiatric patient?
u reveal your lack of football knowledge by this fixation on okocha,etoo e.t.c
your logic is lopsided,your grammar is atrocious n your brain cells r obviously full of kunu
i am sure u r a failed brain transplant patient, go find d neurosurgeon collect your money back,bloody wally!

d truth remains dt song would play ahead of mikel if he was in chelsea
d argument is not which player is d richest or which player is d most decorated
but who is d BETTER player, i guess dts too much turenchi for cumbrains like 1025

@ afrodoc,
in my history on this forum, i have never been this patient with insults. i have been banned many times for replying insults with insults but on this one, i have been expecting the moderators to see things themselves and act accordingly. we can't be mates. is either u are older than me or i am older than u. there is also every possibility that u are my daughter mate and because u are insulting me here, u are going against the law which says that no one shld insult person mama or papa. what i am saying is, u are insulting person papa and one this is sure here, which is, neither u nor the moderators will be happy if i insult ur papa so let this be the last time u will insult me.
i am here to enjoy myself and that i will do not even looking at you or how u feel about my level of reasoning.

@topic,
every rich club in the world buys the best of players which makes football a function of money.
no good coach stays with small club and in the same manner, no good player plays in a small club for a long time. van persie is hot and we all will see how other clubs will do their bests to price him away from arsenal or on the alternative, arsenal will break their rigid salary policy and pay him what they are not used to paying before now. at the end of the day, all we are talking about is money. chelsea had to wait for not only 50 years but for a money bag to land before they started thinking about great players, great coach and trophy. arsenal used to parade the best of legs in england and the trophies and records were there. but when the policy changed from trophies to money, we saw them lost their records, trophies and big players. whether we like it or not, not bench warmer in arsenal will interest chelsea but we have watched and seen arsenal look towards chelsea for players who are excess to the team plan. we saw diarra and most recently is benayoun. my prayer is that song will become the big player we are all wishing him here and teams with bigger plans will come for him.
toure did well in arsenal and man city came, adebayor and nasri also did well and man city came, ashley cole did well and chelsea came, fabregas did well and barca came, van persie is doing well, madrid or someone will surely come because he has 18 months and is not signing a new contract so one thing will happen. if song play well, his next destination will be, madrid, barca, chelsea, man u, man city but if at the end of the day, aston villa or west ham come calling , i am sorry.
most players say they are not playing for money but if that is true, then they are playing for trophies but if money and trophy are not involved, then football is a joke. mikel is achieving two things at the same time and that is a great plus as far as football is concerned - money and trophies.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2011
afrodoc:

gento,resenbrink,giggs and oleg blokhin never won d world cup those dat mean dt bernard diomede
who did win d world cup was a better left winger than those legends?
beckham is the richest footballer in the world is he a better footballer than players like nedved,figo,
zidane?
the truth is song is MUCH BETTER than mikel!
FACT;if chelsea buys song in january he will take mikel's shirt,romeu will go to the bench and mikel will become a squad player
FACT;if arsenal buys mikel in january he will share bench duties with dt frimpong boy n coquelin UNTIL wilshere is fit and
then he just myt become a squad player still
CONCLUSION:mikel is squad player material in a world class team while song is simply WORLD CLASS
i humbly submit

i disagree with this conclusion. i think the difference lies in the way both teams set up.
if mikel joins arsenal, arsene wenger would give him the freedom to roam and support the attack just like he instructs all his team members.
for example, see vermaelen last night playing like an attacking midfielder. ferguson would never play vidic/rio in that position. should we then conclude vermaelen is better than vidic/rio?

a defensive midfielder should not be laboured with going forward/ creating assists and scoring goals. if he can add that to his skills, it's a bonus but it's not a requirement. his primary role is to screen the back four and help his defence. in the premier league, mikel is one of the best players in that role. i will have carrick, lucas and maybe tiote in that role as well. the argument is redundant. it's like comparing de jong with modric.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2011
i disagree with this conclusion. i think the difference lies in the way both teams set up.
if mikel joins arsenal, arsene wenger would give him the freedom to roam and support the attack just like he instructs all his team members.
for example, see vermaelen last night playing like an attacking midfielder. ferguson would never play vidic/rio in that position. should we then conclude vermaelen is better than vidic/rio?

a defensive midfielder should not be laboured with going forward/ creating assists and scoring goals. if he can add that to his skills, it's a bonus but it's not a requirement. his primary role is to screen the back four and help his defence. in the premier league, mikel is one of the best players in that role. i will have carrick, lucas and maybe tiote in that role as well. the argument is redundant. it's like comparing de jong with modric.

