Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,563 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! (33436 Views)

Olawepo Hashim Engages Grassroots, Vow To Lead Political Revolution In 2019 / Realistic Youth Political Strategy / Nyrp - Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by shophut(m): 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
To ALL comrades supporting NYRP

So far we have only been able to capture data from Thirty-eight (38) intending representatives. See analysis below.

Also i want to make a suggestion to @Ourchoice and other concerned comrades

Creating a thread for members to indicate interest in representing NYRP not a bad idea, but my points are
(a) Do you actually know these people?
(b) Are you just going to pick people to represent each state without any tangible information about the person
(c) How are you going to deal with situation where there is a sabotage or deviation from the main cause NYRP is for?

What is killing Nigeria today is because it started on a wrong foundation. If we ply this route then be rest assured that we have taken the wrong path as well. I am NOT implying the forms i created must be used but NYRP should have some form of data for its members #Justconcerned

After today i am pulling down the forms. Even the admin issues that were raised nothing has been done about it. It seems decisions in NYRP are being taken by a few and that can certainly NOT be what the youths of Nigeria want. I will NOT be a part to such a movement that does not consider decisions from others. Good luck to the cause of NYRP.

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ottidex(m): 12:04am On Nov 02, 2017
shophut:

So far we have only been able to capture data from Thirty-eight (38) intending representatives. See analysis below.

Creating a thread for members to indicate interest in representing NYRP not a bad idea, but my points are
(b) Are you just going to pick people to represent each state without any tangible information about the person
(c) How are you going to deal with situation where there is a sabotage or deviation from the main cause NYRP is for?

What is killing Nigeria today is because it started on a wrong foundation. If we ply this route then be rest assured that we have taken the wrong path as well. I am NOT implying the forms i created must be used but NYRP should have some form of data for its members #Justconcerned

After today i am pulling down the forms. Even the admin issues that were raised nothing has been done about it. It seems decisions in NYRP are being taken by a few and that can certainly NOT be what the youths of Nigeria want. I will NOT be a part to such a movement that does not consider decisions from others. Good luck to the cause of NYRP.

[color=#550000][/color]
You on point my friend.
For asking more questions on how this group is supposed to be run.

But I have a feeling you.Yourself have the answers to the particular questions you outlined☺
Even if they are ideas in ur head.
Why not share them n if it will move the group forward.
Just my 2cents.
BTW did u create the form yourself. (good job)

Mr Fred.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by daclemx: 12:05am On Nov 02, 2017
shophut:

Hi comrade, It is not true that only a few take decision in NYRP. And I gave answers to most of the questions raised concerning TRIBALISM. I am an Urhobo man and also an admin. Like I said, being an admin doesn't make me more important or less.

Secondly, those issues that where raised, some untouched will be looked into. You can't give up now bro. We have come too far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by Ikawokolaso01: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2017
shophut:

I observed the same thing, when a non admin make a good suggestion they look the other way round thinking we are here to hijack the vision. I am happy that others have realized this act of nepotism and hopefully the admin will do the necessary for the group to move forward
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ourchoice(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Ikawokolaso01:

I observed the same thing, when a non admin make a good suggestion they look the other way round thinking we are here to hijack the vision. I am happy that others have realized this act of nepotism and hopefully the admin will do the necessary for the group to move forward
Hi guys, seriously I want this movement to run even without my contribution, reason I want us to elect the coordinators and EXCOS so things can carry on with or without my presence. Pls be patient....I am away from my base and things hasn't been settled for me reason for my absense and silence to issues raised here.

I think we need to elect EXCOS and coordinators as fast as possible to fast track things.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ourchoice(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
shophut:

plz dont be discouraged now, its too early. Let's not expect this journey to be an easy one. We are just starting self. People will even see us as jokers....but se must not give up too soon.

Hang on, we really need EXCOS and coordinators as soon as possible
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ourchoice(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
shophut:

and based on the issues you raised, I think you need to create another form for intending contestants, the form should carry the post the person is interested in and couple with other datas in the previous form you created.

