Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,282 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62818 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
lol, you quoted Act 9:18 but you couldn't type it out. I smell foul play

2. Baptism doesn't wash away sins, its a symbolic representation after confession of sin and believe in Jesus

3. Jesus did it to fulfil all righteousness. If it was compulsory, how come all his disciples didn't go through the process

4. Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized ......not the other way round.

Did u read that 1st peter3 :22......it says baptism corresponds it didn't say represent....u made that up on ur own I guess. He went further to say that it makes u appeal to God with a clear conscience.....
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
ladman:

Your definition of freethinking is out of this world. You are not a freethinker! Maybe a trouble maker for starting this e-fight.
na so... And you partook in it.. You going to hell bro.. cool
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:

2. Baptism doesn't wash away sins, its a symbolic representation after confession of sin and believe in Jesus

3. Jesus did it to fulfil all righteousness. If it was compulsory, how come all his disciples didn't go through the process

4. Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized ......not the other way round.

ROM 10:9-10
9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Did u read that 1st peter3 :22......it says baptism corresponds it didn't say represent....u made that up on ur own I guess. He went further to say that it makes u appeal to God with a clear conscience.....

That is why peter goes further to say baptism corresponds not represents that declaration of Jesus Christ as Lord
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

E get were person go defend nonsense reach, e go just be like mumu...no insult intended

None should be taken. Religion has been causing wars since time immemorial. It is one of the reasons why religion remains relevant. Peolle are always willing to die for what they believe.

Even atheists die for believing there is no God.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
dingbang:
na so... And you partook in it.. You going to hell bro.. cool

To all ye who judge, beware, you are not God! grin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Beey(f): 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
dingbang:
cuz I was bored.... embarassed

Secondly.. I was toasting one girl oo... Told her I am a catholic.. She said no we can't date that we are not bible believers... I was like... Are you high.... I just blocked the girl. Judging someone onto their religion ain't cool because I don't even do that...
She's crazy.It's not like y'all are worshipping the devil.Even among Protestant churches, you'll still find issues based on doctrines.It's not like you are from different religions, though I've seen some interfaith marriages work.I've also faced rejection from a Catholic as far as dating is concerned because am not one,so guess these things happen.My mom & I are Protestant while my dad & sis are catholic.Church has never been an issue because we all respect one another.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:

9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Stop reading one part of the bible n hold it as truth, and argue blindly......go n get baptized if u have not.....do not deceive urself.....plus who told u other apostles were not baptized??
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

That is why peter goes further to say baptism corresponds not represents that declaration of Jesus Christ as Lord
Lol.....Do you know Cornelius got saved before he was baptized

Salvation is not by any form of works, when Peter said "baptism" now save you, did read down the line where he said not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience. He quickly add that part because of people like you that read Bible half way

It irritates me when you quote scripture out of context.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Stop reading one part of the bible n hold it as truth, and argue blindly......go n get baptized if u have not.....do not deceive urself.....plus who told u other apostles were not baptized??
Show me scriptures where Paul got baptized by water grin

Don't get me wrong, water baptism is a good thing but its not a ticket to salvation but rather an evidence of salvation
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
when you call the compilers of the new testament fake what will you say about the books they put in your hands?

WHO COMPILED THE BOOKS.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:

where is it started that doctrine must be Bible based?
If your doctrine isn't Bible base then you're not Christians. Most religious faith have a guide to their doctrines. E.g Islam has theirs from the Koran, Christian Bible. There must be a basis to draw your doctrine
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:

Pls read Act 8:16......it highlights the importance of baptism not this nonsense ur spreading......

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 19:2
and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?" "No," they answered, "we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Its clearly seen here that even after confession Jesus as their Lord and person saviour, they still didn't receive the holy spirit until baptism was done.

And even wen it is not done right, the effect might not be seen as clearly stated in Acts 8 :16

because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

This clearly shows that the main thing in baptism are water and baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit.

Man u have a long at to go...go and learn, except u want to keep misleading pple.......n u know what d bible says about misleading NY of these little ones.....
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
ladman:

Thorpido get experience o, thorpido don go heaven come back to reach this conclusion.
Search scriptures.
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."1 Corinthians 15:54

Do you understand what the above means?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
Show me scriptures where Paul got baptized by water grin

Don't get me wrong, water baptism is a good thing but its not a ticket to salvation but rather an evidence of salvation

Read Acts 9:10-21
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
omojeesu:

WHO COMPILED THE BOOKS.

Different catholic theologians and monks found aramaic and greek texts which they translated into latin texts. Most of the bible today are results of these translations.