@coogar,
it does not make sense, flogging a dead horse. many nigerians have made up their minds(mostly out of greed and wickedness) that nothing good can come out of mikel. otherwise, we were nigerians when FA honoured mikel as the best passer of the ball in epl? only nigerians will tell u he makes back passes and side passes. only nigerians will see what mourinho, hiddink, grant, ancelloti and AVB did not see. do u think if nigerians are working in the english fa, mikel will win that.
by the way, getting such recommendation from fa which was based on facts and figures, was an individual honour and winning the doubles was a team honour. earning so much money was a financial honour so apart from nairaland honours for song, which other responsible or credible authority has recognised song in his perfect games or could it be that mikel is using juju or has bribed all the names mentioned above?
if one wants to look at our senses of reasoning as nigerians, look at out economy and look at our football.
mikel has done well for himself and chelsea. fighting to avoid relegation,struggling to be in the big four and fighting for trophies are all different targets for different teams and fans here know who is in which category.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2011
Even Makalele knows Football has changed. !!!

Carrick is making assist and even scored a goal yesterday!

Old trafford went wild!!!  grin

@1025, If you need to analyse a player"s form- Talk about what

is happening on the pitch at present. Please stop talking about finances and history!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2011
baslone:

Old trafford went wild!!!  grin

that was carrick's first league goal in the last 3 seasons. . . .helped by the fact that he had phil jones behind to cover for him.
you said makelele knows football has changed?

what about sergio busquets? is alex song better than busquets?
is alonso better than busquets?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2011

Old trafford went wild!!!

@1025, If you need to analyse a player"s form- Talk about what

is happening on the pitch at present. Please stop talking about finances and history!

@baslone,
what is daniel amokachi remembered for today? look at his name whenever he is working as a football analyst with dstv. it is writen, the winner of fa cup with everton. most of our old men will tell u, during my time, i was this and that. na me dey befopre mandela and na me made azikiwe ill be what he was. shagari for no win election if not for me.
players like kanu nwankwo will not talk too much rather he will let his medals speak for him. okocha will let his money speak for him while etim esin will talk and argue to convience those who did not watch him play to believe that he was better than any other player nigeria has seen.
song is yet to raise anything in the name of trophy yet nigerians are celebrating him like pele and maradonna of our time. what will ever happen if he wins double like mikel.
SONG IS LIKE A SOLDIER WITHOUT RANK SO WHAT IS HIS HAPPINESS. GREAT PLAYERS MUST HAVE THINGS TO POINT TO AT THE END OF THEIR CARRIERS.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2011
@coogar, with the kind of football barca plays, he won't finish the season without- worst an assist.

@1025!!!!  cry  cry  cry

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
baslone:

@coogar, with the kind of football barca plays, he won't finish the season without- worst an assist.

he might not get an assist this season. busquets is basically a centre-back. he sits in front of his centre-halves.
i think i should refer you guys to zonal marking and see how michael cox discussed this extensively.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/30/central-midfield-role/

by the time you finish reading that, your perspective would be enlarged!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
@coogar,
some argue to learn while many argue out of greed. many nigerians are wicked and that is why u see nigeria has refused to grow. they hate their own even in progress.
vincent eyeama scores more than ike casilas, petr cech, van dar sal, valdes and a host of other good and world class goalkeepers, DOES THAT MAKE HIM BETTER THAN THEM?
football is a departmental business where each man is expected to bring in perfection to his work.
i have watched chelsea team run to celebrate mikel when drogba or another player scored and the reason these nigerians can't tell.
if you like, bring all the write ups in this world, these evil men will never see any point in them.
in chelsea since 2004, many players have been bought and sold. if mikel could stay in chelsea since 2006 then there is something very very important about him.
he has more trophies and a fatter salary than song and he has individual award than song.
if players are not paid according to their relevance to the team, why is song not earning more than messi and ronaldo? where was song when nigerians were complaining that fifa rigged the 2005 award in favour of messi instead of mikel?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2011
@coogar,
i can now understand while they say, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. if you did not use the power of your knowledge on these rascals here, i for still dey here dey exchange words with them.
you have sent them back to the drawing board and this topic will experience peace at least for few days before they come back with their noise making.
at least, before they will finish that write up, some of them will go deaf and dumb.
may God continue to bless u in ur efforts to give honour to whom honour is due. because you appreciate the good works of God in the lives of others, you will receive the good things of life.
God bless your muscles.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2011
1025:

@coogar,
i can now understand while they say, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. if you did not use the power of your knowledge on these rascals here, i for still dey here dey exchange words with them.
you have sent them back to the drawing board and this topic will experience peace at least for few days before they come back with their noise making.
at least, before they will finish that write up, some of them will go deaf and dumb.
may God continue to bless u in your efforts to give honour to whom honour is due. because you appreciate the good works of God in the lives of others, you will receive the good things of life.
God bless your muscles.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/02/08/when-will-john-obi-mikel-get-the-credit-he-deserves/
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2011
wow, see levels. these non-nigerians writing. there is real war in the camp of our enemies. where are they? see research. the enemies of mikel have been scattered by fire. sure they gathered but my Lord sent them destruction in the name of coogar.
the words of wisdom have made them deaf and dumb.
even that woman that is from ibadan that is supposed to be praying against flood, na she dey show herself. where are u all. una no dey talk again? please if any of u has anything to say, let that one speak out now or forever remain silent.
finally, make sure you read those write ups before you comment or,
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2011
LOL
look who is talking abt insulting someone's papa? go back and check who first insulted d other,
and why r u still continuing with this your puerile if not asinine arguments? wetin concern amokachi,enyeama and d greed of africans with dis argument?
i tire for u o, u must b a slow learner! u see as coogar no tasi ur statements? he listed his points(though i disagree with them) but u r just meandering ignorantly
p.s u r talking like one of d acolytes of rev king,talkin abt God scattering d enemies of Mikel, lol u must b rily simple.FYI i was busy working(must b an alien concept to u) dts y i didnt post earlier
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 1:26am On Dec 21, 2011
@coogar
mikel in arsenal will never take song's shirt cos he doesnt have d qualities.even if wenger tells mikel to roam,travel or even migrate he doesnt have it in him!
he doesnt have song's pace,acceleration,athleticism or ability to run with d ball, its not just abt wenger instructing d player to roam or stay,d player must hv d qualities to accomplish d task.
when hv u ever seen mikel rily "roam" as u call it? he has not successfully roamed for nigeria even when he had kaita or etuhu or ayila playing behind him
at WYC 2005 wt he did well was to hold d ball n send heat seeking passes to owoeri on d left and abwo to the right respectively, he seldom ventured forward or ran with the ball.
infact d only time u can say he played dis roaming pacy style was in finland 2003! as he got older,he got bigger n slower and he is now as statuesque as jupiter's cock, hence where he is now sharing face time wit an upstart like romeu.
dont get me wrong o,i was a mikel fan but when i see wt david silva,fabregas,messi,aguero and others from dt competition hv done with their careers it seems to me dt mikel has already peaked and is on his way down.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by allboyz(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2011
the thread should be closed. . . . Even Moruinho, SAF, AVB and clueless Sam alladyce can NOT compare Denilson with Mikel let alone the BEAST - SONG!!

even Cheik Tiote No be Mikel mate!!

Seun should ban the thread!!! its insulting. . . i dey vex sef
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
allboyz:

the thread should be closed. . . . Even Moruinho, SAF, AVB and clueless Sam alladyce can NOT compare Denilson with Mikel let alone the BEAST - SONG!!

even Cheik Tiote No be Mikel mate!!

Seun should ban the thread!!! its insulting. . . i dey vex sef

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
afrodoc:

@coogar
mikel in arsenal will never take song's shirt cos he doesnt have d qualities.even if wenger tells mikel to roam,travel or even migrate he doesnt have it in him!

i refuse to believe what you spewed above. as at 2005, mikel obi was a cesc fabregas. had nigeria won that wyc competition, mikel would have been the best player of that tournament playing as a creative midfielder. you mean all those skills disappeared overnight? mikel obi played in the nations cup tournament that followed that competition and he wasn't bad at all. i think he got 2 goal assists or something.
chelsea ruined mikel obi.

he doesnt have song's pace,acceleration,athleticism or ability to run with d ball, its not just abt wenger instructing d player to roam or stay,d player must hv d qualities to accomplish d task.