So when I create the thread, every interested contestant will have to go to the form to fill his or her data which we will then collate and present here for people to vote. What do you think

@daclemx, lindabon, etc you guys and others should come and make your contribution on how to carry out this critical task.

Good evening guys
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by shophut(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
NYRP should critically look at all the positions available to be filled and also determine what data / information to collect from intending contestants. Suggestions should be collected from all NYRP handles of social media for fairness. After we have all agreed then the thread and form can be created. This is my opinion.

ourchoice:
and based on the issues you raised, I think you need to create another form for intending contestants, the form should carry the post the person is interested in and couple with other datas in the previous form you created.

So when I create the thread, every interested contestant will have to go to the form to fill his or her data which we will then collate and present here for people to vote. What do you think

@daclemx, lindabon, etc you guys and others should come and make your contribution on how to carry out this critical task.

Good evening guys
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by daclemx: 6:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Okay, I will ask that from members on the Facebook group, then you do same from the Twitter handle okay?

from my 2 cent, we want:

Cordinators..... who will act as check and balance for the executives. They will be like the decision making body, or law making body. Each from one zone. South, East, North and West.

Then the normal excos

for the excos, we can elect the

1. President,

2. Vice

3. PRO

4. SECRETARY

These are just my 2 cents. So guys what do you think?

See, we need this to be very fast. By Next week we need to have elected the excos. Thanks all. @Ourchoice, shoptup and Lindabon pls email me your numbers. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by daclemx: 7:06am On Nov 03, 2017
PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS. THANK YOU
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ruqoyah26(f): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2017
[color=#000099][/color] yes this is time for youth era. I believe with one one voice we can achieve our missions. Support a youth like us come OSUN 2018 in his early 30's in already register and existing party which has the same aim with you to achieve.
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS PARTY CHECK THEIR WEBSITE ON www.wpnigeria.com or THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE: WELFARE PARTY OF NIGERIA
#WPN2018
#ADEYEYE2018
#OSUNREFORMATION2018
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by daclemx: 9:02am On Nov 03, 2017
ruqoyah26:
[color=#000099][/color] yes this is time for youth era. I believe with one one voice we can achieve our missions. Support a youth like us come OSUN 2018 in his early 30's in already register and existing party which has the same aim with you to achieve.
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS PARTY CHECK THEIR WEBSITE ON www.wpnigeria.com or THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE: WELFARE PARTY OF NIGERIA
#WPN2018
#ADEYEYE2018
#OSUNREFORMATION2018

WHO IS THIS ONE AGAIN? PLEASE MR. WE ARE NOT SUPPORTING ANYONE THE MEMBERS FROM NYRP DOES NOT SUPPORT. PLEASE THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PAGE TO DO THIS. PLEASE. THANK U.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by Ikawokolaso01: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2017
daclemx:

Okay, I will ask that from members on the Facebook group, then you do same from the Twitter handle okay?

from my 2 cent, we want:

Cordinators..... who will act as check and balance for the executives. They will be like the decision making body, or law making body. Each from one zone. South, East, North and West.

Then the normal excos

1. President,

2. Vice

3. PRO

4. SECRETARY

See, we need this to be very fast. By Next week we need to have elected the excos. Thanks all. @Ourchoice, shoptup and Lindabon pls email me your numbers. Thanks

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by Ikawokolaso01: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2017
daclemx:

from my 2 cent, we want:

Then the normal excos

1. President,

2. Vice

3. PRO

4. SECRETARY

We need to act like a political party and not like a pressure group. All political parties have state executive (Chairman, Secretary and Pro). The State executive elect the National working committee during a National Convention which will include all State Executive. We can't just elect or select someone we have not seen as the National Chairman. If we really Want this to work out we need to act professionally. This is my own opinion based on your question. I am Ikawokolaso
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2017
Ikawokolaso01:

We need to act like a political party and not like a pressure group. All political parties have state executive (Chairman, Secretary and Pro). The State executive elect the National working committee during a National Convention which will include all State Executive. We can't just elect or select someone we have not seen as the National Chairman. If we really Want this to work out we need to act professionally. This is my own opinion based on your question. I am Ikawokolaso

Good input I must say.
This is the reason I asked on Fb page about the time frame the excos would hold their office.