By the way, the new testament you hold so dearly draw lots of inspiration from the old testament.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
Lol.....Do you know Cornelius got saved before he was baptized

Salvation is not by any form of works, when Peter said "baptism" now save you, did read down the line where he said not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience. He quickly add that part because of people like you that read Bible half way

It irritates me when you quote scripture out of context.

I have gone further to show were others got saved but didn't receive the spirit not until they were baptized.....refute those bible passages
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

E get were person go defend nonsense reach, e go just be like mumu...no insult intended
You mean the whole thing don turn you mumu?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
thorpido:
You mean the whole thing don't turn you mumu?

Don't??...... Man can't speak good english, no wonder he argues like an ignorant illiterate
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Pls read Act 8:16......it highlights the importance of baptism not this nonsense ur spreading......

This is Act 8:16

16because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

It didn't say anything about importance of water baptism. When the scripture doesn't favour your argument, you ll choose not to type them out.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 19:2
and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?" "No," they answered, "we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

[s]Its clearly seen here that even after confession Jesus as their Lord and person saviour, they still didn't receive the holy spirit until baptism was done.[/s]
Water baptism does not give holy spirit

And even wen it is not done right, the effect might not be seen as clearly stated in Acts 8 :16

because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

This clearly shows that the main thing in baptism are water and baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit.

Man u have a long at to go...go and learn, except u want to keep misleading pple.......n u know what d bible says about misleading NY of these little ones.....

Baptism of the holy ghost brings holy spirit with evidence of speaking in tongue.

The holy spirit wasn't in action until Jesus left. John the Baptist, the chief baptizer had no encounter with the holy spirit.

Guy, you have a looooooong way to go
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Read Acts 9:10-21
type it out now like you typed others grin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
type it out now like you typed others grin

Acts 9:18 and immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he arose and was baptized;
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Acts 9:18 and immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he arose and was baptized;
And that's water baptism in your eye
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell!

All the old and new testament books preceded Constantine and your monks. Men gathered indeed what were already available but God had His way in the final selection even when some men thought they were implementing hidden agenda.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit.

ladman:

Different catholic theologians and monks found aramaic and greek texts which they translated into latin texts. Most of the bible today are results of these translations.

By the way, the new testament you hold so dearly draw lots of inspiration from the old testament.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
Baptism of the holy ghost brings holy spirit with evidence of speaking in tongue.

The holy spirit wasn't in action until Jesus left. John the Baptist, the chief baptizer had no encounter with the holy spirit.

Guy, you have a looooooong way to go

Understanding is ur problem I see....I didn't say water baptism gives the holy spirit..... But as scripture clearly shows..... Salvation is in stages....fist is the profession, second is baptism of water and the receiving the holy spirit, I said baptism makes one clean to receive the spirit, I have backed it up with scripture

Mark 16:16 The one having believed and having been baptized will be saved, but the one having disbelieved will be condemned.

You can see mark clearly uses the 'and' telling u the importance of baptism....it is not enuf to believe and confess, you have to be baptized
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
femi4:
And that's water baptism in your eye

What baptism is that pls??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
ladman:

To all ye who judge, beware, you are not God! grin
hahhahahhaha.... Go away...let me continue to have my fun grin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
omojeesu:
Lies from the pit of hell!

All the old and new testament books preceded Constantine and your monks. Men gathered indeed what were already available but God had His way in the final selection even when some men thought they were implementing hidden agenda.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit.

No one is claiming that the monks or constantine wrote it. The key word here is compilation and the talk of hidden agenda by some men is unclear. Are you a conspiracy theorist?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Beey:
She's crazy.It's not like y'all are worshipping the devil.Even among Protestant churches, you'll still find issues based on doctrines.It's not like you are from different religions, though I've seen some interfaith marriages work.I've also faced rejection from a Catholic as far as dating is concerned because am not one,so guess these things happen.My mom & I are Protestant while my dad & sis are catholic.Church has never been an issue because we all respect one another.
yeah you are right.. Let's love each other..... kiss wink
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
thorpido:
Search scriptures.
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."1 Corinthians 15:54

Do you understand what the above means?

It does not still prove anything.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

What baptism is that pls??
That was holy ghost baptism with fire. He started his ministry with Power and covered more ground. He couldn't have achieved that via water baptism
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Beey(f): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
dingbang:
yeah you are right.. Let's love each other..... kiss wink
I agree the world should love one another.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Don't??...... Man can't speak good english, no wonder he argues like an ignorant illiterate
Poor you.I wrote in pidgin English.You don't know how an android phone works and that it was auto-correct that changed it?
You're not intelligent and enlightened afterall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Mummy GO Spotted Grabbing Pizza (Photo, Video) / Before And Now Pictures Of Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Was Shared Online. / Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.