of course, he does.
he plays as instructed. chelsea were looking for the new claude makelele and since mikel would not displace ballack, lampard, essien, etc in the creative positions, he had to settle as a water-carrier for a star-studded chelsea squad. going to chelsea was a wrong career move but i don't blame mikel, his agent or his dad. he's nigerian after all and money speaketh!

when hv u ever seen mikel rily "roam" as u call it? he has not successfully roamed for nigeria even when he had kaita or etuhu or ayila playing behind him
at WYC 2005 wt he did well was to hold d ball n send heat seeking passes to owoeri on d left and abwo to the right respectively, he seldom ventured forward or ran with the ball.

does paul scholes run with the ball? have you ever seen scholes running with the ball. it's all about precision passes.
can zidane run with the ball? abeg- you are beginning to shift positions - the crux of the matter is simple. mikel obi started as an attacking midfielder playing behind strikers. he was only second to lionel messi in that tournament. pundits couldn't separate the 2 of them until that final when messi scored from 2 cheap penalty decisions.

infact d only time u can say he played dis roaming pacy style was in finland 2003! as he got older,he got bigger n slower and he is now as statuesque as jupiter's rooster, hence where he is now sharing face time wit an upstart like romeu.
dont get me wrong o,i was a mikel fan but when i see wt david silva,fabregas,messi,aguero and others from dt competition hv done with their careers it seems to me dt mikel has already peaked and is on his way down.

it's the way his manager wants him to play. when would people get this simple fact in their skullz?
how many times did mikel obi play when chelsea won their last league title in 2010? have you ever heard his manager talking about his insipid football or slow pace?

carrick scored a goal for man utd over the weekend. . . . .sir alex ferguson said this about him. . .

Carrick is supposed to sit in the middle of the pitch, I maybe have to fine him for not playing to instruction.

so when people compare alex song who wenger has given the license to vacate his position and join the attack to carrick/mikel(who have been instructed to sit) then the argument becomes redundant. we can as well compare makelele to iniesta!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
am not shifting positions,i mentioned mikel's inability to run with d ball(or even run at all,fast anyway) cos u said if he was in arsenal he will slot in and will b roaming d way Song does just because wenger tells him to, i am nt comparing him to scholes or zidane
d point is mikel has no pace WITH or WITHOUT d ball so he can not start "roaming" JUST COS Wenger tells him to(i am sure Fergie has begged Valencia to use his left peg for more than walking several tyms but it is not in d poor boy's arsenal)=u cant give wat u dont have!
Mikel was once a very good player but years of misuse by Chelsea as a result of his career mistake in joinin Chelsea have robbed him of most of his qualities.pls i am not judging the Mikel of 2005 o,i am judging the Mikel of 2010-2011.I agree dt 6 years ago Mikel was better than Fabregas and dt Messi won d golden ball cos d Argies won nd cos of his goals against not only Naija but Brazil n Spain BUT dt Mikel has bin destroyed by Mourinho n his successors!
and pls dont tell me Mikel has Song's pace cos we both know he doesnt, and d fact dt a player gets playing tym does nt mean he is good,Fergie kept playing oshea nd now he plays evans AND chelsea still have ferreira on their books.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
am not shifting positions,i mentioned mikel's inability to run with d ball(or even run at all,fast anyway) cos u said if he was in arsenal he will slot in and will b roaming d way Song does just because wenger tells him to, i am nt comparing him to scholes or zidane
d point is mikel has no pace WITH or WITHOUT d ball so he can not start "roaming" JUST COS Wenger tells him to(i am sure Fergie has begged Valencia to use his left peg for more than walking several tyms but it is not in d poor boy's arsenal)=u cant give wat u dont have!
Mikel was once a very good player but years of misuse by Chelsea as a result of his career mistake in joinin Chelsea have robbed him of most of his qualities.pls i am not judging the Mikel of 2005 o,i am judging the Mikel of 2010-2011.I agree dt 6 years ago Mikel was better than Fabregas and dt Messi won d golden ball cos d Argies won nd cos of his goals against not only Naija but Brazil n Spain BUT dt Mikel has bin destroyed by Mourinho n his successors!
and pls dont tell me Mikel has Song's pace cos we both know he doesnt, and d fact dt a player gets playing tym does nt mean he is good,Fergie kept playing oshea nd now he plays evans AND chelsea still have ferreira on their books.