I think we should setup interim/ad hoc officials who would be charged to first of all, organise face2face meeting in any agreed/chosen location. (we need to see eachother bcoz an old politician fit hide under one moniker like that)
Maybe in that meeting, new officials will be elected.

Maybe from there also, comittee to draft priciples/guidlines/rules for general considerations.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by jossky: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ikawokolaso01:

I think I support this, because we need to be coordinated from our various wards, LGA, STATES before the National convention.
Pls admin. I will suggest every member to post his or her details here for easy coordination: for example,
YOUR Name
YOUR State
Phone Number

Then one person from that state can compile the list for his or her state. So as to make it easier for meetings in various states before the National Convention.

If my suggestion is accepted then....

I volunteer to compile the list for Rivers State so we can meet and organise ourselves properly.

so please if you are from Rivers State follow this
My Name: Mr Longlife
My State: Rivers State.
My Phone number: 08134371800

My name is Longlife.
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
LONG LIVE THE YOUTH OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by daclemx: 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
@OURCHOICE OR WHOEVER IS CONTROLLING THE NYRP EMAIL HANDLE. PLEASE CAN YOU PLS REPLY? AT OURCHOICE I HAVE CONTACTED YOU COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES BUT NO REPLY.

I WANT TO LET THIS HOUSE KNOW THAT THE MAIN DUTY OF THE ADMIN IS TO ENSURE EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE. OURCHOICE AND OTHER ADMIN WE NEED TO SITDOWN, BRAINSTORM ON THE IDEAS NYRP MEMBERS ARE COMING UP WITH AND ACT ACCORDINGLY. OURCHOICE U ARE THE VISION BEARER SO PLEASE, LET THE ADMINS COME TOGETHER AND LET'S START TAKING CRITICAL DECISIONS. WE NEED TO ELECT PEOPLE IN PLACE SO THEY CAN RUN WITH THE VISION.

I WILL REPEAT, WE HAVE COME TOO FAR TO BACK DOWN NOW
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by NYRP: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
ourchoice:

It is time for Nigerian youths to take charge of their future and stop the aged men and women from ruining our future and that of our unborn children in the name of politics and leadership.

All through my life, I have always hated and avoided politics because I feel less concerned and also feel its a dirty game for bad people, but funny enough, these same bad people decide our fate and future in this country, so why do we keep running away from politics as youths of Nigeria

PDP = APC

They don't care about the future of Nigerians, they care about enriching themselves and looting more money for their unborn generation. They have nothing to offer us. We shouldn't allow APC or PDP to win in 2019, enough is enough! We are tired of their fake promises! We are tired of their division of Nigeria using religion and tribalism as a tool. If not for bad leadership, Nigeria would have been a lovely country like USA where other country citizens will clamor to come in but look at Nigeria today, we are in a total mess! No future!

No Nigerian is sure of his or her future no matter how rich you are today, why Bad leadership! Nigerians are corrupt, Nigerians steal because they are scared of their future, they are scared their children and family will suffer tomorrow, so they steal and do all nonsense to secure a future they are scared of.

How can a governor proceed to become a senator after exhausting 8 years in office doing nothing for his state And we youths support them and help them actualize their devilish goals just because of peanut money.

How can we elect people who have no proven clean business or career success through diligence and integrity as our leaders Our president, governors should be successful entrepreneurs, CEOs, business gurus, technocrats and not retired military men who only believe in guns. Nigeria is still under military rule....its either a retired military officer is ruling us or his stooge is....so how do we claim to be a democratic nation

Who said corruption can only be fought with guns and bombs In 21st century, you fight corruption with technology and not with guns and bartons.

Agriculture is never what we need to develop Nigeria; these old men are deceiving us...what we need to change Nigeria is technology and we must go for it! With technology, we will develop our agriculture, medical sector, manufacturing sector, etc.

Whoever told you that Nigeria is making progress is deceiving you! How can we as a nation not able to take care of presidents health and we call ourself a nation

It is shameful that as advanced nations of the world are moving towards technology-driven youth leadership and e-government, Nigeria is still stuck in the 1960 leadership style of gun barrels whereby retired military officers and retired civil servants who ought to be resting with their grandchildren and telling them Moon tales are now the ones making ancient policies for our future based on their ancient ideas that are most times obsolete and not feasible in our today technology-driven world.

How do we as youths of 21st century believe that old men who only believe in traditional agriculture and crude oil mining as the only way to develop a nation will bring the much desired change we need to build our dream nation

We need to change this status quo now!

Visit foreign embassies; especially US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, UAE, China, Australia, South Africa, just name it and see how Nigerian youths are queueing up en mass to leave Nigeria as if Nigeria is at war. Even war torn countries like Syria, Libya, Iraq, etc aren't witnessing the mass migration of her citizen compared to what's happening in Nigeria now, why

Because Nigerians are scared of the future of Nigeria, so they are leaving to any habitable planet just to flee from the hardship inflicted on Nigeria by bad leaders we have had over the years.

Nigerian youths please let's all arise as one this time irrespective of our tribe, religion or affiliation....we have a common enemy to fight: poverty, unemployment, under-employment and of course leadership corruption!

We can change Nigeria as one united youths!

How can we achieve this

Let's form a Nigerian youth revolution party with the aim of electing selfless and visionary youth leaders in various key leadership positions in Nigeria; President, Governors, Senators (very important), state legislators, reps, etc.

Remember, youths make up majority of Nigeria's voting population, so if we can unite, believe me, we can win these seats and chart a new course for Nigeria that every Nigerian will be proud of.

I therefore table my request to you honorable youths; let's form a Nigerian Youth Revolution Party.

The manifesto will be rolled out..and if you have suggestions on how to bring this to reality please come forward.

After the party is formed, we will invite Nigerian youths home and abroad that are doing exceedingly well in their respective fields to join us. We will have unique binding rules to ensure we elect only the best who have Nigeria at heart.

Top on our manifesto will be job creation through 21st century entrepreneurship development, Nigerian technology revolution, restructuring Nigeria for effective leadership and grassroot governance, elimination of leadership corruption through the use of internet technology, creating a honest and truthful database of Nigerians to enable us know who and who are Nigerians.
This is our party official handle.

Going forward, this handle will be in charge of passing any info from the party EXCOS to the populace.

Please if you are a member of NYRP, kindly follow this handle so you will be updated with the latest news about NYRP.

We are moving very fast soon....we are getting the audience and commendations....guys congratulations, let's keep up the burning desire, Nigeria must be made a great nation by the youths!

One youth, one goal, one voice. Say no to tribalism, division or religious discrimination smiley
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by lindabon: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
daclemx:
@OURCHOICE OR WHOEVER IS CONTROLLING THE NYRP EMAIL HANDLE. PLEASE CAN YOU PLS REPLY? AT OURCHOICE I HAVE CONTACTED YOU COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES BUT NO REPLY.

I WANT TO LET THIS HOUSE KNOW THAT THE MAIN DUTY OF THE ADMIN IS TO ENSURE EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE. OURCHOICE AND OTHER ADMIN WE NEED TO SITDOWN, BRAINSTORM ON THE IDEAS NYRP MEMBERS ARE COMING UP WITH AND ACT ACCORDINGLY. OURCHOICE U ARE THE VISION BEARER SO PLEASE, LET THE ADMINS COME TOGETHER AND LET'S START TAKING CRITICAL DECISIONS. WE NEED TO ELECT PEOPLE IN PLACE SO THEY CAN RUN WITH THE VISION.

I WILL REPEAT, WE HAVE COME TOO FAR TO BACK DOWN NOW

Sure will, Thanks for your loyalty and commitment to the cause. I hope all NRYP member can show this level of dedication. Many thanks.

We need to create a whatsapp group as it will help with more organisation and transparency. @ourchoice can you do this or request someone else to do it?