@afrodoc,
did u read all the articles posted by coogar before coming back to vomit the ignorance from generational courses. where were u in 2006 when mikel was introduced by eguavon and he immediately gave one assist and scored one himself. are u aware he was named man of the match by caf though eguavon said he did not merit it.
is chelsea a wrong team to play in? how many african players are in man u and why do u think mikel will prosper in man u? are u aware that the lyn oslo direstor of sport (morgan Anderson) who fraudulently sold mikel to man u was later jailed over that matter?
what about your own carrier? are u doing better than mikel? what makes u a good judge over someone else's case.
mikel as an individual has done well for himself, his family, community, state, nigeria, africa and the football world as a whole.
u shld be praying that God will lift you as he has done to mikel instead of deceiving urself in the name of arguement.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by afrodoc(m): 12:17am On Dec 22, 2011
LOL
1025 if u werent such a profound dunderhead ur posts would be hilarious, u r obviously an out to lunch so i will leave u to wallow in ur fatuous thoughts
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 7:00am On Dec 22, 2011
LOL
1025 if u werent such a profound dunderhead your posts would be hilarious, u r obviously an out to lunch so i will leave u to wallow in your fatuous thoughts

@afrodoc,
you are turning into a round peg in a square hole. what we are talking here is football/soccer. we are talking about the round leather game and not profound dunderhead hilarious wallow fatous jangastic abalsitic adendum impetus. pls reserve these words for senate arguements or you can even challange wole soyinka and prof. chinue achebe because here we are interested in men who can discuss the topic with facts and figures and make refrences to sound articles.
having said that, i suggest u dismantle ur grammatical apparatus and preserve them for greater days ahead to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2011
Even AVB sees aw good mikel is, there keeping him company with torres on d bench, am sure cooger & 1025, wil tell us romeu is better than song
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2011
Even AVB sees aw good mikel is, there keeping him company with torres on d bench, am sure cooger & 1025, wil tell us romeu is better than song

@Hardunnii,
i always think about the flood in ibadan the ancient city whenever i see ur id. how are u coping? someone told me mikel was behind the flood, is it true? have u heard that jonathan is planing to remove fuel subsidy? i was surprised with jonathan and sambo planing to spend N1b only on food come 2012 - what do u think?
most importantly, forecasters are saying next year will have more rains than this year meaning more flood than we had this year. are u ready for that and what plans do u have for all that?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:44am On Dec 22, 2011
@1025 wats with this obsession with d flood?? Anyway ibadn is fine, as for GEJ, dats his own wahala, so answer d questn, is romeu now better than song
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2011
@1025 wats with this obsession with d flood?? Anyway ibadn is fine, as for GEJ, dats his own wahala, so answer d questn, is romeu now better than song

@hardunnii,
our environment contributes to the way we reason and think. those is war zones can't reason well so most times, i talk about the flood because i believe u are still in shock and as such cannot reason well especially to the capacity of advising mikel on what to do with his carrier.
if GEJ issue no concern u as a nigerian, how does mikel's decission and personal life disturb you this much? jonathan is using our money but mikel is working for his own money outside our ecenomy - do u understand me? i will not answer the question of romeu been better than song or not because the topic is between song and mikel not song and romeu but if u want to discuss romeu and song, you can start another topic which is very simple.
if you are an arsenal fan, tell me who won the match yesterday for arsenal. his name is General Benayoun and he is a chelsea player that is on loan to arsenal. if a player on loan is determining the fate of ur arsenal, then think of a first team player. if van persie leaves now and wenger makes benayoun's stay permanent, don't you know he will become the captain? did u not see galas captain arsenal? if my mikel decides to go to arsenal tomorrow, one of the conditions in his contract will be automatic captain and then u will see in news, John mikel Obi becomes the first nigerian to captain arsenal.
finally, u did not tell me ur plans about next year and the likely flood as has been forecast.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2011
@1025 i respect mikel for wat he has achieved, but hes nowhere near song, frimpong maybe, even relatively unknown romeu is sitin his ass on d bench, dat shows aw poor n overrated he is
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2011
His career is fastly burning off! Stop giving us 2005 stories, 2006 man of the match stories. We talking 2011!!!

He's already playing from where he belongs-the bench!!!Mikel does not deserve a starting shirt even at Aston Villa!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by khanye(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2011
Romeu > Song > Mikel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2017 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) Live / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.