Happy with all the suggestions from every one. Please keep them coming. This a relatively new movement so do not be dismayed with the lack of planning and control. All these would be resolved. I'm sure everyone who has been given a responsibility is doing their best. Remember that this is not the typical political movement which is always about money and self-interest. If we do more of the same thing, we won't get a different result.
#NYRP is something new. Doing something new often requires a lot of courage and needing to summon courage is itself a benefit. So, do not loose the momentum.

NYRP admins are not lazy and I'm sure they welcome being held to account and pushed when they need it, as this will help them improve. If you have any questions or want to offer a solution, feel free to express yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by ourchoice(m): 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
NYRP:
This is our party official handle.

Going forward, this handle will be in charge of passing any info from the party EXCOS to the populace.

Please if you are a member of NYRP, kindly follow this handle so you will be updated with the latest news about NYRP.

We are moving very fast soon....we are getting the audience and commendations....guys congratulations, let's keep up the burning desire, Nigeria must be made a great nation by the youths!

One youth, one goal, one voice. Say no to tribalism, division or religious discrimination smiley
I endorse this handle....going forward, all announcements will be made via this our official nairaland handle.

Every party member should kindly follow the handle now.

Lindabon, daclemx, shophut, etc.....send your whatsapp numbers to the official email, we need to plan the election of EXCOS and coordinators, and to move towards developing an official party rules, etc.

Send your whatsapp numbers as separate mail with subject: WHATSAPP NUMBER
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by emmancecute(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
emmancecute:
Comrades in the struggle, I must commen you all for your selflessness and genuine concern toward a better Nigeria. Electing excos is not what we could dabble into because the excos will form the bedrock of the decision making mechanism for our party. We need to be careful about the individuals we put in charge of running the affairs of our party so they won't become liabilities to the goal of this movement. My humble suggestion is that we form a caretaker committee from the present admins and it should based on how active he/she is. After this is done, we can now make use of the form to collate the names of individuals interested as states and region al coordinators to elect our excos. Mind you, there should be a pre-requisite for being an excos, cos we can not risk presenting any dick and harry to be our exco. Any excos with questionable character will be a liability to our goals and that we can not afford. Kudos guys, let's keep the fire burning.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by emmancecute(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
Comrades in the struggle, I must commen you all for your selflessness and genuine concern toward a better Nigeria. Electing excos is not what we could dabble into because the excos will form the bedrock of the decision making mechanism for our party. We need to be careful about the individuals we put in charge of running the affairs of our party so they won't become liabilities to the goal of this movement. My humble suggestion is that we form a caretaker committee from the present admins and it should based on how active he/she is. After this is done, we can now make use of the form to collate the names of individuals interested as states and region al coordinators to elect our excos. Mind you, there should be a pre-requisite for being an excos, cos we can not risk presenting any dick and harry to be our exco. Any excos with questionable character will be a liability to our goals and that we can not afford. Kudos guys, let's keep the fire burning.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by NYRP: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
emmancecute:
Comrades in the struggle, I must commen yu all for your selflessness and genuine concern for a better Nigeria. Electing excos is not what we could dabble into because the excos will form the bedrock of the decision making mechanism for our party. We need too be careful about the individuals we put in charge of running things so they won't become liabilities to the goal of this movement. What I want tot suggest we do for now is to form a caretaker committee from the present admins and it should based on how active he/she is. After this is done, we can now make use of the form to collate the names of individuals interested as states and region coordinators to elect our excos. Mind you, there should be a pre-requisite for being an excos, cos we can not risk presenting any dick and harry to be our excos. Any excos with questionable character will be a liability to our goals and thatwe can not afford. Kudos guys, let's keep the fire burning.
This is an awesome response and we must adopt this.

We will start with caretaker committee to handle the affairs of the party for 6 months from the day they are officially inaugurated, then as we grow in number soonest, we will then reach a mutual agreement on the time and date to hold a nationwide convention to elect the official EXCOS.

What do you guys think

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by AgroLogistics: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
Okay, guys, given the Nigerian factor, it has become pretty difficult to trust the motives of the next guy(s), isn't it? The paranoia is quite strong.

It is important that we have faith in ourselves and what we're projecting. At the nascent stage of every enterprise, such back and forth are inevitable. But let us not allow it get the best of us.

It is my conviction that all we'd be doing for now would be tentative(adhoc basis), so as to allow us examine our options very carefully.

Having said that, the system has to run, however. Perhaps, changes would be effected on a monthly basis, or as the house(#NYRP) unanimously agrees. This would allow for fine-tuning of the processes as we proceed.

Also, the admins are doing a great job,(#NYRP isn't all they do!) and should be encouraged to be a little more responsive, to discussions, suggestions and all.

Moreover, in addition to other modalities for roles/positions of responsibility, candidates need to convince members via personal statement of purpose or as the case may be. But overall, we need to have faith in our processes and the system as a whole.

Due to natural laws, and beyond our expectations, things always have ways of playing out nicely along the way.

Agreeably, time isn't always an affordable luxury but patience has always remained a virtue.

It is doable, guys, it is!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by NYRP: 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
AgroLogistics:
Okay, guys, given the Nigerian factor, it has become pretty difficult to trust the motives of the next guy(s), isn't it? The paranoia is quite strong.

It is important that we have faith in ourselves and what we're projecting. At the nascent stage of every enterprise, such back and forth are inevitable. But let us not allow it get the best of us.

It is my conviction that all we'd be doing for now would be tentative(adhoc basis), so as to allow us examine our options very carefully.

Having said that, the system has to run, however. Perhaps, changes would be effected on a monthly basis, or as the house(#NYRP) unanimously agrees. This would allow for fine-tuning of the processes as we proceed.

Also, the admins are doing a great job,(#NYRP isn't all they do!) and should be encouraged to be a little more responsive, to discussions, suggestions and all.

Moreover, in addition to other modalities for roles/positions of responsibility, candidates need to convince members via personal statement of purpose or as the case may be. But overall, we need to have faith in our processes and the system as a whole.

Due to natural laws, and beyond our expectations, things always have ways of playing out nicely along the way.

Agreeably, time isn't always an affordable luxury but patience has always remained a virtue.

It is doable, guys, it is!
well spoken, thank you for this great speech
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by AgroLogistics: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by AgroLogistics: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen...

Just to share these thoughts briefly.

I'd like to suggest that we unanimously adopt a symbol, image, logo or sign to succinctly depict what #NYRP represents.

You'd all agree that what may take volumes to communicate in words, may require far less by images, to hit it.

We don't necessarily need to have some expert knowledge on brand management, to reckon the importance of visual identity. Even the market woman who cannot read or write can appreciate and relate more easily with recognisable brands, via images, and there lies the power of visuals.

Let's all look at this and share our thoughts.

Regards!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by shophut(m): 12:30am On Nov 04, 2017
I am very impressed with the suggestions pouring in.

NYRP must grow strong to capture Nigeria. How do we achieve this

Under the 1999 Nigerian Constitution as Amended Chapter 6, Part 3, Section D, Subsection 221, lies the clauses we need to fulfill as a political party and to be registered under INEC;

221. No association, other than a political party, shall canvass for votes for any candidate at any election or contribute to the funds of any political party or to the election expenses of any candidate at an election.
222. No association by whatever name called shall function as a party, unless -
(a) the names and addresses of its national officers are registered with the Independent National Electoral Commission;
(b) the membership of the association is open to every citizen of Nigeria irrespective of his place of origin, circumstance of birth, sex, religion or ethnic grouping;
(c) a copy of its constitution is registered in the principal office of the Independent National Electoral Commission in such form as may be prescribed by the Independent National Electoral Commission;
(d) any alteration in its registered constitution is also registered in the principal office of the Independent National Electoral Commission within thirty days of the making of such alteration;
(e) the name of the association, its symbol or logo does not contain any ethnic or religious connotation or give the appearance that the activities of the association are confined to a part only of the geographical area of Nigeria; and
(f) the headquarters of the association is situated in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

If we read down there are other clauses up to 229 or there about in number.

First things first, going by what we have in the constitution, NYRP needs to be registered, and how do we get that done We start by building the structure from the foundation up to the roof...
(a) We have to fill the positions of Admins in NYRP Facebook page and group, Twitter, Instagram, Email, Website, Whatsapp. Yesterday i went through the members of NYRP facebook group, lo and behold, i saw someone that's NOT a Nigerian as a member So we need dedicated admins
(b) We need to agree on a logo and colours that will represent NYRP
(c) We need to vote for intending representatives from each 6 geopolitical zones; e.g South South Zone should have in each State (3 representatives, ie Chairman, Secretary and PRO), and each LGAs (3 representatives, ie Chairman, Secretary and PRO). This should be replicated in ALL zones.
(d) After this stage we can then call for a congress. At the congress we will deliberate on how to constitute the NEC.
(e)To constitute the National Executive Committee (NEC), we have to hold a congress. How do we arrive at this stage LGA representatives in each State of a particular zone will vote or present 3 representatives to represent them at the State Level, at the congress. At the congress NEC officials or representatives will be constituted through voting by the State representatives.

If we can achieve this 5 steps, we are in right order. That's my contribution. Suggestions are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by shophut(m): 12:38am On Nov 04, 2017
You should not put out your information in a public domain like this. Follow the instructions given by NYRP. Members in NYRP follow instructions.

jossky:

I think I support this, because we need to be coordinated from our various wards, LGA, STATES before the National convention.
Pls admin. I will suggest every member to post his or her details here for easy coordination: for example,
YOUR Name
YOUR State
Phone Number

Then one person from that state can compile the list for his or her state. So as to make it easier for meetings in various states before the National Convention.

If my suggestion is accepted then....

I volunteer to compile the list for Rivers State so we can meet and organise ourselves properly.

so please if you are from Rivers State follow this
My Name: Mr Longlife
My State: Rivers State.
My Phone number: 08134371800

My name is Longlife.
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
LONG LIVE THE YOUTH OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by shophut(m): 12:43am On Nov 04, 2017
Sorry about my late reply. Unfortunately i am not on Whatsapp. Maybe telegram or skype will be an option to consider. Thanks

ourchoice:
I endorse this handle....going forward, all announcements will be made via this our official nairaland handle.

Every party member should kindly follow the handle now.

Lindabon, daclemx, shophut, etc.....send your whatsapp numbers to the official email, we need to plan the election of EXCOS and coordinators, and to move towards developing an official party rules, etc.

Send your whatsapp numbers as separate mail with subject: WHATSAPP NUMBER
Re: Nigerian Youth Political Revolution Movement (NYRP) - Join NOW! by Sleemut09: 4:21am On Nov 04, 2017
morning Admin!

As i stated in the earlier NL post, my SUPPORT and PASSION for this VISION can never be sweep off. Its not what I just thought off-hand, but I dreamt about it several times. This is the only way out of dungeon this great nation found herself.

MEMBERSHIP:
As I advised then, Admin need to create a robust website where every youths can be referred to login and input details as a member. Just as networking website runs, the site should be able to count the number of youth each person is able to refer to register on the website..believe you me, this will create massive awareness round the whole federation within the next six months. Also, during registration there should be a field to input all the social media each members has, and like weekly/monthly SMS, frequent email, Facebook, Twitter etc update can be posted on members page to reach the world. This group should have the highest follower on all the social media.

FINANCE:
There will be a voluntary donation from all Nigerian youths, NGOs, foreign and international supporters will no be left behind and even old people supporter that cares to resuscitate the destiny of our great nation as the vision will be so clear that we intends to flush out God fatherism and likes will not have its stands in the system.

In conclusion, we shouldn't forget that INTEGRITY and TRANSPARENCY is the key.

SIGNED: SLEEMUT
Sleemut08@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Pastor Tunde Bakare’s Church. (video) / Niger-Delta Avengers: Osinbajo Meets governors, Service Chiefs / Atiku Visits Oba Of Benin, Ewuare (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.